• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can rune beetles train poisoning after tamed? If not when they die and lose a point what happens?

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering if tamed rune beetles can train up their poisoning or how can a person tell when the skill is maxed for that paticular beetle? Can poisoning skill be maxed with say 113.6 or point anything or does it max out at a whole number? Also when the pet dies and it loses .1 in poisoning skill does it ever gain that skill back after training it again? If it does then one would think that they do gain poisoning skill when trained but how high can you take it if say you bought the pet from somebody and are unsure of what the poisoning was at before being tamed and what it is able to get to after being trained?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you tame a rune beetle, if a skill is GM or below, 100 is the cap. Any skills above GM will cap at the level they are when you tame the beetle. They won't go above that, and if they die they can be retrained to that cap.

If someone is selling you any pet, never take their word on the skill caps it has. There is no way to be sure until you try training that pet, so always presume they're talking nonsense. Then you may get a few good surprises but mostly you won't. It's not unknown for a seller to not actually know skill caps themselves :)

Wenchy

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you tame a rune beetle, if a skill is GM or below, 100 is the cap.
This is true, however the second half of your statement is incorrect.
Any skills above GM will cap at the level they are when you tame the beetle. They won't go above that, and if they die they can be retrained to that cap.
According to my data, when a Rune Beetle is tamed, any spawned skill above 100.0 will cap out at 90% Spawned Value (if the this ends up being less than 100.0, than 100.0 is the skill cap). According to the Hunter's Guide, the Rune Beetle has the maximum spawned skills of:
Wrestling: 80.0
Tactics: 95.0
Resist Spells: 110.0
Anatomy: 0.0
Poisoning: 140.0
Magery: 110.0
Eval Int: 125.0
Meditation: 110.0

For Resist Spells, Magery, and Meditation If you calculate 90% of 110.0 it yields 99.0 (=0.9*110.0), so those skills can only be trained to 100.0.

For Poisoning and Eval Int are the only skills which can be greater than GM for a Tamed Rune Beetle (max tamed Eval Int = 112.5; max tamed Poisoning = 126.0).

You are correct in that they can be retrained to their new skill maximums to recover rom skill loss incurred upon death.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Reference Rune Beetle Hunter's Guide: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=1449

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true, however the second half of your statement is incorrect.

According to my data, when a Rune Beetle is tamed, any spawned skill above 100.0 will cap out at 90% Spawned Value (if the this ends up being less than 100.0, than 100.0 is the skill cap).
Either I'm going senile or we're saying the same thing, a fresh tamed runey is at 90% of its pre-tamed skill. So any skill over GM are capped at that fresh tamed level.

Wenchy

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either I'm going senile or we're saying the same thing, a fresh tamed runey is at 90% of its pre-tamed skill. So any skill over GM are capped at that fresh tamed level.
Your first post did not mention the 90% skill adjustment. I just wanted to clear that up for the OP and any other readers.
Any skills above GM will cap at the level they are when you tame the beetle.
This makes it sound that there is no sill adjustment.

Senility is just an opinion...

Stayin Alive,

BG

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your first post did not mention the 90% skill adjustment. I just wanted to clear that up for the OP and any other readers.
This makes it sound that there is no sill adjustment.

Senility is just an opinion...

Stayin Alive,

BG
I replied quickly to the OP on a level that I felt was appropriate. I didn't mention the 10% skill loss because I really didn't think the OP needed it. I just can't see many tamers get to taming runeys without noticing that skill loss after taming.

I always figure if I omit something, it'll get mentioned by someone else, or the OP can ask for clarification. I do tend to abuse the English language, but it isn't intentional ;)

Wenchy