Are the new Maginca houses gonna be grandfathered or just a waste ??

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woodsman

I believe they said no special rules, so if you get a Magincia deed, once you activate it, your other house starts the normal decay process.

It's up to 44 houses per shard - why should over a thousand players get a second house just because they got lucky with the lottery?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
...think they're just normal houses. The lottery just determines who gets first dibs. After they fall or if no one places within 30 days or so anyone can place. That's it, nothing majorily special. Calm down. Don't get why people are getting so worked up over this simple thing.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
...think they're just normal houses. The lottery just determines who gets first dibs. After they fall or if no one places within 30 days or so anyone can place. That's it, nothing majorily special. Calm down. Don't get why people are getting so worked up over this simple thing.
No they specifically said during the video thingy that if no one places it will become a dead spot. They plots are already going to be placed. No players will place the homes. Just like the Abyss houses were. You can trade/sell whatever. However, if you let it fall, it's over. No more house there.

They also said that the houses will not be grandfathered. Just like the Abyss house. Your other house will begin to decay.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
No they specifically said during the video thingy that if no one places it will become a dead spot. They plots are already going to be placed. No players will place the homes. Just like the Abyss houses were. You can trade/sell whatever. However, if you let it fall, it's over. No more house there.

They also said that the houses will not be grandfathered. Just like the Abyss house. Your other house will begin to decay.
Huh, could haves worn I read they would be open if no one places. Will have to go back and take a looky-loo. Didn't watch video.

Edit: However the pdf says if plot of land not used in 30 days that the land will revert to normal house placing rules...maybe they changed their minds?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com

Not exactly they said once the winners get their deeds they get 30 days to place a house on the spot or sell the location. After 30 says the spot is freely placeable for anyone. I'd assume that means after that standard house placement rules will apply.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Not exactly they said once the winners get their deeds they get 30 days to place a house on the spot or sell the location. After 30 says the spot is freely placeable for anyone. I'd assume that means after that standard house placement rules will apply.
I guess I should re watch the video! I thought they said the houses will already be placed. It's just the deed will be required to receive the house. If you don't claim it, it's over.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Fairfax, VA
For 30 days after the lottery, only the deed holder will be able to place in that lot. After the 30 days are up, it's a free-for-all. Also, after the deed is used, the lot reverts to normal placement rules, so if a house placed on the lot ever falls then the lot is up for grabs.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
And these houses can be traded normally? After the winner places?

W

Woodsman

And these houses can be traded normally? After the winner places?
Supreem claimed you could trade/sell either the deeds or the plots.

You could win a deed and sell it, and it should not affect any houses on your account, since technically you haven't placed until you activate the deed.

Actually you maybe able to enter for all 1000+ houses on all shards and then sell any deeds you win without having your house drop.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Supreem claimed you could trade/sell either the deeds or the plots.
This is true.

The deed is a "bearer instrument". All it does is grant the holder the right to place a house on a particular plot of land on the specified facet of the specified shard. The deed is blessed but can be traded. Once a house is placed, the deed "expires" and the lot of land is no longer under the requirement that someone hold the deed in order to place a house.

The lottery and the exclusive right to build a house is a one-shot deal. Once it's done, the land and any houses on it act like any other land with houses on it. For the actual houses, no rules are different for these plots. They can be demolished, resized, traded, or whatever.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS
Also if the deed is not used, at the 30 day mark the plot area goes public. The deed then becomes a deco colletor item no longer linked to the plot.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is an investment, not a replacement house. Those ubiquitous books dropped throughout Luna everyday will soon be advertising Magincia real estate. I'm sure the web sites have plenty of temp house holder accounts already set up... and the certainly have the gold:) I know I will certainly sell mine or give away to a friend if I hit the Lotto!

If I still played alot, the "Humble" Magincia address would be perfect for a RP beggar-monk or a witch hunter or fanatic paladin character.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
I wonder, if players will be able to/will try, if you can x-shard those ownership-deeds. Like winning it on a low populated shard and transfer it over to a well populated one and try to claim the linked plot before the regular winner does.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
What bothers me the most about these new homes, is their small plot size which limits greatly their storage capabilities.

Since there is the limitation of only 1 house per account, accepting a Magincia house would severely limit one's own storage capabilities in Ultima Online "forever".

I can see someone with multiple accounts have one but the average player using only 1 account ? Too limited storage capabilities I am afraid, to even consider it.

They should have provided these new plots in magincia with excetional storage abilities like a 18x18 even if the actual plot is a smaller size. THEN they could have become intresting to also the average casual player.

Unfortunately, as it is my understanding things currently work for these new Magincia plots, I can only see them as being appealing to someone with multiple accounts.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
I wonder, if players will be able to/will try, if you can x-shard those ownership-deeds. Like winning it on a low populated shard and transfer it over to a well populated one and try to claim the linked plot before the regular winner does.

I seriously doubt it, it might create a monstrous mess with the Developers then having to sort it out. I think the tickets are shard specific.

Can you imagine hundreds of winning tickets' players all wanting to place, say, on Atlantic and ALL claiming they have the right to place because, after all, their ticket is a winning one ??

A nightmare.

I seriously doubt that the developers might have coded it allowing this mess to happen.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 24, 2005
Scotland / Europa
What bothers me the most about these new homes, is their small plot size which limits greatly their storage capabilities.

Since there is the limitation of only 1 house per account, accepting a Magincia house would severely limit one's own storage capabilities in Ultima Online "forever"
They are 15x15 in size which give just the same storage as an 18x18.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
so i guess the thing to do is buy tickets for every house ..tram and felluca on all shards u have gold on....then just hope u hit lucky..then sell or trade or keep...

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 28, 2004
Baja
I know, I for one will not give up a castle for anything smaller no matter where it is. All this does is remind me of the joke of a contest we had years back giving away 5 malas castles. That tanked also. We have 1 on Baja and only 2 were even given out, but hey if u wanna live there you have every right, I just think its a waste of time.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2007
If you have two accounts, could you sell your deed to the 2nd account after 29 days, get another 30 day window, sell it back after 29 days and so on? This would allow a person to price the deed as high as he wants and keep it on a vendor pretty much indefinitely. You could keep your present houses and still have plenty of time to sell the deed at an exorbitant price.

G

grig_since98

If you have two accounts, could you sell your deed to the 2nd account after 29 days, get another 30 day window, sell it back after 29 days and so on? This would allow a person to price the deed as high as he wants and keep it on a vendor pretty much indefinitely. You could keep your present houses and still have plenty of time to sell the deed at an exorbitant price.
My understanding is that the deed expires regardless of whether it was sold or not at the deadline, so caveat emptor. If you're willing to try to cut it close you might get a good deal though.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2010
If this is supposed to be the "gold sink" system, these houses should only be place-able by another deed holder should it decay after the first placement. Whoever has the money, wins it, more gold absorbed in every cycle (and on every Magincia house plot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.