• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kyronix-- Not getting Lighthouse messages

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning ~9:40am Atlantic- Tram- Yew
~11:05am Atlantic- Tram- Vesper

In Yew neither my wife nor I received the message.
In Vesper, my wife got the message and I did not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed last night that if I got a drop too sometimes I got no message...... Like the Lighthouse and the drop message sometimes cancel one another out or something.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This morning ~9:40am Atlantic- Tram- Yew
~11:05am Atlantic- Tram- Vesper

In Yew neither my wife nor I received the message.
In Vesper, my wife got the message and I did not.
You need to be inside the city region when the beacon become vulnerable/invulnerable in order to get the messaging. The Vesper region encompasses all the islands, but nothing on shore. The Yew region encompasses everything just NW of where the Heartwood entrance to just SE of the last hut in the city proper. The mobs spawn in these regions and will go back to their creation locations if brought outside these regions (so someone can't decide they are bringing home a new daemon...). We did identify an issue with the definition of the New Magincia region and a fix for that is in the works.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to be inside the city region when the beacon become vulnerable/invulnerable in order to get the messaging. The Vesper region encompasses all the islands, but nothing on shore. The Yew region encompasses everything just NW of where the Heartwood entrance to just SE of the last hut in the city proper. The mobs spawn in these regions and will go back to their creation locations if brought outside these regions (so someone can't decide they are bringing home a new daemon...). We did identify an issue with the definition of the New Magincia region and a fix for that is in the works.

Why would the Vesper region not cover on shore when Captains spawn up there?

In Yew, it was at house just east of the Jail.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would the Vesper region not cover on shore when Captains spawn up there?

In Yew, it was at house just east of the Jail.
You're right. There is a small stretch of land South/Southeast of the Clothier shop on shore near Vesper where they will spawn, apologies as I missed that at first when I looked at the region. The Yew area you described is outside of the Yew City region and mobs don't spawn there.

Mr Nice ATLC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UO regions see to be box like so I am guessing that not ALL areas can be 100%. Having a good time thus far!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right. There is a small stretch of land South/Southeast of the Clothier shop on shore near Vesper where they will spawn, apologies as I missed that at first when I looked at the region. The Yew area you described is outside of the Yew City region and mobs don't spawn there.

On Yew... are you sure? Because that is where we found and fought the Captain (a bard) with his troops and he never popped back or anything. Here is where I am talking about:

As for Vesper, that is where I was when I didn't get the message.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Yew... are you sure? Because that is where we found and fought the Captain (a bard) with his troops and he never popped back or anything. Here is where I am talking about:

As for Vesper, that is where I was when I didn't get the message.
Yup, that location is outside of the city region for Yew. The snap back doesn't occur in real time, so it can take up to a minute before the check occurs to see if they need to go back to where they were created. If you continue to experience issues submit a bug report with locations and cities and we'll have a closer look - the more details the better. Thanks for the report!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of the north-western region of Trinsic doesn't receive the message when the lighthouse becomes vulnerable either.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its happened to me in skara brae. i was around the tavern.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's happened to me basically everyplace at least once.

Usually I don't get the message that the lighthouse is vulnerable, but do get the message that it's now invulnerable.

I've had not dissimilar issues with such messages in the past, however. Every once in a great while I'm quite sure I've never gotten a "you have gotten an artifact" message." So I just figured that whatever was causing one also was causing the other.

Problem is it's so hard to discern "I haven't gotten a message" (which has definitely happened, I'm 100% sure of it) from "I haven't noticed a message in the thick of the fighting" (which also has happened....and more often).

-Galen's player

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the enhanced client and didn't see it at all last night in Minoc. Does the message go to a certain tab that I don't have visible? Like maybe it only goes to the system messages and I didn't have that tab selected?

-Lorax

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think i might know what the issue is here, if you kill the captain that spawns the lighthouses vulnerability, you get the message...if you are out with another group or killing another mob I don't seem to get it.