• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Mobbed?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Curious about the monsters etc you'll meet in the new event arc?

Check out our updated 'Current Event' listing on Hunter's Guide

The collapsed menu can be found at the top of the left sidebar.

For those who prefer a 'walk through' of this first act of the event arc, our esteemed reporter, Frarc has provided one in 4 beautifully written parts
http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-events

Of course by its very nature a 'walkthrough' is absolutely riddled with spoilers!

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The walk through should help... The fighting everyone needs to do by them self or with some friends. :)

If there are still questions, I'll try to answer them.

I enjoyed the quest. Really like how it is put together. I look forward for the next parts. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Great walk through Frarc loved it!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, we might have to change something on the Hunters guide.

Instead of Faulinei , you need to change that in a Shadowlord. It can be one of the three in the ships hold.

Faulinei, the Shadowlord of Falsehood.
Nosfentor, the Shadowlord of Cowardice.
Astaroth, the Shadowlord of Hatred.

Title for defeating one: Salvager of the Deep

Speaking of titles, Mine on Drachfels is getting longer :)

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tame the Paralithode but you can only use it to fight under the lake.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping the the glacial hued critter would be tameable ;)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried Armageddon on the Shadowlords? I know it worked for previous events on them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah. I tried it. Didn't work. Still was able to drop the Dark Wisps fast by carrying that large blackrock tho. Seemed like everyone else was having trouble with them putting up their "shield" but I never had an issue.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love it that i can keep a anchor for decoration. :)
I liked that too put one next to my white anchor and then put the scroll on Malag's desk... Was sad I couldn't keep the Ice Wyrm Scales or the schematic.... that was a cool deed and would look awesome sitting on my desk.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked that too put one next to my white anchor and then put the scroll on Malag's desk... Was sad I couldn't keep the Ice Wyrm Scales or the schematic.... that was a cool deed and would look awesome sitting on my desk.

They can keep the scales for me if i could tame one, or the Obsidian Wyrm! ;)

I'm still wondering what effect this does?

• Luck plays an influence throughout various portions of the quest, including the chance at receiving an artifact from the final boss encounter.

I can understand the artifact part for the boss...not yet what could happen during the quest.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can keep the scales for me if i could tame one, or the Obsidian Wyrm! ;)

I'm still wondering what effect this does?

• Luck plays an influence throughout various portions of the quest, including the chance at receiving an artifact from the final boss encounter.

I can understand the artifact part for the boss...not yet what could happen during the quest.....
A group of us did the first part of the quest last night. The ones with luck seemed to need less fishing attempts to gain the quest item.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish my fisher could fight the boss, the reward would be very cool for him. What arti do you have a chance of getting off boss?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea to be honest, so few have completed the encounter so far.
Why your fisher?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday night on Europa I completed the first part of the quest to assemble the diving suit, and when I reached the ship the hold was already open.
I guess that somebody else had already assembled the winch before me. I wonder how long the hold stays open - maybe until the Shadowlord is defeated, or until server down?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the guide Frarc! Was very helpful yesterday. I've got all the 4 parts of the suit. Just need to do the rest of the quest this weekend.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Master Instructor at the end of part 2 always a paragon? or was I just unlucky? didn't even scratch him before I was oooO OOoO.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish my fisher could fight the boss, the reward would be very cool for him. What arti do you have a chance of getting off boss?
You don't need to fight the boss to get the title, only succeed in accomplishing the Quest itself.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday night on Europa I completed the first part of the quest to assemble the diving suit, and when I reached the ship the hold was already open.
I guess that somebody else had already assembled the winch before me. I wonder how long the hold stays open - maybe until the Shadowlord is defeated, or until server down?
It stays open so long as the SL is alive and until maintenance. When maintenance occurs everything resets.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to fight the boss to get the title, only succeed in accomplishing the Quest itself.
Wait, what? So what is accomplishing, getting the suit, or opening the hatch?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you've gotten all the components of the suit and visited Hepler and he gives you the map.

Mmmm , i'm going to try to convince my friends to get my fisherman trough the quest..... Not sure if thats a good idea, he usualy just fight with fish. :D

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiny FYI. For anyone who hasn't got a boat, the water off Magincia dock is deep enough for the salvage hooks.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry if this has already been answered, but do you need fishing skill in order to successfully do the salvage hook portion of this? Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No. Fishing skill is not needed. But my legend fisher fished one up on the first attempt, non fisher took about 10 tries. According to some reports luck is also a way to get the artifact quicker as well.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like there are lots of spoilers in here so I will ask my question. Sorry I don't know how to make a spoiler thingie.

In the sorcerers dungeon, if someone starts filling the plates but doesn't finish them, is there a way to reset ( IE empty the plates) so someone else can summon the master?? Or can a different person just finish filling the plates? It seemed like the empty plates became inaccessible when some plates were filled by another person (who left). Sorry if this doesn't make sense, my head is still spinning from that dungeon!!! :eyes:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like there are lots of spoilers in here so I will ask my question. Sorry I don't know how to make a spoiler thingie.

In the sorcerers dungeon, if someone starts filling the plates but doesn't finish them, is there a way to reset ( IE empty the plates) so someone else can summon the master?? Or can a different person just finish filling the plates? It seemed like the empty plates became inaccessible when some plates were filled by another person (who left). Sorry if this doesn't make sense, my head is still spinning from that dungeon!!! :eyes:
So long as the plates are filled, the Master will come check your work. :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Miri.... You do the Spoiler thingy just like it shows "quote" if you quote someone else's post. You just [ Spoiler] this is hidden [ /Spoiler] but with no spaces :)

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I don't know if the issue I had is the same as yours but had a "duh" moment. I filled all the plates but nothing happened, tried again, still, no instructor appeared . Checked and double checked the right order, still nada. Long story short..I had been just dropping the items on the plates not realizing you had to first double click the reagent and then, click the appropriate plate. That did it, out came... "Blue Boy"!

Last edited: