• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

no doom arties since midnight on chessy

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I looked elsewhere for an answer to this. We know that the drops were extended out to 12/6. Will the NPC that accepts the turn in items and gives the rewards be sticking around past then, or do I need to claim all rewards before 12/6?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I looked elsewhere for an answer to this. We know that the drops were extended out to 12/6. Will the NPC that accepts the turn in items and gives the rewards be sticking around past then, or do I need to claim all rewards before 12/6?
The NPC will not be removed. The plan is to move the event to a different dungeon each Halloween season, no guarantees on the availability of reward items from year to year :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, will the doom arties be the same each year? Meaning, can I save some of my doom arties from this year to use for next year's rewards?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no guarantees on the availability of reward items from year to year :)
New useless ring coming...
+20 spirit speak, +20 from list (animal lore/music/cooking), 5 stamina increase, 3 stamina regen, 1 FCR.
j/k

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, will the doom arties be the same each year? Meaning, can I save some of my doom arties from this year to use for next year's rewards?
The minor artifacts will be different, as an example if next year's dungeon is Hythloth, then the artifacts would be "Artifact of Hythloth."

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The minor artifacts will be different, as an example if next year's dungeon is Hythloth, then the artifacts would be "Artifact of Hythloth."
So we don't have an option for the doom arties. Either choose rewards currently on the Doom NCP list or we waste the doom arties? :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The NPC will not be removed. The plan is to move the event to a different dungeon each Halloween season, no guarantees on the availability of reward items from year to year :)
Der... So that means a new backstory for every event? I hope the current story with the discovery in Doom goes somewhere before then...

Honestly, I think you're better off keeping this event in Doom and just cycling the rewards. The majority of the other dungeons just aren't that interesting, even the revamped ones. Trying to crowd people into them will not work out as well as Doom did.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
who are we kidding?

all you need say is free lunch and im running!
or in this case new free shiny stuff!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Der... So that means a new backstory for every event? I hope the current story with the discovery in Doom goes somewhere before then...

Honestly, I think you're better off keeping this event in Doom and just cycling the rewards. The majority of the other dungeons just aren't that interesting, even the revamped ones. Trying to crowd people into them will not work out as well as Doom did.
Fully agreed. Doom works. Like Treasures of Tokuno, it has a variety of spawn for different players. Why recreate the wheel?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It doesn't mean a new back story for every event. What it does is allow us new settings as events emerge, based on where the discovery in Doom takes us and intertwining those into a more cohesive story. Wherever we do land will be evaluated for playability when it's time to cross that bridge.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a year out guys so we will lucky if it is still a thought and there would be nothing wrong with this moving into another under used area(which doom certainly had become).

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok Debbie Downer.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, what will happen to spare doom points (doom minors that have been turned already) that one has when the new dungeon event goes live?
Will they be converted for the new event or will they be useless for the rest of UO lifetime?