• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 80.0 Comes to TC1

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show me how to make a dress macro in 2d without UO assist please. And before you say 'well everyone should buy UO Assist' - I refuse to spend addional money to a third party to make up for a bad user interface. Its like buying a car without a steering wheel but then the dealer says 'its ok go to ebay and buy a steering wheel for your car so you can drive it'.

I agree that many of them on this list are important to others 'gameplay' but there are too many here that should be the LAST bugs they fix in game with other issues needing addressed first that was my point. I'm not at issue with all of them just the 10-20% that seem like issues affecting no one to very few players. But hey - at least I can cut up hides with my Redeemer, now wait.... where did I stash that 7 years ago????
Dress macro in 2D is easy. Click "log out", log into the enhanced client, and click your dress macro. I kid! No, you're definitely right about this one. If I remember correctly even UOAssist dresses you one item at a time instead of everything at once. This is definitely a change that all 2D players would appreciate.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Players should no longer be able to cut up anything with scissors that isn’t in their backpack"
Why not? Why must I split a 60k leather stack from hunting or purchased with a commodity deed into 600 or more single stacks and cut up each of them? Again benefit solely for scripters.

Otherwise I tend to agree with Theo - this seems to be focussed on true or imagined bugs, but does not remove many of the annoyances in gameplay (which are often not bugs).

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Staff of Pyros now has a 5% chance to summon a firefield on its target when attacking
It is now possible for owners to simultaneously release and retrieve their locked down and secured items using the new “Retrieve” context menu option
Exodus will now destroy all items that block his movement
Items will now sit properly on the arms of the Blackthorn Throne replica
Doors in Luna will no longer have a chance to spawn in duplicate
Flesh Golem has been re skinned and looks AWESOME NOW
Female Guards will no longer spawn with mannish features
Peerless bosses should no longer be able to be spawned more than once

Wow. allot of old stuff and stuff ove been waiting for

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On test, when you fill an eleven chest, or any deeded container and then hit it with an axe, you get a barrel in your backpack that is holding the items but cannot be opened. It is in your backpack and when double clicked gives you the chest with items where you left them. You cannot overload the chest more than you can carry, it will default to the floor.
Thanks for that - I can't get on to test at the moment, I'll try this evening but just in case someone already knows - if you then put that 'barrel' in another container ( if you can!) does it count as one lockdown, or does it carry forward the total number if had when the barrel was itself a container? If in your backpack, is it one 'item', or more? And can you carry multiple of these 'barrels' at once?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this request will come with mixed reviews, but while many people love context menus, they drive me insane. Is there any possibility that we can get a command to handle the "retrieve" function as well -- for instance, "I would like to retrieve this."

I know some feel that text commands are not intuitive either, but, I can put a text command on a macro, which makes decorating easy. I can't put context menus on a macro. But I really, REALLY love the idea of being able to "retrieve" items.

On another note, huge bug push indeed. Very nice... be interesting to see what else gets fixed in the future. :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish pies stacking stood out the most.

Theo
Just some out there that don't stop at the period.......... and think/understand . Then go on reading.
And thinking outside the box means you have left the world that revolves only around them.
What is read between the lines must be truth.
Writing in a second language makes some sound dumb so they must be. There are those that need to dig up their english teacher and tell them "Ggoooddd Jjoobbbbbb, Good Job" Or their english teacher is still living and they just don't know better.

Warforks sold off the weapons smith.

Cursed items at death jumping out of the unravel bag.

Following pets to stupid to walk around a tree or rock. But will up down and around a rat maze just to get at something agroed on them. Say "All Follow" and don't remember way back.

Ahh for the days when could tell your pack horse to fetch something for ya.

Golem training. Spending hands on time training in any skill done a few times before. Should be some way to put skill on character on SAME ACCOUNT that has been done before. Most players have more then one account and/or play on more then one shard. Any skill that does not consume anything in the game. We should be able to copied it off a soulstone. Making a second tamer on the same account should as easy as store taming on stone and new character can copy that skill up to their PS level. A brain numbing skill like taming or swinging a sword will allow shard transfer of that skill on a soulstone. Character that stored the skill can copy it back before stone is transfered. That new character, same account, on another shard can copy or transfer the skill from the soulstone. Soulstone and shard transfer token sales go up. Having a tamer on all the shards someone likes to play on wont take up a major part of ones life. Now for skill like a smith will still need gather ingots before any skill additions made. Skills like lock picking or archery do consume but should get a wave by. Maybe make soulstones also a container/alter. Before a skill like poisoning can be copied. 15 kegs of each level of poisoning would be placed in it for deletion.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
impressive list.

the golem thing is a little odd.
one would have thought that is that was a exploit it would have been fixed 10 years ago when it started.
but then i guess everyone was out hiding while training on golems for the last 10 years........o_O

at any rate its a good fix i guess.
i just wish they would let people with GM tinkering BOND golems so they actually had a use again.
and hey, lets kill off the tinker timer on healing them too while we are at it!

i use to mine with 2 of them (back when they where lower on the control slots) and i would use them as body guards while mining.
sucks to train them up just to loose it all when they die because you cant heal them fast enough with the tinker timer on them.

BUT, thats why we have bondable vollems now.
bonded and you can heal them without a wait time.

again, love the list, definitely a impressive dent.... err.... pothole in the bug list.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on a totally unrelated side note, im selling my Pre-Patch golem's :)

OMG...... i just realized that the underground black market for 100% poison weapons is now gonna die!

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Players should no longer be able to cut up anything with scissors that isn’t in their backpack"
Why not? Why must I split a 60k leather stack from hunting or purchased with a commodity deed into 600 or more single stacks and cut up each of them? Again benefit solely for scripters.

Otherwise I tend to agree with Theo - this seems to be focussed on true or imagined bugs, but does not remove many of the annoyances in gameplay (which are often not bugs).
Must be the same kind of player that has 500k+ stones of crap in a container on their front step. Even before the Butchers and Harvester their was the skinning knife. Why even take hides from backpack before turning them to leather? Mining without a firebeetle? Gathering logs without lightening them as boards before unloading? Price check on a football bat. Any player that is taking logs, hides or ore out of their backpack are doing it wrong. Or something else is doing it wrong for them. Someone that buys 60k of spine hides in deed form is half the problem. The other half needs to be drug from their basement and beat.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Staff of Pyros now has a 5% chance to summon a firefield on its target when attacking
omg yay :eek:

Players should no longer be able to cut up anything with scissors that isn’t in their backpack
i'll miss that exploit :'(

All fish pies are now stackable
sweeeeeet!

Golems can no longer be used to exploit combat training
boooo lol guess people will have to use shame and stuff now

Female Guards will no longer spawn with mannish features
i'm listening...

You can no longer target invisible pets with stored target and target last action
i'll miss that bug :'(...fireball in the air like you just don't care going nowhere apparent 'cause my horse ain't there

Lockdown count for trash barrels will be removed from your house immediately after deletion
does this mean items put into trash will immediately not count as far as total for house? because it's so annoying to have to wait for the trash can to clear.

Despise mobs will all start at up to Level 5
*golf clap*

On Siege and Mugen the effect of the Crystal Ball of Knowledge will be removed if the item is stolen
huh? why?

Mythic Character token will allow you to reallocate 260 stat points if you have raised your points before using the token, otherwise it will only go to 255
huh?

Ship runes no longer go blank during server maintenance when locked down in a player’s house
bout time

Doors in Luna will no longer have a chance to spawn in duplicate
I'll miss you, Atlantic's extra door

All peerless keys that had a timer of 5 hours now have a timer of 1 week (will display as 6 days)
interesting, but I still think it's kind of cray cray. I wonder how many keys you can get in one day. talk about like 200-run Lady Mel days or something.

It is now possible for owners to simultaneously release and retrieve their locked down and secured items using the new “Retrieve” context menu option.
intriguing...is it context only or is there a new text command, too, because context can sit on it, I want a text command :/

Vendors will now charge their fees incrementally over time, instead of once per day.
o rlly...hm

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All peerless keys that had a timer of 5 hours now have a timer of 1 week (will display as 6 days)​
interesting, but I still think it's kind of cray cray. I wonder how many keys you can get in one day. talk about like 200-run Lady Mel days or something.
Be more like how many can collect from Sun. - Fri for a Sat guild marathon boss hunt. Or to buy a set of keys off a vendor for a dreadhorn? Not having to get on a few hours earlier to collect keys for shard run community hunt.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All tamable pets will have their speed reset to default speed
Uh oh...does this mean all the speed hiryus and cu's that people have paid mucho gold for will revert? There's going to be some unhappy campers if that's the case.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golems can no longer be used to exploit combat training​
Love that one. Trained all my warrior-chars in dungeons because I HATED golem-fighting. Will be nice to see the dungeons be more frequented ;-)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Now we have publish 80 out the way, whats on the cards for publish 81?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that - I can't get on to test at the moment, I'll try this evening but just in case someone already knows - if you then put that 'barrel' in another container ( if you can!) does it count as one lockdown, or does it carry forward the total number if had when the barrel was itself a container? If in your backpack, is it one 'item', or more? And can you carry multiple of these 'barrels' at once?
I'll take a look later, but from what I remember it cannot be moved, it has to be double clicked and then you target the spot that you want your storage item to be placed. I do know that if it's an over weight secure, like your resource storage, then the barrel plops own at your feet. I do not know if saiid barrel effects your lockdowns, or if it remains after server up. I will find out this am, as my garden shed is in a barrel stocked full of items, and I cannot place it as my account is not of age.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Mooring lines of ships will now not allow you to board a ship while you are a PVP aggressor

Hope that does not include ship to ship battles at sea.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad to see bug fixes. I should also like to suggest that whether or not the bugs being fixed are the same ones I, or any other particular player, would have suggested or preferred is not as relevant as the fact that many bugs, in general, are (assuming all goes well) going to be fixed or otherwise improved/dealt with.

-Galen's player

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any player that is taking logs
good example, why this is not always possible:
Cutting logs to boards is requiring the carpentry skill - but my lumberjack warrior is not a carpenter.
It also requires tools, which may break during the task and must be remade by a tinker or purchased from a shop. An inconvenient break.
The veteran reward tree stumps also produce logs, not boards, and every character can use them without skill and dump the logs into a bag for a very long time.

Cutting leather needs scissors or special weapons like butchers war cleaver or equipped skinning knife - not each character carries this stuff with him or has it ready in his resource chest. Living on Ice island its easy to hunt down bears or walrus, cut them up and store the leather on the stairs, the same as lumbering from front door if you live in the forest.

Ore? Never has been a problem. You double click the ore stack in your secure chest and target the fire beetle or the forge or the heart of home fire whenever you want. In worst case the ingots drop to ground, but that is easily acceptable.

So because players prefer other ways of handling their resources which do not break what they are just doing they are doing it wrong? Hey, its a game at all, and a game is usually played for fun and not for performing the same time consuming routines for hours.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Golem thing is kinda dumb. Take something that has been in the game for a decade and toss it out the door because there is a belief that it ignores some rule in the game?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please explain in plain English the vendor changes?
What is the base rate?
How much is it if the vendor is empty?
If I keep a vendor for more than a couple days is the price going to be insanely high?
Vendors charge incrementally over time at what rate?
Should I just put up new vendors every day to avoid the price hike?
How much is a vendor going to cost now?
HALP
i think there is no change to vender costs. it is just that instead of taking gold once / 24 hrs he will take 1/24th gold every hour.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golem thing is kinda dumb. Take something that has been in the game for a decade and toss it out the door because there is a belief that it ignores some rule in the game?
There is no risk/reward in that training, it's an old exploit that is now fixed, get over it

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you hunt leather and don't cut the hides as you gather them? They're an awful lot heavier that way, and restrict greatly how many you can carry.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you hunt leather and don't cut the hides as you gather them? They're an awful lot heavier that way, and restrict greatly how many you can carry.
The leather I could care less about the cloth is what will annoy me once I need to restock I normally buy a huge amount like 60-80k to fill fountains resource for dex etc etc..now I'm looking at separating piles and cutting instead of just drag and dropping to bank making one cut and deeding them up..not sure how that was even a bug...oh well I still have about 10k left I'm good for a month or so maybe ill stock up on a mil or so before it goes live..

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All tamable pets will have their speed reset to default speed

No more pre patch CU i guess :(

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Mooring lines of ships will now not allow you to board a ship while you are a PVP aggressor
This applies to non-consensual PvP. It won't affect guild/faction fighting/sparring. Basically this change makes ships obey the same "wouldst thou flee in the heat of battle" rule as houses.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so if you hack a garden shed that a friend placed in your house and a barrel falls to your feet due to being overweight, or more items than you can hold. After server reset, your barrel is gone, and your shed and items are lost forever.

Phoenix, is this intended? A younger player can purchase the shed from a vendor, but once set down by a vet friend, will lose his item if they ever chop it on accident or purpose. Have not been able to see if said friend can access the barrel once it's on the ground.

I also have not retested if it falls to feet regardless of weight and items. I was able to p,ace at first on test, but now it's age specific so have to wait for a friend to place it.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you elaborate this and explain in detail?
Regarding vendors charging their fees incrementally:

Vendor fees are 0.6% per real-life day, plus 60 gp per day. These fees remain unchanged.

The thing that is different is that instead of charging the fees once per day, the fees are partially applied throughout the day. Essentially, whenever anyone interacts with a vendor, it checks the amount of time that has passed since it last charged fees, calculates the pro-rated daily fee amount, and charges it immediately. If no one iteracts with the vendor, it charges the fees hourly. Essentially, every time you open the vendor's user interface, its account will be current with respect to fees.

This means that if you put an expensive item on a vendor, you can watch the vendor's account decrease by refreshing the gump.

Because all vendor fees are always fully paid whenever an item is removed from a vendor's inventory, there is no reason to track the Vending Penalty any more. This also fixes some exploits that allow vendor fees and vending penalties to be avoided.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cutting logs to boards is requiring the carpentry skill - but my lumberjack warrior is not a carpenter.
It also requires tools, which may break during the task and must be remade by a tinker or purchased from a shop. An inconvenient break.
The veteran reward tree stumps also produce logs, not boards, and every character can use them without skill and dump the logs into a bag for a very long time.

Cutting leather needs scissors or special weapons like butchers war cleaver or equipped skinning knife - not each character carries this stuff with him or has it ready in his resource chest. Living on Ice island its easy to hunt down bears or walrus, cut them up and store the leather on the stairs, the same as lumbering from front door if you live in the forest.

Ore? Never has been a problem. You double click the ore stack in your secure chest and target the fire beetle or the forge or the heart of home fire whenever you want. In worst case the ingots drop to ground, but that is easily acceptable.

So because players prefer other ways of handling their resources which do not break what they are just doing they are doing it wrong? Hey, its a game at all, and a game is usually played for fun and not for performing the same time consuming routines for hours.

All valid points for a non exploitive player, sadly it's due to the use of exploits that these measures are put into place, or at least I assume such.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the container add-on "moving barrels":

Suppose you have an add-on that is a container, like the Elven Dresser. Now, you can re-deed it and keep all its contents inside. The "deed" is a barrel that you cannot open. You can't put anything in or take anything out. The barrel is not blessed. But you can pick it up and move it around. It is treated as a container; its item count is the item count of everything inside it plus 1 per container and 1 for itself and its weight is the weight of everything inside it, plus 2 stones.

This means that you may not be able to hold the barrel in your backpack or even a pack horse, if its weight is too high.

You may then use the barrel as a deed, to place the container in a different location. If you can get it there, you can move it to another house. When you place the add-on from the barrel-deed, then all its contents will be unpacked with it.

In addition, it is now possible to use add-on deeds while they are anywhere in the target house. It is not necessary to put one of these barrels in your backpack in order to place the add-on back.

All that allows these benefits:

1> You can now customize your house while it has container add-ons in it. These will be turned into moving barrels and stored in the moving crate. Like other add-ons, the system will attempt to put it back where it was after customization. If it no longer fits, it remains in barrel form in the moving crate. You can use the deed directly from the moving crate to place the add-on along with its contents.

2> You can now easily move container add-ons while they contain items. Just make sure the container is locked down or secured, then chop it with an axe. Then, double-click the barrel and target a new location for the add-on. You can target any location in the same house; there are no longer any range or line-of-sight requirements.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so if you hack a garden shed that a friend placed in your house and a barrel falls to your feet due to being overweight, or more items than you can hold. After server reset, your barrel is gone, and your shed and items are lost forever.

Phoenix, is this intended? A younger player can purchase the shed from a vendor, but once set down by a vet friend, will lose his item if they ever chop it on accident or purpose. Have not been able to see if said friend can access the barrel once it's on the ground.

I also have not retested if it falls to feet regardless of weight and items. I was able to p,ace at first on test, but now it's age specific so have to wait for a friend to place it.
You can lock down or secure the barrel to prevent decay.

If you customize and it goes to the moving crate, it can stay there safely until he can arrange to have the shed placed again.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Clearly the risk of using the item is directly related to the reward. Get over it.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think any of that is actually true, or hasn't been for some time...? You just use any normal axe, double click it, and target the logs to get the same number of boards. It's dependent on Carpentry or Lumberjacking, and only for the higher levels of wood, and doesn't use any of the durability of the axe to convert it. If you insist on using tools and the option in the gump then yes it will... but the replacement for that has been around for years in the form of any old axe...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Vendor fees are 0.6% per real-life day, plus 60 gp per day. These fees remain unchanged.

The thing that is different is that instead of charging the fees once per day, the fees are partially applied throughout the day. Essentially, whenever anyone interacts with a vendor, it checks the amount of time that has passed since it last charged fees, calculates the pro-rated daily fee amount, and charges it immediately. If no one iteracts with the vendor, it charges the fees hourly. Essentially, every time you open the vendor's user interface, its account will be current with respect to fees.

This means that if you put an expensive item on a vendor, you can watch the vendor's account decrease by refreshing the gump.

Because all vendor fees are always fully paid whenever an item is removed from a vendor's inventory, there is no reason to track the Vending Penalty any more. This also fixes some exploits that allow vendor fees and vending penalties to be avoided.
Fantastic!! Thank you for the explanation and the implementation!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The leather I could care less about the cloth is what will annoy me once I need to restock I normally buy a huge amount like 60-80k to fill fountains resource for dex etc etc..now I'm looking at separating piles and cutting instead of just drag and dropping to bank making one cut and deeding them up..not sure how that was even a bug...oh well I still have about 10k left I'm good for a month or so maybe ill stock up on a mil or so before it goes live..
You wont have to drag drop that mountain because it will go directly to your bank. Some of these things seem to be working in conjunction with each other. :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I will test peerless key collection first. I will miss group hunts for keys, but I relish the thought of throwing so many new and unsuspecting guild members into harms way by way of an innocent invitation to go a hunting. Muh hoo hoo ha ha ha ha!:devil:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Does it affect player run auctions with trading items using vendor? Say, for example, someone want to pay for item 10.000.000 gp and auction owner put it on vendor. Winner buy item after some delay, say he need 15 minutes to collect gold and put it to his bank box. How much gold vendor get for this deal?

There was 30 or 60 minutes grace timer before IIRC, does it still exist in pub 80?

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the container add-on "moving barrels":

Suppose you have an add-on that is a container, like the Elven Dresser.

You can target any location in the same house; there are no longer any range or line-of-sight requirements.
That pretty much answers the questions I had about how this could work to rocket up house storage (which would be nice for packrats like me but maybe not the intended outcome!), only thing left that I'm a bit concerned about is could this, as a single 'item', be duped the way other things in the past have... no idea how the mechanics of duping work, but as far as I've ever heard it was used to make multiple copies of single items over time - the potential to make 'copied' 1m cheques or rare items in lots of 125 at one go is a little disturbing, the 'economy' is bent totally out of shape already without that adding in to things, especially if these 'barrels' would be transferrable between shards using pack horses, since I'd heard such transfers was one of the ways to clear out duplicated item ids.....

I'd love the barrels in game if that duping potential is absolutely not there - but if it is, I'd rather live without them.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Items locked down under house signs will be released and moved to the moving crates for classic and customizable houses.
Why this?

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This applies to non-consensual PvP. It won't affect guild/faction fighting/sparring. Basically this change makes ships obey the same "wouldst thou flee in the heat of battle" rule as houses.
Phoenix,

I don't think you answered the question and our concerns about ship to ship battles. This change directly affects this scenario:

During a non-consensual ship to ship battle against another player, not in factions or in my guild, I scuttle their ship and then kill them in hopes of looting their ship as quickly as possible.

With the new change I will not be able to board their ship and loot it while I am flagged which can lead to them getting away or bringing in other characters to defend the ship before I loot it. Thereby adding an unnecessary degree of difficulty and potentially removing a reward of fighting another player controlled ship.

I understand why you would think you need to nerf boarding a ship because of lazy PvPers stacking 100 boats around Fel Yew to house hide on the cheap. I would suggest you find another way to solve this problem. Perhaps look at making the shoreline around Fel Yew similar to the Fishing Emporium where boats are pushed way off shore after ten minutes.