• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trick or Treat new Skulls, how much harder they are to get ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been working trick or Treat for several hours now, GM begging, and have received multiple covered chairs, heads on a pike and the other Halloween rares but no new skulls....

They are not the same chance as the other Halloween rares as a drop ?

They are a harder drop ? How much harder ?

I mean, I got like 5 covered chairs, 4 heads on a pike and a number of the other rares including guilloteens, but zero new skulls.

Do they even exist ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have only gotten spider webs, 3 heads on pikes and now 3 skulls, 2 green and 1 obsidian, begging is at 70.2 and luck is 150 so I think it's totally random.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just random. Probably equal chance to get all the "something specials", but since there is a large pool of those items, the chance of getting one of those 3 is rough.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just random. Probably equal chance to get all the "something specials", but since there is a large pool of those items, the chance of getting one of those 3 is rough.
Then I have a hard time understanding why I got now 6 covered chairs and zero new skulls if the chance is "equal"......

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine rolling a dice. Are you guaranteed to roll a different number every time until you get all the numbers? No. You might roll 3 1's in a row.

There are more than 20 possibilities in the roll.. getting one of those 3 to come up is just RNG.

You're having rotten luck. It isn't a conspiracy, Popps.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also got a huge amount of webs, the inanimate objects and the a few heads on spike... and two skulls. I got those two skulls almost right off the bat and hours later no others ones.

It's just random. Keep at it and eventually you'll get them... or sell the other items you get and buy the ones you want.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine rolling a dice. Are you guaranteed to roll a different number every time until you get all the numbers? No. You might roll 3 1's in a row.

There are more than 20 possibilities in the roll.. getting one of those 3 to come up is just RNG.

You're having rotten luck. It isn't a conspiracy, Popps.
The problem, as I see it, is precisely Ultima Online's RNG and its streakiness....

I wonder when will the Developers finally focus, considering that now UO is in its 17th year, on the "streakiness" of the RNG so as to solve it once and for all.....

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
spent about an hour and a half trick or treating this morning. I was actually surprised at how quick I was able to get the new skulls, with only a few webs and a few heads on a spike in between.
I had thought perhaps, they may have shut off some of the older trick or treating items, to make it a little easier to obtain these new skulls, guess I was just lucky today !:)

Untitled.jpg

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
spent about an hour and a half trick or treating this morning. I was actually surprised at how quick I was able to get the new skulls, with only a few webs and a few heads on a spike in between.
I had thought perhaps, they may have shut off some of the older trick or treating items, to make it a little easier to obtain these new skulls, guess I was just lucky today !:)

View attachment 24962
That is yet another example how bugged is the RNG "streakiness"....

You probably got into a new skulls RNG "streak" over your hour and a half while in my 4 hours I got into a streak for covered chairs and heads on a pike.......

Regardless, I think it is about time that the streakiness of the RNG was finally addressed after 17 years.......

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the skulls are cute and I appreciate that. Why only 3 new things? I do not understand only 3. I also thought new pumpkins and one from 10/21/14 looks amazingly like the one I got on 10/20/ 14. :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those new skulls look pretty cool. Do you need GM begging to get the "rare" stuff or would a char with 0 begging skill work?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't gotten any of the chairs or guillotines but I have gotten 4 webs, 3 heads on pikes and now 4 skulls; 1 Obsidian 2 Jade and 1 Crystal and I have 70.2 Begging. Not sure if 0 Begging would work as effectively but I do know that GM Begging is not necessary.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here, Popps, I'll help ya feel better.. one hour of trick or treating yielded -one- skulls on pike (not that it seems to matter, but he's GM beggar)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
About 5 hours of trick or treating on a GM begger with a little 0ver 800 luck. 2 skulls. So I think it's just the luck of the draw. Although with the number of people doing it I don't see the skulls being uber rare for long. Just depends if the folks getting them will want to sell them lol. At least the other stuff is worth 50 clean up points :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same thing will happen to the skulls that happened to the heads on spikes last year. The 1st week, Mesanna's head on a spike was 75 million, 2nd week, 30 million, 3rd week, 5 million, right now, can't even sell them.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just going to ask... what is the deal with the personal attendants? Are they legal to trick or treat off of? There are people using them in many many moongates.

Kyronix? Are they legal? If so which one do you choose from the list? :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal to trick or treat from them, their the same as all other NPC's.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal to trick or treat from them, their the same as all other NPC's.
Yay! I feel like an absolute idiot running all over the towns trying to get the skulls. While they park and get them. So which npc do
I choose? Herald? I am also seeing them get a new npc very quickly.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heralds and Guides are usually the most popular, they get a new one fast just by re-deeding it and placing it over and over.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've been sitting in luna and trick or treating off the same 4 npc's for the past 3 hours...talk about fun! lol but there is no reason to run all over the place, I've gotten at least one of each skull, 3 heads on pikes and 3 of each color web...I'm sure these npc's are really tired of me lol but at least I don't have to run around :)

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't mind the running around, otherwise I would be taking a nap on my keyboard.....*boring*

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is yet another example how bugged is the RNG "streakiness"....

You probably got into a new skulls RNG "streak" over your hour and a half while in my 4 hours I got into a streak for covered chairs and heads on a pike.......

Regardless, I think it is about time that the streakiness of the RNG was finally addressed after 17 years.......
I trick or treated for four and a half and got one web and the rest candy at gm begging

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so sitting legally gets skulls too, yay! Capt. how are they hiding the guides ? The players sit on the moongate saying trick or treat over and over yet no guide is visible. Gets odder and odder... :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the gate ToT is so unfishy. You know not the next best answer for scripting. Sure they don't start at the gates. How about getting rid of the teleporting ability of the twins. Give the honest players a break from the annoying feature. Rather fight the twin for a 2014 ToT basket with ten random ToT drops. Toss in an ultra rare easter egg of some reward only earned from a twins basket.

I started my ToT at the elf city. Got the crystal skull off the second NPC on second ToT. Hours later nothing but a few webs. 50 turn in points each for the older drops.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really hoping they would turn off some of the older rewards to reduce the grind a little but alas it was not to be. So its back to the grind again today too add further to my collection of webs, grim warnings etc but so far no new skulls.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so do u need high begging to do trick and treating......really...my kids used to go trick treating in real life way back ...i doubt they had high begging skills at the time.....are u sure u need begging to simply trick and treat??? crazy if u do in my eyes....

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so do u need high begging to do trick and treating......really...my kids used to go trick treating in real life way back ...i doubt they had high begging skills at the time.....are u sure u need begging to simply trick and treat??? crazy if u do in my eyes....
No idea if it's needed but I'm training it up (trying to) to see if it makes a difference.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well just tried it,,,did around 175/200 trick/treats looking at candy ive got...1 head on spike and 1 crystal skull....begging is 1.0......and luck is 2900 if that makes any difference at all...maybe i was lucky no idea...didnt take long to do 175/200 trick treats for sure

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah we've had several people on the boards already say they have less then GM begging and have gotten more then just candy. I have yet to get anything but the webs, 3 heads on pikes and the new skulls so maybe the guillotine/chair and other items take GM begging, but if you already have those then trying to GM begging might not be worth it.

I unfortunately don't have those because I wasn't around last year but my begging doesn't seem to want to go up any higher then 70.2 so I guess I'm out of luck again lol.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to workup begging most of the morning. Is there only certain NPC's it works on? I made a new char with 50 begging and used a soulstone to xfer to my main char. I use the skill and click on the NPC but gains seem to be non-existent. Is there certain ones that work better than others? I've been all around ter mur gate to the refugees, heartwood etc. Any ideas?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have no idea...I never wanted to GM begging because it seems impossible to get gains. I used to get gains on the mayor in Luna and sometimes the Tailor and Blacksmith Guild Masters but not anymore. Refugee's might be too low lvl..if that even applies to NPCs lol I'm not sure but maybe try begging citizens with more *clout?* I don't have access to Scrolls of Transcendence or Scrolls of Alacrity so I have to do it the old-fashioned way and it's just not workin for me.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those new skulls look pretty cool. Do you need GM begging to get the "rare" stuff or would a char with 0 begging skill work?
I'm only 35 Begging skill and I've received the Obsidian Skull. :)
So totally random.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Work begging in the elf city. Get items and not gold. Begging there has rare items to earn. Some rares from higher begging. And what better thing to do "must wait to use a skill again" then ToTing. Really this time of the year is the best time to train begging. Work smarter, no harder.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The should have made it so that when you Trick or Treat, you have a chance for a Begging Skill increase. Just saying...
Totally agree and I was kind of hoping to see begging gains myself when I started to ToT this morning. I'm up to 51.4 now LOL

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm only 35 Begging skill and I've received the Obsidian Skull. :)
So totally random.
yah mentioned earlier i have only 1.0 begging skill and got the crystal skull...so its gotta be totally and utterlly random

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got the jade skull after another 300/400 or so...loving this... everyone can enjoy it.....awesome devs

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to add my voice to the complaints that the Trick or Treat rare rewards (the new skulls included), do not need GM begging, not even as a higher chance at a rare item drop.

I mean, for how many things the Begging skill can be used in Ultima Online ?

The once a year Trick or Treat was a short window where a Grand Master Beggar could make some nice use of this MUCH neglected skill.

Apparently, it seems the Developers think otherwise and just made Begging not matter much in getting rare Trick or Treat items...

Now, that's a developing choice I cannot possibly agree with...... the use of Begging skill should have been made way, but way more meaningfull in getting the rare Trick or Treat items.....

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I caved in and just bought some from general chat! They do look very cool though.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to add my voice to the complaints that the Trick or Treat rare rewards (the new skulls included), do not need GM begging, not even as a higher chance at a rare item drop.

I mean, for how many things the Begging skill can be used in Ultima Online ?

The once a year Trick or Treat was a short window where a Grand Master Beggar could make some nice use of this MUCH neglected skill.

Apparently, it seems the Developers think otherwise and just made Begging not matter much in getting rare Trick or Treat items...

Now, that's a developing choice I cannot possibly agree with...... the use of Begging skill should have been made way, but way more meaningfull in getting the rare Trick or Treat items.....

Although I got a skull at very low skill and I still plan on working my Begging to GM, I agree with this. These drops should be for GM Beggars.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have GM begging and its a miracle i'm not bald from working it lol.. its LONG and tedious.. but even at GM its totally random. I've gotten all the skulls but the obsidian and a ton other stuff.. I do notice at least with me it seems like you have to TOT for a bit then it seems to "kick in" where you get items.. at least that's how i'm seeing it go..then again theres has been times in the past Halloweens i've logged in and ran over to TOT and within a few min i've gotten a rare item..

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been trick or treating for at least 5 hours, 3 webs so far that's it..., so if you get a skull it's very lucky

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can someone post a screenshot of the tag lines of the skulls please?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popped another crystal skull after maybe 400/500 goes frantically running around...managed to swop for the obisdian one so all 3 now....great mini event devs that everyone can enjoy....oh u gotta love that..''.u want something special dont you'' tag....love it ..strange though only got new skulls and head on spikes ..none of the other gifts at all....thats 1.0 begging skill and a lot of running around...good luck everyone......

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popped another crystal skull after maybe 400/500 goes frantically running around...managed to swop for the obisdian one so all 3 now....great mini event devs that everyone can enjoy....oh u gotta love that..''.u want something special dont you'' tag....love it ..strange though only got new skulls and head on spikes ..none of the other gifts at all....thats 1.0 begging skill and a lot of running around...good luck everyone......
See, now you are just trying to get a rise out of people...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not care if everyone who tries with zero begging gets all the toys.
I am Gm and I have gotten all 3.

This is what I care about. The players parked in moongates, with their guides hidden constantly saying TOT. I cannot figure out how to do that with my guide. :(

I also care that there are no new pumpkins and it was said we would get them.

I also care that the UO art dev made some very neat new art. Thanks!