• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0.1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Apr 24 20:02 GMT
We are publishing a new client tonight, after maintenance you will get the following on your shards. European shards will see this tonight after your regular maintenance.

City Elections:

• City Stones have been placed on Siege, this will allow City Elections to occur on the first of June.

Bug Fixes
• Runes marked near certain crafter shops will no longer have incorrect default description
• Restored primary special move on Club to Shadow Strike.
• Corrected issue with certain veteran reward house add-ons placed by co-owners.
• Hit chance formula update: maximum hit chance is capped at 95% and minimum hit chance is capped 5%.

Continue reading...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm.... • Hit chance formula update: maximum hit chance is capped at 95% and minimum hit chance is capped 5%.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes this need some explanations I mean, so a little sentence for such changes ....
Correct me if I am wrong, I think it means if a warrior example has 120 fencing and hit a mage with no combat skill and no mage weapon, instead of having 100% chance to hit, he will have now 95%, so 5% of the time he will misses ? and on the other side if the mage without combat skill hits that 120 fencer guy, mage will have now a minimum chance to hit of 5% ...
thats actually a good change, when desarmed, you have now 1 chance in 20 hits to dodge.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this need some explanations I mean, so a little sentence for such changes ....
Seriously people ?? How about thinking a tiny bit before jumping to conclusions....

What it says.....
• Hit chance formula update: maximum hit chance is capped at 95% and minimum hit chance is capped 5%.
What everyone thought it said.....
• Hit chance formula update: maximum hit chance increase is capped at 95% and minimum hit chance is capped 5%.
So Basically in the good ole days I think you could achieve 100% chance to hit someone.. Example your a 45% HCI Disarm Archer and your target has no DCI.... You disarm him & Magically hit him 100% of the time. They are just saying that it will be 95% of the time now & also I believe you had at a minimum a 2% chance to hit something ALWAYS and now that will be 5%.

That is all...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Basically in the good ole days I think you could achieve 100% chance to hit someone.. Example your a 45% HCI Disarm Archer and your target has no DCI.... You disarm him & Magically hit him 100% of the time. They are just saying that it will be 95% of the time now & also I believe you had at a minimum a 2% chance to hit something ALWAYS and now that will be 5%.
High end nerf, low end buff. Yep.

Stupid in my opinion. Why should we have a 5% chance not to hit Mongbats and crap like that? I didn't get Legendary fencing to miss a cow. Maybe it helps address DCI issues, but, it doesn't, really. So. I would definitely like an explanation on why they made the change. After all, a 5% chance to hit isn't going to help anything but skill gain, really, and that depends on how it scales. So I'm not even sure if it buffs anyone...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think this is to address the issue where people are missing while swinging at a mongbat with 120 melee skill. There was a post on the warrior forum. Could be wrong, but I suspect the issue is related.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug Fixes

I'm hoping since this is listed under "bug fixes", this means that the cap is 95% (50% from skills Skills & 45% HCI from Items)...
It would also explain why since Pub 81, my dexer has been missing lower end monsters at 120 weapon skill & 45 HCI more often.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
High end nerf, low end buff. Yep.

Stupid in my opinion. Why should we have a 5% chance not to hit Mongbats and crap like that? I didn't get Legendary fencing to miss a cow. Maybe it helps address DCI issues, but, it doesn't, really. So. I would definitely like an explanation on why they made the change. After all, a 5% chance to hit isn't going to help anything but skill gain, really, and that depends on how it scales. So I'm not even sure if it buffs anyone...

" I didn't get Legendary fencing to miss a cow"

spit up my bowl of cereal from that LOL

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping since this is listed under "bug fixes", this means that the cap is 95% (50% from skills Skills & 45% HCI from Items)...
It would also explain why since Pub 81, my dexer has been missing lower end monsters at 120 weapon skill & 45 HCI more often.
Yep, i've noticed i miss more often now too against things that were 100%. its fine i guess, i just wondered why though.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knowing how the RNG hates me, I can see missing 10 times in a row trying to hit a mongbat with my Legendary Swords (5% miss chance 10 x in a row)...

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is the important bug fix patch?
Yet its not important enough that my armour ignore still does 0 damage?
Lol whos running this game seriously?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like many of our systems, I think this needs a PvM and a PvP formula. These kinds of caps make some sense in PvP, but not for PvM. If skill >25 difference + HLD means I have a 100% chance to hit, then I have earned that through skill and equipment... What imbalance does it create???

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes sadly we are down to 10 or less developpers for the most oldest mmorpg game ever, and on these 10 devs, and im not even sure any of them play the game actually

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
**Steps on Soapbox**
Yes sadly we are down to 10 or less developpers for the most oldest mmorpg game ever, and on these 10 devs, and im not even sure any of them play the game actually
I personally take some offense to the remark that we do not actually play the game.  I play for at least an hour every night after work and at least 10 hours every weekend.
As far as the Armor Ignore problem, I have still not received any detailed information on what is going on when the weapon proc seems to negate the AI damage. I have spent hours trying to reproduce this issue on our internal test centers AND on production and have not seen it occur when fighting either players or mobs.

If you really want to be helpful in getting this issue resolved, submit a detailed bug report so we actually have something to go off of.  Include information such as what you were fighting (player or a specific mob type) OR was the weapon a dropped weapon or an imbued weapon or a re-forged weapon OR did you have any SDI gear on OR what other mods were on the weapon OR anything else that you feel might be pertinent. The more information we have to build from the better and generally the easier it is to investigate and track down problems.

**Steps off of Soapbox**

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calm down Misk.. I know you play and quite a few of the Dev do.. They are just fustrated and tend to type first and think second or third... sometimes never....
For everyones info the Dev have been playing among you from day 1....
The only catch is they couldnt tell you...
EA has set rules of conduct for the dev set aside from ours that forbids it.
This includes their private account characters... its a no no for you or any to know their id.
Now apologise to Misk..
love as alwys
Mom

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**Steps on Soapbox** [snip] **Steps off of Soapbox**
K, but why we miss Mongbats with legendary? ;/ lol I guess at least you guys haven't added critical miss yet...:)

It must kind of suck, though, you guys spend all that time revamping armor and all we care about is how to ignore the armor ;D

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
**Steps on Soapbox**

I personally take some offense to the remark that we do not actually play the game.  I play for at least an hour every night after work and at least 10 hours every weekend.

As far as the Armor Ignore problem, I have still not received any detailed information on what is going on when the weapon proc seems to negate the AI damage. I have spent hours trying to reproduce this issue on our internal test centers AND on production and have not seen it occur when fighting either players or mobs.

If you really want to be helpful in getting this issue resolved, submit a detailed bug report so we actually have something to go off of.  Include information such as what you were fighting (player or a specific mob type) OR was the weapon a dropped weapon or an imbued weapon or a re-forged weapon OR did you have any SDI gear on OR what other mods were on the weapon OR anything else that you feel might be pertinent. The more information we have to build from the better and generally the easier it is to investigate and track down problems.

**Steps off of Soapbox**
yes I agree MIsk, sorry to have offended you, you are playing the game actually because you fix bugs, concerning the AI with lighting bug, both melee and ranged weapons are bugged. I took a looted kryss and a crafted composite bow with some lightning on them and I attacked both monster and player, when the lighting proc, the AI is not damaging. Its easy to reproduce, when you see the lighting proc, you wont see the AI damage, I dont know what is hard to reproduce here ... lighting does around 8-9 dmg on a 70 energy resist player, and AI do 35 (assuming you have good str and tac and anat) so its not hard to see which proc and which doesnt ...
EDIT : I will try and do the same with a ''magic arrow'' and ''harm'' weapon to see if its only a Lightning issue here..
EDIT 2 : ok confirmed its a ''Lightning'' issue only, tested with magic arrow and harm and they work correctly
OK LAST EDIT: ok both melee and ranged weapons are bugged, note that if velocity proc at same time as Lightning , the AI will damage, but if only ''Lightning'' proc, then AI do not damage.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mention figures against players. Is the same problem manifesting when in pvm?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mention figures against players. Is the same problem manifesting when in pvm?
yes both Pvm and Pvp , ArmorIgnore is not showing and not damaging when the ''Lightning'' proc
it says tho : Your attack penetrates their armor! when I do AI, but no damage is showing or taking.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I dont know what is hard to reproduce here...
What is hard to reproduce is the lack of AI damage, when I have been using AI on either looted weapons, crafted weapons or imbued weapons and the hit lightning procs I am simply seeing both the AI damage as well as the energy damage from the lighting proc.

The first reports of this issue indicated that it had occured with a composite bow, a kryss and a spear, so those are the weapons that I have been concentrating on during my testing.

I took a looted kryss with some lighting on it and I attacked both monster and player, when the lighting proc, the AI is not damaging.

My concern is that there may be some sort of conflict between other mods on the weapons and the hit lightning proc. Would you still happen to have this specific kryss?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is hard to reproduce is the lack of AI damage, when I have been using AI on either looted weapons, crafted weapons or imbued weapons and the hit lightning procs I am simply seeing both the AI damage as well as the energy damage from the lighting proc.

The first reports of this issue indicated that it had occured with a composite bow, a kryss and a spear, so those are the weapons that I have been concentrating on during my testing.

My concern is that there may be some sort of conflict between other mods on the weapons and the hit lightning proc. Would you still happen to have this specific kryss?
Yes I have both kryss and composite bow that are bugged, kryss is on catskills and composite bow is on ATL so its not shard related either.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok we figured the problem with mesanna and Misk, they found out that the trigger order was causing the issue AI not damaging. Example when velocity and lighting proc at same time AI does damage, but when only lightning proc AI wasnt working, so they figured it was the order of these trigger causing AI not working . I guess that AI was trying to trigger before lightning or maybe both were triggering at same time.

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am i the only one that is a little scared that the not only are the Dev's playing the game but they are actually on the forums today trouble shooting!

its like Christmas for old players!

haha, good to see some posts coming from you guys.
its been a while since ive seen some meat and potatoes coming from ya all.

and Misk, if that was you i killed on ATL the other night..... dont change me into a orc or anything!
see i could never do that, play a game that i worked on, i would be so tempted to do stuff to people who killed me.
like say a fella named "Troy the Destroyer of Worlds" rolls up and kills me.
the next morning his name is mysteriously changed to "Pippy the Purple Love Elf" and his armor is all hued a sparkly pink.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have posted on this issue twice in the last two weeks and have sent a couple of help requests in on this same issue. Do you have to post on these boards regularly to get something fixed? This should have been fixed looked into two weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much Quickblade for looking into this and getting something done. It's about time!!!!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quickblade, thank you for your assistance, with your help we were able to pinpoint the problem and I am submitting a problem report on the issue right now.

Thanks again.
Thanks to you and
btw Misk, tomorrow friday, maybe you could work on sending a report concerning the bug allowing reds players to go to malas,trammel,ilsh, I could see a problem here with the elections towns being in trammel only, thus allowing reds to have the trade deal buffs.
I can send you by pm on how the exploit is done so they can fix it

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quickblade, thank you for your assistance, with your help we were able to pinpoint the problem and I am submitting a problem report on the issue right now.

Thanks again.
How about making sure this issue is also cleared up with regards to Slayer damage.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
you are playing the game actually because you fix bugs
I am actually playing the game because even after 15+ years it is still incredibly fun and definitely my favorite MMO.

and Misk, if that was you i killed on ATL the other night..... dont change me into a orc or anything!
That was definitely not me. Just as an FYI, I do not play on any characters named Misk. If you see any “Misk” characters in game that are not invulnerable then it is a safe bet that it is not me.