• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Using EC with UO Cartographer

Night Shift

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is anyone out there aware of a way to use UOC with EC without Pincos? Pincos is way too laggy. Does anyone have a link to the Copper Enhanced Mod that works?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is hardcoded into Pinco's.

I took half the hour to make a standalone mod out of it, so it can be used without Pinco's. See the attached zip file.

To install you need to drop the "Mods" folder contained in the zipfile into your default UI directory, i.e. "..\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Default\Mods\UOCartographerMod\..". If there is no "Default" folder under "UserInterfaces", unzip the "Default.zip" that is there as well.

Tell me if it works :)

Unfortunately it's exactly things like that, that make Pinco's laggy. Both Pinco's and this mod basically write the player position to a log file ("logs/pos.log") every time your position changes. Thus resulting in relatively slow disk accesses multiple times a second. Should be no issue on modern PCs for itself, but things add up somewhere :rolleyes:

UOC then reads this file ..

Attachments

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

I took half the hour to make a standalone mod out of it, so it can be used without Pinco's. See the attached zip file.

To install you need to drop the "Mods" folder contained in the zipfile into your default UI directory, i.e. "..\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Default\Mods\UOCartographerMod\..". If there is no "Default" folder under "UserInterfaces", unzip the "Default.zip" that is there as well.

Unfortunately it's exactly things like that, that make Pinco's laggy. Both Pinco's and this mod basically write the player position to a log file ("logs/pos.log") every time your position changes. Thus resulting in relatively slow disk accesses multiple times a second. Should be no issue on modern PCs for itself, but things add up somewhere :rolleyes:

Thank you! Until now, I was unable to get UOC to work on my current setup with Enhanced Client, as Pinco's refuses to install under Wine. Your files work flawlessly so far. UOC will still grind to a halt when compiled from EC maps, however.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Maybe you could add this to the resource area? http://stratics.com/community/resources/ would be a nice addition

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont understand this :( im not very good at computers i dont understand what i have to do :( my pinco's i use works fine with map but glitches every few seconds heh meaning i cant use it, i cant find any other plugins to work with ec so uocartographer will work anyone know please :((

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, no worries. What do you not understand? We can go through this step by step.

1) Can you locate your EC directory? (usually under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss)
2) Inside there should be another folder called "UserInterface"
3) Download the UOCartographerMod.zip from above and save it in this directory

How about that far?

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Thats perfect I can see where your comming from okay and i dont need pinco's for this right?
as i already have pinco's but its too laggy for me to use and the main reason for me to use pinco's is for the uocartographer sorry about this and thankyou for taking your time to help me also i dont have staygen abyss in that option this is what i have let me get a screen shot ill upload it now, would i have to uninstall the old pinco's for this to work?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a good point to start.

Under "UserInterfaces", extract the "Default" folder by right-clicking on it and selecting "extract all..".

You should now have two "Default" folders. One with the little zipper as before and one as plain folder w/o the zipper.

Go into the folder w/o the zipper and save the UOCartographerMod.zip there. Then extract it there as with the "Default" folder above. There should now be a "Mods" folder among "Fonts", "EA_Context_Menu", etc.

Restart EC and that should be it. Change your UI back to Default when you login and see if it works.

Btw: I can also recommend renaming the extracted "Default" folder to something like "MyCartographerUI" or something, as you might want to be able to use the plain Default UI when needed.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would have been to easy i guess :rolleyes: Try changing the text in the box left to the browse button from "..\Default" to "..\UOCartographerUI". Then it should extract. Extract the mod then in this UOCartographerUI directory.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, i figured its way easier. Delete all the files except for the two folders with the zippers (as it was before).

Create a new empty Folder inside UserInterfaces, call it whatever you want, like "UOCartographerUI".

Unzip the UOCartographer.zip inside this folder as you did the Default in your last post.

It should be like "...\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\UOCartographerUI\Mods\UOCartographerMod\..." and you should be able to select this as an UI when you log in.

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You my man are an absolute legend! i cant thank you enough this works perfect without pinco's and i dont have the pinco's lagg :D you deserve a medal man thats some brainy stuff hehe ty ty ty ty tyvm!!!!

Last edited:

Night Shift

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wow I need to check this more often. Look what I started. I actually heard about the stand alone mod today from my frienemy Pop Tarts on Pacific. Installed it and now I'm stylin' and profilin' in map w/o using pinco's laggy ass UI. Thanks a lot petemage!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHY OH WHY OH WHY, MUST WE AGAIN HAVE TO HACK UIs to get our S*** to work?
This should just be with the default UI.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have it working on 2d this is good to know, it can be only these two things:

1: under cartographer options, check that you have "Use enhanced client" checked.
2: you created a new folder okay, so you get the option to choose the new folder in the login screen?
all the mod files should be located in a folder at this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\New folder\Mods\UOCartographerMod

But to be fair, this is in the directions and in the video so i'm not sure how you missed it if you watched the video several times.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco's lags? Same speed as EC to me, I have no problem and I'm a LONG way from the USA shards.