• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reminder : Elections....

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pixel ballot​

Pixel T P for my pixel bunghole​
Time better spent would of been making every drop in the game at Doom. Let the RNG sort it out and fluff the Doom list with some unique deco. And the BaZingA could be a chance from the long list a Greater White Wyrm trapped in an ice crystal.​

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pixel ballot​

Pixel T P for my pixel bunghole​
Time better spent would of been making every drop in the game at Doom. Let the RNG sort it out and fluff the Doom list with some unique deco. And the BaZingA could be a chance from the long list a Greater White Wyrm trapped in an ice crystal.​

So what you're really saying is you want pixels you like, the Hell with pixels other players might like.

Sadly that's not atypical these days.

-Galen's player

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who placed them as candidate, might want to check again if you still on the stone.

I placed myself on it right after server-up and i just checked again and i was no longer on the stone. I have redone my nomination. I have to keep a eye on it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you want a guild name to show up next to your name on the nominee list, you have to belong to a guild before you nominate yourself.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who placed them as candidate, might want to check again if you still on the stone.

I placed myself on it right after server-up and i just checked again and i was no longer on the stone. I have redone my nomination. I have to keep a eye on it.
I had the same happen to my nominated char (Vesper/Trammel).

So I've done the nominee/endorsement twice now, and the char on the stone has disappeared for the second time... ! (I've done nominations between 10 and 11am CEST)

It is not working like it should be...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I done it 3 times now and the stone is wiped clean from all candidates after a hour (Maybe even less) in all towns.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it may be a different person adding their name that deletes yours; Niedre was on Yew on Europa before I added my name, but when I did, his vanished from the list of candidates. I dont have time to check today, I'm about to go out for a gig, but has anyone seen a stone with more than one name, or has two accounts they can check that potential source of a bug from?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: I checked it and there are now two names on the city stone, so that's not it.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Argh..... possibly a stupid system may be the reason....

http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/in-game-systems/britannia-loyalty-councils

"The Nomination period beings on the first day of the listed months and lasts for 1 real world week."

"A nominated character must be endorsed within 24 hours of their nomination by another citizen of the city.
  • Failing to receive an endorsement will require a character to re-nominate themselves.
  • There is no limit to the number of times a player can nominate themselves.
  • In order to offer an endorsement a character must:
    • Not have already offered an endorsement with the same account in the same City
    • Not currently be on an account that is nominated for the ballot
    • Not be on a trial account
    • Not be a young player
    • Hold citizenship to the city they wish to offer an endorsement
  • Players that have been successfully endorsed will be placed on the ballot for a 1 week voting period at the conclusion of the nomination period"
So that could possibly mean the name will be back at the end of the nomination period, to actually be voted on? Seems a very bizarre system, but maybe......

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to check - the people who have 'applied' twice or more times because their names vanished from the list won't find they are on the updated list several times too, will they? Could make their vote a bit... peculiar ;)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to check - the people who have 'applied' twice or more times because their names vanished from the list won't find they are on the updated list several times too, will they? Could make their vote a bit... peculiar ;)
No, they won't. The data on the stone is wiped with the start of each election cycle (which is tested by looking at the numerical date, in this case "1" for the first, and the corresponding election months). Since it's the 1st for a 24 hour period every time the system goes through to check the date on the stone which occurs roughly every hour or so, it's resetting the data on the stone because it thinks, Hey it's a new election! Let's clean up all this old data! Yayyyyy.....of course we don't want that to happen. This is an issue that I thought had been corrected but it's obvious it somehow slipped its way in. Apologies for the confusion on the first day, and I hope this doesn't turn off prospective politicians from achieving political success!

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[..] Apologies for the confusion on the first day, and I hope this doesn't turn off prospective politicians from achieving political success!
You... you... will regret this! *puffs herself up*

:D No, I mean, thanks for the response and clearing up the issue... much appreciated (esp on the weekend)!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The future is in your hands. If you believe in progress, re-elect Mayor Red Thomas. Progress is his middle name. Mayor Red Thomas' progress platform means more jobs, better education, bigger civic improvements, and lower taxes. On Election Day, cast your vote for a proven leader. Re-elect Mayor Red Thomas.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The future is in your hands. If you believe in progress, re-elect Mayor Red Thomas. Progress is his middle name. Mayor Red Thomas' progress platform means more jobs, better education, bigger civic improvements, and lower taxes. On Election Day, cast your vote for a proven leader. Re-elect Mayor Red Thomas.
I think the title being run for is Governor, isn't it?

And I have the impression that, regardless of the name of the office, that it's really a national level legislative position....Or am I wrong on this?

Granted, you might have been saying "Elect Mayor Red Thomas, a proven quantity, to also serve as Governor and sit on whatever Britannia's legislature is called."

And of course then there's the fact that it's a legislature in a monarchy, and the power levels those have vary quite considerably.

And then of course there's the fact that I'm way, way over-thinking this.

-Galen's player

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was thinking of modifying the quote for UO, but then some people might not get the reference.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is it normal that the stones are not currently accepting votes for candidates that have been endorsed ? Isnt it supose to be a 1 week of votes after being endorsed ?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is it normal that the stones are not currently accepting votes for candidates that have been endorsed ? Isnt it supose to be a 1 week of votes after being endorsed ?
The election cycle is 2 weeks long. There is a 1 week nomination period and then a 1 week voting period.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The election cycle is 2 weeks long. There is a 1 week nomination period and then a 1 week voting period.
Ok one week of nomination has passed, still cant vote for candidates ... unless the second week just start tomorrow

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok one week of nomination has passed, still cant vote for candidates ... unless the second week just start tomorrow
The timing cycle is going to be a little different for each shard, but for the most part the voting period should begin sometime after midnight tonight, EDT.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think voting will start in about 50-60 minutes from Now. For Drachenfels and Europa that will be after shard maintenance. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voting has Started!

Good luck to all who runs for Governor! :)

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timing cycle is going to be a little different for each shard, but for the most part the voting period should begin sometime after midnight tonight, EDT.
Kyronix, what was the thinking in allowing each character to vote vs account. It should have been account bound!! One vote per account, not up to 7

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, what was the thinking in allowing each character to vote vs account. It should have been account bound!! One vote per account, not up to 7
It's one vote per account per city.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's one vote per account per city.
I hope to get your attention this way, but Minoc voting stone is broken on Europa server. The main menu opens, but when clicking on candidate list, nothing happens (main menu closes too). It broke the moment someone cast a vote, as I was there the moment it stopped working. People had already succesfully voted a bit before this happened.

Already sent a bug report through mail a few hours ago but maybe this is faster. Thanks anyway for the help so far!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope to get your attention this way, but Minoc voting stone is broken on Europa server. The main menu opens, but when clicking on candidate list, nothing happens (main menu closes too). It broke the moment someone cast a vote, as I was there the moment it stopped working. People had already succesfully voted a bit before this happened.

Already sent a bug report through mail a few hours ago but maybe this is faster. Thanks anyway for the help so far!

That is the exact same thing that happend on Moonglow on Napa.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the exact same thing that happend on Moonglow on Napa.
Right, and a server restart doesn't seem to fix it, as Europa crashed not long after this happened and had a minor revert, but the stone remains broken.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that, but it just seems too easy to fix an election that way, but understand the need with lower populations. You should need some level of city loyalty to vote, but to utilize a city bonus only need citizenship. That way you need to contribute to a city in order to vote, not just walk up to the stone, declare citizenship, then vote.

Anyway, good luck to all that are running for office.