• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My PM To Cal_Mythic & Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this gives me a little hope not much but a little...

Cal_Mythic said:
Kage said:
Cal_Mythic!

I'm begging you please lower the cost of faction items on Siege Perilous. It only took you guys a day to raise it up to 5x cost of prodo...

Siege is picking up with the removal of the ROT cap...
But those of us pvping are going broke trying to buy back our faction items from each other...

Now it would be nice if everyone would just return them or sell them back really cheap but you know all to well there is GRIEF in UO.

UO is an item based game... Don't make us farm 6-8 hrs just to get a full faction suit...

My Suit cost this...

Faction Items
*Note* - Max Amount you can farm in ONE HOUR 8K Silver.

25,000 - Ornament Of The Magi
20,000 - Folded Steel Glasses
20,000 - Crystaline Ring
10,000 - Heart Of Lion
TOTAL - 75,000 Silver - *Note* we loose that when we die no INSURANCE.
Message received. Currently we are in the middle of 3 different dev cycles and a community event to plan for.

This request has already been noted from the meetings and discussions in July. We will look into it and make time as we can.

I can't offer more than that,

-c

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
E for effort Kage...

You hit the nail right on the head, took them one week to raise the prices but they need an act of Congress to lower them...I call bullsheit!!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call bull****, too. Cal is so full of it. All Siege is going to get "after July" is bull**** excuses. :bs:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call bull****, too. Cal is so full of it. All Siege is going to get "after July" is bull**** excuses. :bs:
Actually, those won't start till November, until then we will get silence.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how the vehement hatred and cynicism is what brings us all closer together.

*hugs*

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uber items and faction suits are a big problem on siege.

why not just beg for max stats so that everybody is just completely equal except for skills. Then have a NPC with completely free TOTALLY UBER gear. You just click the item you want, the stats you want, and there ya go, it pops out free for you.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah!! Lets all wear ubber leet GM barb armor. Wait, forget that. GM regular leather. Or how about some sweet ass light archer armor. Then we can cast one spell and be completely out of mana!! SWEET! Then do one weapon special and be completely drained of mana!! Super SWEET!

Then we could all wear sweet invis rings and protection rings!! Then try and go against a bad ass Subterranean Mongbat and get WTF pwnd.

The game has changed Goodcry. Can't be living in the past like you and a few others dream of.

*Goodcry hasn't posted in ages, yet he hasn't lost his touch. Still the captain of the Fail Express...

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I just don't understand...

But those of us pvping are going broke trying to buy back our faction items from each other...
If people are making big bucks selling faction items back, why don't they have the $$$ to buy it back when they lose it? The gold doesn't just disappear...

F

Førsaken

I guess I just don't understand...

If people are making big bucks selling faction items back, why don't they have the $$$ to buy it back when they lose it? The gold doesn't just disappear...
You would have to assume that there are only 2 people in your logic for your statement to be remotely true.

x dies. y sells back.
y dies. x sells back.
x dies. a b c sells back.
a dies. x sells back.
etc.

Moral being-You won't always loot a full suit and be able to make what you've recently had to spend.

For anyone that doesn't get why lowering faction prices would help the shard, you're pretty foolish. People shouldn't be scared to die, because they dread an 8 hr farming session to suit up again. People shouldn't deprive themselves of the items UO has to offer, because they're not as good as the next. PvP in its current state is very item dependent, if you don't get that by now, again, really foolish.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose that makes sense...

For the record, I haven't PvP'ed this shard since '04 or so. Disgust with speedhacks, daggering, and other BS turned me to the PvM side of the shard. Faction items were never an issue for me. However, anyone that has looted me can tell you the average worth of a daily (as of last year or so) suit for me. I feel for you guys and the cost, believe me. However, the old Siege adage remains true. If you can't afford to lose it, don't wear it.

R

RedDaTeef

What I say to the pvpers..suck it up. If you don't have the gold (silver) to pvp then farm up or something. It's the price you pay to do what you do. And the guy who somehow can always have enuff to pvp in nice suits then he is the one who deserves to win. If he can. If can can, If no can no can. (Hawaiian expression)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I say to the pvpers..suck it up. If you don't have the gold (silver) to pvp then farm up or something. It's the price you pay to do what you do. And the guy who somehow can always have enuff to pvp in nice suits then he is the one who deserves to win. If he can. If can can, If no can no can. (Hawaiian expression)
Says the thief who runs around naked :(

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is daggering?
It was a way for people who didn't have one of the three Artifacts (besides an event sword) that could increase FC past FC2 at the time to cast at FC3 or FC4 before it was capped at FC2. It did nothing you couldn't do within normal game mechanics only allowed people who didn't have the items to be on a more even par with those that did.

Basically you had to macro equipping an FC1 shield or weapon to every spell cast then when you cast a spell you got the benefit of the FC1 before you auto disarmed for casting the spell.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was more. Around that time the stabled familiar thing was going on too, pretty annoying. My mind fogs though, I bet you could list more of them than I could Revvo :p

M

MoonglowMerchant

Well this gives me a little hope not much but a little...
Why are you wearing stuff you can't afford to lose?

If you want to be able to wear whatever with no risk, go play some other shard.

Seriously. I'm not flaming you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope they understand, lower the cost of faction items may help a few PvP players but it will hurt the shard as whole.

It will make it worse for crafters, PvM'ers and other players who do not want to join faction.

We need a solusion, that will help the whole shard and remove the split faction do to the community.

If the crafters get alot better resource spawn, both normal resources and imbuing resources, they can sell their wares to a price all can pay.

If we get a better drop of artifacts from monsters, PvM'ers can sell their wares cheaper too.

It do not help the shard to make the most overpowered items cheaper, special when only a small group can use them and others have to give up PvP or be forced to join Faction.

E

Elmer Fudd

IMO....theres fair...then theres ridiculous, and the cost right now is out of hand...maybe two times prodo or something like that...but 5x prodo?

lets at least be honest...the way it is now...completly crazy...

Im someone who has always and will always give suits back for nothing...never bothered me, and for the most part, everyone has treated me very fair also other then MV...there are guys in MV who have given my suits back...but its about half of them...the other half try and sell back at crazy prices...its a matter of greed then actual fighting...and for you folks who dont pvp and compete at the level were trying to...it takes weeks sometimes to get a suit together...now you honestly wrap yer head around that idea for a bit and tell me if you think its fair?

A guy like me who works a lot and has to divide his time between family and work and a little time I have left can go to UO....now i personally gravitate towards Pvp to have my UO fun...i dont like spawning or farming or quests and yada yada...but I understand I must farm sometimes...I currently do not have an imbuer...

So i farm for an hour or so to get 16k Silver if not interupted...then I get on icq with a crafter to try and make me the other pieces of armor i need which usually takes a week or so to get me...and another week to farm enough silver for suit...so here i am...a regular guy working with family...so I cant Pvp for a week and half or so untill i have a suit i can compete with...cause if you go out half geared up....yer toast...when going up against dismount pet ganks and such...its the plain reality of the matter....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know it's crazy and I see your point. Maybe the main problem is the power of the factions items. If they was not overpowered, fights nonfaction vs faction would be more fair.

If they was not overpowered, more would choose to buy armor from the crafters and the PvM'ers.

As long they are overpowered, I don't think prices should be lowered.

Powerful armor should be expensive. The problem is, you can't PvP without it as even imbued armor sucks vs it.

E

Elmer Fudd

I know it's crazy and I see your point. Maybe the main problem is the power of the factions items. If they was not overpowered, fights nonfaction vs faction would be more fair.

If they was not overpowered, more would choose to buy armor from the crafters and the PvM'ers.

Powerful armor should be expensive. The problem is, you can't PvP without it as even imbued armor sucks vs it.
Well, it takes me just as long to get my imbued armor, because the ingrediants take forever to get and are very pricy....so actually, i have more imbued stuff then faction gear...the faction gear is easy to obtain then the crafted armor...so at least i know i need X amount of time and X amount of Silver and i have my faction peices...with the imbued stuff....could take a couple weeks to get it.,.so needless to say,,,im not out in the field fighting...im home waiting or farming

B

Black magick

You could make a good troll.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

But haven´t you heard? They can´t play without them...
haven't you heard UO is an Item based game and new the skills are designed around the items....

Keep up with the times or collect dust on a shelf.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

But haven´t you heard? They can´t play without them...
I know... That extra 20 HCI and 20 DCI I get from the helm and legs are soooooooooo important to my suit. I cant live without it. 2 pieces from my 12 piece suit is just so overpowering.

OR

It could be the fact that the items, if not purchased by factions, are very very very limited in supply.

Its so funny all you people arguing about deleting the faction gear are only hurting yourselfs. lol. I don't know how you cannot see that if you get rid of faction gear, all you non pvpers will not have much gear (crimson, hotl, feys, etc) to choose from. Myself and many others will buy them all up leaving you all with NOTHING.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of us don't bother wearing them anyway....go ahead and buy them/farm them up

You guys are like crack addicts with this faction gear.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of us don't bother wearing them anyway....go ahead and buy them/farm them up

You guys are like crack addicts with this faction gear.
That's our point... You guys don't take advantage or try to improve your game play in anyway shape or form... So why are you all so pressed on removing faction items???

Nothing will change accept for the fact that we will hoard everything up leaving you guys with nothing.

We will still be in what you guys call l33t suits because we know the game is "ITEM BASED" We changed with the game.

You guys still equip like it's 1999... [NEWS] It's 2010! :twak:

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's our point... You guys don't take advantage or try to improve your game play in anyway shape or form... So why are you all so pressed on removing faction items???
Umm so we don't have to hear you guys complaining about the fact that it takes you 3 days or more to farm silver or that some other guild is being greedy bastards and won't sell your suit back at a decent price...

Imagine how much headache would be gone for you guys if those things were eliminated...

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nothing will change accept for the fact that we will hoard everything up leaving you guys with nothing.

We will still be in what you guys call l33t suits because we know the game is "ITEM BASED" We changed with the game.

You guys still equip like it's 1999... [NEWS] It's 2010! :twak:
Firstly i do agree these items should be the same price as on prodo but only because there is no reason they should cost more BUT the argument that you need to use them to compete is just pish. Only a handfull of people seem to be using them so for the most part so using them is just a way to OUTGEAR the average player. Personally i think people should gain an advantage for being a faction and it should be a really strong one encouraging more people to pick a side so to speak. If i had it my way being on Siege would force you to choose a faction with no way of not being in one only the option to change to a different faction.

What they need to do is allow anyone in a faction to wear a faction piece of gear and not have it be linked to a character that way the gear can be used and lost so all this whining about selling suits would stop. Pretty much all general chat is is people crying about selling back or not selling back faction gear.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm so we don't have to hear you guys complaining about the fact that it takes you 3 days or more to farm silver or that some other guild is being greedy bastards and won't sell your suit back at a decent price...

Imagine how much headache would be gone for you guys if those things were eliminated...
I would rather read 20 posts about buy backs and griefing than one post of some crazy RP story that just happened in the lands of crazyness where an epic unicorn just landed from mars and abducted your prized lizard.

That **** does not interest me at all. What does interest me is killing people, making gold and having the best items in the game. Also, having the best houses!

Your game play doesn't require having good gear. Mine, as well as others does. You want to hear the end of grieving. Then stop derailing everyone's attempts at lowering factions costs and support it.

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather read 20 posts about buy backs and griefing than one post of some crazy RP story that just happened in the lands of crazyness where an epic unicorn just landed from mars and abducted your prized lizard.

/Agreed!

P.S. Also sick of non faction players always acting like there better than factioneers because they run crap gear but can't fight factioneers because its not fair and they just get smoked every time.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much to quote, so little time...so I'll just say this.

Isn't punkte and rank tied to how many/what level of items you can wear? Hasn't this been broken since like...forever? I believe so, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wouldn't "faction items" be a little less overpowering if this system actually did work, limiting you to say, 1-2 items for lower levels?

I could support a price reduction then. However, I believe you can wear as many as you can fit on yer paperdoll, no matter what you rank.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heh, not sure why you guys quoted me. :D

I just answered Sturdy´s question. And the "They can´t play without them"-part doesn´t even come from me, that comes from you PvPers in previous threads...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Isn't punkte and rank tied to how many/what level of items you can wear? Hasn't this been broken since like...forever? I believe so, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wouldn't "faction items" be a little less overpowering if this system actually did work, limiting you to say, 1-2 items for lower levels?

I could support a price reduction then. However, I believe you can wear as many as you can fit on yer paperdoll, no matter what you rank.
Rank is dependent on the overall factions kill count. So less participation means lower kill counts to advance in rank.

With the way it currently is, you only 1 or 2 kill points to equip lvl 10 gear. However, if there were more people playing those points would be higher. I remember when you needed 15 kill points to equip lvl 10 gear.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rank is pointless anyways you can easily farm alts for points.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are siege faction items char specific like on a prodo shard? If they could get rid of that it might clear up the issue. I am in the process of starting a char just to have one on you're shard and am trying to catch up the the latest info and such so look for me soon lurking and killing:)

At the same time do faction horse's bond and res like on a prodo shard?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My thoughts are that faction armor should turn into silver upon death. Faction horses do bond and rez.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts are that faction armor should turn into silver upon death. Faction horses do bond and rez.
If they would reduce the cost of faction items. Allowing a turn in system for opposing factions armor would be ultimate! Maybe .5 or .25 percent back in silver what it was to purchase it.

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Non factions should not be able to aquire silver unless they purchase it, wouldn't make sense other wise. You must be part of factions to benifit on both sides.

The only Siege Perilous change that we need right now (that we have even a small chance of getting) is reduce the cost of silver to equal prodo. That is all people need to stop adding so many other fixes they think we need its only going to confuse EA so they will do nothing.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That **** does not interest me at all. What does interest me is killing people, making gold and having the best items in the game. Also, having the best houses!

Your game play doesn't require having good gear. Mine, as well as others does. You want to hear the end of grieving. Then stop derailing everyone's attempts at lowering factions costs and support it.
What a great reply Asty.

I also tire of reading about people complaining about their 14 cats or listen to old people flirt. I dont care about your RP. Untill now ive never brought it up, or know of anyone who has. Its not my business. If you arnt in factions dont complain about our business as well please.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let me say first of all, thank you asty for your post.

Secondly, punkte is working correctly, we just have an assload of inactive accounts with faction characters. Punkte decays over time, so they all have 0 punkte, which means if you have 1 punkte, you fall in the top 98% of your faction as far as score is concerned.

Again, another horrible system from EA.

B

Black magick

This. Things like Nightstalker's tales of theft and such are enjoyable. RP, however, I have no interest in.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't care about those RP stories either, and I've never attempted to derail the attempt to get that lowered back to normal cost. I think it's stupid that our is 5x prodo. It's uncalled for. I was just musing that all this pancakes would go away if there were no faction arties

S

Sturdy

I still dont get the argument.

I was active in factions for two+ years- some here and some on Sonoma. I have six years of playtime on Siege and will participate in the discussion.
If someone wants to backup a statement with a relevant point or make an assertion based on experience fine, thats a discussion. If you just say X sucks and thats why, thats called BS.

The argument that this is an item based game- but that certain items are to hard to obtain is circular and irrelevant. You could make the items easy to get - allowing everyone to have them regardless of how much they play, or, you could eliminate the items in question forcing players to use crafted or rare drop items instead.

There is space between the two- you could make items a little easier to get, but why?

The nature of the game would not be changed by the elimination of faction artifacts- only the flow and value of crafted items. Given that most items are easily crafted, the cost of gear in general would be reduced. I think this would be better for the game as people would be much more inclined to participate in casual PvP if the gear was not such a pain to replace.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no major issues with faction items being readily available (with silver of course), but they should remove the buffs on them. Sure its HOTL, so why is it better the a real HOTL? Anyone? They should atleast make them the same as regular gear, and thus there would be a better blend of faction and real arty suit. And should there be a non-faction/faction player fight, in theory they could have identical suits. Sure the faction one is easier to get (a few hours farming silver, say 8), vs hours in doom, or t-maps, etc, or even gold to get real arties. But they also take the risk of open attacks at any time with no guard zone protection, and skill loss for 20 mins.

Would the ones who want them gone settle for even playing field?

Status
Not open for further replies.