• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Male Paperdoll in the Enhanced Client

S

Sevin0oo0

a little pudge around the middle?
a little dark in crotch, like he peed his pants?
I have problems with the hands/feet icons - as a new EC user, it's still confusing
... the orange donkey/rabbit wearing a sombrero down in the lower left? I forget what that one is too.

C

Conrad

De-focus your eyes and he looks like he is hiding a bowling ball.

Not sure if this effect is present on the female paperdolls.

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm, will it ever actually be possible to get full character customisation (a la The Sims, with face and body shape modification) into UO? It gets asked for occasionally, but I don't know if UO can actually support that mechanism. I have some truly unfortunate-looking characters and wish to bring them to "glorious" life, but it might be better for everybody if I don't get that opportunity.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a little pudge around the middle?
a little dark in crotch, like he peed his pants?
I have problems with the hands/feet icons - as a new EC user, it's still confusing
... the orange donkey/rabbit wearing a sombrero down in the lower left? I forget what that one is too.
LOL. thanks for that... I'll never see that icon the same way again...

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
De-focus your eyes and he looks like he is hiding a bowling ball.

Not sure if this effect is present on the female paperdolls.

o_O

Wow... Lol... Wow. Again... Never the same now.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm, will it ever actually be possible to get full character customisation (a la The Sims, with face and body shape modification) into UO? It gets asked for occasionally, but I don't know if UO can actually support that mechanism. I have some truly unfortunate-looking characters and wish to bring them to "glorious" life, but it might be better for everybody if I don't get that opportunity.
No, I can tell you that we will not be able to do that. What you are talking about requires the character model you see in game to be 3D. So unless we make all the animations 3D (one can dream), we're not going to be able to get there.

-Grimm

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I can tell you that we will not be able to do that. What you are talking about requires the character model you see in game to be 3D. So unless we make all the animations 3D (one can dream), we're not going to be able to get there.
Okay, thanks! I really have no idea about how UO's graphics work under the hood, so to speak. :] Guess we'll just have to keep campaigning for new clothes, I know the art team will love us for it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Grimm
perhaps it can be done with some parts... for example instead of making the whole face selectable, you could add a set of eyes, noses, etc... and everyone will be able to customize the face :)
To be really evil you could also add another parallel set of item graphic and make the option for a fat character too :D

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perhaps it can be done with some parts... for example instead of making the whole face selectable, you could add a set of eyes, noses, etc... and everyone will be able to customize the face :)
To be really evil you could also add another parallel set of item graphic and make the option for a fat character too :D
True, we could do pieces like the way you describe. Small pieces are doable.

-Grimm

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*yoda voice*

"Sometimes one must think of what is not to appreciate what is"

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 15 years of adult life, I have to say I've gained a little pudge around the middle as well.........

*goes to get more banana pudding*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate to say it but I always thought that the 2d paperdoll had a nice 6 pack .... but could use more on the guns...

As for the EC paperdoll my first impression was he had an unpleasant load in his shorts... therefore he's kinda standing funky... and the pose sort of makes me feel he wasn't done with that load yet... And yes rather flabby and not very attractive...

Though to me the females still look a bit butch still...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See?!!

I mean c'mon now guys, I did y'all a favor right?

Right??!!

:devil:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pose is funny but what happen to the left lower arm did the artist run out of time on that pice it is way too short lack almost all the texture the rest of the body have and NO FINGERS

The rest of the body look OK to me
Also the female paperdoll could do with thicker arms

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did read my post again and it came out like a mr know it all post not my intention let me explain it better

I find the quality of the male paperdoll good except for that left arm that put the picture to shame

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The male paperdoll in the EC looks okay dressed in a full suit of Crimson plate mail. Barring that however...
It is the top of my list of things Id like to see possess a better graphic, and one that might be mystical as well as warrior like.