• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rest in Peace.....

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
R.I.P.​
Just want to share 1 sneek peak Screenshot of my News report that i will write later on the Exodus Event for Quest and Event News.
Fighting and taking pictures is not easy!​
The Knight right under Exodus in the Virtue armor and white shield is a crazy reporter who asked Exodus a moment to stop and uhm..... smile? for the camera. ;)
Some of the reporters take there "job" very serious and do anything for a nice picture.​
I hope you will enjoy the story and screenshots i took when i'm finished.​
Just want to share this amazing one ( I find that) i took in the middle of the battle on Drachenfels!​
Please don't change this threat in another discussion about the scroll or lag or EC/CC debate.​

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed seeing it in person. I wish we had good ways to immortalize these incredible unique art assets. Thank you.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the EC and CC alike, I can say but one thing about Exodus:

He was everything I expected out of the physical form of Exodus and more.

Very well done on the rendition, the difficulty, and the absolute epic nature of this event!

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was impressed by Exodus too. And he was huge! So I wonder how the guardian will end up looking... =P

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told you Exodus was coming back. Right before UO: LBR launched, we had an event on Napa where a black, spiky tower was appearing next to Lord British's Castle, and Gazers and crap was spawning out of it. We watched parts and pieces of the tower suddenly appear, as if it was rising out of the ground. It was Exodus' Tower. Then, the whole thing got started with a bang as LBR finally launched, and Juka, Chaos Dragoons and Automatons laid siege to Yew, and it was transformed into a swamp by the Meer's failed "Decay" spell. The event arc went on for quite awhile, until it ended with a rather anti-climatic end. The EMs just dumped Lord Blackthorn in the Serpent's Hold Councilors Guild, opened a gate in the throne room, and told us to go kill him. After that, Exodus just dissapeared, we didn't hear from him again.
Now, with this current event, Exodus himself suddenly shows up, and get's killed off immediately. Pretty anti-climatic there too.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Very well done on the rendition, the difficulty, and the absolute epic nature of this event!
Wow, 2 in one night! I can only take credit for designing his look, obviously everything else was the result of the combined hard work of our designers, Mesanna, and our amazing EMs. Congrats to all of you for pulling these events off!

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I told you Exodus was coming back. Right before UO: LBR launched, we had an event on Napa where a black, spiky tower was appearing next to Lord British's Castle, and Gazers and crap was spawning out of it. We watched parts and pieces of the tower suddenly appear, as if it was rising out of the ground. It was Exodus' Tower.
Uhm.. This tower was built by Nystul and Clainin to reveal Exodus' scouts in Britannia (golems and controllers). After it was built and activated, the controller towers became visible for players to destroy by solving the puzzles. When the tower was being built there were monster attacks on the castle trying to sabotage it.

This BNN story from 2001 is about the tower.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anybody lored it to see what resist is lowest?
Also does it do that life taint damage thing back on sampires?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exodus was one bad ass MOB..I wish there was more MOBs as detailed with such awesome abilities..btw the graphic for the fractured gate in CC is seriously cool..

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exodus was one bad ass MOB..I wish there was more MOBs as detailed with such awesome abilities..btw the graphic for the fractured gate in CC is seriously cool..
Wicked! That artwork I actually did myself (kinda rare these days), so I'm really glad you like it!

Edit: The artwork that I did myself is the broken moongate, not Exodus - sorry if there was any confusion!

-Grimm

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC Exodus resists were all 90. I think. I could be mistaken, I was running for my life most of the time lol

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aye! Thanks! Well done!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice concept of the creature, but too much zoom on the picture that highlight the high definition of the game graphics... I suggest to use less zoom or you shame the creator of other games with such amazing image quality :lol:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice concept of the creature, but too much zoom on the picture that highlight the high definition of the game graphics... I suggest to use less zoom or you shame the creator of other games with such amazing image quality :lol:
Thats strange that you say that, i'm using the zoom thet the ECProfilemanager is telling me to use for optimal.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats strange that you say that, i'm using the zoom thet the ECProfilemanager is telling me to use for optimal.
the zoom is optimal, but that creature is too big, so for that creature you should zoom up a bit... as you can see the creature looks blurry and pixellated :/
I wonder why adding a low definition creature if the plan is going to hd :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the zoom is optimal, but that creature is too big, so for that creature you should zoom up a bit... as you can see the creature looks blurry and pixellated :/
I wonder why adding a low definition creature if the plan is going to hd :p
Last thing on my mind was trying to get the perfect picture when i saw him. it took several atempts to even have him facing like that without too much other stuff going on. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
IIRC Exodus resists were all 90. I think. I could be mistaken, I was running for my life most of the time lol
Yes they were, I lored it.

Grimm...omg....that's really all I have to say...I was never able to get a good clear shot of him like Frarc did, by the way Frarc AWESOME SCREENSHOT! WOW!

Here's what I got :/ AS I was running for my life lol and chasing him cus he ran FAST. I wanted to get shots of his effects too and he's all red cus I had him targeted MOST of the time.

http://i50.***********/awz0qo.png

http://i46.***********/2zf61dy.png

But yeah Grimm...MAJOR kudos on the artwork...MAJOR kudos...I think the first thing I said when I saw it was OMG HE LOOKS SO COOL! then I died :/ lol

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was never able to get a good clear shot of him like Frarc did, by the way Frarc AWESOME SCREENSHOT! WOW!

Think i worn out my print screen key to just get one shot of him without he was red or too much going on around him! ;)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Think i worn out my print screen key to just get one shot of him without he was red or too much going on around him! ;)
Every good photographer knows, if you are looking for one good shot, you should be taking at least a few dozen... :)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey! Thanks for all that, everyone! You guys are giving me an awesome Monday! If you haven't already, be sure to let the designers know how much you loved fighting him, they're the ones who make our creatures fun to fight!

-Grimm

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey! Thanks for all that, everyone! You guys are giving me an awesome Monday! If you haven't already, be sure to let the designers know how much you loved fighting him, they're the ones who make our creatures fun to fight!

-Grimm
Psst.. Grimm... Tell the designers to come here, read and post?
Hum?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm.. This tower was built by Nystul and Clainin to reveal Exodus' scouts in Britannia (golems and controllers). After it was built and activated, the controller towers became visible for players to destroy by solving the puzzles. When the tower was being built there were monster attacks on the castle trying to sabotage it.

This BNN story from 2001 is about the tower.
Lol, yeah. It's been 11 years since that happened, so my memory wasn't exact on the purpose of the tower.

I got all 90s when I lored it too.
Yeah, i think so. i do think his Physical Resist was a bit higher though. On my Gargoyle Thrower, i was doing 10 damage a hit to him, 20 damage with Con Wep up, and 120-130 damage with AIs.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they were, I lored it.

Grimm...omg....that's really all I have to say...I was never able to get a good clear shot of him like Frarc did, by the way Frarc AWESOME SCREENSHOT! WOW!

Here's what I got :/ AS I was running for my life lol and chasing him cus he ran FAST. I wanted to get shots of his effects too and he's all red cus I had him targeted MOST of the time.

http://i50.***********/awz0qo.png

http://i46.***********/2zf61dy.png

But yeah Grimm...MAJOR kudos on the artwork...MAJOR kudos...I think the first thing I said when I saw it was OMG HE LOOKS SO COOL! then I died :/ lol

Yeah now that's the artwork I was wanting to see! Seriously the art is getting better and better =) Wtg Grimm, Mesanna and the others who still make UO worth logging into!

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a few pictures but this one was the only one that came out ok. I got a good one of the fractured moongate and bits of Ver Lor Reg though.

I thought the destroyable walls were a creative use of a "mobile". I hope they will be something EMs can do interesting things with, like perhaps giving special walls reactive defences and such. Or maybe some other quirks.

When I visited Ver Lor Reg the following day, I noticed they had respawned! Thankfully not the dreadnoughts though.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rolling Pins salute to GrimmOmen for the graphic artwork on Exodus.

It looked like the devil himself rose from the pits with an evil grin!!

*cookie hugs*

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wicked! That artwork I actually did myself (kinda rare these days), so I'm really glad you like it!

Edit: The artwork that I did myself is the broken moongate, not Exodus - sorry if there was any confusion!

-Grimm
The moon gate was amazing in the CC (I haven't seen it in the EC yet) but when that went I was amazed. It looks so much like blue fire. Its one of my favorite animations in the game.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The moon gate was amazing in the CC (I haven't seen it in the EC yet) but when that went I was amazed. It looks so much like blue fire. Its one of my favorite animations in the game.
This is in EC :

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Frarc and Mirt! I'm officially back in the office today and you've started my week off right!

-Grimm

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Frarc and Mirt! I'm officially back in the office today and you've started my week off right!

-Grimm
You are welcome but i did not do anything besides the thing i volunteered for. Playing UO and write some news and make screenshots of what i see. :)

You and the other Devs and the EMs and the other players are the ones that are making the game and the news. I only write it down. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your welcome Grimm but in this case thank you for adding more animations that I can show off to other gamer friends. That moongate is amazing and I am hoping that its up for awhile. Exodus was great looking too the newer art has been really really amazing like those monster pumpkins I loved those.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome art Grim! For our own Ultima writing project, my friends and I debated what Exodus would look like. That debate is solved now. Your teams vision of him was perfect for our needs!