Individual Loot Distribution bug or intended?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
Example A:

Doing a Exodus and when in a party we all have to split the loot (no more instanced corpses?). So if we keep the party we get 15 or so items combined. If we break party each individual gets 12 or so items each! In order to have your own loot corpse you need to break party for every monster? This can't be how it is intended to work.

Example B:
Doing a Lady Mel you get like 50 items to comb through per party member. Why is the variation so different between different Mobs.

Seems like Solo players are getting the shaft with the loot changes. Takes 10x as long to kill something Solo and you get the same loot as killing it with 20 people. Some will argue go in a group and kill it but you know as well as I do some shards are empty.

And please for the love of god fix the picking up items from the ground

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
There are no bugs in UO, only unintended consequences :gee:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
But on a more serious note, I have never understood why, in an MMO, being in a party would be a disadvantage. Makes no sense, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Example A:
Doing a Exodus and when in a party we all have to split the loot (no more instanced corpses?). So if we keep the party we get 15 or so items combined. If we break party each individual gets 12 or so items each! In order to have your own loot corpse you need to break party for every monster? This can't be how it is intended to work.
Yep....a extremely lousy system.

I always break party and make sure all my characters are qualifiers when farming high end content. Doing otherwise your setting yourself up to reap the minimum benefits with the time you invested.

Creating a party has no benefits outside of bardsongs. If you join a party you get less loot EVERYTIME.

There isn't one scenerio I can think of in all of UO where being in a party is beneficial in terms of loot that's dropped.

It's a piss poor design.

Reactions: MalagAste

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
just break party before it dies.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
I break party as soon as everyone is already inside the encounter.

There is a benefit to being in a party. At least in the EC anyways. You can see party members on the map but it's very slow to update locations.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
Just break party at Word of Death time (34% health) and everyone will get their own pile of crap to pick through. Only benefit to being in a party, other than the bars, is the loot generated will have properties based off the member with the highest luck.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Also bards need to be in the party for you to get the benefit of their songs.... this sucks for the bard after the party breaks they lose out on the damage/healing bonuses. Often not even getting looting rights.

As I said in another post there is very little incentive in UO to be in a guild or group. Greed prevails and since people don't want to share loot in a party they feel the need to solo everything. IMO this kills community.

Really what reason is there to go in a group?

Most things the respawn rate is too low to do with a group and people get bored waiting around for things to do.

We need incentives to work together as a community again.

And don't give me the Fel champ speach as we all know that even those are soloed all the time.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
Just break party at Word of Death time (34% health) and everyone will get their own pile of crap to pick through. Only benefit to being in a party, other than the bars, is the loot generated will have properties based off the member with the highest luck.
I thought they changed that awhile back to the loot being based upon the luck of a random member of the party?

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
In a party or not it is top damage. So you need to make sure whoever has highest luck is dealing the most damage...

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
My latest info for the luck is that it is taken randomly from one of the top attackers and that is also my experience.

Reactions: Goldberg-Chessy

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2008
Kentucky
This may have changed.

I believe it goes somewhat like this.

If you're not in a party, the top 8 damage dealers will get loot rights.

If you are in a party, and the monster dies while partied, the party will share the same corpse.

If you drop the party at a certain time before the monster dies, everyone will get a portion of the loot. From my experience with this, the time you drop the party matters. If you drop it too soon, those who did not do sufficient damage will not get looting rights.

I have no clue how luck is calculated for groups.

Feel free to chime in if anyone believes I am mistaken.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
I am pretty sure the way it is now is not intended

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
Yep....a extremely lousy system.

I always break party and make sure all my characters are qualifiers when farming high end content. Doing otherwise your setting yourself up to reap the minimum benefits with the time you invested.

Creating a party has no benefits outside of bardsongs. If you join a party you get less loot EVERYTIME.

There isn't one scenerio I can think of in all of UO where being in a party is beneficial in terms of loot that's dropped.

It's a piss poor design.
The capturing of the pirates, When in a party all party members get a chance at the ship pieces, If you break the party only the person capturing the pirate does

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
The capturing of the pirates, When in a party all party members get a chance at the ship pieces, If you break the party only the person capturing the pirate does
You are right it's the only system designed somewhat right.... however the "loot" from turning in a pirate stinks. The cannon balls are worthless... the ship parts are ok and a full ship sells ok but it doesn't nearly return the investment of time and supplies with capturing him in the first place.

And if done in Tram instead of Tokuno the time is HORRIBLE. Sailing all the way to the port and back is super dull. Though I will say they could spice it up a LOT by making having a pirate to return somewhat like being on a trade quest and add cool spawns to kill in the way back to the dock.... only the loot on sea creatures would need a SERIOUS overhaul.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 18, 2010
Example A:

Example B:
Doing a Lady Mel you get like 50 items to comb through per party member. Why is the variation so different between different Mobs.

Seems like Solo players are getting the shaft with the loot changes. Takes 10x as long to kill something Solo and you get the same loot as killing it with 20 people. Some will argue go in a group and kill it but you know as well as I do some shards are empty.

And please for the love of god fix the picking up items from the ground
This is a bug with certain mobs like Exodus and Shame mobs which will be resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007
This is a bug with certain mobs like Exodus and Shame mobs which will be resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
@Bleak, can you shed some clarification on the way luck works? There seems to be disagreement within the masses. From what I recall from some time ago, the luck of the highest damage dealer would be applied. But that may have changed or perhaps I've just misremembered how it works. :) But clarification would be awesome!

Reactions: BeaIank

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
And also reply on whether there is a plan to make being in a party the whole way thru the instance and advantage instead of a hindrance?

Reactions: DJAd

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
I have not noticed a change to luck from top damage. Wonder why...

Here is what I do:
Honor/luck suit
Redlined put on luck suit
drop party
pop corpse first

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
I am sure I have said this before but BLEAK your the MAN!