• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The changes are unplayable. The stamina issues are horrid. You never have stamina. If you're in felucca and you're not a paladin, you basically are unable to pvp. It's atrocious. Further, this is going to be yet another patch that promotes scripting because these rampant game altering changes make it too much of a hassle to play casually.

Every time i play, I'm stuck playing re make my suits, change my templates, learn a huge list of changes. I actually get to play for about a week, the rest of the time is spreadsheets and reading. Changes like this are why its harder and harder to find people on most shards. It's a hassle. You are tempted to script skills and resources and anything else because you feel like its the only way you'll get to play for a while.

Now, if you go to test and go to felucca, you can't run around or go to a dungeon to fight because you'll be stuck in any space as soon as you encounter anyone. Cool downs for stamina potions are a ridiculously poorly conceived idea. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE COMMON SENSE. There is no world in which any changes to stamina could have sounded like a good idea. Just stop making ridiculous changes. It's the worst to log in to find you cant play for a week because you have to relearn half the game.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question for all of dexers out there, and the devs...

most of us wear a gladiators collar because of the HCI

it has mage armor on it, and is a artifact

but it is plate, does this count for or against warriors wearing plate?
Anything you can meditate in while wearing would have no bonus to it no matter the base format of the item. That's why I'm whining about the Mage Armor property :p.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The changes are unplayable. The stamina issues are horrid.
The stamina thing is getting fixed, it just hasn't been published to Test Center yet. Still alarming that anyone in charge ever thought it was a good idea, but there you go. As far as I'm concerned anyone who was cheerleading for that first Publish 81 build will never be taken seriously again.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything you can meditate in while wearing would have no bonus to it no matter the base format of the item. That's why I'm whining about the Mage Armor property :p.
Ok if this is so, that needs changed, im on board now sir. Glad collars is how someof us make our suits, in fact many of us. Seriously, how can it be called a gladiators collar, have 10 hci on it and not be plate? mage armor boo! :pirate:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You're okay as long as it's your only misfit item, since the bonuses only take five pieces into consideration. If you're also using Mace & Shield glasses, or I dunno a Heart of the Lion for DCI or something, then you have a problem. Remember the potential DCI cap is supposedly going way up, too, so people may well want to use the Heart or the Violet Courage.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, if you are going to jack around with armor and make me craft a whole bunch of new crap - why not help a crafter out?

Go change one line of code that says 'Max Runic Charges On Combine = 100' and change it to 500 or 1,000. At least then I can combine 10 or 20 DC hammers instead of 2. There is no good reason to limit it to 100.

While you are at it - make POF combinable up to the same amount. I hate having chests full of those as well.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The changes are unplayable. The stamina issues are horrid. You never have stamina. If you're in felucca and you're not a paladin, you basically are unable to pvp. It's atrocious. Further, this is going to be yet another patch that promotes scripting because these rampant game altering changes make it too much of a hassle to play casually.

Every time i play, I'm stuck playing re make my suits, change my templates, learn a huge list of changes. I actually get to play for about a week, the rest of the time is spreadsheets and reading. Changes like this are why its harder and harder to find people on most shards. It's a hassle. You are tempted to script skills and resources and anything else because you feel like its the only way you'll get to play for a while.

Now, if you go to test and go to felucca, you can't run around or go to a dungeon to fight because you'll be stuck in any space as soon as you encounter anyone. Cool downs for stamina potions are a ridiculously poorly conceived idea. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE COMMON SENSE. There is no world in which any changes to stamina could have sounded like a good idea. Just stop making ridiculous changes. It's the worst to log in to find you cant play for a week because you have to relearn half the game.

You're a little behind the learning curve, they nerfed the timers. The rest of your post seems a bit over exaggerated.

Now, take a deep breath.........and go get me a sandwich.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you are going to jack around with armor and make me craft a whole bunch of new crap - why not help a crafter out?

Go change one line of code that says 'Max Runic Charges On Combine = 100' and change it to 500 or 1,000. At least then I can combine 10 or 20 DC hammers instead of 2. There is no good reason to limit it to 100.

While you are at it - make POF combinable up to the same amount. I hate having chests full of those as well.
Since you brought up POF lol.

Why in the world cant I just single click my POF and have an option to use all the charges in one click? Should I really need to set a macro to powder up my items?

I make a new suit:
double click POF bottle, click on item
second bottle:
repeat entire process for the 4 other pieces of armor & weapons.

Are we promoting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should I really need to set a macro to powder up my items?
Last Object - Target Last should always be in your macro toolbox. It is one of the best ones to have.

An "apply all" feature would be convenient though. I'd rather get them stackable first though.

Stayin Alive,

BG

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Assuming the innate 1% LMC on Plate doesn't go above the cap and stacks with imbued LMC, i'll just imbue 7% LMC onto 5 pieces of Platemail, and the extra 5% innate will bring me to 40% LMC, all without having to use a single Essence of Order, lol. I'll just do the same to Leather Armor too, imbue 5% LMC onto 5 pieces for 25% LMC, and the extra 15% innate LMC will take me to 40%. Really no need for Essence of Order then.

Yet Archers (Along with Throwers) are by far the most common "Dexxer" in the game at this point. Archers/Throwers dominate "Dexxer" PvP, they dominate EM Events, and the only thing melee "Dexxers" dominate, is Peerlesses with a Sampire/Whammy (Although i have seen some very effective Thrower Whammies).
Archers don't have Disarm for a good reason. When a melee "Dexxer" disarms someone, the other person can play "keep away" until they can re-arm as a defense. If an Archer could Disarm someone, they'd just start spamming Moving Shot and there'd be no defense against it. Hell, i've seen people who have Fencing along with Archery specifically so they can Disarm with a War Fork, then switch to a bow and run the person down with Moving Shot spam.
Moving Shot doesn't cost alot of Mana, even with them increasing it in Pub 81. Moving Shot currently costs 15 Mana before Special Discount or LMC. It's going up to 20 in Pub 81. With 40% LMC, that drops to 9 Mana (Current) or 12 Mana (Pub 81). With Special Discount, it costs 5 Mana (Current) or 10 Mana (Pub 81). With both Special Discount and 40% LMC, that's 3 Mana (Current) or 6 Mana (Pub 81). Mana Costs double if chaining Specials within 3 secs of each other. Due to Imbuing, almost all "Dexxers" have 40% LMC, 10+ MR and 100+ Mana. How many Moving Shots do you think they can spam before running out of Mana?
The "Limited Resources" thing is kind of bogus now, with Quivers being Insurable/Blessed, and reducing the weight of ammo by up to 30%. If your stock of arrows ever manages to run low, just start up the champ spawn in Twisted Weald, get it to Stage 2, and rake in the arrows by killing and looting the Centaurs. An hour of doing that will get you enough Arrows to last a very long time. Need Crossbow Bolts? Kill Meer Captains.
Archers get higher caps for HCI/DCI on their weps, and they can get Balanced put on it as well, allowing them to chug. Not to mention you can imbue double Hit on them, with Hit X + Hit Velocity.
You can imbue all sorts of that crap on any weapons.... save balanced... but if I imbue Balanced on my bow I"m not going to be having 90% of that other crap you mentioned because Balanced costs WAY more than it's worth.... I carry ONE balanced bow.... and it doesn't do much more than keep you busy for a short while so I can manage to do what I need to to survive... It's not going to "win the battle" for me..... And let me remind you once again that as a DEXER they have and this includes throwers..... 5 extra MODS I can't have because I can't carry a shield...

And my shots are so slow and miss more often than a dexer chinking away at insane speeds on me ..... Most times they can heal up before I can get another shot in... even WITH moving shot... bows that do moving shot also don't do much damage... so keep trying. And I have to hold about 200 stones worth of excess weight you don't have to carry as a DEXER so cry me a river. Even with reduction... I carry about 3 full quivers at all times. 4 if I plan to use a crossbow or heavy because then I have to load up on bolts as well... And at an EM event YES I can go thru 1500 arrows. I've done it. When exodus first came on scene I actually came VERY close to running out of arrows....

You think you know everything but you don't... And I know where to get more ammo..... but in the middle of a fight I'm not going to run off to kill centars... whatever..... I'm saying I'm LIMITED and NO other class is. Throwers don't have to worry about ammo.... mages don't have to worry about regs anymore... Dexers have NEVER had to worry about running out of hitting power... But if I'm out of arrows I'm pretty much done doing any damage to anything.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last Object - Target Last should always be in your macro toolbox. It is one of the best ones to have.

An "apply all" feature would be convenient though. I'd rather get them stackable first though.

Stayin Alive,

BG
I would like to be able to combine them..... at least up to 100 charges....

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can imbue all sorts of that crap on any weapons.... save balanced... but if I imbue Balanced on my bow I"m not going to be having 90% of that other crap you mentioned because Balanced costs WAY more than it's worth.... I carry ONE balanced bow.... and it doesn't do much more than keep you busy for a short while so I can manage to do what I need to to survive... It's not going to "win the battle" for me..... And let me remind you once again that as a DEXER they have and this includes throwers..... 5 extra MODS I can't have because I can't carry a shield...

And my shots are so slow and miss more often than a dexer chinking away at insane speeds on me ..... Most times they can heal up before I can get another shot in... even WITH moving shot... bows that do moving shot also don't do much damage... so keep trying. And I have to hold about 200 stones worth of excess weight you don't have to carry as a DEXER so cry me a river. Even with reduction... I carry about 3 full quivers at all times. 4 if I plan to use a crossbow or heavy because then I have to load up on bolts as well... And at an EM event YES I can go thru 1500 arrows. I've done it. When exodus first came on scene I actually came VERY close to running out of arrows....

You think you know everything but you don't... And I know where to get more ammo..... but in the middle of a fight I'm not going to run off to kill centars... whatever..... I'm saying I'm LIMITED and NO other class is. Throwers don't have to worry about ammo.... mages don't have to worry about regs anymore... Dexers have NEVER had to worry about running out of hitting power... But if I'm out of arrows I'm pretty much done doing any damage to anything.
You need to remake your stuff. I hate to say but when I read "I carry ONE balanced bow.... and it doesn't do much more than keep you busy for a short while so I can manage to do what I need to to survive... It's not going to "win the battle" for me....." I knew exactly who was going to lose the battle. Balanced is a must, it provides the chance to cure, heal, refresh and keep your stats up.

Oh wait for PvM who cares, there is no reason you should be worrying about dying.

Last edited:

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... I have to agree with the idea archery needing some kind of boost. Having to reload arrows for pvp and pvm could be likened to not having the option for LRC. Then again Chiv does not have LCC mod - lower Chiv cost. Its always difficult (for me personally) to consider adding another mod to the game as I'm under the impression simpler could be more enticing for new players (kids these days?).

But if something must be done maybe
100% LAC - lower ammo cost
100% AR- ammo retrieval
Quiver that retrieves all arrows
Trust Arrows always recoverable

Maybe different types of arrows. I have an arrow called shattering arrow or something like that in my rare's collection. I don't know but then we would face LAC issues for darts etc.?

Personally I would like to see a simple solution become available and I have not idea at this point what that might be.

Spell Breaker

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... I have to agree with the idea archery needing some kind of boost. Having to reload arrows for pvp and pvm could be likened to not having the option for LRC. Then again Chiv does not have LCC mod - lower Chiv cost.
I do not understand what you are saying here. LRC works with Chivalry's tithing points (tithing points being akin to reagents).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any explanation btw as to why animal form and disarm were only basically nerfed for warriors and not mages?

Animal form I kinda get as it is a casting mechanism (even though it still should have been based on something other then fc/fcr IMO as they are already inherant in mage suits. Hence the imbalance)

But why in the world put a cooldown on weapon disarm and not mage/wrestle disarm? Total bs. Does the team believe that warriors should also have to cram wrestling on a template if they want to disarm? No. So they basically chose to nerf it for warriors only.
I personally hate disarm and rarely ever use it on my warriors but it still is a huge nerf because it was very handy in disarming the ungodly overpowered sc mage wep in certain situations. And anything that makes the sc mage wep even more of a factor is just wrong.

I really like the fact that they listened to constructive feedback and tweaked some of the anti-warrior issues but either way you slice it, this revamp was totally designed to be a warrior nerf and the disarm imbalance is proof of that.

My 2 cents

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any explanation btw as to why animal form and disarm were only basically nerfed for warriors and not mages?

Animal form I kinda get as it is a casting mechanism (even though it still should have been based on something other then fc/fcr IMO as they are already inherant in mage suits. Hence the imbalance)

But why in the world put a cooldown on weapon disarm and not mage/wrestle disarm? Total bs. Does the team believe that warriors should also have to cram wrestling on a template if they want to disarm? No. So they basically chose to nerf it for warriors only.
I personally hate disarm and rarely ever use it on my warriors but it still is a huge nerf because it was very handy in disarming the ungodly overpowered sc mage wep in certain situations. And anything that makes the sc mage wep even more of a factor is just wrong.

I really like the fact that they listened to constructive feedback and tweaked some of the anti-warrior issues but either way you slice it, this revamp was totally designed to be a warrior nerf and the disarm imbalance is proof of that.

My 2 cents
I have said the same all along. They have their heart set on nerfing the warrior for what ever reason, its just a case of damage limitation now. If it was left to Dev team publish 81 would have been written down in history as the publish that ended UO

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have said the same all along. They have their heart set on nerfing the warrior for what ever reason, its just a case of damage limitation now. If it was left to Dev team publish 81 would have been written down in history as the publish that ended UO
Yup.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

While there is MUCH debate on armor changes and no one is in agreement - The above was posted and got 10 Thumbs Up in less than 24 hours. Dev team - how about making changes your customer base can agree on as good ideas? Clearly these would be well received and likely take about 5 min of coding.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm... I have to agree with the idea archery needing some kind of boost. Having to reload arrows for pvp and pvm could be likened to not having the option for LRC. Then again Chiv does not have LCC mod - lower Chiv cost.
Spell Breaker
LRC and LMC works with Chiv, you should give it a try. Are you really trying to tell us you blow through 500 arrows in one fight. WOW it might help if you trained the Archery Skill and maybe you wouldn't miss so often.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not understand what you are saying here. LRC works with Chivalry's tithing points (tithing points being akin to reagents).

Stayin Alive,

BG
Aloha BG!

Hey I gave it a try to see if LRC worked in place of Chivalry points and it did not work for me. I was giving the notice "you must have at least 10 Tithing Points to use this ability".

Thanks for your feedback,
Spell Breaker

Attachments

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aloha BG!

Hey I gave it a try to see if LRC worked in place of Chivalry points and it did not work for me. I was giving the notice "you must have at least 10 Tithing Points to use this ability".
With Chivalry it looks to see if you have tithing points, then it casts the spell, then it goes to spend the points. And at that point it takes LRC into account.

Unless they specifically removed it in, say, the last few years LRC does indeed work with Chiv.

-Galen's player

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LRC and LMC works with Chiv, you should give it a try. Are you really trying to tell us you blow through 500 arrows in one fight. WOW it might help if you trained the Archery Skill and maybe you wouldn't miss so often.

Aloha Frodo!

I am not talking about blowing 500 arrows in a "fight" nor am I limiting the reply to pvp. As you stated before > its about UO which is both pvp and pvm :) Doom for example, one could use 500+ arrows so I would say this is a viable example.

Also BG and you said we could use LRC for Chiv and its really odd for some reason I can not (see included picture in above reply)

Thanks!
Spell Breaker

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aloha GB,

I must be bugged its not working for me as you can see in the included image in the above post,

Thanks!
Spell Breaker
The message in your screencap is exactly the message you get in the situation I have described.

IF you have enough Tithing Points to cast the spell, and IF you are still getting that message THEN you are bugged.

IF you do not have enough Tithing Points to cast the spell, give yourself some Tithing Points. Make it like 1k to be safe. Then cast the spell again.

What SHOULD happen: You will cast the spell and no Points (if you have 100 LRC) will be deducted.

If anything else happens: You are bugged, OR they have changed something and I somehow missed the Publish Notes.

-Galen's player

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The message in your screencap is exactly the message you get in the situation I have described.

IF you have enough Tithing Points to cast the spell, and IF you are still getting that message THEN you are bugged.

IF you do not have enough Tithing Points to cast the spell, give yourself some Tithing Points. Make it like 1k to be safe. Then cast the spell again.

What SHOULD happen: You will cast the spell and no Points (if you have 100 LRC) will be deducted.

If anything else happens: You are bugged, OR they have changed something and I somehow missed the Publish Notes.

-Galen's player

Ahhh

OK got ya! And with that explanition I'm happy to report it does work. Makes me think that its a bug being able to us LRC :D

Thank you for the education!

Spell Breaker

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when are these updated changes coming to TC1 ? It seems that they aren't active yet... and it's "early" in the week...

We need time to test before it gets pushed to prodo shards. :D

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when are these updated changes coming to TC1 ? It seems that they aren't active yet... and it's "early" in the week...

I suspect probably not till friday. They said as early as next week when they first posted about these last week so it might not even make it to TC1 this week :( But hopefully soon normally I donlt bother much with testing but with this publish I really want to. There is certainly a lot we need to test!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

We are hastily working on getting the updates out to TC1....as soon as we get em done and internally tested we'll give a heads up when they are on TC1.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm hoping it's delayed while they change it some more. Right now it's not game-destroying like the first build, but it's kludgy and complicated and I don't really see what the point of bothering was. As it stands, we can now permanently write off dragon armor and all the slow weapons. This is them telling us "Even during a balance pass, we don't care about those things."

The game just feels shabbier this way, like it carries the fingerprints of an amateur. Every time I look at a war mace with it's still-worthless speed, whopping two points of added base damage, and silly elf/tree special that hits the wielder, I'll be reminded that someone actually thought they fixed that weapon. I'll be reminded that everyone who knew what they were doing is long gone.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping it's delayed while they change it some more. Right now it's not game-destroying like the first build, but it's kludgy and complicated and I don't really see what the point of bothering was. As it stands, we can now permanently write off dragon armor and all the slow weapons. This is them telling us "Even during a balance pass, we don't care about those things."

The game just feels shabbier this way, like it carries the fingerprints of an amateur. Every time I look at a war mace with it's still-worthless speed, whopping two points of added base damage, and silly elf/tree special that hits the wielder, I'll be reminded that someone actually thought they fixed that weapon. I'll be reminded that everyone who knew what they were doing is long gone.
So true KLOMP. THe UO Dev team - wasting time on unneeded changes since....well...ever.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So true KLOMP. THe UO Dev team - wasting time on unneeded changes since....well...ever.
It's gotten worse in recent years. For the most part it hasn't mattered since even if 50% of everything they added went to waste due to poor design, at least they were still adding things. We weren't losing anything. Sure pirating may have been pointless and unrewarding, but whatever, you didn't have to do it. Charybdis may have had no loot anyone wanted, but he was a pain to go fight anyway. Ephemeral items were stupid, but you could just ignore them.

But lately they've been sticking their hands into pre-existing systems and it's been hurting the game. The most glaring example is Factions, which they "adjusted" into complete irrelevance. But the way they trashed Tram Despise? Man Despise was a sprawling and logically constructed dungeon with a unified theme, the dungeon that invaded Britain, and the only legacy dungeon to still get plenty of traffic. But hey screw all that, some dev who never played this here Ultimates Online thing before has a great idea for a minigame. (Whoops it's a grief-filled mess.) What's that, newbies need a place to train? Enjoy this mineshaft in Haven with four ogre lords in a pile at the bottom.

Oh and the Virtue changes, enjoy your decay. Who on earth decided that Virtues not decaying fast enough was a problem that needed fixed?

They're just so... tone-deaf. When's the last time they added an item property anyone cared about or used? Splintering Weapon I guess, but besides that it's been a nonstop cavalcade of ephemeral assassin honed evil mana burst garbage. Now they're going to do this thing with balanced two-handers that can't parry. They're going to code them, and test them, and publish them, and they're going to sit on vendors for 5k each, and everytime you see one you'll think about how someone up there doesn't know what they're doing.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are hastily working on getting the updates out to TC1....as soon as we get em done and internally tested we'll give a heads up when they are on TC1.
Thank you for testing internally first, and for throwing them out to us to talk about first as well.

Someone made that suggestion, or something much like it, and it was a good one.

-Galen's player

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well while I agree there is alot more work to be done and it is disappointing more things were not addressed in this fix. I donlt think we can expect that they are going to address all of the concerns in one fix. That being said I agree that hopefully more has been added or will be added to this fix. Hopefully they continue to listen and make changes as well in later fixes. While there is obviously a lot that still needs work *weapons being a big one* this fix was a fairly good one imo. Though some of these changes have me scratching my head. Like why would they add lmc to nonmed armor but not let it go over the cap or the balanced thing with twohanded weapons. Anyway they have shown that at least occasionally they do listen to the player base. Lets hope it continues.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not letting them off the hook for shabby work just because they let us talk them out of the REALLY bad game-destroying part. Like hey devs, grats on listening when told "THESE CHANGES WILL LEAVE YOU UNEMPLOYED" but maybe you could try coming up with something that makes the game better than the way you found it.

Honestly I've been less enthused to log in ever since that first set of notes went up. I figured that even if we talked them down from wrecking the game, there was no way we'd talk this publish into a net positive, and my mind hasn't changed yet.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well while I agree there is alot more work to be done and it is disappointing more things were not addressed in this fix. I donlt think we can expect that they are going to address all of the concerns in one fix. That being said I agree that hopefully more has been added or will be added to this fix. Hopefully they continue to listen and make changes as well in later fixes. While there is obviously a lot that still needs work *weapons being a big one* this fix was a fairly good one imo. Though some of these changes have me scratching my head. Like why would they add lmc to nonmed armor but not let it go over the cap or the balanced thing with twohanded weapons. Anyway they have shown that at least occasionally they do listen to the player base. Lets hope it continues.
Like this. What exactly are you praising them for? The "head scratching" armor changes or the weapons that "still need work?" It's just like "Great publish, except for everything in it. Just thank you for not ending UO with that first stamina system."

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aloha Frodo!

I am not talking about blowing 500 arrows in a "fight" nor am I limiting the reply to pvp. As you stated before > its about UO which is both pvp and pvm :) Doom for example, one could use 500+ arrows so I would say this is a viable example.

Also BG and you said we could use LRC for Chiv and its really odd for some reason I can not (see included picture in above reply)

Thanks!
Spell Breaker
You must have tithering points in your book first. Just put 100 gold in and wear a LRC suit and you will never run out of points.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like this. What exactly are you praising them for? The "head scratching" armor changes or the weapons that "still need work?" It's just like "Great publish, except for everything in it. Just thank you for not ending UO with that first stamina system."
Well the above post wasnt really meant to be a praise the dev team post. Its more of a hey lets be realistic post to the community as well as another reminder to the dev team that they need to continue to listen and that more changes still need to be made. However I guess if I were to "praise" them for this recent fix I would say thank you for listening to some of the player feedback. Like I said before obviously more needs to be done but I think this recent fix does show that they are not dismissing our feedback. I think this fix was actually pretty good I was happy about alot of the changes at least. Like them returning composite bows to 4.0 seconds. Not to mention
taking away the ssi debuff and manaphase thing on armor, removing the timer on refresh pots oh and of course fixing the stamina issue! I like inherant lmc on nonmed armor as well..I just think it doesnt make sense for them to not let it go over cap or to just raise the imbuing cap on nonmed armor. So while once again I donlt think things are wonderful or that all is good with this publish now,I am happy that they seem to be listening.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Did you know, that as an Archer, all you have to do is get more than 1 tile away from a melee Dexxer, and he can't do **** to you? While you're still able to damage him with Moving Shot? As for bows with Moving Shot not doing much damage, against a target with all 70's Resists, the Composite Bow can do 15.3-20.1 damage (16.8 - 22.1 with Quiver) an auto shot/Moving Shot, and that's not considering the +9-11 damage from Hit Lightning, nor the up to +10 damage from Hit Velocity. The Heavy Crossbow can do 23.7-28.5 damage (26 - 31.3 with Quiver) per auto shot/Moving Shot (hard enough to interrupt bandies with every shot), not considering the +9-11 damage from Hit Lightning or up to +8 damage from Hit Velocity. That's a max of 50 damage an auto shot/Moving Shot, almost half a person's health bar, all for the cost of 3-9 Mana a Moving Shot with 40% LMC, so keep trying.
With 50% SSI (Reforge+Ash Enhance) and 150+ Stam (Easy to achieve with imbuing), the Composite Bow reaches 1.75 Attack Speed, and the Heavy Crossbow reaches 2.50 Attack Speed. Archers with top gear, with 60% SSI and 180+ Stam, the Composite Bow fires every 1.50 Secs, and the Heavy Crossbow fires every 2.00 Secs. This is all with the current Pub 80 rules.

If a Thrower equips a shield his hit chance goes to garbage, even with GM+ Parry.
While Melee Dexxers may not have to worry about running out of hitting power, they do have to worry about their target running out of hitting range, which is something Archers don't have to worry about really. For a melee Dexxer, if it's not within 1 tile, you can't hit it. For an Archer/Thrower, if it's within 8-10 tiles, you can hit it (basically, if it's on your screen, you can hit it). Archery requiring ammo such as Arrows/Bolts, was one of the balancing factors of it's innate advantage of ranged.
Speaking of EM Events and Exodus, did you see any melee Dexxers there? I'm willing to bet that if you did, the vast majority of the time you saw them, they were all in grey and going "oOoOoO". The few secs they weren't in grey, they had just gotten rezzed and were re-equipping, preparing for another charge into the boss that would once again result in their insta death. All the while, the Archers are going *plink* *plink* *plink* "Yeah, get some!" *plink* *plink*, boss drops dead, items drop in Archers pack, while the only thing that dropped in the melee dexxers pack was death robes. This is the reason why i stopped bringing my melee Warriors to EM Events, and used my Chiv/Bush Archer instead, or recently, my Thrower.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Like okay, I'm going to try to be real forthright about this. Constructive even.

Hi there developers. 12 year macer here. I can't help but notice you've changed an awful lot of mace fighting specials. That's cool and all, and it's nice to have Shadow Strike off of the club, because god who ever used Shadow Strike? Crushing Blow finally stacks with Bushido Perfection too, so it might actually get used in PVM now.

That having been said, what was your intention with the war mace? You put Mortal Strike on there, which makes me think you want it to be a PVP weapon. But you left the weapon speed at 4 seconds, which guarantees that no one will bother using it in PVP ever. You also put the Force of Nature special from Mondain's Legacy on there, which is just silly, thematically speaking. What does my big clunky Britannian war mace have to do with elves or nature? It's perplexing.

Aha, but now look at the diamond mace. It was also introduced in Mondain's Legacy and is explicitly an elven weapon. It's the perfect place to put that Force of Nature special. It also has a 3.25 second speed, meaning there's an outside chance someone might actually use it, maybe even in PVP! It's certainly much more likely than anyone using a 4 second war mace.

So here's what you do: You swap the current specials on the war mace and the diamond mace. Just swap them completely. Now suddenly the diamond mace is a viable weapon with thematically correct moves, while the war mace is... well it's still too slow to be any good, but with Crushing Blow having been buffed, at least it's better off than it was.

Stuff like this just really bothers me.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like okay, I'm going to try to be real forthright about this. Constructive even.

Hi there developers. 12 year macer here. I can't help but notice you've changed an awful lot of mace fighting specials. That's cool and all, and it's nice to have Shadow Strike off of the club, because god who ever used Shadow Strike? Crushing Blow finally stacks with Bushido Perfection too, so it might actually get used in PVM now.

That having been said, what was your intention with the war mace? You put Mortal Strike on there, which makes me think you want it to be a PVP weapon. But you left the weapon speed at 4 seconds, which guarantees that no one will bother using it in PVP ever. You also put the Force of Nature special from Mondain's Legacy on there, which is just silly, thematically speaking. What does my big clunky Britannian war mace have to do with elves or nature? It's perplexing.

Aha, but now look at the diamond mace. It was also introduced in Mondain's Legacy and is explicitly an elven weapon. It's the perfect place to put that Force of Nature special. It also has a 3.25 second speed, meaning there's an outside chance someone might actually use it, maybe even in PVP! It's certainly much more likely than anyone using a 4 second war mace.

So here's what you do: You swap the current specials on the war mace and the diamond mace. Just swap them completely. Now suddenly the diamond mace is a viable weapon with thematically correct moves, while the war mace is... well it's still too slow to be any good, but with Crushing Blow having been buffed, at least it's better off than it was.

Stuff like this just really bothers me.
What is that big green blob in the middle of your text? :)

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What game are you guys playing in the mean time?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad stamina leech change!!

180 stamina warrier hitting and stamina leech,if 40 damage leech 50% loss,120 damage have stamina leech 65% loss than now.
Its very few stamina leech.(quantity of stamina leech is very down)
And stamina leech 50% is stamina leech work 50%.(remain 50% no work)

Daisho,leafbrade back special ability.
However,we use them, its difficult for bad stamina leech.(daisho,leafbrade.double axe.ornament axe.war axe and more)
Its very hard for keep high stamina.
Melle warrier can use only dagger ?!

If EA surely want to change stamina leech...
Stamina leech number is quantity and work every hit.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh and just for the heck of it I ran some numbers on the DCI thing as it relates to PVM. I'm no math genius so if anyone else wants to go look at the formula and double check me that would be swell. But basically it turns out that it's not godmode. At least not for sampires.

Anyway, currently if you have 120 weapon skill, 45 DCI, and have your target under the effect of HLA, a monster with 120 skill has a 25% chance of hitting you. With 95 DCI, that chance drops to 19%. That doesn't sound like much, does it? But that's actually a 24% decrease in the number of hits taken. Remember you're taking 19 hits for every 25 you would have taken before.

Even that doesn't sound like a lot, given how all-out you'd have to go to hit 95 DCI, but how does it effect your chances of being hit twice in a row? After all, you wouldn't be fighting a given monster if you couldn't shrug off at least one hit from it. It's when the monster gets lucky and chains a few in a row that you get into trouble.

At a 25% hit rate, the chance of being hit two in a row is 6.25%.
At a 19% hit rate, the chance of being hit two in a row is 3.61%.

So basically the odds of an "Oh crap!" moment where you get hit twice in a row decline by a little over 42%. How this balances depends entirely upon how much resist you have to give up per unit of DCI, but for the sake of argument let's assume it's a one-for-one conversion, leaving you at straight 60's resists in order to have a 95 DCI cap. That means a 33.3% increase in damage received. Remember, you're taking 40 damage where someone else would take 30.

How does this shake out? Well for sampires it's a tradeoff with things to be said on either side, but really I don't expect to see too many running around with a 95 DCI cap. If you could just snap your fingers and have 60's resists and 95 DCI that would be one thing, but the expense and logistics of actually stacking that much DCI on one suit are another entirely. Maybe tomorrow I'll do the math on straight 65 resists and 70 DCI.

For archers, throwers, tamers, and casters though, this whole refinement system is an utter no-brainer. Sacrifice as much DCI cap as possible and pump resists, because jeez this is PVM, you're not supposed to be taking melee hits anyway. The few times something goes wrong, your pumped resists will stand you in good stead as you run off and invis or whatever.

So yeah, nice big PVM buff for everyone but melee, or a de facto melee nerf if you're a glass-half-empty type. Again, the specifics depend upon the exact numbers, but the fact remains that only melee needs to really give a crap about DCI in PVM. I really get the feeling they were only thinking about PVP when they designed this.

I guess I don't really see the point to all this. Having a new widget in the game for us to farm is cool, but surely they can think of something else that doesn't turn combat on it's ear like this. (Go look at the "wisecracking talking dog" thread!) If what they really want is for HLD to matter in PVP again, just have it ignore overcapped DCI. You know, something like IF HLD = TRUE AND DCI > 45 THEN DCI = 20.

Or hmm, they might want to keep PVPers stacking as much DCI as possible since it's on so many items now. Don't want everyone just throwing on a couple of items they were going to wear anyway and having all the DCI they need. Even so, that doesn't require them to fart around messing with the DCI and resist caps. Just make HLD a percentage decrease in DCI as they're planning to do and let people keep stacking as much as they can to counteract it. PVPers are never going to lower their resist caps for DCI anyway, because mages.

If they want to increase the overall demand for DCI items, they should just straight-up bump the cap up a little. It's a slight PVM sampire buff yeah, but jeeze, cut them some slack, someone needs to be something besides throwers and tamers. In PVP it won't matter since dexers will all be smacking each other with new-and-improved HLD anyway.

I wish they would get in here and post about what it is they're trying to accomplish, not just send out a list of patch notes from the Bunker of Secrecy and leave it to us to try to read their minds.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aloha BG!

Thanks for your feedback,
Spell Breaker
It works. You still need to have the minimum number of tithing points tithed to a shrine though. Once you have the ppoints tithedthey will never drop with 100% LRC. One of my crafters uses chivalry with 100% LRC and has only ever had 100 tithing points.

It looks like the system:
  1. First checks to see if you have the tithing points available to cast the spell.
  2. Then applies the LRC when the spell is cast, to determine how many tithing points are used.
Go tithe 10 points to a shrine and try recasting that spell with 100% LRC.

Stayin Alive,

BG

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not letting them off the hook for shabby work just because they let us talk them out of the REALLY bad game-destroying part. Like hey devs, grats on listening when told "THESE CHANGES WILL LEAVE YOU UNEMPLOYED" but maybe you could try coming up with something that makes the game better than the way you found it.

Honestly I've been less enthused to log in ever since that first set of notes went up. I figured that even if we talked them down from wrecking the game, there was no way we'd talk this publish into a net positive, and my mind hasn't changed yet.
I don't see many people letting them off the hook. I guess a few. But not many and definitely not me.

The inherent LMC thing is pointless at best (as I have argued) and confusing at worst (as you have argued). The 95 DCI thing is just a big "no," for reasons we've both outlined.

-Galen's player

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What's funny to me is how disproportionately the whole "ML elf/nature-themed specials on classic Britannian weapons" thing drives me insane. Like c'mon, that kinda thing matters. Names and themes and icons matter. Or else all these moves would be called robotic things "direct damage" and "damage over time" and stuff like that.

Galen tell me it doesn't just irk the **** out of you. If anyone else here gets it, it's you.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see many people letting them off the hook. I guess a few. But not many and definitely not me.

The inherent LMC thing is pointless at best (as I have argued) and confusing at worst (as you have argued). The 95 DCI thing is just a big "no," for reasons we've both outlined.

-Galen's player

Maybe I misunderstand, but the regular cap of 45 dci is the same which affects RNG. The 95 cap only applies to HLD.

I'm ok with the inherent LMC as long as they let it stack beyond the cap. I wouldn't go as far as to call it confusing, unless of course, you are dense.

Last edited: