• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 77.0 Comes to Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 77.0 comes to Origin with tonights maintenance. These are the changes to the Publish 77.0 Notes:
Faction Silver Changes
  • Containers of Sending will no longer accept silver.
  • Silver rewarded for capturing a town sigil has been increased to 750 from 100.
  • Silver rewarded for faction kills has been increased to 100 per victim faction rank from 40.
  • Silver rewarded for faction trap kills has been increased to 100 from 40.

Continue reading...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow that was fast wonder how soon it will go to the production shards.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
usually a week, with no obvious bugs or wrinkles.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope today or tomorrow... For this :

The Awakening – Act VI Quest added
  • This quest will be active during Act VI of “The Awakening” beginning July of 2012 and will end August 12th, 2012. The NPC will tell you how much time is remaining each time you turn an item in on your specific shard.

My vanilla and sugar been growing! ;)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay... I have to admit, this is definitely a step in the right direction to the whole silver/faction arty thing. I won't say for certain that it's enough, but it does show they're willing to work with the system and help adjust. Great job!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*scratches head*

ok.
so, i went onto origin to test some stuff out.
and..... i dont think this is working as intended.

so i log in, all my faction armour drops into my bag.
which is strange, cause it says that even at tier 1 you can wear everything, just it costs more.
but nope, i can only wear tier 1 stuff, everything else wont equipt, and it all changed over to the new faction stuff, moonbeam or whatever its called, and epherial, time span life listed on it. so it updated no problem.

ok, so bug #1.

so i go make a MX guy, take him to brit.
guild mate and myself are there.
we both shoot the new guy, guild mate drops a couple heals on me.
then i finish off the MX guy.
i get 3 points, guild mate gets 1.
- so that is working like it should
then i notice.... no silver! (bug #2)

so then my guild mate kills the MX guy, i take one shot at him (10%)
i get a point, guild mate none.... which is strange cause he did 90% of the damage. (bug #3)
so then i kill the MX again... i get a point. (bug #4)
guild mate kills MX..... nothing again.
guild mate kills MX again.... nothing, no points.
i kill the MX, 1 point.
huh?

k, so i understand they can still hand out 1 point while in stat, but guild mate keeps getting the "recently defeated" blurb, but im getting points.

AND..... no silver.
Silver rewarded for faction kills has been increased to 100 per victim faction rank from 40.
so, to sum up.
i cant wear faction armour.
i get no silver from killing.
and points distribution seems off.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay... I have to admit, this is definitely a step in the right direction to the whole silver/faction arty thing. I won't say for certain that it's enough, but it does show they're willing to work with the system and help adjust. Great job!
I agree, its a step in the right direction. But me thinks it should be around 250 silver per kill or even better make the arties insured by silver and you get the insurance insted of a reward of 100 per kill. That way if the target is fully loaded with faction arties you get more silver.

On Europa there is only around 20 people PvPing in factions. Lets face it with so few people to play with. You only realy get 1 or 2 kills a night and the price of the arites out ways that by 100 times.

Since the changes to factions 2 guilds/factions have all but left Euopa leaving only COM and TB with one guild each. So if things dont change in a postive maner even more people stop playing factions or just stop playing..

A sugestion box would be a better way to change factions rather than the devs just doing what they think is best.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, its a step in the right direction. But me thinks it should be around 250 silver per kill or even better make the arties insured by silver and you get the insurance insted of a reward of 100 per kill. That way if the target is fully loaded with faction arties you get more silver.
Would that lead to people avoiding fights because they hadn't enough silver to re-insure?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would that lead to people avoiding fights because they hadn't enough silver to re-insure?

People are leaving factions on europa, SL have all left factions, Minax have more or less left factions, COM play now and then, but not a lot. Leavening TB to run around with no competition.

The last change to factions rank and the ability to wear faction arties all but killed Factions on Europa. I had 6 chars in factions before the changes, now i have zero faction chars and i have no intention of putting them back in unless there is a level playing field and i don't see it going that way with the new changes coming.

I don't want to farm Silver to be able to PvP. There is no way on earth i could keep up the cost of the new arties on 6 chars all wearing 4 bits of faction gear. It may be cheaper if all your chars are rank 10, but lets be fair here, not every one will be rank 10 and its going to cost them more to keep their chars playing than they can afford.

The cost of the new arties is just mad, a better change would be to let any rank wear any artie and change the cost to insurance for silver instead of gold. Also get rid of the 30 day life span. That way the more arites you wear, the more silver you need if you die a lot. At the same exchange rate for gold to silver the cost would be less than is going to be asked for now.

Its going to end up and expensive change to EA yearly accounts, i am about to close 2 of my accounts down as i have no need for them now that i have pulled my chars out of factions and no longer PvP with them. That just leave my 2 accounts which both hold castles on different shards. But i am beginning to wonder if its even worth keeping them open. No one to PvP with on my home shard = no fun for me, which leave me questioning why i am keeping my accounts live.
To be fair i would rather they just took the arties out of factions all together, that would make things a level playing field and give more power to the blues tramies doing doom. If there were no faction arties PvPers would once again be forced to wear doom arties, which would revive doom hunting again for the blues. The blue tramies can then spend their doom gold on Scrolls and replicas which the fell guilds get and each side (fell/tramel) feeds each other.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( One of the newer changes is sort of to promote pvp in the dungeons. If silver farmers can't post the silver to the bank, then it's worth the effort to look for them and relieve them of it? Also would farming silver be less boring if it was possible, or even probable, that someone may come along intending to take it from you?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( One of the newer changes is sort of to promote pvp in the dungeons. If silver farmers can't post the silver to the bank, then it's worth the effort to look for them and relieve them of it? Also would farming silver be less boring if it was possible, or even probable, that someone may come along intending to take it from you?
Its been my experance that people who dont PvP hate to lose there hard erned loot to a PK er and after a few deaths they just stay away from the area they are getting killed. There will be no one farming silver if they just get it taken from them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope today or tomorrow... For this :

The Awakening – Act VI Quest added
  • This quest will be active during Act VI of “The Awakening” beginning July of 2012 and will end August 12th, 2012. The NPC will tell you how much time is remaining each time you turn an item in on your specific shard.
My vanilla and sugar been growing! ;)

What is this Quest for ? Anyone got a link either on Stratics or UOGuide which explains what it is about ?

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am going to say that I'm pretty much done with Factions and have been for some time. Of course when they changed the system and dropped all the points I replaced all the faction stuff I had with real stuff for the most part. At the rate of Silver needed I won't be going back to using it either.

As far as the farming of silver gaining anyone PK chances well... I rather doubt it. I'm pretty sure that more often than not anyone who had been using faction arties before quit when they changed things and I seriously doubt with the new properties of the moonwhatever ephemeral stuff will make folk flock back to Factions.

Fundamental changes to the way factions work might encourage folk to return to factions. No one wants or can spend so many hours defending a base anymore..... first off there aren't enough players to do it very well anymore... some bases now have insane advantages over others... And just in my opinion there ought to be HUGE penalties suffered to people that kill their own faction members. (ie spies that are in both factions and kill the other faction from the inside using the runes to recall right in behind .... this was rampant on my shard and made defending all the more impossible. Oh and Yes it is possible to be in 2 different factions on the same account. And it's always possible to be in more than one faction if you have more than one account). But in my opinion helping the "enemy" ought to have it's penalties.

But for me in general being a murderous PK ought to have some real penalties as well as Perks..... but there are no real incentives to killing PK's or everyone would be doing it. As for perks of being a PK I guess that's the joy of killing.

S

Sevin0oo0

people who dont PvP hate to lose there hard erned loot to a PK er and after a few deaths they just stay away from the area they are getting killed.
There will be no one farming silver if they just get it taken from them.
I'm easily confused... "people who don't pvp" shouldn't be in factions, getting silver, eh? but yeah, i don't pvp, so i stay out of Fel.
imo, factions shouldn't be out "farming", they should be out "fighting" - if you're scared, take your buds to hold your hand and defend against them evil PK'rs.

Stoopid question... Can silver be looted/stolen by a NON-faction, and if so, should they be able to?
2nd Stoopid question... Bag of Sending. It was named similar in their other post, is this an official name change to "Container of sending"?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm easily confused... "people who don't pvp" shouldn't be in factions, getting silver, eh? but yeah, i don't pvp, so i stay out of Fel.
imo, factions shouldn't be out "farming", they should be out "fighting" - if you're scared, take your buds to hold your hand and defend against them evil PK'rs.

Stoopid question... Can silver be looted/stolen by a NON-faction, and if so, should they be able to?
2nd Stoopid question... Bag of Sending. It was named similar in their other post, is this an official name change to "Container of sending"?
Many of the current silver farmers are blue tramies who only join factions to farm silver to sell to factioneers

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe they may have said 'container' to include also the chest from the gothic theme pack.

The idea was to promote pvp in the dungeons, actually fighting over the silver.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of the current silver farmers are blue tramies who only join factions to farm silver to sell to factioneers
My understanding was that many of these are AFK cheaters, so driving them out would be desireable?

S

Sevin0oo0

thanks to the both of you, i'd forgotten about the chest, but even w/o that, they still have to leave the area to make a deposit, which I think that was the main complaint - i say well done.
As a soldier of fortune, selling silver to the highest bidder adds RP, imo - they're in fel, and faction, 2 reasons to fight and die, seems fair.

On earlier posts,
I think Faction should have no-drop runes to 'inside' their base, recall only, no gates?. Surprised they're not in rune librarys - fully marked Bases
They need a way to deal w/ traitors/backstabbers, since they're supposed to be there to kill Other faction members.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been my experance that people who dont PvP hate to lose there hard erned loot to a PK er and after a few deaths they just stay away from the area they are getting killed. There will be no one farming silver if they just get it taken from them.
This more harks back to the old days as insurance has, for the most part, done away with loss. This said I will wait and see if there is any increased faction fighting.

As Poo commented it might just be a even worse state that we are in. Truelly hindsight makes me wish that nothing had changed not that I personally was calling for this "feature". The loss of players who have either left factions, Fel or the game is clear and shocking. This was and is a total screw up.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe they may have said 'container' to include also the chest from the gothic theme pack.

The idea was to promote pvp in the dungeons, actually fighting over the silver.

There are only a few places to farm silver, and they are all solo spots. It will not promote PvP in Dungeons, one because most PvPers dont want to farm PvM to get the silver in the first place. Collecting silver is one of the more thankless tasks in the game. Second their current update to the silver drops goes some way towards remedying that but its still not enough. Then they go and take away the only way a silver farmer can farm in relative safety (bag of sending). So its another nail in the coffin for Factions i guess.

They need to drop the price of the arties and get rid of the 30 day timer on them or extend it to a 6 month timer. And as its been pointed out, loads of people have now left factions and replaced their faction arties with doom ones
If i remember correctly, the faction arties were put in to help those players who wanted to PvP but could not afford the price of all the doom arites, thus stopping them from being able to compete. Now they are making it so that even the factioneers cant afford the faction arties

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On earlier posts,
I think Faction should have no-drop runes to 'inside' their base, recall only, no gates?. Surprised they're not in rune librarys - fully marked Bases
Sevin, the runes are a faction consumable, I believe one-use only so they'd never work in a rune book, that takes you to the inside of your faction's stronghold and were added to the game at the same time as the faction artifacts. I'm pretty sure you can't gate into the stronghold using them (you can't cast gate spell from inside a stronghold either). I never really cared for the runes because they do make it too easy for "pretenders" (your enemy's alts planted in your faction) to get behind your defenses, as Malag mentioned. Before they were introduced, if your faction was doing a defense and the enemy was outside on your doorstep and you wanted to get into the stronghold, you had to work together to figure out how to get in. Draw the other side off with a ruse, maybe, or start a fight and hope to slip in unnoticed. Now with the runes, any character that has joined your faction, regardless of their fighting ability or true alliance with factions, can just recall right into the stronghold. I much preferred it when whoever got in the stronghold first and was able to control the way in could challenge all comers, regardless of what color they were.

The runes are definitely "easy mode." I think on Siege they have also been a problem because they let someone recall away without leaving up a gate to follow them through.

/thread detour

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I guess you better give the devs a break on that one and lay the blame at my door
[UO Herald] Publish 77.0 Comes to TC1 | Page 3 | Stratics Forums
I have killed a few silver farmers at the spots where it could be farmed, and not once did i come across an AFK Macroing farmer. Well not since they changed the rules where it dropped in your bag even when you were dead.

I chased off one silver farmer two nights ago with my red, it was funny i was on a naked stealth archer and he still ran away. I was a two shot kill but no rather than fight a naked archer he ran, never to bee seen again. Or atleast not in the last few days

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've verified on Origin that bags of sending don't work for sending silver to the bank. Tested it with both faction and non-faction characters in both Fel and Trammel, but don't have a chest of sending to test with.

When you try to send the silver with a bag of sending, you get the message, "The bag of sending rejects that item."

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UMMMM
:confused: How does a Blue Trammie farm Faction Silver? If he is Blue, in Fel and in Factions wouldn't that make him a Blue Fellie. Or do you have to be red to be considered a "Fellie".
UMMMM
:D

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why on earth does the Dev team not actually join and do the work that they suspect that we all will be pleased with? If there was 5 people in thier "guild" and they played for 5 hours a week as a group or solo the amount of insight they would gain from just that small time would be amazing and game changing. It could be done during the 40 hour work week with no complaints from me, thier indirect boss and indirect employer.

It would be a truely helpfull process not only for factions but PVP in general, PvM and the bosses, all the grinding quests, crafting, sea "warfair" and everything else that I have not listed. Sigh.

S

Sevin0oo0

can just recall right into the stronghold. I much preferred it when whoever got in the stronghold first and was able to control the way in could challenge all comers, regardless of what color they were.
So a base/entrance can be under siege, and others can just recall inside, easy button bypassing the mob outside? how is that realistic?

->> Winker - "Then they go and take away the only way a silver farmer can farm in relative safety (bag of sending)."
safety in fel? lol - might as well be in tram.
I would like to hear ideas on silver costs tho, devs often go a little extreme on numbers. Removing "safety" in farming increased its value, I'd think, impacting costs of certain expenditures, which may or may not have been taken into consideration when pricing.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
->> Winker - "Then they go and take away the only way a silver farmer can farm in relative safety (bag of sending)."
safety in fel? lol - might as well be in tram.
Insurance in fel? Might as well do away with tram ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed on Origin: Returning a corrupted sigil (in my case, one that another thief stole and put in the stronghold for corruption) nets the returnee 10 kill points and 750 silver.

I made some screen shots of the vault gump on Origin (using a rank 1 character) and on another shard for comparison purposes. Will post those shortly. One thing I noticed on the very first page of the gump on Origin is that you can no longer donate threads of ether.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screen shots of faction vault gumps from Origin (beige background) and Sonoma (blue background) within the last hour or so, using elven rank 1 characters. In addition to price changes for the armor/spellbooks/talismans, you can no longer donate the threads of ether, there's no more powder (makes sense) and morph earrings have doubled in price.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in their right mind going to farm all the silver required to upkeep the faction artifacts?

The costs are way over the top and then they need to be replaced every 4 weeks to boot?

Who comes up with this stuff?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why on earth does the Dev team not actually join and do the work that they suspect that we all will be pleased with? If there was 5 people in thier "guild" and they played for 5 hours a week as a group or solo the amount of insight they would gain from just that small time would be amazing and game changing. It could be done during the 40 hour work week with no complaints from me, thier indirect boss and indirect employer.

It would be a truely helpfull process not only for factions but PVP in general, PvM and the bosses, all the grinding quests, crafting, sea "warfair" and everything else that I have not listed. Sigh.
I suggest you revise your estimate of the length of the teams' working week - drastically.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who in their right mind going to farm all the silver required to upkeep the faction artifacts?

The costs are way over the top and then they need to be replaced every 4 weeks to boot?

Dont be bad, get rank, and boom the prices were just like they used to be.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is the case than 5 hours is even less of a effort than I had thought. 5 hours is equal to 12.5% of collective time spent evaluting the impact of the actions they give to us. I believe that it is in everyones best intrest to create a lasting game for us the players to get enjoyment and for the team who recieve a sense of pride and a paycheque.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Out of curiosity, I did a few calculations.

If you have faction thief and can guarantee that you're the only person in your faction who will ever return the sigils to town and you always pick them up as soon as they are purified and always return them on time, under these new rules you could potentially make 52,500 silver in 30 days and earn your thief 700 kill points (750 silver per sigil *7 sigils * 10 times per month = 52,500 silver) (10 kill points per sigil * 7 sigils * 10 times per month = 700 kill points).

If you can find top-ranked enemies to kill that you haven't killed recently and the tithing rate is set to 0%, under these new rules you'd potentially get 1000 silver from the kill if you do it solo, as it's 100 silver per rank. I guess the least you would get for an eligible kill (if tithing rate is 0%) is 100 silver. If the CL set the tithing rate to 100%, then of course you get no silver at all.

If you are working with others, it's not clear how things will go. The original notes said "eligible participants will receive 40 silver for each kill." Then silver for kills was increased to 100 per enemy faction rank. There's nothing that clarifies if there's only one silver payment per kill, doled out between killer and assisters, or if killer and assisters each get the same amount. If you killed a rank 10 enemy no one had killed recently, would the player who made the kill shot and each assister (up to 3) get 1000 silver? Or would the rules for determining who gets the kill points also be applied to the silver award and it would be split between the killer and the assisters, e.g., for a 1000 silver kill and with 3 assisters, the killer would get 550 silver (400 +150) and each of the three assisters would get 150 silver?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Confirmed on Origin: Returning a corrupted sigil (in my case, one that another thief stole and put in the stronghold for corruption) nets the returnee 10 kill points and 750 silver.

I made some screen shots of the vault gump on Origin (using a rank 1 character) and on another shard for comparison purposes. Will post those shortly. One thing I noticed on the very first page of the gump on Origin is that you can no longer donate threads of ether.
you weezed my faction points!!!!
point stealer!!!
running my hard earned sigils!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
less effort??!!
Btw, how much time did you spend on test center checking out the changes and giving them feedback they can work with?

It might be a little easier for them to come up with something if the players could actually agree on something - anything!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be a little easier for them to come up with something if the players could actually agree on something - anything!
If it came to a vote, i would go with getting rid of faction Arties. Lets all use the same Doom/peerless arties again. Give some power back to the PvMer again

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are working with others, it's not clear how things will go. The original notes said "eligible participants will receive 40 silver for each kill." Then silver for kills was increased to 100 per enemy faction rank. There's nothing that clarifies if there's only one silver payment per kill, doled out between killer and assisters, or if killer and assisters each get the same amount. If you killed a rank 10 enemy no one had killed recently, would the player who made the kill shot and each assister (up to 3) get 1000 silver? Or would the rules for determining who gets the kill points also be applied to the silver award and it would be split between the killer and the assisters, e.g., for a 1000 silver kill and with 3 assisters, the killer would get 550 silver (400 +150) and each of the three assisters would get 150 silver?
Example :
Players A, B, & C are in SL and are all rank 1.
Player D is in TB and rank 10.
Players A, B, & C together kill Player D. Players A, B, and C will receive 1000 silver each if they are eligible.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Example :
Players A, B, & C together kill Player D. Players A, B, and C will receive 1000 silver each if they are eligible.
*pokes* Why do you keep logging on ATL looking at SL base!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Example :
Bleak, can you confirm the "eligibility" criteria for getting silver? Is it just number of other enemy characters you've killed since the last time you killed "D," or is "eligibility" for receiving silver also based on how much damage you caused while killing D, how much damage you healed on yourself and the other players killing D, and how much damage you took from D?

And if any one or more of A, B, and C isn't eligible to receive silver, will that preclude any of the others from also receiving silver?

And with regard to faction trap kills, what are the eligibility criteria? (Length of time/intervening enemy kills since a trap you placed last killed the victim and/or something else?)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont be bad, get rank, and boom the prices were just like they used to be.
This is not true. Assuming a player is "not bad" and gets rank, they would still have to spend 5000 each month for each of the top artifacts.

You can make an argument that for someone who incurred extreme durability loss the cost is actually cheaper now, but I would expect for the vast majority having to replace each artifact every 30 days represents a much larger cost than under the old system.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't want to farm the silver, either buy it from someone or do without.

Not really any different than other situations in UO. If you aren't willing to do what it takes to get it yourself- pay someone else to do it or go without.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
City Trade Ministers on Origin appear to be willing to take the following items:

• Boards (I donated regular and ash, so presumably all types are accepted.)
  • Ingots (Donated regular and shadow, so presumably all types are accepted.)
  • Hides (Didn't test.)
  • Cut Leather (Donated both regular and spined, so I imagine horned and barbed will be accepted as well)
  • Cuts of Ribs (Didn't test.)
  • Baked Bread (These were accepted.)
  • Crab (Didn't test.)
  • Lobster (Didn't test.)
  • Fish Steaks (Only seems to take raw ones. Rejected a cooked one. Also doesn't seem to take whole fish.)
  • Bows (Took regular bow, but not a composite bow. Didn't have any yumis to try.)
  • Crossbows (Took a crossbow, but not repeating or heavy crossbows.)
  • Potions ("simple" ones, whatever that means. I was able to donate all levels of heal, poison, agility, cure, refresh, strength, confusion, explosion, conflagration, and nightsight potions. My Origin alchemist hasn't learned any alchemy recipes yet, so I couldn't try donating anything that requires learning a recipe first.)
  • Dogs, cats, cows, goats, horses, sheep, pigs, chickens. (Not tested yet.)
Putting something in the crate that isn't needed bounces it back to your pack with a message, "Your generosity is appreciated but the City does not require this item." Putting something that is wanted in the crate gets you a message, "Your deeds in the city of ___ are worthy of praise." Unfortunately, there's no way to effectively judge the relative value of contributions other than probably just donating various things and seeing over time what bumps your town loyalty up the quickest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Handing in BODs on Origin in a city where you can earn loyalty only gives you a message, "Your deeds in the city of ___ are worthy of praise." There's nothing said to indicate the relative value in loyalty terms of any particular BOD you turn in.

The tailors and blacksmiths in Magincia on Origin are still just standing on the grass along with a loom and spinning wheel. There is no forge and there's no anvil. The new "Tinderbox Smithy" in Yew is in the same building with the carpenters' Bloody Thumb Woodworks. (Apparently the carpenters, being the first tenants of the building, get two signs outside, while the newcomer blacksmiths only get one.) The new tailor shop in Yew shares space with the tanners' shop. And in Minoc, the tailoring crew squeezed themselves in with the provisioners and cobblers, near the bank. I'm sure they'd feel slightly more welcome, though, if the provisioners would remove the lantern that's hiding their sign.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not true. Assuming a player is "not bad" and gets rank, they would still have to spend 5000 each month for each of the top artifacts.
lol? And you get 100 silver per kill. You mean to tell me, you wont have enough silver after 30 days?

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Putting something that is wanted in the crate gets you a message, "Your deeds in the city of ___ are worthy of praise." Unfortunately, there's no way to effectively judge the relative value of contributions other than probably just donating various things and seeing over time what bumps your town loyalty up the quickest.
*Sigh*

STILL no numeric indicator of your standing like there is with Garg loyalty?

Why do they want to keep this a secret? Please add it, Devs!