• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wak xfer toons vanishing

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
has anyone else had this problem? i have a friend who has lost not 1 but 2 whole toons in the x fer process.... the toon is not on wak, the toon is not on the destination shard...the toon is just gone.........2nd time and this time it had his shard shield on him...

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tell them to contact a GM.
wouldnt do any good they tell ya they cant speak English..... "yes i have had them respond to me saying exactly that before when i paged over stealthers luring crystal eles to packys while they were still stealthed " anywho he contacted Mesanna shes looking into if for him.......just wondering if it had happened to anyone else. im about to xfer off there soon and it has me slightly worried since its happened 2 times on same server.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just did two transfers today (Atlantic to Great Lakes, then Great Lakes to Europa) with no problems, so whatever happened doesn't seem to be happening often.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
tell the friend to log into a north american shard and page a GM. i paged a GM on an asian shard and got a response in japanese which i couldn't understand. so i logged into sonoma and sent the same page. my issue got fixed.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prob close to 300 transfers and I've had exactly 2 characters go missing.

Once was my fault for not realizing the time & started the xfer abt 15 mins before the server dropped.
Paged a GM and my character was fully restored, items and all, in 2-3 days.

2nd time was when the shard I was transferring to had an unscheduled revert. Char went *POOF*.
Paged a GM and this time it took about 4-5 days for him to show up in my list.

That "Please page using the native language of this shard so we may respond and help you efficiently" message just sucks.
Been there, done that... for literally +3 yrs paging every couple months hoping for someone to eventually help. GMs never did....
Finally went to a Meet & Greet on Asuka where Mesanna showed up & managed to get like 60 seconds of her attention to ask for help.
After she was done, she recalled to my house and fixed my problem in like 20 seconds. Don't care what anyone says... I love that woman :heart:.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is one snafu I cannot forget, but it was not from an Asian shard.

It was stone stupid of me; purely my fault. This was a get out of town transfer - my only Elf tamer, with some of my best pets including "pre-patch" Cu Sidhes, a 4.2 Dread, several high rated Bane Dragons and a "pre-patch" Hiryu that also had great resists and was bright pink, of all things. Plus the character was well equipped and 120 clean in all taming and magery skills along with everything I owned on that shard.

Moron, here, sends him off to a shard with a full character inventory for that account. And not just that, most of these characters filling those slots were essentially blank toons that existed only to pick up seasonal gifts.

Nonetheless, after I made room for my lost tamer, they fixed this for me. It took emails and some time but they came through. Even when I get frustrated with the developers this particular incident comes to mind to counterbalance whatever else I may be feeling ;)

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I fully understand. OP is told to page a GM, OP responds that paging a GM wont work and how it would be useless because they don't speak english. OP ends up paging a GM and the GM is able to get their problem fixed.

Seems like paging a GM worked afterall.
no, she said she didnt page a GM because they don't speak English. She said that they contact Mesanna directly. Mesanna fixed the problem.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no, she said she didnt page a GM because they don't speak English. She said that they contact Mesanna directly. Mesanna fixed the problem.
Ah, you know what? Youre right. I need reading comprehension classes evidently.

I still think its stupid to not even try to page a GM

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ah, you know what? Youre right. I need reading comprehension classes evidently.

I still think its stupid to not even try to page a GM
it does 0 good to page a gm when they tell you to please page back in the native language .......even when u google translate that $**t up for them they still dont comprehend what the heck ur trying to say......or they choose not to bother with it...one or the other.......but a direct email to mesanna did resolve the situation

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it does 0 good to page a gm when they tell you to please page back in the native language .......even when u google translate that $**t up for them they still dont comprehend what the heck ur trying to say......or they choose not to bother with it...one or the other.......but a direct email to mesanna did resolve the situation
Except S_S said the following:

They now have an english speaking GM that helps with the Asian shards. Had to page him a few times now, really cool guy.
So sounds like paging a GM would have worked.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always wondered why English-speaking people bother playing on the Asian shards in the first place. Why go to all the trouble? Trying to get some items sold only there and transfer them back, I suppose?

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Except S_S said the following:

So sounds like paging a GM would have worked.
u sure are intent on arguing with me on this post.....he didnt want to page a gm!!!! he had paged a gm before and it DID NOT WORK>>>>THEY TOLD HIM THEY DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH.....jesus h christ if u cant comprehend that i dunno what to tell ya......and when i posted the original thread you'll notice i didnt ask for help in any way shape or form on how to deal with it...i just ask if anyone had had this happen...he had already contacted mesanna when i posted this.......uggg

Last edited: