• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any progress on the new art assets?

A

anna anomalous

nothing visual, but our producer has mentioned it on his twitter on nov. 9th:

Jeff_Skalski
The new high res art we recently started talking about for EC is completely new. Glad you like! More to come!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

From Grimm on Twitter/Facebook:

256 individual tile art pieces poured over for errors in the millimeters... and that only accounts for 10 wall sets. 19 to go. my eyes hurt.
@jpharrod on Twitter · November 3 at 11:52am via Twitter ·

On hold for micro fixes... taking the opportunity to do another rendering pass on the remaining wall pieces.
@jpharrod on Twitter · November 4 at 11:31am via Twitter ·

... another 516 tile pieces rendered - I'm on a roll!
@jpharrod on Twitter · November 4 at 1:08pm via Twitter ·

Working on roof tiles... baaa. Sometimes... starting all over from scratch looks sooooo good.
@jpharrod on Twitter · November 8 at 1:16pm via Twitter ·

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as we get the next group thru QA I will post a few more pictures for you guys.

Mesanna

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... would STILL luv an update :whip:
Yea, not much to add. High res housing assets still comprise about 90 percent of my headaches. ;-)

As Messanna said. Once we get things to a better "showable" state, we'll start talking about posting some screens.

-Grimm

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This time, fewer Maya renders, more pics of the stuff as it is in the actual game.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, not much to add. High res housing assets still comprise about 90 percent of my headaches. ;-)

As Messanna said. Once we get things to a better "showable" state, we'll start talking about posting some screens.

-Grimm
Oh right, forgot you guys were working on that... guess the thread I just posted was probably decently timed assuming there is anything that can be done in that regards to that.

Also, I agree with Cogniac, the renders do not do the tiles justice.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coolies, can't wait to see the new art!

What are the plans for creatures/monsters? Many of the creatures in the EC are... well... :stretcher:

Hiryus, Liches, Beetles, just to name a few..

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Mesanna and GrimmOmen! Things are looking great and I can't wait to see what's next!

I appreciate hearing from you!

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What are the plans for creatures/monsters? Many of the creatures in the EC are... well... :stretcher:

No plans at the moment. We're just focusing on environment assets for the now.

-Grimm

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm with the new patch, sorry i can't see them are there the new walls included :gee:?

T

Tazar

From what I understand, they new walls are samples of what will be in the next publish - not this one.

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

No plans at the moment. We're just focusing on environment assets for the now.

-Grimm
Sounds like it'll keep ya'll busy for a while. The environment assets = quite a lot of stuff.

One day I hope someone will make the Hiryu look wonderful; I'll guess it is a ways off, though. The 2d client's rendition set a certain expectation for it. It does not look like a quick fix at all. When I picture in my mind what it seems it should look like, the model looks different, and texture is completely different. And I suspect it might be a separate texture for each color phase (but I'm not pro at this, I don't really know). A real project of its own, if done such a way.