• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Additions to Publish 89

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like some great changes.

Except for the first part. Why clear the access list?
Obviously the owner trusted some people enough to have access to house and in some cases even containers. The house should go private but the access list should stay.
Just my opinion.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the access list being cleared is a good idea...that means that NOONE has any advantage.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but if they clear the house list, it means it can't be loaded up with unicorns and kirins for the reds when it falls :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Game
2015 Feb 13 21:15 GMT
Greetings everyone,

We wanted to let everyone know we have added a few additional revisions to Publish 89, these can not be seen on TC1 but will be active when it goes to Production. The changes we have made are to IDOC houses. Below are the details of the changes we have made:
  • When a house goes into the condemned stage the house will go private and all access will be removed.
  • Trial accounts will no longer be able to pick up loot from an IDOC house
  • When the house drops Grubbers will spawn with some of the house loot in their packs, you will have to chase them down to get the loot they have.
  • After a house is in the IDOC stage the timers are no longer random, it will drop at either 5, 10, or 15 hours, with the exception of houses with rental vendors. Houses with rental vendors will become OSI owned and have to go through a cycle for the second time to notify vendor owners.
The UO Team would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day!!

UO Team

Continue reading...
Screenshots or it didn't happen, I call early april fools, if not, definitely the most interesting patch notes I've seen outside of pvp stuff that is.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a house on Test Center that I placed a few months ago. I added some co-owners and a friend to its security list tonight, as well as gave a character access to the house. Took screen shots for every step.

Then I used the house owner to place another house nearby on Test Center, which caused the first house to start to decay.

After placing the second house, the security listing on the first house still had the same names on the co-owner, friends, and access lists. I was also able to make a character from yet another account a co-owner on the first house after it began to decay.

I don't have any idea when this house is going to hit the final stage in the IDOC process. I will try to keep an eye on it but make no guarantees I'll catch it as it changes stages. It went from "fairly new" to "slightly worn" within a matter of mere minutes.

I also don't know if there was any point to doing any of it as the publish notes say we won't see these changes until everything hits the production shards.

Anyway, here are screen shots from TC this evening, for whatever they're worth.

Information screen confirming date/time of placement several months ago:
Test Center House Sign Information Page.jpg

Security settings before placing another house on TC with same account:
Test Center House Sign Co Owner List Before Placing New House.jpg
Test Center House Sign Friends List Before Placing New House.jpg
Test Center House Sign Access List Before Placing New House.jpg

Confirmation gump to place another house on TC:
Test Center Placing New House.jpg

"Condemned" message on first house after placing second house on TC:
test center first house is condemned.jpg

"Like new" status on house sign:
test center first house like new message.jpg

Security settings after second house placed:
test center first house slightly worn and co owner list.jpg
test center first house slightly worn and friends list.jpg
test center first house slightly worn and access list.jpg

Able to name an additional co-owner after second house placed:
test center first house slightly worn added new co owner.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"We wanted to let everyone know we have added a few additional revisions to Publish 89, these can not be seen on TC1 but will be active when it goes to Production."
From the notes, it's not going to be on Test...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Very thoughtful and thorough Tina! But you are correct, it's not on TC, it won't be *live* until it's pushed to prodo shards.

Once that happens, I plan on testing it with my own house on Origin. I've been wanting to move anyway ;)

So once this publish goes live, you are more then welcome to come to Origin, I will friend you to my current house, then place another..I am currently in the process of de-decorating lol.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case anyone wants to follow the progress on that house on TC, just in case it is going to decay according to new rules, the coordinates are 85o 0'N, 17o 22'W, not too far south of Luna. (Take the east gate.)

I placed the second house at 8:49:43 pm Mountain Time, which is 22:49:43 pm Eastern Time. I just made it public a few minutes ago and it has no vendors on it.

test center map.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would put some junk stuff in and some rar-ish stuff in...resources and stuff and then arties...just to see what kind of stuff the grubbers might take..I plan on doing the same with my luna house on Origin.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would put some junk stuff in and some rar-ish stuff in...resources and stuff and then arties...just to see what kind of stuff the grubbers might take..I plan on doing the same with my luna house on Origin.
Yeah, I had some old holiday/anniversary tickets on that character from copying her over, so I used some of those. Did "give arties" and put all the various bags from that in the house. Put up a mannequin and dressed it in some gaudy artifacts from the bags. There's some grass and snow tiles, a harpsichord, a deployed codex of the virtues deed and a few other things gift-type things.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol! awesome. i had to look twice at the OPs name i thought someone was making a joke.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna

I too would like clarification regarding the clearing of the friends and co-owners list. Isn't a house only "condemned" if the owner places another house? If this happens whenever a house goes into decay then anyone who has stored anything or locked anything down there is basically screwed.

They should at least be given a chance to remove their stuff.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow i was honestly gonna pancake about idocs and i didnt even hate the 5 - 20 hour fall times because when i used to start camp idocs that was kinda the way it went with a 10-22 hour in some instances i remember houses falling when i was a kid. Key word there being a kid, with no job or any other commitment. I mean other great solutions to idoc scrippters is to put in random line of sight markers or randomize where items drop when house falls. The more variables you add to the equation the less scripting can impact it. Another random idea i just had is just to revamp a skill detect hidden or anything else is to reveal a time clock on any idoc but the restriction is that you get a very general time of when it falls and i mean general and it would account restricted. A system like this while it could lead to some crazy f*** with 20 accounts getting great idocs times but at the same time players would communicate to each other with the times they got and hopefully figure out a fall time together on the bigger falls. ( I do not mean to offend anyone with 20 accounts)

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a house on Test Center that I placed a few months ago. I added some co-owners and a friend to its security list tonight, as well as gave a character access to the house. Took screen shots for every step.

Then I used the house owner to place another house nearby on Test Center, which caused the first house to start to decay.

After placing the second house, the security listing on the first house still had the same names on the co-owner, friends, and access lists. I was also able to make a character from yet another account a co-owner on the first house after it began to decay.

I don't have any idea when this house is going to hit the final stage in the IDOC process. I will try to keep an eye on it but make no guarantees I'll catch it as it changes stages. It went from "fairly new" to "slightly worn" within a matter of mere minutes.

I also don't know if there was any point to doing any of it as the publish notes say we won't see these changes until everything hits the production shards.

Anyway, here are screen shots from TC this evening, for whatever they're worth.

Information screen confirming date/time of placement several months ago:
View attachment 29077

Security settings before placing another house on TC with same account:
View attachment 29078
View attachment 29079
View attachment 29087

Confirmation gump to place another house on TC:
View attachment 29080

"Condemned" message on first house after placing second house on TC:
View attachment 29081

"Like new" status on house sign:
View attachment 29082

Security settings after second house placed:
View attachment 29083
View attachment 29084
View attachment 29085

Able to name an additional co-owner after second house placed:
View attachment 29086

Greetings everyone,

We wanted to let everyone know we have added a few additional revisions to Publish 89, these can not be seen on TC1 but will be active when it goes to Production. The changes we have made are to IDOC houses. Below are the details of the changes we have made:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grubbers is good change. In case they not despawn after some time, no loot will lost on ground.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FINALLY! - It is so nice to see that notice has been taken of players concerns. As someone has already posted - yes, scripters will come up with new scripts as they always do but HEY! no more young accounts at Idocs. Private and no access, if they can't see it, its difficult to script loot No?. The proposed 5 - 20 hour waiting period is no more. The new times are definitive once more, ok so it may not be possible to be there every 5 hours but at least you will know and not waste hours camping. The grubbers would appear to be a reasonable innovation too and I congratulate the Devs on this one, this could put a lot of the fun back into idocs. All in all it seems the players have spoken and they have been heard. Well Done All Concerned.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow...an update to Phoenix Armor, and WORLDBUILDING? What game is this?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a house goes into the condemned stage the house will go private and all access will be removed.
If a house is public, I want to see all of the containers in the house! :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Trial accounts will no longer be able to pick up loot from an IDOC house"

Well this is seems like a good idea. I wonder if trial accounts can pickup items from dead Grubbers though.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably if they kill em... but then the player will have to work skills... and repeat every trail period..

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Trial account is the best bit, however my concerns about the access/friends/co-owners list concerns me, what if someone's credit/debit card fails on one of their accounts and at that time of the month they cannot make payment? They can't use their other accounts to save their items

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trial account is the best bit, however my concerns about the access/friends/co-owners list concerns me, what if someone's credit/debit card fails on one of their accounts and at that time of the month they cannot make payment? They can't use their other accounts to save their items
it's "when a house goes into the Condemned stage" this takes 3 months to happen, if their card fails for 3 month's, there's bigger issues than a game for these folks I would think.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To the DEV team, THANK YOU for listening. You did great on these changes. :) My only nitpick is at the 5, 10 and 15 hour marks I'm afraid that so many people are going to be casting EQ's and EV's that those grubbers aren't even gonna have a chance to run. But over all I give the changes a mark of 9 1/2 out of 10. :D

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does a house just start decaying or does it become condemned after the 90 days of inactivity?

It could be a lot of bad situations for people who share houses or guildhouses if access is removed suddenly. There is no indication that a house could begin to decay.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grubbers, woot, another version of one of my suggestions made it into the game! Some time ago I suggested House elementals spawn at idocs that would kill the trial account campers... I WAS KILLED BY A DOOR ELEMENTAL!

My other idea some years ago was a fishing reward of new boat plans in parts that you had to collect and piece together.

:)

You can send me um, let me see, I can use five Stygian abyss upgrade codes still!

Grubbers make idocing a game within the game, so those sound like fun, which is of course the reason I play UO.

I don't like the 5-15 hour waiting period since scripters don't have to wait, they set up their scripts then go to sleep.

I do like that you dealt with the disliked changes to idoc swiftly.

So I think I will give you some money soon! Busy weekend.

Now if only you would remove those ridiculous no pet restrictions from Blackthorns castle I'd be a very happy idoc camper.

:)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was doing a search for information on house decay to answer my above question and ran across this news posting on UO.com from 2012:
We have re-activated Housing Decay on Tuesday. If your account has been inactive for more than 90 days, you have 2 days left before your house is gone. After your have reactivated your account, it can take up to 24 hours for your house to be refreshed and display the correct status.
It seems no one has ever seen this since there have been post after post not understanding how long a house takes to decay. It spells it out clear as day that houses decay in two days now.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making attending Idocs a mini game is an awesome idea! Kudos to whoever had that one. Part of me wishes it was not limited to grubers, and I am inspired by the technical changes to the loot that allows the system to see it as something more than what it is. :) (and limiting access)

I can think of all sorts of non player characters that would be interested in the loot from a decaying house or a "ruins". Gypsies, brigands, dragons, oh yes, dragons.

Thanks Devs for taking an old system and making it fresh. :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was doing a search for information on house decay to answer my above question and ran across this news posting on UO.com from 2012:

It seems no one has ever seen this since there have been post after post not understanding how long a house takes to decay. It spells it out clear as day that houses decay in two days now.
I may be mistaken, but I think, much like recently, there was a general upheaval that caused them to make changes, that uh, maybe never got documented.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been just a little over 12 hours now since I placed the new house on Test Center and condemned a house I already had there and I have just now had a chance to log in and check on the original house. The status on the house sign reads "somewhat worn" now. I do not know when the status changed from "slightly worn" to "somewhat worn."

test center somewhat worn house sign.jpg

Once again, I understand trying to test this on TC and making these posts is probably nothing but a pointless waste of time. However, I think it's important to make the attempt to test this change if at all possible before it goes live because the publish notes are vague on the meaning of "when a house goes into the condemned stage."

I don't care about IDOCs or attempting to profit from them in some way. But I really do care about whether or not it is going to become a huge hassle to relocate your home in UO. If the way things have worked on TC so far is how they will work when this goes live, I cannot find anything yet to complain about as the security settings on the house have remained unchanged so far. If it takes 5 days and some hours for them to be affected, that seems fair to me.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again these changes from what i read are not on tc yet.. and won't be.. they are additions re read the first couple sentences..

also its 5 10 or 15 hours not random once new change goes in..

also houses start decaying (condemned) after 90 days... that's the point where the access list will wipe..

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Looks up from his chair by the fire as the days news starts to circulate the Tavern*

Well Done!

*Waves the Tavern Keeper over and flips him a gold coin*

"Saddle up my old friend Hymdel and get my packies ready please. I am feeling its time for a walk. Feed them up well and put some extra provisions on the Pack Horse. I might be gone for awhile"

*Turns back to the fire and thinks about the hills and forests west of Britain*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again these changes from what i read are not on tc yet.. and won't be.. they are additions re read the first couple sentences..

also its 5 10 or 15 hours not random once new change goes in..

also houses start decaying (condemned) after 90 days... that's the point where the access list will wipe..
If that is what is going on, i.e., a house isn't "condemned" until the account is unpaid for 90 days, then the publish notes need to state that!!

When you place a new house with an account, your first house immediately gives the message, "This house is condemned." To me, that means your house is condemned because that is what the message actually says. How hard is that for someone to understand???

It's hard to know what to think when the publish notes are so terribly vague and misleading. It would take someone from the dev team literally 5 minutes to write a response to clarify this issue so people will know what is going to happen if they decide to move their house in UO. The fact that no one ON THE DEV TEAM can be bothered to do so is not making me feel like wasting a whole lot more of my time or money on this game. I appreciate that all of you people who appear to just be regular players like me are trying to answer this question, but honestly your responses have no credibility with me on this particular issue because I have absolutely no way of knowing or confirming that you are not just guessing about this or whether you have some 100% certain, foolproof, tested to the max insider knowledge that you are basing your statements on.

I would really like to see Mesanna or Bleak or Kyronix or Misk clarify exactly WHEN does a house become "condemned" and the security settings are wiped for these two situations: (1) You place a new house on an actively paid subscription and your first house starts to decay; and (2) Your account has been unpaid for 90 days and it starts to decay.

If no one on the dev team who I am sure are probably reading this thread has the gumption to get in here and clarify this point, they have no one but themselves to blame for people losing even more confidence in their ability to manage/develop/shepherd this game any further. And yes, I fully expect that one of them can answer this ON THE WEEKEND because it was THEIR CHOICE to put this announcement out late on Friday. No boohoos from me if they have to work on a Saturday, Sunday, or a Monday instead of their usual Tuesday-Friday schedule.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that is what is going on, i.e., a house isn't "condemned" until the account is unpaid for 90 days, then the publish notes need to state that!!

When you place a new house with an account, your first house immediately gives the message, "This house is condemned." To me, that means your house is condemned because that is what the message actually says. How hard is that for someone to understand???

It's hard to know what to think when the publish notes are so terribly vague and misleading. It would take someone from the dev team literally 5 minutes to write a response to clarify this issue so people will know what is going to happen if they decide to move their house in UO. The fact that no one ON THE DEV TEAM can be bothered to do so is not making me feel like wasting a whole lot more of my time or money on this game. I appreciate that all of you people who appear to just be regular players like me are trying to answer this question, but honestly your responses have no credibility with me on this particular issue because I have absolutely no way of knowing or confirming that you are not just guessing about this or whether you have some 100% certain, foolproof, tested to the max insider knowledge that you are basing your statements on.

I would really like to see Mesanna or Bleak or Kyronix or Misk clarify exactly WHEN does a house become "condemned" and the security settings are wiped for these two situations: (1) You place a new house on an actively paid subscription and your first house starts to decay; and (2) Your account has been unpaid for 90 days and it starts to decay.

If no one on the dev team who I am sure are probably reading this thread has the gumption to get in here and clarify this point, they have no one but themselves to blame for people losing even more confidence in their ability to manage/develop/shepherd this game any further. And yes, I fully expect that one of them can answer this ON THE WEEKEND because it was THEIR CHOICE to put this on TC late on Friday. No boohoos from me if they have to work on a Saturday, Sunday, or a Monday instead of their usual Tuesday-Friday schedule.
I don't have a definitive answer on this, as I've been out of town for the past couple of days dealing with a family matter. The change is not on TC, and has not been deployed to production. There is still time to answer any questions you have.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am going to assume if you place a new home or if the account goes inactive for 90 days the house will be condemned and only the owner can enter/refresh it. Sounds like a fair switch off for all the positive changes made to IDOCS.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the purpose of clearing the friends/co-owner lists?? That is the only part of the change that concerns me. Someone could have access to the house for many reasons including storing some of their own things there. Wiping the list as soon as the house is condemned doesn't give them an opportunity to either retrieve their stuff nor to try and save the owners stuff. I know that if one of my houses were going to fall, I would rather my things go to friends before strangers, scripters or grubbers!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a definitive answer on this, as I've been out of town for the past couple of days dealing with a family matter. The change is not on TC, and has not been deployed to production. There is still time to answer any questions you have.
Thank you, Kyronix, for taking the time to reply. I look forward to someone from the dev team providing clarification on this issue before the publish actually goes live to production.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Maybe just wipe the friend's list but keep the co-owner's access until the thing falls. But over all I am very happy about the changes

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like a global warning..House In a danger of Collapsing between 1:00pm est-2:30pm at "coordinates" "facet" no need to waste time scouting or worry so much about scripting. There is no Afk scouts marking runes because there is no warning on the signs. The excuse shouldn't be well how can my friends look to see if if its in stages..well pay your account up to date and there won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the access list being cleared is a good idea...that means that NOONE has any advantage.
Yeah, me too. Even if the owner trusted people with access, they dont get any advantage. That would be bad. Next we should implement this idea into Living Wills, so that anyone can benefit from the untimely passing of a loved one and not necessarily their Kin.

Though on a more real note, as previously mentioned/thought of, this does kinda sound remarkably like a early april fools joke. Coding that makes it so Trial accounts cant pick up something off the ground? Seems a bit of a reach. I mean I still think its amazing that they can make it so this old game can allow one person and one person only to sit in a specific chair but eh this sounds a bit much. And the grubber thing while funny kinda gives it away I think.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
everyone wants to know why access list is cleared............ well kiddos its because they are trying to make it so that no one can get in, stand on top of an item and run a script on it........use ur brains. i would also suggest dont store items ur not willing to part with at other peoples homes ....it needs to be fair either private to everyone or private to no one

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Game
2015 Feb 13 21:15 GMT
Greetings everyone,

• When a house goes into the condemned stage the house will go private and all access will be removed.
UO Team

Continue reading...
no
The Moment the house enter Stage (SLIGHT NEW) All Friends and Co owners will be drop from the list
ONLY OWNER If he comes back will have access to the house!!
Dev Team please answer: Will the co-owner, friends, & access list be wiped out completely? Or will some other mechanism be used to prevent non-owners from entering the house? If my house goes into decay because the account is inactive and i reactivate the account will I need to re-add friends and co-owners or will the list automatically refresh itself?

To all others: Please refrain from the banter about continously paying for accounts or checking emails. My accounts are linked to an unmonitored email account. My credit card number has changed 4 times in the past year. And I've also fallen prey to the failed payment system. Last of all, UO is a hobby, not my full time job to keep up with whether or not the billing system has hiccuped. If it weren't for people like me, you wouldn't have as many idoc's to find. ;)