Bringing back Order / Chaos war and removing Factions

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you think about having Order / Chaos wars back in action, and on all facets

• Total voters

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
I don't know about you, but when I heard about this idea from the Producer Letter that was published today, I was rather excited. As long as they allow for the Order / Chaos war rule set on ALL facets, I think this will bring back a lot of momentum with PvP. What do you think?

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 4, 2008
"If" this were implemented it would be great. Remember that caveat "Not set in stone".

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
"If" this were implemented it would be great. Remember that caveat "Not set in stone".
Agreed. This has not been confirmed -- however -- it is still on the table for discussion. Please keep that in mind for this discussion.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 4, 2008
Well I guess I am more reminding myself.....If I could have bounced off of the walls in this office when I initially read it I would have.

Reactions: The Predator

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2008
Order and Chaos won't be like it once was, it would be complete redone and different. The factions had/have alot of posiblies but problay means just directing attention towards them for awhile to get them balanced out and rewarding. Either way, time spent on either or will help the pvp side.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Said it in the other thread and i'll say it here. allow a one time full pardon to reds if this goes into effect. I have too many murderous characters that need access to trammy lands for order/chaos!

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
I would love to see Order/Chaos opened to all facets, but with some special rules for Fel.

For instance, I would like some sort of way to capture a town that is less time intensive than sigils. Maybe a random city flag to be captured that resets every day at say 6pm server time. Then keep shard stats on which side captures more cities for MyUO (assuming that will come back).I would also keep stat loss with a shorter time, but it would only take effect if you were killed in a champ spawn zone or whatever city was eligible for capture. I think this would still provide a way to establish a clear winner for a spawn or a city without discouraging pvp in other places (like Yew). Would like to see some kill points similar to faction, but the only benefit to them would be some sort of title.

I think there are lots of possibilities like these that could really open the doors for some exciting pvp.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
If they do order/chaos they need to let reds in Tram (at least the ones in order/chaos), make it so reds can be healed in GZ if they are in O/C, and make fields and AOE's work in GZ.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
HELL YES! I Can raid Ish spawns now! I remember way back in my FS! days raiding doom and killing Ho Chi Min and his guild. Fun times!

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
If they do order/chaos they need to let reds in Tram (at least the ones in order/chaos), make it so reds can be healed in GZ if they are in O/C, and make fields and AOE's work in GZ.
Yeah they need to figure something out regarding reds. I'd personally prefer that reds can just enter Tram and show as blue until they return to Fel instead of wiping out my decade worth of murder counts.

If they do actually make O/C active again it's going to be very important for them to get it 95% right when it's implemented, otherwise it will turn into another colosussal mess like Factions was/is.

Reactions: CovenantX

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Back to topic though, as much as I would like to see O/C open to all facets every time this topic was brought up with factions it always turned into some type of fel vrs tram flame war. Seeing as how the past discussions always go I fear that while it would be awesome it may never happen if O/C were to replace factions :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I don't know... I'd like to see an Order/Chaos system but if allowed in Trammel and all I'm just really concerned about EM events... I'd hate to have to quit the Order/Chaos thing every time there is an EM event but I just don't want to see EM events turned into a stinking circus either. I see problems with this.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2009
I would want factions AND order/chaos.

There are still a handful of people that took the time to be able to play many shards using faction artifacts.
Getting rid of factions would result in the same thing that happened when they messed factions up and took away all those shards for the players that played on many shards.

I'd love to have it like back in the day, being in TB and Order ect.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
I don't know... I'd like to see an Order/Chaos system but if allowed in Trammel and all I'm just really concerned about EM events... I'd hate to have to quit the Order/Chaos thing every time there is an EM event but I just don't want to see EM events turned into a stinking circus either. I see problems with this.
It's a perfect way to get people to actually participate. Let Order be the normal part of it, and have the Chaos side join the part that fights the players. And well.. the rest can just watch.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2009
Said it in the other thread and i'll say it here. allow a one time full pardon to reds if this goes into effect. I have two many murderous characters that need access to trammy lands for order/chaos!
I think you mean too many murderous characters :p

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Very good point. This could destroy EM Events for all.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
It's a perfect way to get people to actually participate. Let Order be the normal part of it, and have the Chaos side join the part that fights the players. And well.. the rest can just watch.
No it would be a perfect way for someone to destroy an EM Event for all. You know and expect this type of thing when events are in Fel but the player base should not have toput up with it in a Tram rule set. Sorry.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
No it would be a perfect way for someone to destroy an EM Event for all. You know and expect this type of thing when events are in Fel but the player base should not have toput up with it in a Tram rule set. Sorry.
I'd like to join the opposite side even if I am forced to die. I'd still like the chance to kill players for fun in events. Sampiring the same junk gets old doesn't it?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
It's not like it's going to be forced on players that you choose a side. That would kill the events.
I'd like to join the opposite side even if I am forced to die. I'd still like the chance to kill players for fun in events. Sampiring the same junk gets old doesn't it?
If it is a PvP type of event then it is held in Fel otherwise keep it out of Tram rule set. Go grief something else because this is all it will turn into.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 10, 2008
Easy solution is go to the event on a char that is not in the order chaos war. Problem Solved!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
And this is why these ideas are discussed. :)

I think a lot would depend on how it was implemented. I must say I was rather drawn to the fiction idea someone mentioned to explain it, an alliance between Minax and Shadow Lords becoming 'chaos' and one between True Britannians and Council of Mages becoming 'order'.

A side issue has been removed from the thread and addressed.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Easy solution is go to the event on a char that is not in the order chaos war. Problem Solved!
It would not matter what type of char I showed up on because, and you know it will happen, others will show up on thier Order and Chaos chars to try to turn it into an Order/Chaos event and ruin it for all the others. Every time there is a EM event in Fel Factions show and turn it into a Faction kill event, fact. So how do think it would not happen in Tram if Chaos/Order were allowed in Tram. Looks through rose color glass "It will never happen" takes off glasses "OMG why are all these people fighting each other and ruining the event."

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2007
It would not matter what type of char I showed up on because, and you know it will happen, others will show up on thier Order and Chaos chars to try to turn it into an Order/Chaos event and ruin it for all the others. Every time there is a EM event in Fel Factions show and turn it into a Faction kill event, fact. So how do think it would not happen in Tram if Chaos/Order were allowed in Tram. Looks through rose color glass "It will never happen" takes off glasses "OMG why are all these people fighting each other and ruining the event."
So basically what you're saying is, just watching people fight "ruins" events? Does it distract you too much? Does it make you nervous?

The way i see it, EMs should work with EA staff to control their own events. If it's gets too disruptive for them they should do something. They could create a no combat zone. Would that make you happy? Of course it wouldn't.

I can see fighting ruining a fel event because the reds can and will kill everyone. Tram ruleset, if you join you accept the fact you'll have to fight anywhere. If you didn't join BIG DEAL. Watching people fight is in no way shape or form going to hinder your gameplay.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
As long as the Chaos/Order Rules apply in both Fel and Tram (i.e. if I am NOT in Chaos or Order, I cannot be attacked in Fel...) then I would be fine with this.

One should not get to have their cake (reds in Tram) and eat it too (full reign to murder away in Fel and then take that Red to Tram).

Otherwise, either add another slot to your existing account to have a Blue for Tram, or just open an account to have Blues for Tram.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
LOL OK GRIEFERS you win. You want to come to EM Events in Tram rule set and destroy the event just to turn it into a Chaos/Order War have at it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
As long as the Chaos/Order Rules apply in both Fel and Tram (i.e. if I am NOT in Chaos or Order, I cannot be attacked in Fel...) then I would be fine with this.

One should not get to have their cake (reds in Tram) and eat it too (full reign to murder away in Fel and then take that Red to Tram).

Otherwise, either add another slot to your existing account to have a Blue for Tram, or just open an account to have Blues for Tram.
OMG NO you will ruin Fel. LOL GREAT IDEA

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
I love the idea of bringing back Order/Chaos.
I have been asking/begging for its return for many years now.
It is simple and fun.
If you decide to join you are orange no matter where you go.
I dont like the idea of events getting disrupted but imo it is mostly avoidable & a very small price to pay. Especially if the event is in fel.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
LOL OK GRIEFERS you win. You want to come to EM Events in Tram rule set and destroy the event just to turn it into a Chaos/Order War have at it.
Huh?
If you are at your event in Trammel and not in order/chaos how are you going to be greatly affected?
You say the event will be destroyed? How so exactly?
No offense sir but you seem to just have a blind and ignorant hatred of anything or anyone fel related. I feel sorry for you :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
LOL Just look at the replies, just more proof that all they want to do is turn everything into a Chaos/Order War. YEP YEP YEP LMAO Guess I need to move out of Fel.

Last edited:

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 4, 2008
I honestly don't see how this could ruin EM events any worse than they already are. Obnoxious arse heads and treasure seekers ruin these more than any Order/Chaos fight could.

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
{Not Sure}Years ago friend and i made a real shield of Chaos/Order.Just because we both had the same though that if and when we broke the rules of Order Chaos would follow even in Chaos ther are rules u break the rules Order will follow.Hmm like too see more info on this because in the mean time i live my life an play style with both Order/Chaos .Good Luck

Otis Leroy Funk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Jun 13, 2012
Said it in the other thread and i'll say it here. allow a one time full pardon to reds if this goes into effect. I have too many murderous characters that need access to trammy lands for order/chaos!
This blows my mind. Why not just make a new character. Why do you have to have a full pardon?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 5, 2009
And this is why these ideas are discussed. :)
That would be fine if the individual in question had any interest in discussing. He's trolling, plain and simple. You can already have two warring guilds (or members of the same guild) fighting at an EM event in Trammel. Any spillover fighting from Order/Chaos players at an EM event could hardly be considered as detrimental to the event as the current setup where a hundred greater dragons obscure the screen and their controllers spam all kill / all follow me / all stay / etc.

W

Woodsman

I think a lot would depend on how it was implemented. I must say I was rather drawn to the fiction idea someone mentioned to explain it, an alliance between Minax and Shadow Lords becoming 'chaos' and one between True Britannians and Council of Mages becoming 'order'.
Since they brought back Dupre, and since they are bringing back Lord Blackthorn, the fiction should almost write itself for Chaos/Order. Blackthorn = Chaos, Dupre = Order

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
And this is why nothing will ever change in PvP, Factions, or O/C. The people who have NOTHING to do with PvP or Fel just want to sit and complaine about every little thing.

Please inform how how O/C fighting at an event will ruin the event if you are not in O/C? If anything it would help the non O/C players get an item since less people are hitting the monsters.

Please explain to me how letting reds in Tram hurt the non PvP players. Once again it will only help them. I don't know how many times I have been on my red spellweaver and I see 2 4 6 spammed in chat. Well if reds could go to Tram I would be more than happy to help. There have been several times people spam in chat saying they need more people for Stygian Dragon, Medusa, Lady M, Corgul, and so on. I would be more than happy to take my mystic to cross heal when no PvP is going on, but guess what. He is red so that isn't going to happen.

So please explain to me how letting more people in Tram hurts anyone, exspecially when the UO population is constantly decreasing.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Please explain to me how letting reds in Tram hurt the non PvP players.
It won't "Hurt" them. It is unfair to have rules one way and not another, IMO.
Once again it will only help them. I don't know how many times I have been on my red spellweaver and I see 2 4 6 spammed in chat. Well if reds could go to Tram I would be more than happy to help. There have been several times people spam in chat saying they need more people for Stygian Dragon, Medusa, Lady M, Corgul, and so on. I would be more than happy to take my mystic to cross heal when no PvP is going on, but guess what. He is red so that isn't going to happen.
Just ask them to do the Primeval Lich with your Red, and take a Blue to Tram, like everyone else. Not a big challenge to overcome. Just like if I want to go Champ Spawning, I will bring a PvP character to that fight, and not so much a PvM Char...capiche?

So please explain to me how letting more people in Tram hurts anyone, exspecially when the UO population is constantly decreasing.
It helps the people who have chars who like to kill other players against their will that have all their scrolls and armor rolled into a seven slot Red account, but other than that, it doesn't really "Help" anyone.

You would be a lot more help if you either made or maintained a Blue char to go help out all of the Trammies that need the help of a Red...yes? :eek:

And really...before you go all off about how I must be butt-hurt over being killed etc., save your breath. If you want to have a Red in Tram with Chaos/Order, then I want my Blue in Fel, with my choice to join C/O being the determinant if you or anyone else can attack my blue on their red in Fel or Tram...If I ain't orange, then I ain't game....that's fair, right. How would that hurt the game, exspecially since Fel is so dead?:D

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
exspecially since Fel is so dead?:D
If Fel is so dead, as many of you claim, then why do you need to be nonattackable??? If there's no one there as you claim, then go there and do what you want. Do you still play on Pac Surguries? If so I know for certain you can go do all the champ spawns you want all day and night in T2A and you will never see a soul. As long as you avoid the dungeons and Yew gate you'll never see anyone.

Tram crybabies claiming Fel is dead then whining about Fel being full of evil PK's who will kill them the moment they enter. Which is it....cause it can't be both?

Last edited:

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
If Fel is so dead, as many of you claim, then why do you need to be nonattackable???
I am fairly certain I didn't say I wanted to be "Non-attackable" without concession; you forgot that the characters that have exceeded the number of allowable murders (by the very rules of the game, however outdated you or others may feel they are) would be able, reciprocally, to enter Tram as a Red, non-attackable unless Orange to an opponent under C/O, and able to do what they want otherwise. That is a fairly important part of the discussion at hand...it actually IS the discussion at hand...yet you neglected to mention it. One should not have one (ability to take a Red to Tram) without the other ( a Blue able to travel to Fel unmolested, unless Orange to an opponent).

If there's no one there as you claim, then go there and do what you want.
I didn't say "No one goes there". Those are your words. I go there (to Fel on Pac I mean), so that couldn't be a true statement, no matter what. Putting words in my mouth doesn't aid the debate; it simply undermines your position, IMO.

Do you still play on Pac Surguries? If so I know for certain you can go do all the champ spawns you want all day and night in T2A and you will never see a soul. As long as you avoid the dungeons and Yew gate you'll never see anyone.
I do still play Pac. I also play Fel on Pac, personally, to do mining and LJ. I don't care for non-con PvP, so I avoid the areas in Fel where that could occur, to enhance my game playing experience. Doesn't mean I think PvP or PKs are necessarily bad...I just don't care for it. I am sure you can understand that...hopefully. To tell me that the only way to REALLY enjoy UO is to PvP carries no more merit than me telling you that the way I play is the ONLY way to have fun...right? We are different people, with likely very different ideas of what constitutes "fun" for either one of us. Hence the "sandbox" concept that has worked fairly successfully for at least the last 15 years.
Tram crybabies claiming Fel is dead then whining about Fel being full of evil PK's who will kill them the moment they enter. Which is it....cause it can't be both?
Wow. Fel IS "dead" from a population standpoint. Hopefully you can fully acknowledge this fact. Actually, you already did...up above...where you emphatically state that "You won't see a soul"...here...allow me to refresh your memory:

If so I know for certain you can go do all the champ spawns you want all day and night in T2A and you will never see a soul. As long as you avoid the dungeons and Yew gate you'll never see anyone.
You remember that, right?
Now, to fully refute your assertion that I somehow claimed, as you put it:
Fel IS dead, and I am unable to locate any verbiage in my posts that claim anything close to what you say here about my belief that Fel is full of evil PKs. In fact, I actually said this:
And really...before you go all off about how I must be butt-hurt over being killed etc., save your breath. If you want to have a Red in Tram with Chaos/Order, then I want my Blue in Fel, with my choice to join C/O being the determinant if you or anyone else can attack my blue on their red in Fel or Tram...If I ain't orange, then I ain't game....that's fair, right. How would that hurt the game, exspecially since Fel is so dead?:D
Nowhere in my post is there anything as you state.
I have no problem with a Red in Tram with C/O as the means of entry, as long as it works both ways. That is certainly fair, is it not?
I am of the mind it is, most definitely, fair. I am ready to hear your cogent and compelling reasons that my thinking is somehow flawed on the matter.
:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Think about it for a minute. EM Events are special.. the EM's put a lot of effort into the stories and plots they create. They already have to put up with taunting, sassing, and some very nasty stuff already with people standing right on top of them.... people trying to sell things, spam things, casting spells over and over and over again... while they are trying to talk and present the fiction they are trying to get off they already have to deal with "kids" attacking and fighting who are hitting the guildmates and disrupting the event because they aren't paying attention and so they have to reexplain the event over and over.. send make-up gates for whinners who were too busy dinking around to pay attention to what was going on.... and all sorts of other things... adding in O/C fighting would cripple their ability to run an event...

That said I myself would on my main likely join order because it was the "virtuous" thing to do..... however... If it's going to effect BS with the EM events and things like that where I'm always going to have to deal with a bunch of crap when I'm trying to pay attention to the Event and enjoy it for what it is then it won't be worth joining it at all... I have already been to EM events in Fel and it's a stinking Circus.... nothing gets done and it always turns into a mess... many people get extremely upset and the event half the time never actually finishes as it was "intended"... Typically they are overrun by folk who could give 2 ...... about the event.... and are only there to PK.

I can see the same thing happening if O/C were to go all over..... folk coming to the EM events as well as other events held in Trammel and just totally griefing it by just killing folk to kill them.... and then trash talking ..... I'd rather keep all that trash in Fel.... infact I'm sick to death of having to see all that BS in Gen chat day in day out.... I don't go into Gen Chat everyday and recite poetry or start RPing.... why do other folk think I care who did what to who in Fel and how good or bad they are??? Nor do I care to hear all the foul language and insults that drone on and on all hours of the day and night.

And then people wonder why others are anti-Fel anti-PvP...... I love PvP...... in it's place.... when I want to PvP... When it's not zerg PvP or Gank PvP...

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Fel IS "dead" from a population standpoint.
Go pop and work despise right now and you'll find out how wrong you are. I see more people on the same screen in Fel than I ever see in Tram.

As for the rest of your drivel, it boils down to the same old garbage I've been reading from you and the rest of the no skill crybabies:

Fel is dead. I'm scared to go there because of all the PvPers that will kill me. Which is it?
You want to do champ spawns without being attacked. Power scrolls are worthless. Which is it?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Think about it for a minute. EM Events are special.. the EM's put a lot of effort into the stories and plots they create. They already have to put up with taunting, sassing, and some very nasty stuff already with people standing right on top of them.... people trying to sell things, spam things, casting spells over and over and over again... while they are trying to talk and present the fiction they are trying to get off they already have to deal with "kids" attacking and fighting who are hitting the guildmates and disrupting the event because they aren't paying attention and so they have to reexplain the event over and over.. send make-up gates for whinners who were too busy dinking around to pay attention to what was going on.... and all sorts of other things... adding in O/C fighting would cripple their ability to run an event...
This is all BS...

The fact is that the events would not be effected at all. In fact I bet the events would be better because all those people who are "taunting, sassing, trying to sell things, spam things, casting spells" would either be attackable and swiftly killed or... my guess is they'll still be there, not in O/C and nothing will be any different than it is right now.

Find another lame excuse not to support adding O/C being added because this ruining of events is weaksauce.

Reactions: Gorbs and CovenantX

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
If this idea is implemented there will be a number of concerns to address, not least of which are the reasons Order/Chaos was removed before. I don't remember what those reasons were.
There are grounds to believe order/chaos worldwide could be detrimental to organised events, events in Fel have demonstrated that.
Counter to that is the evidence that 'rares collecting' is also detrimental to organised events.
Also there is evidence that an event in a pvp area can go very well, if the pvpers are mature enough to fit their fighting around the event. This happens on Siege.
In truth EM events will always be spoiled by one method or another, because there are certain types of people who get their 'jollies' from deliberately disrupting other people's enjoyment.
If we could please, on this thread, not attack other people who's concerns you, personally, don't feel to be valid?
It is not automatic that someone who doesn't agree with you is mentally deficient, please don't make that assumption, and if you do, don't 'voice' it on these boards.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
This is all BS...

The fact is that the events would not be effected at all. In fact I bet the events would be better because all those people who are "taunting, sassing, trying to sell things, spam things, casting spells" would either be attackable and swiftly killed or... my guess is they'll still be there, not in O/C and nothing will be any different than it is right now.

Find another lame excuse not to support adding O/C being added because this ruining of events is weaksauce.
Obviously you have never done an EM event on GL's. It's totally filled with griefers as is. Last thing it needs is one more way for them to disrupt events because trust me they will.

Already dozens of folk no longer attend the events because they feel it's too much of a circus and they can't follow the event because there are too many griefers there spamming and cursing and everything else that they can't tell what is going on... and they have gotten fed up and left. I don't want it to decay anymore since I've got at least a dozen on ignore as is...

I would love to say that it would be great to allow O/C all over all the facets... but I know how my shard is and I can tell you right now it would completely ruin any attempt to have any organized activities on the shard outside of homes where folk can be tossed to the curb so to speak.

Last edited:

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Go pop and work despise right now and you'll find out how wrong you are. I see more people on the same screen in Fel than I ever see in Tram.

As for the rest of your drivel, it boils down to the same old garbage I've been reading from you and the rest of the no skill crybabies:

Fel is dead. I'm scared to go there because of all the PvPers that will kill me. Which is it?
You want to do champ spawns without being attacked. Power scrolls are worthless. Which is it?
Now you are contradicting yourself. Which is it? Will I "Not See a Soul"?, or is it "I see more people on the screen than I ever see in Tram"?

It simply can't be both, as I have heard it said.

I never said I want to do Champ Spawns without being attacked...UNLESS you are allowed to bring your Red to Tram...THEN, and ONLY THEN would I desire a reciprocal arrangement. Otherwise, I will continue to sell my items acquired outside of Fel to people and just buy my scrolls, as I have for about 13 years now.

That is an easily understood point, yes?

Ah wait...given the recent inability on your part to grasp that "Reciprocal Thingy" it may not be as easy as the first blush may indicate.

Please go re-read all of my posts, Driven. Maybe twice. Then let's discuss, hmmmmm? I want nothing for free...but if Reds get to come to Tram, and are not freely attack-able to all players in Tram (which is precisely what the Reds would likely want, living in Fel all the time), then all Blues should be able to go to Fel with the same considerations.

Any other outcome would be a Red wanting something for nothing.

You aren't like that, are you, Driven?:rolleyes:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
What is going on here?
Events are without question already the most greedy, manipulative and laggy cesspools imaginable.
How does the possible addition of order/chaos change anything as far as events are concerned?
As it stands right now cannot anyone put together as many warring guilds as they like and fight each other at an event?
How will order/chaos change that?
Nobody has shown even one specific and true example as to how the possibility of a few order/chaos oranges fighting at an event can hurt or change what is already possible.
How can anyone play this great game for an extended period of time and be so biased?
You have some kind of weird hatred of tram? Deal with it or just dont go there.
You have some kind of weird hatred of fel? Deal with it or just dont go there.
Its a 2-way street folks. The game has built in so many checks and balances anyone can live/play on any facet and be completely independant and happy.
Saying crap like "everyone who lives in fel is a brat and a greifer" does nothing except make you look like a total idiot. And so far from what I have read in this thread that is exactly the sum total of what the anti order/chaos replies have been :(

Reactions: Specialshoes

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I have been trying to think of things that the EMs on Siege have done to try to make events there run as smoothly as possible. Some of the stuff I've noticed is they made the counselor's hall a no-spell zone and they put up wandering healers nearby, usually in both the red and blue varieties.

If the dev team is serious about bringing back Order and Chaos, maybe they can start tossing out some information now about how they see it working. Here are some of the questions I have now about that system, as it's something that went out of existence just about the time I was starting to play UO:

• Can you join the Order or Chaos side as an individual character and still maintain membership in a guild that is not affiliated with either side? Or is it the case that if the guild leader joins a side, then all characters in the guild also join that side automatically and quitting a side means you first have to quit your guild and then quit the side (i.e., more or less the same process as applies today for factions)?
  • If Order/Chaos membership is enforced at a guild level, how does it affect membership in alliances? In other words and as an example, can an Order guild continue to be allied with a guild that belongs to neither side or that belongs to the Chaos side?
  • Also, if Order/Chaos membership applies at a guild level, will invitations made to join Order or Chaos guilds include any additional warning language to alert potential recruits that the guild belongs to Order or Chaos?
  • Will "young" characters be able to join Order or Chaos guilds? (Not sure if they can even join regular guilds! Have to research that.)
  • As with factions, will all your characters on an account on the same shard have to join the same side or stay neutral, or can you have characters on the same account on different sides in Order/Chaos on the same shard?
  • Where do you join a side?
  • Are there strongholds or bases, or just a sign-up/quit stone?
  • Is quitting a side effective immediately, or does it take a couple of days (the factions quit process today takes 3 days)?
  • While you're in Order or Chaos, can characters who are not on your side heal or rez you or your pet?
  • Can you steal from a character on the opposing side while outside of Felucca?
  • Is there anything like the faction 20-minute skill loss period after your character dies to an enemy character?
  • Are all kills made by opposing sides considered "legal" and not reportable as murders?
  • Does the Order/Chaos system have ranks, shard-wide leaders for each side, voting periods, etc.?
  • Is there a leaderboard of any sort to keep track of which side, guilds, and/or characters have made the most kills?
  • Will joining a side grant you any sort of special abilities or access to special items?
  • Are there plans for the designers/developers and the EMs to create special events built specifically to take advantage of the Order/Chaos system? If so, what's the best way for players who might have ideas about fun organized Order/Chaos activities to submit them?
  • Will the ability to war guilds continue to be available once the Order/Chaos system is revived?
  • What will happen to the faction strongholds, sigil posts and town stones?
  • Will there be any kind of replacement for faction vendors, especially of the reagent and bottle type?
  • Will the team make sure that NPC pricing in faction towns is not left at an artificially high or low level after the faction system is disabled?
  • What will happen to existing faction war horses? Will there be any point in trying to keep them if you won't be able to actually ride them anymore or be able to rez them with bandages without vet skill?
  • Will faction silver continue to have a use? What about faction trap deeds, faction trap removal kits, faction robes, faction-hued clothing and weapons, faction artifacts, faction consumables? Will these get stuck in containers and backpacks or on paperdolls and mannequins after the faction system is turned off?
Those are the questions I can think of now off the top of my head that I'd love to see answered soon, even in tentative form. I'm rather concerned about making sure that if Order/Chaos membership can be enacted by guild leaders for entire guilds and will affect alliance membership, that people get ample warning so they can start figuring out how to reorganize guilds and alliances.

I think it might also help out the EMs if they can start encouraging players to be thinking about activities/events that would be fun to do under the Order/Chaos system. Maybe as things develop for this, Petra would consider putting up a special forum for generating ideas so people are more forthcoming with ideas, especially for events.

Last edited:

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
Now you are contradicting yourself. Which is it? Will I "Not See a Soul"?, or is it "I see more people on the screen than I ever see in Tram"?

It simply can't be both, as I have heard it said.

I never said I want to do Champ Spawns without being attacked...UNLESS you are allowed to bring your Red to Tram...THEN, and ONLY THEN would I desire a reciprocal arrangement. Otherwise, I will continue to sell my items acquired outside of Fel to people and just buy my scrolls, as I have for about 13 years now.

That is an easily understood point, yes?

Ah wait...given the recent inability on your part to grasp that "Reciprocal Thingy" it may not be as easy as the first blush may indicate.

Please go re-read all of my posts, Driven. Maybe twice. Then let's discuss, hmmmmm? I want nothing for free...but if Reds get to come to Tram, and are not freely attack-able to all players in Tram (which is precisely what the Reds would likely want, living in Fel all the time), then all Blues should be able to go to Fel with the same considerations.

Any other outcome would be a Red wanting something for nothing.

You aren't like that, are you, Driven?:rolleyes:

Honestly your "idea" of going to Fel and not being able to be attacked is equal to Reds going to Tram isn't even on the same level, but I guess I will play our game.

You can go to Fel and not be attacked if all reds can go to Tram and attack players out of guard zone. How is that for a "Reciprocal Thingy"? You can go and do all the champ spawns in Fel you want and all the "Evil nasty red PK guilds" will just camp the abyss and make sure no one can get imbuing ingredients so we can control the price of those.