• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do I Need to Craft Anymore?

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bare with me. I have played UO off and on for years. But as of now I struggle to find a use for crafting. I dont see the point in the end game of it. Maybe I am missing something?

I have 4 characters. Three of them casts spells, have full 100% LRC, 70 resists.
One character has the Valor set as a Paladin.

Here are my crafting skills

Blacksmithing 88
Why bother leveling this up? I have only one character who uses plate, my pally, and he has the Valor set. He also has the Soul Seeker for a weapon. Is there any point to continue or just use this for repairs?

Carpentry 55
I can already make some cool furniture but again, why should i continue? Furniture is cheap to buy.

Tailoring 78
All of my characters already have full 100% LRC, 70 resists.. Again why bother? Unless i use this for repairs?

Tinkering 86
What can Tinkering do at end game GM?

Imbuing 86
When I try to Imbue something it usually says this item cant be made any better. So is Imbuing only good for making a poor piece a good one?

Inscription 71
Is the damage increase for mages good enough to raise this?

What it all boiles down to is, with full LRC 100% and 70 sets is there anything beyond that? Like maybe having a 70 resist set without using any jewels, freeing up space for better jewelery?

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Many people like crafting, it does have it uses you can make a lot of gold from it as well... Alchemy and Inscription are an excellent way to make a few coins even while training.

Using a crafter though isn't for anyone so really it is up to yourself if you enjoy doing that aspect of UO.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's funny, I was considering how useless my blacksmith/tailor is. I use both skills for exactly two functions. Repair and making cannon ammo.

Once in a blue moon I use carpentry to make instruments for my bard. I never use fletching.

I gave up on making an imbuer. quit at 70-some-odd skill. It's just easier to hand over the ingredients and PoF to a guildie and have them do it.

I get more use from my alchemist/cook/miner/tinker/lumberjack. that template is always busy or has work waiting in the queue.

If cannon balls and heavy powder charges could be made by a miner/alchemist, I would drop tailor/blacksmith in a heartbeat and just use repair deeds.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't enjoy crafting, don't do it. There are others who do who will sell you the things you'll need. Does your paladin use a swamp dragon with barding?
70 resists suits are fairly easily possible without jewels. On Siege my chars wear only crafted suits, made in barbed leather I allow for boosting 2 resists per piece to get to all 70s and 3 imbues for other mods, usually lrc, lmc and mr.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What it all boiles down to is, with full LRC 100% and 70 sets is there anything beyond that? Like maybe having a 70 resist set without using any jewels, freeing up space for better jewelery?
Yes. If you ever want to play a high end character like a sampire youll need as good a suit as you can build and weapons to fit every situation.

Also a mage of any kind without LMC, MR, SDI etc is going to be pretty weak.

Tamers and bards even will probably need luck as high as you can get it since luck seems like it has a function now with the new dungeons.

Do you have to craft this stuff up? No. But you will have to get it somewhere. I personally couldnt live without my 120 imbuing and crafting skills, but then again I play a shard where you lose stuff.

On a regular shard you can probably just have people make the stuff you want for you, once you start going after the more advanced equipment, and trying to max your suits.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From the content of your post, I don't think you fully understand what constitutes top-end equipment in UO currently. A Soul Seeker and an LRC suit with max resists is cool and all, but really that's on the low end of decent.

If you don't want to get really into crafting for other people and aren't super hardcore about gear, maybe you shouldn't bother.

If you really do want to be a serious crafter, take the (extreme) effort to max out imbuing, as well as the other crafting skills so you can make your own pieces to imbue.

I paid a guy 50 million gold last month to craft and imbue a complete suit of armor plus a couple of weapons to my exact specifications.

S

Smokin

I basically ignored the OP when I read leveling and end game.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think many players basically enjoy being the best they can be in crafting (if they have the skills at all). In a way, a tailor who doesn't want to be at least GM is kind of like the school kid who's satisfied with a C average. :scholar:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blacksmith - elemental wepons 5mill a piece, burning runics
Fletcher - same as above
Tinker - turquoise rings 1-40mill a piece and making tools for other skills
Carpenter - 6 mod armour 5-10mill a piece and elemental wepons
Alchemist - pots and quite a few other things like elixior of rebirth
Imbuing - Armour wepons [everything needs imbuing and it breaks]

Thats just items that can be sold, i wouldnt have 3 top,top end chars without these skills at max with good tallys. I sold 2 sampire suits+weps the same as mine for over 200mill each, and turquoise rings sell from 1-40 mill each.

I think crafting is more fun than hunting, waiting for that perfect wepon to be created or a perfect turq ring is better than waiting for a crimson to drop :)

Thunderz

S

Sevin0oo0

I had thought about the inscription? 35 vs 40% DI? - chances are, I'll be upping that anyways, but i keep it to make stuff when I need it. I don't like spending a lot of time having to hunt for some item worth just a few k, silly. Easier to Make It Myself, no waiting for a friend or guildie, do it, done. Instant gratification. Which is why I keep the other ones. I like building, and testing custom made weapons, whether a club w/ ubws, butcher knife, whatever - build it My way. Armor, that's a different story, but with alternative methods of runic tools availability coming, that could change. Imbuing? the key to it all. I went to over GM (106'ish) and only imbued 2-3 things (which i still have);wasn't a grind at all, unless you're in a hurry. But yeah, at 86, forget it, work it!

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the risk of sounding like a troll I will rate each of your responses in terms of helpfulness.

Rupert Avery (7/10)
Direct and to the point, however, he lost points mentioning skills I don't have like Alchemy, etc. I don't have them, so I am not slightly interested in them. Nor did I ask about them.

virtualhabitat (7/10)
Again losses points mentioning a ton of skills I dont have. But he was to the point about Blacksmith and Tailoring.

Petra Fyde (6/10)
I was disappointing by a Managing Editor (whoever that is) posting "dont like it, dont do it". It is risky to say this, because in other words, you are basically admitting crafting is useless. I never mentioned if I disliked crafting. I asked how useful it is. Did give some good specifics regarding stats though.

Uvtha (8/10)
Very helpful post. Did not try to "sell" me other skills, AND gave me specific examples

Meatbread (7/10)
I LOVED how he started his post about me not understanding top-end equipment. Because he is right. But I would love to see an example of top end gear. Link me something...

Smokin (1/10)
A real troll. Want to know why? Here is a guy who automatically assumes that phrases like "end game" and "leveling" are attached to an A.D.D. "new gamer" mentality that is after the UBER gear like a 15 year old zit faced WoW player who says "umadbro" to other players in pvp after "pwning" them. Am I that? Or am I a 41 gamer dad with lots of gaming experience going back to UO in 1997, when I drove to CompUsa to buy that 33.6 to 56k modem upgrade just to play UO? And who despises the very type of gamer you think I am?

old gypsy (4/10)
A partial "elitist" insult. This is usually done by someone who has some GM skills, and wants to make themselves feel better by calling non-GM players "C-students"..

Thunderz (9/10)
Easily the most helpful post. In a few minutes he whipped up some things that are suddenly getting me more interested in crafting.

Sevin0oo0 (8/10)
Nice post. Stayed positive and encouraged me.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
At the risk of sounding like a troll I will rate each of your responses in terms of helpfulness.

Rupert Avery (7/10)
Direct and to the point, however, he lost points mentioning skills I don't have like Alchemy, etc. I don't have them, so I am not slightly interested in them. Nor did I ask about them.

virtualhabitat (7/10)
Again losses points mentioning a ton of skills I dont have. But he was to the point about Blacksmith and Tailoring.

Petra Fyde (6/10)
I was disappointing by a Managing Editor (whoever that is) posting "dont like it, dont do it". It is risky to say this, because in other words, you are basically admitting crafting is useless. I never mentioned if I disliked crafting. I asked how useful it is. Did give some good specifics regarding stats though.

Uvtha (8/10)
Very helpful post. Did not try to "sell" me other skills, AND gave me specific examples

Meatbread (7/10)
I LOVED how he started his post about me not understanding top-end equipment. Because he is right. But I would love to see an example of top end gear. Link me something...

Smokin (1/10)
A real troll. Want to know why? Here is a guy who automatically assumes that phrases like "end game" and "leveling" are attached to an A.D.D. "new gamer" mentality that is after the UBER gear like a 15 year old zit faced WoW player who says "umadbro" to other players in pvp after "pwning" them. Am I that? Or am I a 41 gamer dad with lots of gaming experience going back to UO in 1997, when I drove to CompUsa to buy that 33.6 to 56k modem upgrade just to play UO? And who despises the very type of gamer you think I am?

old gypsy (4/10)
A partial "elitist" insult. This is usually done by someone who has some GM skills, and wants to make themselves feel better by calling non-GM players "C-students"..

Thunderz (9/10)
Easily the most helpful post. In a few minutes he whipped up some things that are suddenly getting me more interested in crafting.

Sevin0oo0 (8/10)
First of all I feel this response is rather rude from someone who was asking for help and information....

Second When Petra said "dont like it, dont do it" I believe she meant if you don't like crafting which your post sort of hints to then there is no need to do it.

Third when I mentioned the crafting skill you "have no interest in" I was merely pointing out the merits of said skill.

If you want a straight answer to your question in the title then here is...
No you don't need to craft any more, but you might find it easier if you can.

R

RavenWinterHawk

My imbuer is rocking. I also use my smith to create things to imbue. I need them both.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a Multiplayer sand box game. No one 'needs' to do anything. To me the word 'need' implies that you would rather not, I therefore suggested that no, you do not 'need' to craft. Others who do enjoy it will craft and sell you anything you require.

As for my title, I am Managing Editor of uo.stratics, which means I am responsible for maintaining the playguide information on UO Stratics *New*. Together with the forum admin and the moderators I am also responsible for ensuring the rules of conduct on these boards is upheld.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rupert Avery (7/10)

virtualhabitat (7/10)

Petra Fyde (6/10)

Uvtha (8/10)

Meatbread (7/10)

Smokin (1/10)

old gypsy (4/10)

Thunderz (9/10)

Sevin0oo0 (8/10)
100% chance is not a risk.
To me, it looks like almost everyone here was trying to provide you and anyone else reading this thread some good information.

I for one appreciate all of their efforts. They could have just as easily ignored you.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I feel this response is rather rude from someone who was asking for help and information....
Oh come on Rupert I am having a little fun lighten up. Also, I gave you a 7 out of 10. Not exactly a shabby score.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% chance is not a risk.
To me, it looks like almost everyone here was trying to provide you and anyone else reading this thread some good information.

I for one appreciate all of their efforts. They could have just as easily ignored you.
You know whats really sad LordDrago?

Is that if you take out the obvious troll response from Smokin, i thanked several people for their help. I also told people exactly how I PERCEIVED their responses to be. If you actually read what I wrote, its pretty much the truth, however harsh it may seem.

I understand giving out scores is very unorthodox, but I was just having a little fun. Besides look at some of my text:

• Very helpful post.
  • Easily the most helpful post
  • Nice post. Stayed positive and encouraged me.
  • But he was to the point..
  • Direct and to the point
  • I LOVED how he started his post
  • AND gave me specific examples

Looks like I mentioned a lot of positive things in my response...

BUT!

Like everyone else, you focus on the negative.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh come on Rupert I am having a little fun lighten up. Also, I gave you a 7 out of 10. Not exactly a shabby score.
You could of given me a 10 I still would of said it was rude to rate peoples replies...

A simple 'thank you everyone for your replies it has given me some useful information' would of been sufficient....

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could of given me a 10 I still would of said it was rude to rate peoples replies...

A simple 'thank you everyone for your replies it has given me some useful information' would of been sufficient....
I don't think it was rude at all. Sometimes it is good to get feedback. I feel that a lot of the time people on this board have been playing UO so long that they fail to see an outsiders perspective.

There should almost be a canned response called "Sampire"..

I appreciate responses, I really do. but why am I the bad guy for simply stating "I didn't ask about Alchemy"..

I don't live that way. Sorry. I just don't. If this makes me a bad person, so be it. I know who I am. I am far from a rude person.

However, I will abide by the rules:

"thank you everyone for your replies it has given me some useful information"

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware there was an end game in UO other than some arbitrary point you decide on. It used to be that crafters were one class of player but lately it seems everyone want to have a crafter of their own. Certainly if you have friends or a guild you don't need crafers at all. If you want to buy repair deeds and armor/weapons then you don't need crafters. I think you should do what you enjoy the most.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware there was an end game in UO other than some arbitrary point you decide on. It used to be that crafters were one class of player but lately it seems everyone want to have a crafter of their own. Certainly if you have friends or a guild you don't need crafers at all. If you want to buy repair deeds and armor/weapons then you don't need crafters. I think you should do what you enjoy the most.
I am in a large Pacific guild who has plenty of crafters. Maybe I will just be a gatherer and donate cloth, ore, etc?..

Maybe I have been overthinking this. I mean, I like and enjoy doping some of these things, so why stop or look for some grand reason behind it? I tell you, taking time off from UO and spending 4 years in World of Warcraft has messed me up. My creativity is gone...

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know whats really sad LordDrago?

Is that if you take out the obvious troll response from Smokin, i thanked several people for their help. I also told people exactly how I PERCEIVED their responses to be. If you actually read what I wrote, its pretty much the truth, however harsh it may seem.

I understand giving out scores is very unorthodox, but I was just having a little fun. Besides look at some of my text:

• Very helpful post.
  • Easily the most helpful post
  • Nice post. Stayed positive and encouraged me.
  • But he was to the point..
  • Direct and to the point
  • I LOVED how he started his post
  • AND gave me specific examples

Looks like I mentioned a lot of positive things in my response...

BUT!

Like everyone else, you focus on the negative.
I was once told long ago that "perception is reality".
So, I see what you are saying.
However, it appears that to most people responding to this thread, the answers provided were perceived as good answers by most, and that your rating of the answeres was perceived as being negative...even given the positive remarks included. Sort of a backhanded compliment.

S

Smokin

I'm sorry if you feel my response was a trolling one. I just really hate hearing those two words in discussing UO. As for automatically assuming you are 15 zit faced kid, well guess you shouldn't talk like one.

Anyway I'm not here to argue, basically if you don't get enjoyment out of working skills to be able to do something for yourself or others. Then don't.

R

RavenWinterHawk

The real question should be do you want to craft anymore?

If you don't then answer is no.
If you do then the answer is yes.

You don't need to play the game. Just as an example but do you want to play the game? is a better question.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Okay, gear. Here's a primer, but a good idea is to hang out at the bank a little and pay close attention to what people are wearing.

A high end suit will have max resists and quite possibly LRC, but also the maximum amounts of Hit Chance Increase, Defence Chance Increase, Lower Mana Cost, or other stats depending on the build of the character intended to wear it. It'll probably also have lots of stamina and/or mana on it.

That 7 or 8 stamina you see imbued onto an individual piece of armor doesn't look like much, but across an entire suit that's as much as 48 stamina, the equivalent of 48 dex. That's HUGE. People pay 6-8 mil for a power scroll that only raises the stat cap by 25.

The 15% Defense Chance Increase on a particular item might not look like that big a deal, but try getting Defense Chance and Hit Chance both up to the cap of 45% and see how much better fights go for you. Lower Mana Cost caps at 40% and almost doubles your effective mana.

Now try getting all of that and more onto one suit. It can be done, but you're not going to loot crap off of monsters with all of those stats in just the right proportions. Someone is going to have to make it. If you can't make it yourself, you're going to have to pay someone, and it's not going to be cheap. Me, I'd rather make money than craft, so I'm content to pay someone else. Your mileage may vary.

Imbuing is king, but an imbuer needs items to imbue, and if you're making a complete suit then you'll probably burn through a lot of leather/ingots making a base suit with just the right resists. The less room you waste imbuing extra resists, the more room is left for other things.

This ain't WoW, where everyone has two crafting skills just because, and nobody cares because everything good comes from raids anyway. Crafting is relatively complex in UO, and most of the best stuff comes from it.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I would appreciate you removing my score please. My post wasn't intended as advice, but rather a commiseration to your complaint. I offered you no advice whatsoever and resent that you would construe my comments as such. Frankly, I don't give a toss whether you craft or not.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NO
There are only 3 things you NEED to do.
Pay taxes.
Pay your UO bill.
Die. (and still pay UO)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
donjn, just a friendly suggestion: In your own words, "Lighten up." :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only post in this whole thread is from thunderz. If you want to "win" in uo you have to follow his advice. The other option is to play the game as you see fit to do. I am one of those who attempt to "win" and have the crafter who burned through loads of stuff to get the best that I could.

While I don't play my crafter as often as I might have way back in 98 there is still a huge value in having a 120/100 skilled guy(s). I don't bother to pull them out for repairs but they have equiped lots of chars over the years to be sent to shards, remade suits more often than I wish to think of, built loads of stuff for other guildmates and the list goes on.

One cannot "end game" without having the proper stuff and a crafter is part of the cake.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
donjn, just a friendly suggestion: In your own words, "Lighten up." :)
I tried to keep things light but then I got bombarded. I was bombarded by responses that WERE NOT MEANT to be taken lightly. Now you are telling ME to lighten up?

Here is a word of advice for you old gypsy. It is so easy to gang up on internet forums. But in your decision to make this post you ignored a post a couple posts above this by virtualhabitat asking for me to remove his score???? He even said he resents the fact that I took his post as advice, which is really odd.

Now, I have been a lurker and am still sort of the new guy on the block, but please, you need to look at who REALLY needs to lighten up and call them out on it...

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love playing all my crafters. If I am not helping friends put together a suit of armor
Or custom weapon-- I am trying to craft the perfect armor or weapon for one of my
Own characters. I have probably saved several hundreds of millions in gold
By crafting for myself and friends. There is much satisfaction when you have crafted
Something special for yourself or a friend or even a random player in need
Of help.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of you are taking the word "need" in my topic too literally..

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried to keep things light but then I got bombarded. I was bombarded by responses that WERE NOT MEANT to be taken lightly. Now you are telling ME to lighten up?

Here is a word of advice for you old gypsy. It is so easy to gang up on internet forums. But in your decision to make this post you ignored a post a couple posts above this by virtualhabitat asking for me to remove his score???? He even said he resents the fact that I took his post as advice, which is really odd.

Now, I have been a lurker and am still sort of the new guy on the block, but please, you need to look at who REALLY needs to lighten up and call them out on it...
Since you obviously missed the fact, my own post WAS MEANT (I can use upper case, too) to be taken lightly. I'm sorry if you feel ganged up on, but I don't believe that was anyone's intention.

And I still think you need to lighten up. No one is out to get you. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you obviously missed the fact, my own post WAS MEANT (I can use upper case, too) to be taken lightly. I'm sorry if you feel ganged up on, but I don't believe that was anyone's intention.

And I still think you need to lighten up. No one is out to get you. :)
Certainly not Old Gypsy she is one of the nicest people here. Always remember post can come off cold so that might be why some took it seriously. I always use :gee: to show I am kidding.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What other word would you use?
One could easily see that the flavor of the topic was based more on the very "usefulness" of crafting rather than "need" of it.

In retrospect my topic should have been titled differently.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Certainly not Old Gypsy she is one of the nicest people here. Always remember post can come off cold so that might be why some took it seriously. I always use :gee: to show I am kidding.
Thanks, Mirt. In the future I'll refrain from using the silly professor :scholar: which seems to be taken differently by different folks. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, Mirt. In the future I'll refrain from using the silly professor :scholar: which seems to be taken differently by different folks. :)
I was actually giving that for donjn more so then you. But the professor works well too.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear OP;

While PvP and PvM is all the rage, we who like and do crafting find the skills trade more so.
The skills have improved so much I would love the Dev to consider perhaps adding a sliding scale to the crafter in more points to put into the trades. Up to 1000 would be suitable!

This would allow for the better grouping of these skills for a better use of character space given.
With the new menu on each skill I have found I may have to use a few soulstones to keep gm'ed skills on so i can add more that complament and are needed for new skills like Imbueing.

With all the required skills that go with the new aditional skills like imbueing 725 is not enough!
As for jewlery perhaps to take off skills like magery and such..... its not advisable.
For good smelting you need mining, always a good thing for a Blacksmith, now add in imbueing you need carpentery and tinkering. Carpentery for those lutes to craft you need music but only to 45... (who every came up with that needs his head examined) But this aside...

Craft if you like to do it.... Dont let people tell you stop or change. Its you who pays the bills for UO and only you know what you like to do. I can say with confidence that a crafter makes gold, alot of it infact. Its not hard to get most ingredience and its fun to get others. If you like it... Keep at it. The only person you answer to is you.

R

RavenWinterHawk

One could easily see that the flavor of the topic was based more on the very "usefulness" of crafting rather than "need" of it.

Maybe...

I don't think crafting is usefull and here is why. Do you think crafting has a use?

The answer is the same. Yes there is a use. You don't feel there is a use. No one is right.

It is very usefull depending on how you use it.

V

vorius

What's the ideal crafter template nowadays?

I have a char from a pretty long time ago and if imburing was in the game at the time I didnt pay any attention to it.

basically I have:

120 Blacksmith
120 Tailor
100 carpenter
100 fletcher
100 tinker
100 arms lore

640 pts total
plus i have pts in magery, hiding and something else i forgot what now.

then I have a mule with:
100 mining
100 lumberjack
96.x fishing
expert mace fighting (for dealing with stuff in the wild)
healing (again, dealing with stuff in the wild)

i was thinking i should probably train imbuing on my main character but I dont have enough space... does imbueing complement any of those other skills or does any other skill complement imbueing?

I dont have cooking or alchemy on any char either

or i could soulstone something from my crafter to my mule to fit imbueing, but what?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As far as I'm concerned those are the same things when the answer is "do what you enjoy and want to do." If your sole concern is profit and most usefulness then all really crafting is still useful. Blacksmithy, tailoring, imbuing can still make really good items together with runic kits. Inscription is good mostly for PvP, carpentry is good if you plan to sell the high-end crafts, and not sure about tinkering.

Basically it depends on what you want to do. Fun for yourself? Profit?

S

Smokin

What's the ideal crafter template nowadays?

I have a char from a pretty long time ago and if imburing was in the game at the time I didnt pay any attention to it.

basically I have:

120 Blacksmith
120 Tailor
100 carpenter
100 fletcher
100 tinker
100 arms lore

640 pts total
plus i have pts in magery, hiding and something else i forgot what now.

then I have a mule with:
100 mining
100 lumberjack
96.x fishing
expert mace fighting (for dealing with stuff in the wild)
healing (again, dealing with stuff in the wild)

i was thinking i should probably train imbuing on my main character but I dont have enough space... does imbueing complement any of those other skills or does any other skill complement imbueing?

I dont have cooking or alchemy on any char either

or i could soulstone something from my crafter to my mule to fit imbueing, but what?
Well you could put tinkering on your mule then do 120 imbuing on crafter and the rest of points in magery. Use jewelry to get magery higher. I would also change the crafter to a gargoyle as they have a higher chance to enhance, but most things now will need the new tool that they sell, so maybe not.

Tinkering is nice on crafter but its also nice on a mule and you can always make tools and store them if you are on a major work out.

V

vorius

Well you could put tinkering on your mule then do 120 imbuing on crafter and the rest of points in magery. Use jewelry to get magery higher. I would also change the crafter to a gargoyle as they have a higher chance to enhance, but most things now will need the new tool that they sell, so maybe not.

Tinkering is nice on crafter but its also nice on a mule and you can always make tools and store them if you are on a major work out.
I see, so if I switched to gargoyle then I couldnt craft my own tools for crafting items anymore?

What if I trained imbue on my mule? He's got pts to spare, and I could make him a gargoyle. Question being would being a gargoyle affect mining or lumberjacking negatively?

Other thought I had was moving carpentry to the mule - is there any reason to pair carpentry with those other crafting skills ?

S

Smokin

I see, so if I switched to gargoyle then I couldnt craft my own tools for crafting items anymore?

What if I trained imbue on my mule? He's got pts to spare, and I could make him a gargoyle. Question being would being a gargoyle affect mining or lumberjacking negatively?

Other thought I had was moving carpentry to the mule - is there any reason to pair carpentry with those other crafting skills ?
If you take tinkering off you can't craft your own tools.

I think gargoyles get something for mining but I forget.

Putting carpentry on your mule is ok if you do not want to make wood armor or wood weapons, because you would lose the bonus from arms lore.

The reason I would do the imbue on the tailor smith is because you could make the stuff then imbue it. Just easier to me then worrying about a few tools now and then. I mean honestly other then training when do you need tons of tools. The only other thing is if you want to make hachets for weapons you would lose the arms lore bonus.

But if you do mining a lot then tinkering is good to make your tools while you go.

Its all up to you.

V

vorius

If you take tinkering off you can't craft your own tools.

I think gargoyles get something for mining but I forget.

Putting carpentry on your mule is ok if you do not want to make wood armor or wood weapons, because you would lose the bonus from arms lore.

The reason I would do the imbue on the tailor smith is because you could make the stuff then imbue it. Just easier to me then worrying about a few tools now and then. I mean honestly other then training when do you need tons of tools. The only other thing is if you want to make hachets for weapons you would lose the arms lore bonus.

But if you do mining a lot then tinkering is good to make your tools while you go.

Its all up to you.
oh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

yeah your suggestion sounds the best, thanks for the help!

G

goldenpower

Do I Need to Craft Anymore?
unless you have someone you can trust to burn kits for you, yes you do.

you need 120 tailor, 120 blacksmithy, 100 arms lore and possibly 100 carpentry and 100 bowcraft

also if you are a serious crafter you can make money by keeping a fully stocked vendor house. people will always come back to shop at your house if it is professional and fully stocked.

for example I always used to go to the same vendor to get GM made instruments because every time I went there it was fully stocked, I never had to go searching for instruments.