• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Masteries Summed up - Logrus correct?

• Thread starter Beastmaster
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Beastmaster

I reviewed all the publish notes and fit them all into one document. Logrus can you confirm this is correct?

PUBLISH 66-67
Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

Bard Mastery System – NPC’s can be found in the Music Conservatory in Fel and Tram

* Bard players will be able to select one of three areas of bard mastery, each pertaining to one of the main barding skills. The mastery abilities will be based on the players’ skill in the associated area, but will NOT affect the current way the skill is used nor how the players interact with that skill.

Choosing / Obtaining a mastery:

* Players will perform a quest obtainable from the quest givers in the Music Conservatory.
* Players will be rewarded upon quest completion with a Spellbook containing the mastery abilities.

Mastery ability initiation.
* Once players have chosen a mastery, the abilities are freely usable at any time and only have as requirements the skill and mana costs.

Mastery abilities:
* Party must remain within range of the Bard to remain under the spellsong effects.
* Bards may be interrupted when they receive damage while using their abilities.
* A bard can have both their mastery spell songs active at the same time. Double the upkeep cost when using both Discordance spell songs.
* Abilities do not stack with themselves.
* All abilities require upkeep dependent on how many are being affected by the ability.
* Abilities will not check for Criminal flagging, so beware of your Party members.
* Paladin abilities can now interrupt Bard abilities.
* Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep.
* Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.
* All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).
* Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Provocation: Title Exhilarator (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
* Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.

Peacemaking: Title Galvanizer (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Resilience: Poison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
* Preservance: Party Defense Chance increased by up to 16%, Damage reduced by up to 16%. Casting focus bonus 1-4%

Discordance: Title Desponder (These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)
* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 20-60% of the damage taken as physical once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 60 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
mmm ya, as soon as we can get a thumbs up on this then i will put it on the FAQ

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to verify before answering.

So Lets see:
Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
- +1% Bonus per 10 points in a secondary skill above GM. (So thats up to 22% HDI/SDI for a 4x Legendary Bard) (PvP Cap is still 15% SDI)
DI = 20 - 40% (Base) + 3% Per 10 points in secondary skill above GM (58% at 4x Legendary)

Invigorate:
+2 -> 8 To each stat (Base)
(4x Legendary = +14)
Healing 4-16 (Base) , 4xLegendary (10-22)

Resilience:
+2->8 to all Regens(Base), (4x Legendary +11)
Curse Duration Reduction
10-40% (Base), (4xLegendary 60%)

Poison Resistance (I won't go into the math for this one but it does scale)

Preservance:
Casting Focus 1- 4 (Base) (4x Legendary = 6%)
DCI 2-16% (Base) (4x Legendary 22%)
Damage Reduction 2-16% (Base) (4x Legendary 22%)

Tribulation:
Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

Bards can use both spell songs in their mastery at the same time. The upkeep cost is combined.

Each additional bard skill above GM after the mastery skill and musicianship grants -1 to spell song upkeep cost.

Party spellsongs affect the bard, party members and pets of bard and party.

Bards can freely cast spells from any school without it interrupting their spellsongs.

PUBLISH 66-67
Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

Bard Mastery System – NPC’s can be found in the Music Conservatory in Fel and Tram

* Bard players will be able to select one of three areas of bard mastery, each pertaining to one of the main barding skills. The mastery abilities will be based on the players’ skill in the associated area, but will NOT affect the current way the skill is used nor how the players interact with that skill.

Choosing / Obtaining a mastery:

* Players will perform a quest obtainable from the quest givers in the Music Conservatory.
* Players will be rewarded upon quest completion with a Spellbook containing the mastery abilities.

Mastery ability initiation.
* Once players have chosen a mastery, the abilities are freely usable at any time and only have as requirements the skill and mana costs.

Mastery abilities:
* Party must remain within range of the Bard to remain under the spellsong effects.
* Bards may be interrupted when they receive damage while using their abilities.
* A bard can have both their mastery spell songs active at the same time. Double* Not correct* Combined upkeep cost when using both Discordance* not correct* Multiple spell songs.
* Abilities do not stack with themselves.
* All abilities require upkeep dependent on how many are being affected by the ability.
* Abilities will not check for Criminal flagging, so beware of your Party members.
* Paladin abilities can now interrupt Bard abilities. No Longer Valid*
* Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep.
* Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.
* All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).
* Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Provocation: Title Exhilarator (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
* Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.

Peacemaking: Title Galvanizer (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Resilience: Poison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
* Preservance: Party Defense Chance increased by up to 16%, Damage reduced by up to 16%. Casting focus bonus 1-4%

Discordance: Title Desponder (These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)
* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.
**Couldnt figure out how do do strike through text***

Hopefully thats clear enough.

B

Beastmaster

Logrus can you please provide the current costs for each spell song. both initial and upkeep. Also, FYI I think the spell song books need to have these figures updated and probably should check the mouseover help screens for each spells icon while you're at it to be sure it reflects current design.

BTW, a big THANK YOU for lowering the skill timers on the bard skills AND removing the timers' effects on other non-bard skills.

In case, no one else has noticed that last part, some of you tamers should now notice you can disco something and immediately lore it. I do alot of disco training of pets and that skill delay had annoyed me everytime.

:thumbup:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bard spell books are a bit behind in iterations. (Wanted to get it stable first)
I'll edit this post as soon as I get a chance to go back and look at the mana costs and upkeep costs.
(I can confirm Tribulation/Despair costs are 11/13)

B

Beastmaster

The bard spell books are a bit behind in iterations. (Wanted to get it stable first)
I'll edit this post as soon as I get a chance to go back and look at the mana costs and upkeep costs.
(I can confirm Tribulation/Despair costs are 11/13)
Just a reminder bump for Logrus.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got caught up in other stuff and completely slipped my mind.

MANA INSPIRE 16
MANA INVIGORATE 22
MANA PRESERVANCE 18
MANA RESILIENCE 16
MANA TRIBULATION 24
MANA DESPAIR 26
BASE UPKEEP INSPIRE 5
BASE UPKEEP INVIGORATE 6
BASE UPKEEP PRESERVANCE 6
BASE UPKEEP RESILIENCE 5
UPKEEP TRIBULATION 11
UPKEEP DESPAIR 13

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus,

would spell damage increase ever be part of damage calculation for Despair and Tribulation?

Thanks,

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm neither for or against SDI being a part of the bard damage. Though that would probably require some re-balancing of abilities so I wouldn't expect to get to that any time in the near future.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus,

Does the new chance to peace/prov/discord % from mastery stack with bonus chance from slayer instruments?

Also only despair gets damage bonus from slayer instruments right? Tribulation does not get the bonus?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastery %Bonus Chance stacks with slayer bonus.

Both Despair and Tribulation get bonuses from Slayer instruments.

Slightly different though.

Despair damage is 3x when using a valid slayer
Tribulation damage is 1.5x

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since questions/answers are collected here for bard masteries ...
I soon have to put together a suit for my (wannabe) full bard.
- sdi dont works for the new masterys? (i think, i ve read it here but not shure about)
- does lmc work?
- how about fc?
- When comparing upkeep costs with mr, is it a 1:1 ratio? (before dimishing returns hits in for mr)
- And since slayer spellbooks working was already mentioned .... so those with mr would fit best?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dammned me ... but its fine as i dont have a collection of slayer spellbooks. *g*
What I wonder is, if there is a difference between slayer and super slayer instruments? (When it comes to damage done with discord masteries)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
unless they changed something and didnt tell us, then they are both the same.
bard instraments are the only thing that got left out of that big slayer vs super slayer change last year.

so magic spellbooks, super slayers got nerfed.
all melee weapons, super slayers got nerfed.
bard instraments, we are still golden!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so magic spellbooks, super slayers got nerfed.
all melee weapons, super slayers got nerfed.
I have to disagree ... actually single slayers got buffed and not the super slayers nerfed. :p

Besides that .... playing around with the new masteries is fun. Now i only need the patience to train my bards skills fully up.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i shouldnt have said nerfed.

its just makes my backpack more cluttered.

my bards use to carry one of each Flute of Renewal, and my macer's carry a Exiler imbued to each super slayer.

now if i wanna do optimal i need to carry a ruck sack with 128 different maces in it (thats a exageration)

so nerfed wasnt the right word.
it just makes it so my little 8 flute world got more cluttered was all.