• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loot last patch

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A piece of jewelry with JUST 10ssi is basically unheard of, and finding one with 10ssi that fits a warrior template is uberrrrrr rare.

The mage friendly nature of mods is exactly why I switched to using a shield, as shields are the ONLY piece of equipment that has a decent chance of rolling majority pro warrior mods (stats, DI, SSI, HCI/DCI mix in one package). Weapons are pretty much 100% useless, armor and jewels never don't have multiple mage mods.

Being on siege counting on absurdly rare pro warrior jewels is pointless, and since I can only bless one thing, a shield is the only logical answer. But I already have a pretty dang good shield, and I think my odds of getting better are slim, so I really pvm for nothing but unravel fodder/sales.
right, i forgot you played siege.

it was just an example, but you dont even need a clean 10ssi for pvm. with stuff like clockwork leggings a really bad 10ssi can be used and actually make an overall pretty amazing suit. again, thats assuming it doesnt have to be replaced. siege is a totally different situation.

that being said, last week one atlantic vendor had about 7 totally clean 10ssi jewels on it. many others for sale in chat / trade forums. market was flooded and no one was even buying them.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Power hour is not the way to go, the Sculpture works fine, players can choose what time of the day and I'm sure new players can find a public one to use, at least on Siege that's easy.
A little fix so it reset after server down, so you don't have to wait for the time you used it yesterday, would help.
Been playing on and off since '97 and never knew you could use other's sculpture ;x

Edit: do you mean that you get their 10 year benefit?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got some good stuff during the initial period after pub 86, but none of it was perfect. More than anything, it got me adventuring more than I had I years. I'd like the opportunity to get legendaries and major artifacts again. I thought they had it perfect. The only thing I would have done is decrease the number of items that drop on the bosses. They should have left the intensity.
I also liked it was nice and fresh like never before and i had a lot of fun doing so much great hunts on bosses i havent killed for a long time because it was waste of time.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right, i forgot you played siege.

it was just an example, but you dont even need a clean 10ssi for pvm. with stuff like clockwork leggings a really bad 10ssi can be used and actually make an overall pretty amazing suit. again, thats assuming it doesnt have to be replaced. siege is a totally different situation.

that being said, last week one atlantic vendor had about 7 totally clean 10ssi jewels on it. many others for sale in chat / trade forums. market was flooded and no one was even buying them.
I mean I know you don't but what I'm saying is that for warriors this loot is not all that interesting. Even if I played an insurance shard, I have yet to see anything that wowed me for a warrior outside of a few freak pieces. It's almost all caster stuff. Also the only REAL big advantage to getting ssi off your weapons is 100% leeches. Cool, but not really a big game changer over a sampire. You might get a slower weapon, but that damage boost is negligible, and if the specials don't work (cant think of many over heavy weps with good specials) the weapon is useless anyway.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean I know you don't but what I'm saying is that for warriors this loot is not all that interesting. Even if I played an insurance shard, I have yet to see anything that wowed me for a warrior outside of a few freak pieces. It's almost all caster stuff. Also the only REAL big advantage to getting ssi off your weapons is 100% leeches. Cool, but not really a big game changer over a sampire. You might get a slower weapon, but that damage boost is negligible, and if the specials don't work (cant think of many over heavy weps with good specials) the weapon is useless anyway.
I have always thought they need to make a more warrior focused package somehow for loot drops.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And why the changes made over the years have made UO less than it was...UO was never meant to be a solo game...la
Well said.

Bump the monster difficulty up 150%.. people will learn to play together or go back to fighting each other. Its win-win either way. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dunno, the way ive been making warrior suits since the plate / studded changes i have room for two pieces with no stamina (one of those is usually mace and shield or prismatics). so alot of those pieces with like, 8lmc 8mana huge resists is even a big deal if there arent any other stats. still gives room for 180s stam, and i usally only have 170s in plate. can swing at max speed down to 150 with 20 ssi from jewels/ town bonus and bladed staff. plate give enough of stam reduction bonus that a buffer of around 20 - 30 is enough.

btw i apologize i dont mean to give you a headache, i im just enjoying whats been possible with the shame loot and excited that more poeple will have access to it now.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, that's fine man.

I have actually considered playing a caster because I think I could put some good suits together on siege, which would give me a reason to pvm, though I don't really like being a caster.

Siege is obviously a different animal... the prodo trickle down rules really don't really mesh well with siege at all a lot of the time. But its been that way for years and years. Playing a shard that isn't being developed for can be tricky sometimes. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Been playing on and off since '97 and never knew you could use other's sculpture ;x

If locked down in a public house and set to anyone, you can

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I believe it's still specific to your account age, regardless of who owns the statue.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe it's still specific to your account age, regardless of who owns the statue.
Did not know, you had to be 10 years, that do not make sense as it is a drop from dungeons, not a vet reward.
Tested with a 65 month old char, he got his luck bonus

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have yet to see anything that wowed me for a warrior outside of a few freak pieces.
This is absolutely the case. 99% of items have only Mage Desired Properties.

Outside of the one Woodland piece posted on Trader's Hall 3 weeks ago I've yet to see one woodland armor or platemail piece of any kind that has any value. Any warrior Mods are trumped by Mage Mods and make it worthless.

What's also frustrating is seeing Legendary Weapons with MR9, HPR 8, etc spawning on them. They're absolutely worthless and there is nothing "Legendary" about those weapons...

Lastly, @Bleak @Kyronix Is there a reason why some monsters aren't dropping Focus/Eater Properties? After farming Osiredon for almost 3 weeks now I've not found one Damage Eater property on his corpse yet other Bosses are dropping damage eater. Is this intended?

Is Osiredon not powerful enough to drop artifacts on par with other monsters?

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Echoing the fact that the whole new loot system is largely a waste of time for nonmages. I'm still wearing my full imbued/reforged suit from like 2013.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens to the loot the last patch why there only a few items on the corpses of the boss monsters what happens?

Please make it normal than before again!

View attachment 25155

Also what is that this no artifact this absolute crap like the old loot, last patch i thougth fighting make sense again but now?
We have not adjusted the property intensities of loot since going world wide with Publish 86.
We have however fixed a bug which was spawning more loot on corpses then was intended.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is absolutely the case. 99% of items have only Mage Desired Properties.

Outside of the one Woodland piece posted on Trader's Hall 3 weeks ago I've yet to see one woodland armor or platemail piece of any kind that has any value. Any warrior Mods are trumped by Mage Mods and make it worthless.

What's also frustrating is seeing Legendary Weapons with MR9, HPR 8, etc spawning on them. They're absolutely worthless and there is nothing "Legendary" about those weapons...

Lastly, @Bleak @Kyronix Is there a reason why some monsters aren't dropping Focus/Eater Properties? After farming Osiredon for almost 3 weeks now I've not found one Damage Eater property on his corpse yet other Bosses are dropping damage eater. Is this intended?

Is Osiredon not powerful enough to drop artifacts on par with other monsters?
Property selection is completely random. SA properties are still limited to Ter Mur, Dungeons, and select creatures. The Scalis Enforcer has one of the highest loot levels compared to all of the bosses. Random is a fickle mistress.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said.

Bump the monster difficulty up 150%.. people will learn to play together or go back to fighting each other. Its win-win either way. :)

Not possible, sorry.

Not all players play UO for PvP and there is not enough players on most shards to put up hunting groups,sometimes even in prime playing time...

Forcing players to have to group up to hunt specific Bosses would just make them not huntable most of time.....

The only option, I think, would be for NEW Bosses, not existing ones.....
When releasing new Bosses Devs could make them a target for groups only but I would anyways suggest not to require too large groups for the difficulty of finding enough players available.... Like 3 or max 4 players' group should be the limit needed for a new Boss hunt....

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Property selection is completely random. SA properties are still limited to Ter Mur, Dungeons, and select creatures. The Scalis Enforcer has one of the highest loot levels compared to all of the bosses. Random is a fickle mistress.
@Bleak
2 Questions......
1) Are places like Blighted Grove and other peerless "Dungeons" supposed to be spawning SA properties? (Splinter, Eater, Casting Focus etc)

2) If peerless areas are not spawning SA properties intentionally ...can I ask why?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never loot a usable weapon. Ever. Like someone else said, I have seen weapons with like 6+ properties, multiple of them overcapped, but only one or two of them are useful to a warrior. I don't even look at weapons anymore beyond to see if they are splintering, as I know its completely futile.
As for armor, its POSSIBLE I could get a drop that would beat my imbued piece in general utility to my character, but the odds are staunchly against it. But for casters you constantly see pieces with all mage friendly properties, and they match up well.

Only shields (because they don't spawn with all the mage mods so regularly) and the possibly very rare 1-2 property SSI +10 stamina jewelry.

The problem obviously is that warriors are much more specific in what they NEED than casters because they are the only "class" that is expected to be taking damage constantly or even regularly.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your way off on the mage armor thing. I already know that mods like casting focus and eaters don't spawn in any peerless dungeon. I would say that casting focus is an integral part of mage suits these days while Eaters is equally as important to both classes. This means that in a good portion of the dungeons in the game you CAN NOT get armor with casting focus.... thus dexxers armor is more likely there..

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your way off on the mage armor thing. I already know that mods like casting focus and eaters don't spawn in any peerless dungeon. I would say that casting focus is an integral part of mage suits these days while Eaters is equally as important to both classes. This means that in a good portion of the dungeons in the game you CAN NOT get armor with casting focus.... thus dexxers armor is more likely there..
im assuming bleak meant the virtue dungeons. maybe he can clarify.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have not adjusted the property intensities of loot since going world wide with Publish 86.
We have however fixed a bug which was spawning more loot on corpses then was intended.
It is okay i understand you adjustment but is the posted item not much too low?? Also we were with 3 ppl in party and only 10 items in dreadhorn corpse is that not mucht too low?

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did a Primeval a Lich last night and there was Zero loot on the boss except for some scrolls. Seems like a bug to me.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Presented without comment, from Exodus a couple minutes ago:

wow.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer that it's Prized, but sweet Jesus, that ring is BEAUTIFUL. If I get a Bracelet like that...yummy.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pure speculation here but it seems like what we experianced in the start of this publish was an accelerated amount of goods being created (bleak mentions that above.) That of course would accelerate the drops of good stuff. With the item spawn rate lowered now, it would only make sense that the high end drops would slow as well. They are still there just drop alot less frequent.

* It would have allowed the rng to be streaky at an excellerated rate.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a Primeval a Lich last night and there was Zero loot on the boss except for some scrolls. Seems like a bug to me.
Yes but i think there is a bug in loot generation, the amount seems also too low for me, we did a dark father today, also with luck and party of 3 only 10 items seems too low for me...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then why arnt we getting SA properties in doom which is a dungeon as far as I know ?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is a ter mur dungeons ? besides abyss I dont see any ter mur dungeon , we are gettign SA properties in all other dungeons in fel and tramm but not in doom , that was my question why not doom too?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are screen of items with SA properties that I looted from "spawning" chests either in Destard dungeon (the splintering weapon for sure) or the Yew crypts a little while ago while working on lockpicking. (Not sure which source for the gloves or shield, but it was either the crypts or Destard for them.) I know they're nothing special, but just wanted to point out those chests as another possible "dungeon" source for items with SA properties.

Attachments