• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem loading Stratics ...

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When loading Stratics on my desktop that runs with google chrome browser I get a message saying ... An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode. Then there is a statement that is click-able saying Complete Upgrade BUT You must be logged-in to do that. when I try to log in it says the user can not be found.

On desk top I use Firefox and it loads just fine. Other machine uses IE and it also loads fine. Any ideas on what is happening?

TY & *cookie hug*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Please completely flush your cache and cookies in Chrome and try again. Report back if you continue to have issues.

S

Sevin0oo0

I get that too, very intermittent.
also at times, page formatting is off, all stretched out, top to bottom, but style color is still correct
and warning: Load jQuerry First

I Flush a lot, just forget to put the seat back up

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't post in IE, I don't get the box to write the message in. I tryed on 3 different computers. In Firefox I have no problems at home but at work, firefox is not allowed :(

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can't post in IE, I don't get the box to write the message in. I tryed on 3 different computers. In Firefox I have no problems at home but at work, firefox is not allowed :(
Do you have the most up-to-date version of IE?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been forwarding every PM we get. It is starting to sound like an IE only issue?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This thread's a little confusing, because Queen Mum and Sevin are talking about a different issue than Freja. Freja's issue is more related to this: [BUG] - Reports of Posting Issues on Stratics Forums | Stratics Forums.

Queen Mum was able to fix her issue by clearing the cache and flushing those nomy cookies. Freja...we haven't quite tracked down your issue, yet. If you look at the thread I linked to, you'll see some were able to fix it by switching themes and others by fully updating their browsers. You're not the only one--there are about a half dozen so far. We're trying to figure out what the heck happened between Monday and today. Sorry for the trouble.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can't post in IE, I don't get the box to write the message in. I tryed on 3 different computers.
Same here, also IE.

The only way I've been able to post anything in the last 3 days is to hit Reply, post a blank post and then come back and edit it. :arr:

F

Feline

This may not fix anyone's problem, but it did fix mine and I had the same exact issues as Freja and Driven.

At the top right in IE I clicked tools, and then internet options (all the way at bottom of list). On the next menu box towards the middle I clicked delete. This brought up yet another menu box. On this box I left everything checked BUT the top one (Preserve favorite website data). This one I UNchecked. I clicked delete at the bottom, let it run, rebooted my comp, opened IE, came back to uhall and hit refresh page and mine has worked ever since.

S

Sevin0oo0

EDIT: I just updated my browser last nite from Seamonkey 2.09-2.10 for multiple CSS issues, ECMAScript 6 and some other stuff.
guessing a special debugging (admin only?) login page is being launched - i thought tweaking was going on behind the scenes was causing that?

Current Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1
Since i've changed on my end, I have to withdraw my issue until it recurs (I'll get screen grabs next time).

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This may not fix anyone's problem, but it did fix mine and I had the same exact issues as Freja and Driven.

At the top right in IE I clicked tools, and then internet options (all the way at bottom of list). On the next menu box towards the middle I clicked delete. This brought up yet another menu box. On this box I left everything checked BUT the top one (Preserve favorite website data). This one I UNchecked. I clicked delete at the bottom, let it run, rebooted my comp, opened IE, came back to uhall and hit refresh page and mine has worked ever since.
Thank you very much for this.

EDIT: I just updated my browser last nite from Seamonkey 2.09-2.10 for multiple CSS issues, ECMAScript 6 and some other stuff.
guessing a special debugging (admin only?) login page is being launched - i thought tweaking was going on behind the scenes was causing that?

Current Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1
Since i've changed on my end, I have to withdraw my issue until it recurs (I'll get screen grabs next time).
This sounds like what Queen Mum was experiencing. Can you confirm that you're going to Stratics Forums and not Stratics Forums We just fixed the latter address yesterday and it'll take some time for the DNS to update. If you're going to the former and seeing a weird page, try the complete cache/cookie clear.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Tried that 2 days ago when this problem first appeared (actually do that about once a week anyways).

But still no luck.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Changes to one of the Flexile Dark themes and it will work

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Changes to one of the Flexile Dark themes and it will work
Yeah that fixes it for me as well. But man is it ugly and now the page no longer fits my 22' screen (There's a left/right scroll bar at the bottom that I didn't have before)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes it's ugly, but I think I can live with the green one until they fix it :)