• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforginf Broken?!?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be something to do with the runic? I have not done many with copper but I am sure that if yuo select Vicious / slaughter there is a chance to get a rendom property from ANY of the reforge options when using a copper hammer. I remember thinking thae same thing when I was reforging with barbed kits... I had selected 2 named options thinking I would get al ods from those 2 but as far as I know once it has allocated the correct ones if there is a minimum mod ammount on the hammer that is greater then there is a chance that will apply ANY modification. Semmerset or someone like Nu Sair or Corwinx will be best suited to answer as their knowledge knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
MANY of the weapons in question resulted in properties that should NOT have appeared on the weapons, list is as follows for "reforged ******* weapons": Properties in Underlined are"incorrect"
Based on the results that you have posted runic reforging appears to be working as intended. All 30 radiant scimitars received at least one property from the Vicious/of Slaughter package. I think this is simply a misunderstanding as to how the system works.

Here is a basic rundown of the runic system:

Each reforging attempt has a specific amount of budget based on the tool level as well as the crafting options selected. If you select any property packages then the first random property roll occurs on the chosen package list of properties (i.e. for the Vicious/of Slaughter package - Battle Lust, HCI, DI, Hit Area Damage, Hit Random Spell and Splintering Weapon).

If there is any budget left over then the system tries to spend those remaining budget points. There is a 50% chance that those remaining points are spent on the original selected package and a 50% chance that those points are spent on a random property.

If there are still budget points available the system repeats the 50/50 property selection roll. If there are no budget points left over then the runic reforging is completed.

So it is possible, however unlikely, for you to use a Valorite hammer and still only get one property from the selected package, just like it is possible for you use a less powerful runic tool and get some lucky rolls where you end up with 3 or even 4 properties from the selected package.

Also keep in mind that Hit Dispel is considered a Hit Random Spell (Hit Harm, Hit Magic Arrow, Hit Fireball, Hit Lighting and Hit Dispel).

I hope this information helps.

FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Based on the results that you have posted runic reforging appears to be working as intended. All 30 radiant scimitars received at least one property from the Vicious/of Slaughter package. I think this is simply a misunderstanding as to how the system works.

Here is a basic rundown of the runic system:

Each reforging attempt has a specific amount of budget based on the tool level as well as the crafting options selected. If you select any property packages then the first random property roll occurs on the chosen package list of properties (i.e. for the Vicious/of Slaughter package - Battle Lust, HCI, DI, Hit Area Damage, Hit Random Spell and Splintering Weapon).

If there is any budget left over then the system tries to spend those remaining budget points. There is a 50% chance that those remaining points are spent on the original selected package and a 50% chance that those points are spent on a random property.

If there are still budget points available the system repeats the 50/50 property selection roll. If there are no budget points left over then the runic reforging is completed.

So it is possible, however unlikely, for you to use a Valorite hammer and still only get one property from the selected package, just like it is possible for you use a less powerful runic tool and get some lucky rolls where you end up with 3 or even 4 properties from the selected package.

Also keep in mind that Hit Dispel is considered a Hit Random Spell (Hit Harm, Hit Magic Arrow, Hit Fireball, Hit Lighting and Hit Dispel).

I hope this information helps.
ok this explains it...
Ive only reforged in a few instances
Mostly Ive done leather armor using artiface arcane of wiz with defense with barbed
then atriface of viscous with aegis with bronze
lastly the ones to get hci n dex with a spined

don't think I have evr reforged using a single artiface with an upper end runic.

so ty for the infos, and I apologize for my lack of knowledge , aka ignorance... :oops: