[UO Herald] Welcome to the High Seas! - Publish 68 Notes

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Welcome to Ultima Online: High Seas!

With the release of High Seas (Publish 68) we have a number of changes and new features being introduced. Below we have provided notes both for features included in the purchase of the booster pack as well as those that benefit all current players.

Thanks and have fun,
The Ultima Online Team

More...

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Did you not read the whole "non-entitlement enhancements" section?

Also, since when have they outlined every single bug that was fixed?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much for boosters not having an effect on normal operations.
My only beef here is that most of the time, businesses plan their outages at off hours (i.e. middle of the night for most of their customer base). Yet this one is scheduled for the convenience of staff, I think, not their customers, as it's in the middle of the day in the U.S. and right into the evening prime time for Europe.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Nameless Rune, Yew, Great Lakes
Did you not read the whole "non-entitlement enhancements" section?

Also, since when have they outlined every single bug that was fixed?

Thats called content. I was rather specific in my post. They said that there would be bug fixes in this patch because they wanted to show that they weren't just putting in things to pay for.

Seven rather insignificant bug fixes don't bouy what they originally said. If they fixed other things then they should POST THEM. Otherwise, it just makes them look less then truthful.

C

Cal_Mythic

As stated in the update ... we have a follow on publish after this one with Anniversary items and other fixes, as well as some things we are adding for the live arc.

- c

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 24, 2005
Scotland / Europa
As stated in the update ... we have a follow on publish after this one with Anniversary items and other fixes, as well as some things we are adding for the live arc.

- c
Nice to see we'll continue to get publishes whilst making two boosters a year. :thumbup1:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
The following Handbooks will drop in the top attackers backpacks or banks

Players can extinguish Large Candelabra’s now while locked down

Jeez, I may be an old-fashioned ****, but when it comes to official announcements I do wish companies would employ people who know when and when not to use an apostrophe.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
Frankly, I'm getting sick of more items and more items and more items. Now we're at the point that increased storage is offered to feed our frenzy. I get it... people like items. I do too, but lately, most of this junk is just sitting in my house chests in hopes that I can redeem or use them or something. Now more storage, ooph. My house is gonna end up looking like Sandford & Sons.

I think I'm at the point where I'd want my Avatar to feel accomplished. Kill the pirates for some kind of recognition. Slime Hunter was a nice, but one-time event. Fame for the Gargoyle Queen is nice... for my Imbuer... but what about my warrior? Just something to think about.

:thumbup1: I do like the new food. Fish pies.. yum! And 5 minutes is a fair time for the boosts (much better than the lousy 2min from the prized fish). Might be time to finally make a cook. Bravo for this. Just wish a Fisherman/Cook template would actually give some other little benefit rather than stoning off the poor cook when I go fishing.

Now I'm wishing for an 8th char slot. Next booster??

Y

Yalp

Gargoyles can use throwing weapons on Archery Buttes

.. finally something I can use my 120 throwing skills on!

{less than enthusiastic} woot!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2002
London, UK
For Level 7 maps they say: " This is not a solo encounter "

Heheh guess will just have to see if this lasts :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Can characters on accounts not updated with the booster use/equip the new items listed in these publish notes?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2005
OMG
Can use Mouse Control on classic boats by speaking to your tillerman

Helm of Vengeance – Norse Helm
Resists add to leather base ( +7 PHys, +9 Fire, +710cold , + 3 Poison, +6 Energy)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2003
Unlisted change; Legacy boats are now called "The (Type)(Status)" automatically, until it's named.... So if you had previously called it "The Golden Ankh", it's now "The The Golden Ankh (Dry Dock)" Now off to sea what else can be seen!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Just did that, Although my tillerman is now called a 'wheel'. I hope he doesn't feel insulted by that.
I expect touch/move mouse for mouse control...

Do I need to speak to mouse or wheel now?

B

Babble

But he has been doing that for a while and you still gave him work.
:p

But they could have replaced the sir with something gender neutral if they really wanted to.
An 'Aye Captain' would have been ok

S

Smokin

New artifacts are kind of blah, mostly for mages nothing really special for a archer or melee char. I guess they ok but need a bit more.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
For Level 7 maps they say: " This is not a solo encounter "

Heheh guess will just have to see if this lasts :p
I hope they have changed it then, As I soloed a few. :popcorn:
Yeah, will be interesting to see how they upped it so that it isn't soloable. Maybe they took my suggestion and tossed in a peerless mob....oh wait... those are soloable.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 6, 2008
Sweet unannounced change: my saladin now gets a message that she has entered honourable combat when she honours a monster.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
And PvP will be fixed when...?

Honestly, there needs to be an entire patch dedicated to fixing PvP...right now it is in shambles.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I'd like to get a better chat system. Friend list. Way to see if friend is on and send /tell to them. A way to ask what's this item and be able to put it in chat box.
You know... modern conveniences.
ICQ has been bugging out lately.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
I'd like to get a better chat system. Friend list. Way to see if friend is on and send /tell to them. A way to ask what's this item and be able to put it in chat box.
Isn't that called guild chat...?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007

This was in KR, though it was a tad buggy.

It was also in the CC a LONG time ago when we all had mail bags, but that was VERY buggy and showed our character and account IDs - so they scrapped it.

No. Guild chat is just that, guild chat. Many of my friends are in different guilds. UO does need the common MMO chat/friends list features that nearly every other MMO on Earth already have.

L

Luke Carjacker

The new arties look sweet. :)
The two new jewelry pieces are incredibly sweet. 1/3 Casting with 15 DCI and 10 SDI on both of them (plus several additional useful mods). I've been dreaming of finding or making jewelry like that but then I slapped myself to wake up before wetting myself. Now, is that better than orny/crystalline/inquisitor's (or night eyes) combo? Hmm...need to do some calculations.

What I will say immediately is that these items take some of the edge off the advantage from faction orny/crystalline. To me that's an important plus because, on my shard at least, there's basically no real faction fighting. People just take the arties and use them against non-faction foes, at spawns, etc. Dumb.

The Corgul's enchanted sash is a nice addition too. The 5 DCI in an unused slot will definitely ease construction of some archer, dexer, sampire type suits. Lieutennant sash is obviously still better for most mage layouts. Hopefully this new sash won't be a replica (shouldn't be, it's new).

The other stuff I'm not sure. Is one of the new blades a fencing weapon? I'm guessing the wand & peg leg are macing. Doesn't say what weapon type on the blades.

L

LordDextonious

AWESOME!!! another pain-in-the-arse transaction through ea store!! yay! "the code you entered is unavailable" so I get to spend a half hour on hold with support... Can anything ever be easy??

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic

This was in KR, though it was a tad buggy.

It was also in the CC a LONG time ago when we all had mail bags, but that was VERY buggy and showed our character and account IDs - so they scrapped it.

No. Guild chat is just that, guild chat. Many of my friends are in different guilds. UO does need the common MMO chat/friends list features that nearly every other MMO on Earth already have.
Martyna is correct. That's what I meant. As you play, the chat box would say "Your friend Hildebrand is online".

Anyway, I'm having trouble with this stupid EAstore buying this booster! AAAhhhhh!!!

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
Then go play those MMO's. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you should too.

H

Heartseeker

Wow. Completely NOT impressed with 7 whole 'bug fixes.'

So much for boosters not having an effect on normal operations.
You know what even sucks worse?

Actually buying last night and receiving no code.

Not to worry because my credit card was still billed though:confused:

Is that the new EA policy????

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I agree on the chat system. And it's one thing that could get me to move to the EC, even with the less than stellar art work in it.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
If it's the eastore.com site that you purchased, you see up on top "customer service" and then view recent order history. Then you can find the code.

C

Cal_Mythic

You know what even sucks worse?

Actually buying last night and receiving no code.

Not to worry because my credit card was still billed though:confused:

Is that the new EA policy????
Drop me a line please on this and if you received any email on it for confirmation.

- c

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Then go play those MMO's. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you should too.
Riiiight. Because UO should stick to being unfriendly to newbs and requiring outside programs to communicate. A friends list and /tell ability would just RUIN UO for you right?

Give me a break.

H

Heartseeker

When I bought my code I noticed an annoying peculiarity: The code wasn't in the confirmation E-Mail I received. It was in the purchase site exclusively. Not sure how to recover it once you've logged out of the purchase site, though. Did you print out your receipt? Will probably be on there. Also try logging back into the purchase site and see if it's still in there.

-Galen's player
Wow. Mine is in the ether then.:sad2: