• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice on crafting a Bow for Dragons

mark4583

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I want to craft a Bow to farm destard , some advice on what I should do, I was thinking frostwood with the frost dmg, from what I can see there lowest resist is poisen the cold dmg. what else should I add and should I do a composite or another one,
I can make the bow but my imbue isnt high enough for slayers
Thanks

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to craft a Bow to farm destard , some advice on what I should do, I was thinking frostwood with the frost dmg, from what I can see there lowest resist is poisen the cold dmg. what else should I add and should I do a composite or another one,
Thanks
A few choices here.... really you will want to be at 120 imbue to make a decent bow. personally I use Comp bows but there are other options. The mods on there will depend on the character. The one I made was for an ABC archer that had super high stamina and SSI so I got away with none on the bow, this meant that I could have high mana leech, well higher. For me I did Dragon Slayer , Hit mana Leech, Hit Lower defence, Staming Leech and Fireball.

Didn't matter about damage type as I keep EoO and Cons wep up so damage output is hitting the lowest resist. List the template you will be using to farm and I will tell ya what I think will make a decent bow.

Thanks,

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks
If you have a GM fletcher, kill juka lords and loot their bows. With gears you can turn them into slayers. You will get all the slayer bows you need that way eventually but just know that the imbuing weight is 450 as they are not exceptional for when your imbuing is higher as you will want to add stuff like ssi, damage increase, etc.

It is a great way to get free slayers tho!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that you can imbue them, THEN use the gears, to get 450 PLUS the slayer property. However, the slayer will be random. If you have the ingredients, it might be worth the effort.

mark4583

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok im still kinda new to this, I get the Bow from the juka lords and, the gears are drops or the tinker made? then how do I use these.
Been googleing this stuff but I cant seem to find a lot on it except the basics.
Thanks again

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok im still kinda new to this, I get the Bow from the juka lords and, the gears are drops or the tinker made? then how do I use these.
Been googleing this stuff but I cant seem to find a lot on it except the basics.
Thanks again
Buy gears from an npc tinker, target bow for the curser then target gear. Bow turns blackish color and you will see the slayer it has on it.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmmm come to think of it, didn't they say the imbuing weight for archery weapons are going to get raised in the next publish? If so, wonder if that is for exceptional bows only or if the non-exceptional bows get a boost too.

Anyone know off hand?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aren't exceptional bows going to a max of 550 imbuing intensity on the current pre-publish 81 on TC?