• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loot last patch

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens to the loot the last patch why there only a few items on the corpses of the boss monsters what happens?

Please make it normal than before again!

schrott.jpg

Also what is that this no artifact this absolute crap like the old loot, last patch i thougth fighting make sense again but now?

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was nerfed. the market was getting too flooded in even the first few days.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
makes sense, spend so much time on a loot revamp and then just destroy it by reducing the loot

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's not an easy thing to balance Lucitus.

As someone who did some serious farming between Publish 86 and 87 I can tell you I think it was justified and the right call. Players were posting Legendary Artifacts on Trader's Hall and selling them for 1M, and the ones they didn't get offers on they unraveled. Sorry but that's #$%%ing crazy, and harmful to the game.

Great items should still be a rarity and it was pretty over the top the volume of items coming into the game with the release of Publish 86.

We can't expect a crazy item every time we kill a boss because the game will get flooded (and did). However, there needs to be some chance at a great item will drop.

I did 5 Dreadhorn and got nothing but junk, and won't be going back anytime soon. However, if someone shows a nice piece which they got off of Dreadhorn then more than likely I'll go back.

My experience with Dreadhorn was that he drops absolutely nothing of value. I didn't find anything on his corpse that even led me to believe it was possible he would drop anything good. This scenerio was not a good experience and not good for the game.

We can't expect a great item to drop every time but there should be a chance that it will. There needs to be a 5-10% chance that the BOSSES will drop a crazy Legendary or Major Artifact, however, even then over time we run the risk of High End items flooding the game.

I don't envy the Devs in trying to appease the players and keep the game healthy at the same time.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, if the loot actually did get effected. Its because they are trying to fix reforging and its probably effecting the global loot since, global loot is what caused the reforging to screw up...

Thats my guess.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
makes sense, spend so much time on a loot revamp and then just destroy it by reducing the loot
I'm not surprised. I know at least one person who didn't want to post pictures of great loot lest things get nerfed, though enough did. It doesn't matter which generation of Dev team: any reduction is always a heavy-handed. The PvP revamp of early 1999 turned archers from the most effective offense to the weakest. When MIBs were first introduced in 1999, fishermen were getting "too many" for some people's liking, and the Devs then responded by nerfing MIBs to far too rare (a big win for the unattended macroers).

This latest loot change came 10 years and a month after Publish 26, which upgraded loot to very very good. The first night, and I made sure to jot this down, regular demons gave me a 1/3 ring with 14% LRC (nothing nowadays but not commonplace a decade ago), several weapons with over 40% hit spells, and armor with 70 and more total resists before enhancing. A friend was killing regular liches, looting a 100 luck gorget and a couple of 40%+ hit spell weapons. It wasn't going to last, and the Devs very silently nerfed things to about two-thirds of the way back.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I looted tons of stuff and did not sell. Hehe

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was nerfed. the market was getting too flooded in even the first few days.
Yes but balance it! this is crap now i have to leave again because i cant get something out of my hunts!
It's not an easy thing to balance Lucitus.

I think, instead, that is would be a very easy thing to balance things IF they did it right rather then wrong.....

And how would it be, IMHO, doing it right rather then wrong ?

START THE DAMN DROPS IN A CONSERVATIVE WAY RATHER THEN GENEROUS !!!!

When the Devs set the drop tap full open (generous at start), the "early bird" players enjoying the new spawn/drops get the fat drops so, when later on the Devs close the drop tap limiting the drops (conservative), NOT ONLY those players who did not join the spawns early on (early birds...) get upset because they are NOT getting the nice drops as their fellow players did, but also the early birds who got used to the nice drops get upset because now the spawn drops got nerfed not to mention, that they unbalanced the game because they provided the "early birds" players with great items of which they now hold a stock thus gaining a great advantage over other players.... It is a loose-loose scenario for the game from a Developing point of view, IMHO.

I said it a whole lot of times, spawns MUST start always in a conservative way, if the Dev is unsure, set it tighter and tighter some more then one thinks it should be, just to make sure not to make a mistake...... THERE IS ALWAYS TIME, LATER ON, TO ADJUST IT SLOWLY MAKING IT MORE GENEROUS with following adjustments and later patches ......

Unsure how tight to set it at start ? Start it at almost impossible drop/worst quality possible (i.e. close to junk) and then, as feedback kicks in, SLOWLY, start adjusting the drops chances and the items quality upwards, this way, it is impossible to mistake and SLOWLY, the final balancing right point can be reached without unbalancing the game or upsetting players.

I will never get it why instead Developers keep adding new content mostly often in a generous way to then nerf it making so players upset....

It is a mistery to me why they do not always do the OTHER WAY AROUND and always start with conservative drops and then adjust them over time until they are happy with them (yes, I had to repeat it because it is freaking not understandable to me why new content is not always added conservatorily rather then generously....).

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like less items on the corpse but lowering the value of the items are very bad IMO. I was unable to get just a single relic from bags of lesser magic, I use to be able to get 2-4.
That mean, my hope, that players again would use overland, the solen holes, orc camp, the desert and other places good for young players and crafter with some combat skills will get screwed.
On normal shards, that may not be a problem but on Siege it is as that is one of the thing that could bring players back.
When I remember, what made the game run in the past, it was the interact around the player towns. Blue would be busy with lumbering, mining, killing the spawn and not so powerful reds would roam the land to find someone to kill, many times in a RP way or at least in a way, where their victim had a chance to fight back or flee.

Forcing players to go to the dungeons to get stuff for crafting is very bad at least on Siege. Let Siege have the fel luck bonus, at least on the Felucca facet and the 2 x resource spawn.

This last nerf is very bad for Siege, where it's get lost easy, on other shards, it make sense as it take long time to lose stuff, so it should take longer to get it too.

Please let Siege have some love, the loot as we first got it when the public first time hit the shard was not to powerful on Siege. Then they first made less items spawn and now they lowered the value of the items.

Last edited:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand the arguments against it but the loot how it is now is usless like before. 1 or maybe 2 or 3 artifacts are okay per loot or maybe only 1 every two hunts. But with that values on it iam no longery investing time in this game. Also what brings the good stuff only more freedom and nice combinations the caps are still there and what is wrong if any player can get it? I hope they can fix it soon it was nice to see this new loot in game it was much fun but this destroy all my plans playing the game, now my old stuff is good enough imbuing is now much better.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand the arguments against it but the loot how it is now is usless like before. 1 or maybe 2 or 3 artifacts are okay per loot or maybe only 1 every two hunts. But with that values on it iam no longery investing time in this game. Also what brings the good stuff only more freedom and nice combinations the caps are still there and what is wrong if any player can get it? I hope they can fix it soon it was nice to see this new loot in game it was much fun but this destroy all my plans playing the game, now my old stuff is good enough imbuing is now much better.
http://community.stratics.com/threads/legendary-brittle-armor-auction-located-on-atl.324605/

http://community.stratics.com/threads/wow-now-here-is-a-sick-swords-tamer-chiv-ring.324302/

http://community.stratics.com/threads/very-nice-mage-pvp-ring.324418/

http://community.stratics.com/threads/one-ring-to-rule-them-all.324567/

http://community.stratics.com/threads/ssi-jewels-atlantic.324571/

http://community.stratics.com/threa...lry-and-decent-mage-ring.324414/#post-2455162

looks pretty good to me. billions in sales with everyone getting stuff now, not just the hardcore farmers.

last week legendaries were getting unraveled, this week people are actually bidding on things for relatively affordable prices, and once in a while someone pulls a gem.

A "legendary" by name is an item of legend, not something to be seen everday or even every week.

The loot is at a pretty decent balance now. i get keepable stuff every EM event and actually keep things once in a while off random corpses when just messing around.

that was the whole point, not to give "free best loot" to everyone, just make it worth checking. If everyone had reached the caps in the first few months, there would be no point to looting again and revamp would have been a big waste.

Personally, im more likely to hunt if things arent that available, rather than if its so flooded that i could just buy the item for nothing rather than having to hunt something down, in the actual loot or from someone elses stash.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The problem I have is the link with luck. Right now it seems you are capped unless your luck exceeds a certain threshold. I would recommend an adjustment so it is possible to get a legendary item off any foe, but the rarity should be high. I've been killing hundreds of Guardians in Doom with 800 luck and have never seen any artifacts over lesser. It is capped. There should be a chance, albeit small, to exceed lesser artifact.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it's a shame, IMO I really don't care if everyone can get an amazing item as long as everyone can/could if they wanted to. Prior to the whole revamp it was only the guy willing to bot 23/7 which is unreal. Will everyone have uber suits right away? I don't think so, and I don't think this will be the case even in a year from now. There will be some amazing items but it's still hard to wrap it all up into one solid collection.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The problem I have is the link with luck. Right now it seems you are capped unless your luck exceeds a certain threshold. I would recommend an adjustment so it is possible to get a legendary item off any foe, but the rarity should be high. I've been killing hundreds of Guardians in Doom with 800 luck and have never seen any artifacts over lesser. It is capped. There should be a chance, albeit small, to exceed lesser artifact.
I was killing liches at yew today and I got 2 lesser and one greater artifacts, my first greater artifacts on overland after using 10k+ arrows hunting overland sinse the public.
I did have 1800 luck, when I got it but if I can get it from a lich at Yew, it should be easier on high level mobs.

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Everyone has their own definition of 'good' loot. Yet when reports get sent in that people are loot scripting low pop shards in the guardian room, some measure of nerf is bound to happen. That is just what needed to happen, the guardian monsters nerf'd, & not the entire loot infrastructure. Here is some low magic quality loot data from my journey across the lands since the initial global loot prodo patch.

LOOT: (clean non negative properties)

[2410 luck] 500+ kills per, 2 week+ time span

(Hellound) Trammel, Fire Dungeon lvl 2:
ring - 15 sdi, 2 mod
ring - 5ssi, 2 mod

(Ant Lion) Felucca, Ant Hole
weapon - 20 splinter, 3 mod
ring - 15 sdi, 2 mod
ring - 5ssi, 2 mod

(Lich) Trammel, Fire Dungeon lvl 2:
weapon - 20 splinter, 5 mod
ring - 5 ssi, 2 mod

(Imp) Trammel, Hythloth lvl 1:
weapon - 10 splinter, 5 mod
ring - 5 ssi, 1 mod

(Lich Lord) Trammel, Fire Dungeon lvl 2
bracelet - 18 sdi, 2 mod

(White Wyrm) Felucca, Ice Dungeon:
ring - 5 ssi, 2 mod
weapon - 20 splinter, 2 mod

(Balron Paragon) Ilshenar, Blood Dungeon:
bracelet - 4 fcr, 3 mod
ring - 15 sdi, 2 mod

(Balron) Ilshenar, Blood Dungeon:
weapon - 20 splinter 3 mod
weapon - 15 splinter, 5 mod
weapon - 10 splinter, 5 mod
ring - 5 ssi, 2 mod
bracelet - 5 ssi, 2mod
bracelet - 15 sdi, 2 mod

(Greater Dragon) Felucca, Destard
weapon - 20 splinter 2 mod
weapon - 20 splinter 3 mod
ring - 5 ssi, 2 mod

(Greater Dragon) Trammel, Destard
weapon - 20 splinter, 2 mod
ring - 5 ssi, 2 mod
bracelet - 15 sdi, 2 mod

Almost every single one of these would produce magic residue, or essence, yet to me are priceless with utility & wouldn't dream of unraveling. This data is just an account of the item property types I hunt for, & have found 2 or more of the same item structure from of the above monster type & location. I have found several lesser artifact clean item types, but far & few of what used to produce for me at covetous level 3 entrance room (now a waste of time). It seems now that only the high end monsters are dropping decent amounts of relic frag equivalent loot, yet at the same time relic frag producing loot does not justify whether or not an item has usefulness. If you are seeking bulk bags of items to unravel for relic frags, I would suggest balrons, ancient wyrms, & greater dragons for lesser - major artifact brittle, 50 stone, or 125str negative properties. On private note, It seems that I have yet to find any clean imbueable 10ssi 2 mod jewelry :(.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How can you say it's capped when I got a legendary artificat off a rotting corpse with 95 luck?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are the only example I've seen.
True, but it would seem to prove there's no cap, just a very small chance
EDIT: Also, I think somebody posted earlier that the chances for legendary artifacts might not be equal in all dungeons - the chances could be pretty low in Doom now because of the doom drops going on.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would like to agree. I don't understand why I would never get anything over a lesser artifact on hundreds of Guardians. All I need to see is one greater, but it is still eluding me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, you must have gotten a bunch of Doom drops killing all the dark guardians. I'm not quite at 50 yet, aiming at the DX boots. Have you cashed in the drops for anything yet? Anything else look appealing?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just posted some leather shorts I got on Atlantic about 2 weeks ago, that I want to sell. On LS, I have stuff like this: battle axe.jpg

Along with these medable bone gloves: Brittle, Casting Focus 1%, Int Bonus 5. Mana Increase 10, MR 3, LMC 4, LRC 25, 21/20/22/20/24 (enhanced, I forget what their resists were before), and this Order shield: Brittle, Soul Charge 30%, Spell Channeling, Int Bonus 5, Mana Increase 5, MR 4, LMC, enhanced to give me 6/-/4/4/4 Resists. Both of those are Legendary Artifacts.

edit: That's just a small sample, of what I'd consider my best stuff. I have much more, from Lesser Magic Items all the way up to Legendary Artifacts. I could very easily make a few suits with all of it.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
BTW, you must have gotten a bunch of Doom drops killing all the dark guardians. I'm not quite at 50 yet, aiming at the DX boots. Have you cashed in the drops for anything yet? Anything else look appealing?
I've got 120 drops so far. I grabbed one pair of boots. I've got 6 dexxers on two shards so I've got 180 to go before I hit my quota. Some of the other items look interesting, but right now I've got alternatives with existing items.

So yeah, lots of dead guardians with 800 luck and 0 greater or above artifacts.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So back to square one? Go script or go home?

Apparently, and unfortunately, that's pretty much what it looks like to me.....

Problem is, that scripting is illegal, and there is still players out there who insist on playing by the rules (that is, not scripting....).

I wonder how many of these players will call it a game over as far as they are concerned given the current unfortunate situation.......

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Getting harder and harder to keep playing this game. It's clear that they have basically zero resources and can't afford to do anything but give us crap to grind. With random pixel garbage from the game's files as rewards. Oh boy, you mean I can run 389348902 monotonous trade deals for a shot at an NPC guild sign? Wow I'm so excited.

Advisor Bacchus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Huh?
For the past few years loot has been one way and nobody spent much time complaining about it and tons of people farmed it.
All of a sudden a new patch blows it up for a few days and now you are saying it will destroy your plans for playing if it doesn't stay that way?
Why did you play the past few years then with the old loot system?
Makes no sense at all and basically sounds like a rant :(

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of a sudden a new patch blows it up for a few days and now you are saying it will destroy your plans for playing if it doesn't stay that way?

Because, the way it has been handled, has created an inbalance among players with some who joined the spawns when the loot quality was overgenerous and thus have ben able to stock up lots of high quality items (and now need not to spend countless hours grinding, mindlessly...) and all of the rest of players who instead WILL have to mindlessly have to grind over and over and over again just to "catch up".

For those who script unattended it may not be a problem, but for all other players who play by the rules it DOES IS a huge problem.....

No thanks.

Once the gates have been opened up, it is NOT possible to close them up again, IMHO.......

They have allowed a few players to stock up lots of high quality items fast and easy ? Well, now they cannot close the Gates, TOO LATE. In order to avoid inbalances and have players have to grind over and over while other players will be able to have fun playing without the need to grind (since they already have a large stock of all they will need for months to come....), they need to bring back items quality to what it was at Publish start so that ALL players can benefit from it, not just the few early birds.

Or change the Policy and allow player to script the grinding. Even better, make scripting the grinding be possible through the new UIs, at least with the Enhanced Client.

Otherwise, do not get surprised if players will call it game over not wanting to go through countless hours of mindless grinding only to try get on par with those other players who had it easy and fast.........

That's at least my point of view.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Popps said, "all of the rest of players who instead WILL have to mindlessly have to grind over and over and over again just to 'catch up' ".
Catch up? If catching up is your goal in this game, I don't see how you will ever have fun. Once the pack is out in front that far, you're not going to catch up. The gates opened early, they jumped through the gates, the gates closed. Solution: don't try to catch up, set other goals

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a Major Magic Item off of a solen today while training archery on an alt who was only at 28.4 skill and 100 luck. go figure. RGN is a fickle.. feminine doggy.

Advisor Bacchus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Because, the way it has been handled, has created an inbalance among players with some who joined the spawns when the loot quality was overgenerous and thus have ben able to stock up lots of high quality items (and now need not to spend countless hours grinding, mindlessly...) and all of the rest of players who instead WILL have to mindlessly have to grind over and over and over again just to "catch up".

For those who script unattended it may not be a problem, but for all other players who play by the rules it DOES IS a huge problem.....

No thanks.

Once the gates have been opened up, it is NOT possible to close them up again, IMHO.......

They have allowed a few players to stock up lots of high quality items fast and easy ? Well, now they cannot close the Gates, TOO LATE. In order to avoid inbalances and have players have to grind over and over while other players will be able to have fun playing without the need to grind (since they already have a large stock of all they will need for months to come....), they need to bring back items quality to what it was at Publish start so that ALL players can benefit from it, not just the few early birds.

Or change the Policy and allow player to script the grinding. Even better, make scripting the grinding be possible through the new UIs, at least with the Enhanced Client.

Otherwise, do not get surprised if players will call it game over not wanting to go through countless hours of mindless grinding only to try get on par with those other players who had it easy and fast.........

That's at least my point of view.
Huh?
Referencing time tables and catching up makes no sense in this case. Nobody will have a superior play style just because they played during a certain time period when loot was boosted.
I find it impossible to believe that anyone can be so obsessed with what other people have that they fear being left behind in a sandbox because they may not have logged in one specific week.
I cannot believe that anyone that has been pvping during this time period can say that they are now at an extreme disadvantage because of the loot boost. Nobody has to catch up to anyone.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you dont really mean that this loot posted is good or?? Look at imbued rings they have the right ability on the right slot! They are not bad but far away from perfect! Also now you can better hunt small mobs today to get blanks for imbuing. But i dont want the time back where i have to find blanks, i want find better items than i have now.

It is normal that you have an increase of item strength over time in a long running mmorpg. Also trust me you will get no increase of the amount of active players if you destroy their hunting experience, if the useability of hunting is not given the game is very booring.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idk maybe I killed the wrong stuff during those weeks because I didn't get half of the stuff people are posting and still am not..I'd like to be refunded for a full month gameplay because I didn't get good armor!!! K thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got some good stuff during the initial period after pub 86, but none of it was perfect. More than anything, it got me adventuring more than I had I years. I'd like the opportunity to get legendaries and major artifacts again. I thought they had it perfect. The only thing I would have done is decrease the number of items that drop on the bosses. They should have left the intensity.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pay real close attention to post #2.
I don't know, but maybe it's because antique and prized are still considered crap by most people? Put them on a vendor for 100k each and people will buy em. Ask for millions for an antique and nobody will care. Simple.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prized doesn't have a negative for me as it just cost's more for the insurance. Antique annoys me more because you can't enhance the item, I would use some of the itmes I find if the survived a attempt but...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you dont really mean that this loot posted is good or?? Look at imbued rings they have the right ability on the right slot! They are not bad but far away from perfect! Also now you can better hunt small mobs today to get blanks for imbuing. But i dont want the time back where i have to find blanks, i want find better items than i have now.

It is normal that you have an increase of item strength over time in a long running mmorpg. Also trust me you will get no increase of the amount of active players if you destroy their hunting experience, if the useability of hunting is not given the game is very booring.
if your still using simple imbued jewelry with no overcaps or non-imbuable mods your way behind the times. if the ease of imbuing is worth playing a weak / substandard character then id stick to that.

The gear is sick. it just hit and we have a few years of stuff coming out. if you cant see the potential for even 1 piece of artifact armor added to a suit (yes even if its just high weight and not perfect mods) then your just not good at piecing together gear and should probably buy pre-made suits.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, it appears most of the posters in this thread are more concerned with the sales of these items than actually playing the game. *shakes head*...la
I loot stuff when im already doing something, definitely not a farmer and im more likely to buy something than use something ive looted myself.

that being said, what would be the point of even having loot if it was so common that everyone could max out in the first couple months? might as well put max stat legendary pieces on npcs for like 100k and have no actual loot at all.

Keep in mind, production shards are much different than siege and a big part of the reason people hunt is the chance at a really good piece of gear.

Honestly this armor re-vamp was very bad for siege and i understand that. Under the old loot generating system much much more high wieght pieces were produced (like 35 dura brittle, cursed, cannot be repaired)

In a perfect UO it would have been nice if the old loot system was kept for siege / mugen, but just spread everywhere. while insurance shards got the new useable negatives balanced so stuff will be worth looting for a few years.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to agree. I don't understand why I would never get anything over a lesser artifact on hundreds of Guardians. All I need to see is one greater, but it is still eluding me.
I've gotten like 3-4 greaters off liches. I don't really hunt more than an hour or two a day either. 800 luck.

It's definitely not capped at lessers.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your still using simple imbued jewelry with no overcaps or non-imbuable mods your way behind the times. if the ease of imbuing is worth playing a weak / substandard character then id stick to that.

The gear is sick. it just hit and we have a few years of stuff coming out. if you cant see the potential for even 1 piece of artifact armor added to a suit (yes even if its just high weight and not perfect mods) then your just not good at piecing together gear and should probably buy pre-made suits.
I've yet to see anything I would replace my imbued stuff on my warrior with, honestly. Mage stuff, yeah. Warrior stuff? Nope. Since I only have one character that I play, and it's a warrior... not so jazzed. The only thing I am looking for is a crazy shield. Then I really have little reason to hunt for myself, which is a bummer.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've yet to see anything I would replace my imbued stuff on my warrior with, honestly. Mage stuff, yeah. Warrior stuff? Nope. Since I only have one character that I play, and it's a warrior... not so jazzed. The only thing I am looking for is a crazy shield. Then I really have little reason to hunt for myself, which is a bummer.
20 ssi on jewels is a pretty amazing upgrade. and now easily obtainable for most players. that with town bonus, and even 10ssi on a shield will alow for use of slower weapons / higher damage, or take all ssi off weapons. My weapon of choice is still bladed staff with 100mana leech, 50stam, 75life, slayer, 50 hit lower attack. you can do pretty amazing things, especially not having to rely on a sampire build.

of course no one has to upgrade, but since we have the gear its only safe to assume that the next global arch or content expasion should be adjusted in difficulty to account for available upgrades. Even now i cant imagine doing some of the content without 60 dci suits, 20ssi on jewels. Im talking solo of course, for group play theres alot more leniency.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Power hour for loot. To combat scripters. Yes there is the anniversary sculpture, but for new players that is not significant.

Also, not sure how much luck plays a factor, but maybe lower it's effect and increase the baseline. Hunting for great gear, only to not use it because it doesn't have luck... kind of defeats the point.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And why the changes made over the years have made UO less than it was...UO was never meant to be a solo game...la
agreed. cant go back tho :(

Even with the stuff weve had the last few years, all mobs should be about 30% harder if more than a solo effort was really the goal. I hope that the devs have the foresight to make any new content a bit harder. it would be refreshing to see a boss worth doing that the goal wasnt to be able to solo / 2 client it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 ssi on jewels is a pretty amazing upgrade. and now easily obtainable for most players. that with town bonus, and even 10ssi on a shield will alow for use of slower weapons / higher damage, or take all ssi off weapons. My weapon of choice is still bladed staff with 100mana leech, 50stam, 75life, slayer, 50 hit lower attack. you can do pretty amazing things, especially not having to rely on a sampire build.

of course no one has to upgrade, but since we have the gear its only safe to assume that the next global arch or content expasion should be adjusted in difficulty to account for available upgrades. Even now i cant imagine doing some of the content without 60 dci suits, 20ssi on jewels. Im talking solo of course, for group play theres alot more leniency.
A piece of jewelry with JUST 10ssi is basically unheard of, and finding one with 10ssi that fits a warrior template is uberrrrrr rare.

The mage friendly nature of mods is exactly why I switched to using a shield, as shields are the ONLY piece of equipment that has a decent chance of rolling majority pro warrior mods (stats, DI, SSI, HCI/DCI mix in one package). Weapons are pretty much 100% useless, armor and jewels never don't have multiple mage mods.

Being on siege counting on absurdly rare pro warrior jewels is pointless, and since I can only bless one thing, a shield is the only logical answer. But I already have a pretty dang good shield, and I think my odds of getting better are slim, so I really pvm for nothing but unravel fodder/sales.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Power hour for loot. To combat scripters. Yes there is the anniversary sculpture, but for new players that is not significant.
Power hour is not the way to go, the Sculpture works fine, players can choose what time of the day and I'm sure new players can find a public one to use, at least on Siege that's easy.
A little fix so it reset after server down, so you don't have to wait for the time you used it yesterday, would help.