• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any reports from Origin on publish yet??

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't seen any feedback from Origin on the new patch, especially the bard stuff.

Report is OVERDUE!

If no report in 24hrs, I suggest we choose another shard for the publish leader! :mf_prop:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hush you! I was in the middle of testing it~

Not on barding yet but can report that the T hunting is a great sucess!!

Will fill in all reports later right now hunting deamons in luna an brit .. they tough!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone has apparently found a problem with barding t hunt spawn. Further info is needed. I'll try to do something on test later, but I don't have a bard, have never used disco and usually leave treasure hunting to my hubby, so I may not do too well.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone has apparently found a problem with barding t hunt spawn. Further info is needed. I'll try to do something on test later, but I don't have a bard, have never used disco and usually leave treasure hunting to my hubby, so I may not do too well.

A problem with barding treasure hunt spawns ?

What problem would it be ?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ... maybe not really a problem ... but reading the yet known lists for the new guardians ...
Ronins are immune to barding abilities. I once tried to fight them with my bard and it didnt work well. And those are now hired as guardians on Tokuno t-maps.

B

Beastmaster

Haven't seen any feedback from Origin on the new patch, especially the bard stuff.

Report is OVERDUE!

If no report in 24hrs, I suggest we choose another shard for the publish leader! :mf_prop:
We lost our best tester from Origin, Tina Small. There's a thread here somewhere where she discussed her leaving and where Cal cavalierly dismissed her. I doubt she is reading this, but regulars here will know this is one area even those who never met her will definitely miss her.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmation. The initial [guardian] spawn is bardable, nothing else is. Doing a level 4 in Ter Mur. Slith, toxic slith, bloodworm, kepetch, none bardable.

I guess there had to be a price for all that nice extra loot.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmation. The initial [guardian] spawn is bardable, nothing else is. Doing a level 4 in Ter Mur. Slith, toxic slith, bloodworm, kepetch, none bardable.

Nooo! :sad3: I've just finished my bard/thunter for this publish.

J

Jesara

I know you want to hear of the T-hunt/bard changes, but another problem since the patch is Greater Poison is called Deadly Poison. I can fill kegs of GP although its called DP, it won't let me add deadly poison bottles. And vice versa. I can foresee vendors selling DP that isn't. It's scary killing the bugs on my plants with something called Deadly Poison.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You mean Bards cannot play the game any longer if it comes to Treasure Maps ?

Uhu ?

Besides, "all that nice extra loot" is basically a few new items which will no longer be new after a few weeks of playing the new publish (but Bards will still no longer be able to play with them...).

The loot is still referred to as "junk" by those I have been reading tested the new Maps.

Sp. basically my conclusion about these changes to Treasure Maps is that while before Bards could enjoy doing them, they no longer can now.

This is not really a publish that adds anything, IMHO, it takes away a lot more than what it adds and so, it is, as I see it, a negative addition, not a positive one.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Uhu ?

Besides, "all that nice extra loot" is basically a few new items which will no longer be new after a few weeks of playing the new publish (but Bards will still no longer be able to play with them...).

The loot is still referred to as "junk" by those I have been reading tested the new Maps.

Sp. basically my conclusion about these changes to Treasure Maps is that while before Bards could enjoy doing them, they no longer can now.

This is not really a publish that adds anything, IMHO, it takes away a lot more than what it adds and so, it is, as I see it, a negative addition, not a positive one.
I agree with you, They are basicly refusing the barding profession new content to an extent, Any other fighting profession can complete a Tmap.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the great things about UO is being able to mix and match skills to create unique templates. I absolutely hate it when certain skills get excluded from events or content. Hopefully this was an oversight and not intentionally implemented and so will be corrected.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm reasonably sure the inability to bard anything at a t-map spawn is a bug, and will be sorted - makes no sense to boost a class, then make it massively limited in the following couple of weeks.

I suspect they do have in mind making more content 'group only' though, so there may well be bits of coding going on to prevent any class soloing the hardest level stuff - which of course, as shown in the past, will probably just result in new skill/kit templates that CAN solo stuff, but that's the way it goes....

My guess is that there's a bug tagging the creatures 'summoned' by digging up and opening the chests that is making them non-bardable - I can see a sort of sense in making the 'Guardians' very difficult for any one character to handle, so they are more likely to be taken on by parties, if they are indeed after more 'group-based' activities. Deliberately making anything 'immune' to a skillset is not something I'd regard as reasonable, or sensible, and it would be more like lazy thinking than any serious work on balancing skills.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the great things about UO is being able to mix and match skills to create unique templates. I absolutely hate it when certain skills get excluded from events or content. Hopefully this was an oversight and not intentionally implemented and so will be corrected.

Well, it all depends on what the confirmation which Petra was referring to is about.

Is it a confirmation that there is a bug or is it the "new" way it is from now on ?

Bards are effectively excluded for good from now on to be able to play with Treasure Maps?

If this is the case, there is nothing at all to rejoice about, since we are getting way, but WAY less than what we have been taken away, IMHO.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect they do have in mind making more content 'group only' though, so there may well be bits of coding going on to prevent any class soloing the hardest level stuff

Uhu ?

So now Peerless bosses which require to gather 3 keys to summon is no longer referrable to as "hardest level stuff" ??

How many YEARS have Sampires been doing Peerless solo, now ?

Is this a joke or what is it ?

I mean, a Peerless it is just fine but a treasure Mape is a big no-no ?

This is utterly absurd, IMHO.

Besides, playing with Treasure maps as a Bard did require work, effort, cohordination and skills. I do not see anything wrong for Bard to be able to fully enjoy playing with Treasure Maps.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhu ?

So now Peerless bosses which require to gather 3 keys to summon is no longer referrable to as "hardest level stuff" ??

How many YEARS have Sampires been doing Peerless solo, now ?

Is this a joke or what is it ?

I mean, a Peerless it is just fine but a treasure Mape is a big no-no ?

This is utterly absurd, IMHO.

Besides, playing with Treasure maps as a Bard did require work, effort, cohordination and skills. I do not see anything wrong for Bard to be able to fully enjoy playing with Treasure Maps.
Try getting a friend to read the whole of what I wrote and explain it for you, since it's clearly a bit beyond you....

That comment is about what they are trying to do now. As I clearly said, in the same post so even you should be able to find it, in the past they failed because templates were built that got around the 'tougher' monsters, and they are trying yet again to get away from solo templates being able to do what they consider 'too much' of the game.

The work 'making' implies what they are doing now, and in the future. Please, I know you have trouble finding anything out for yourself, but do try keep up....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try getting a friend to read the whole of what I wrote and explain it for you, since it's clearly a bit beyond you....

That comment is about what they are trying to do now. As I clearly said, in the same post so even you should be able to find it, in the past they failed because templates were built that got around the 'tougher' monsters, and they are trying yet again to get away from solo templates being able to do what they consider 'too much' of the game.

The work 'making' implies what they are doing now, and in the future. Please, I know you have trouble finding anything out for yourself, but do try keep up....

Really ?

In an item based game where, to keep players' interest focused they MUST release always more powerfull items (Note: I do not favour item based design...) ??

That a monster might at some point not be soloable, this is irrelevant as sooner or later there will be a new wave of "higher up" weapons/gears or new skills or adjustments of previous skills and the status quo would be screwed up.

I do not think that item based game can be balanced out, not when they are so complex as UO is, at least. The variables to keep track are just too many and the possible combinations of skills and modifiers just too many.

Furthermore, should it be true that the plan is to make Peerless no longer soloable, it becomes to me even more inexplicable why ML ingredients were not added to Treasure Chests.

That we like it or not, in today's UO, especially on some shards scarcely populated, it is NOT possible to gather parties interested in hunting Peerless any longer at least, not so often to gather ingredients as it should be necessary.

At least, being able to solo a Peerless still give a small chance to a player interested in getting ML ingredients to be able to do it but if this is made impossible then this will only leave that player to have to be subject to the existing caches of ML ingredients on that shard and at the prices the owners will want to charge for them.

Not funny at all, IMHO.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really ?

In an item based game where, to keep players' interest focused they MUST release always more powerfull items (Note: I do not favour item based design...) ??
Apart from in your imagination, where did I say that?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My thunter has always been a mage/bard.
If I've got to rework the template I wish they'd let us know before it went in.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question about Vigorate (provocation): does it also heal the pets?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I've got to rework the template I wish they'd let us know before it went in.

On that, I disagree.

I do not think players should knkow before hand, how the game is going to change since a bunch of players do not browse the boards and so would be at a gross disadvantage as to playing the new changes.

I think that the one and foremost important thing for designers should always be that players are all alike. No players, whether more or less informed, should get a playing advantage from knowing about the upcoming changed at all.

Knowing what is going to happen can mean profiting from it and a whole lot since the more informed players will be ready to get the new items and profit from their novelty.

This is not fair towards all of the rest of the players not privy with the informations about the upcoming changes.

So, that is why I do not agree that the changes should be known to any players before the actual publish.

Infact, I would favour the necessary testing be done on "bogus" items which are not called nor displayed with the production servers names/icons but with fictional names which will then be changes when the publish goes life to all servers.

I think it should be very important that in respect to all players the upcoming changes would not be known to no player before hand.

C

canary

As someone who has a character with bardic ability, EVERYTHING in the game should be 'bardable'... even if its just a 3-5% chance.

To exclude them from using their abilities basically renders it a waste of 200-400 points, and that's simply not fair.

Even though I approve of the recent bard changes, I did finally 'stone' my bard skills because I was becoming annoyed/ dismayed that pretty much everything at EM events were not being affected by these skills. I mean, if you aren't going to allow me to use my invested points, why bother? It's like having a tamer whose pet refuses to attack anything or a mage who will only fizzle spells.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
On that, I disagree.

I do not think players should knkow before hand, how the game is going to change since a bunch of players do not browse the boards and so would be at a gross disadvantage as to playing the new changes.

I think that the one and foremost important thing for designers should always be that players are all alike. No players, whether more or less informed, should get a playing advantage from knowing about the upcoming changed at all.

Knowing what is going to happen can mean profiting from it and a whole lot since the more informed players will be ready to get the new items and profit from their novelty.

This is not fair towards all of the rest of the players not privy with the informations about the upcoming changes.

So, that is why I do not agree that the changes should be known to any players before the actual publish.

Infact, I would favour the necessary testing be done on "bogus" items which are not called nor displayed with the production servers names/icons but with fictional names which will then be changes when the publish goes life to all servers.

I think it should be very important that in respect to all players the upcoming changes would not be known to no player before hand.
LOL Popps disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.
No one has any advantage over anyone else if changes are announced before they go in. If people make the choice to play without checking uo.com (at least weekly) that is their choice.
There is no super-secret alliance of cool people who get their information and farm up all the coolio items before anyone else even notices.

Now take your tinfoil hat off and play UO with some sort of common sense. Please. We are begging you.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it all depends on what the confirmation which Petra was referring to is about.

Is it a confirmation that there is a bug or is it the "new" way it is from now on ?

Bards are effectively excluded for good from now on to be able to play with Treasure Maps?

If this is the case, there is nothing at all to rejoice about, since we are getting way, but WAY less than what we have been taken away, IMHO.
erm, I was confirming that when I dug a chest on test center I was unable to bard the creatures that spawned when I emptied it.

I'm not in a position to confirm anything else. I may have responsibility for updating the information on this site, but I'm only a player just the same as the rest of the people on these boards.

I pay for my account the same as everyone else, in fact, since I'm English, I pay more than some of you thanks to local taxes and an imaginitive interpretation of the exchange rate.

I get my information by playing the game, by carefully reading other people's posts or by having other posters on the board send it to me. ANY implication that I, or anyone else on my staff, have priory knowledge or any kind of advantage over other players is unfair, uwarranted and downright untrue.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic / Mage / lockpick / mining with cart on a stone. Easy pickings and far less whining from "sodas". :thumbup1:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the barding thing is a bug. It makes zero sense to make the guardians bardable but the other spawn unbardable. Hopefully this will be corrected before the rest of the shards get the publish.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's like having a tamer whose pet refuses to attack anything or a mage who will only fizzle spells.

<laugh> We already have this. :) I was out throwing water pitchers at water eles last night and the paragon ones that locked onto my character cast spells so fast nearly every spell I tried fizzled from his being hit by a machine gun of spells. I had to run until well out of range of the paragons to have time for the spell to prep before the next ele spell hit. I was well on the way to the meer village before the dang paragons died.

C

canary

I think the barding thing is a bug. It makes zero sense to make the guardians bardable but the other spawn unbardable. Hopefully this will be corrected before the rest of the shards get the publish.
Again, nothing should be UNbardable, imo. I don't care if it is, like I said, 3-5% chance, at the very least I know I have some chance of utilizing my skills. When they do stuff like this it effectively negates that template's abilities. It's like having creatures that unbond pets (which, btw, I also disagree with).

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Really ?

Apart from in your imagination, where did I say that?

That is what I think and why I disfavour item based design........
Agreed.

If bards can bard the first spawn where is the problem??? I don't think the higher level treasure maps are designed to be solo. This is why we play an MMORPG.

*Cackles*

:pint:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed.

If bards can bard the first spawn where is the problem??? I don't think the higher level treasure maps are designed to be solo. This is why we play an MMORPG.

*Cackles*

:pint:

Really ?

You think that if players can handle solo Peerless bosses and Stygian Abyss bosses they cannot also deal with the spawn of Treasure Chests ??

Hallo ???

This will only affect Bards and get them not to be able to play a feature of the game any longer (Treasure Maps) but it will hardly, I think, deter players from soloing Maps.

If they can solo Peerless and Stygian Abyss bosses, or solo Powerscroll spawns, they can solo Treasure maps as well, I think.

B

Ben Sherman

2 points...

a) it really does look like an unintended bug.

b) the only relatively tough point of the tmaps finding the right spot, or the initial spawn (depending on RL maps reading skills :p )

The single spawns that pop during looting... if you cant kill them without barding there's something really wrong, and you must be running a template of music/peace/provo/dico/lp/cart/mining

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 points...

a) it really does look like an unintended bug.

b) the only relatively tough point of the tmaps finding the right spot, or the initial spawn (depending on RL maps reading skills :p )

The single spawns that pop during looting... if you cant kill them without barding there's something really wrong, and you must be running a template of music/peace/provo/dico/lp/cart/mining
Third point: it's still possible to lure the single spawns away from the chest, right? Only the initial spawn guardians teleport back to the chest.

This workaround is against treasure hunter etiquette but at least it should allow bards to complete treasure maps until the problem is fixed.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm giving thought to changing my Thunter from:

Mage.......120
Eval Int....110
Meditate...100
Resist.......100
Cartog......100
Mine.........100
Locks........100

To

Music........120
Peace.......120
Provo........120
Discord......120
Mage.........120
Resist........100
Cartog/Mining/Locks

I'd read the maps with Cartog, soulstone to Mining to dig the chest up, and then soulstone to Locks to pick the chest.

Would this new template work? I've been thinking about how many mob hit points you have to wear down and how long it takes with mage spells. Having them whomp on each other instead of wearing them down with spells would be a lot less slow progress during an afternoon of Thunting.

C

Cal_Mythic

We are planning on Origin later this week ... obviously we have more to fix, and want to correct the oversight for bards.

Not sure if you noticed, but we are "slowing our roll" on this publish to try to cover what we can before going live. :)

Remember the first rule of the Hitchhikers's Guide :)

And make sure you know where your towel is. We are looking forward to an awesome week here ... :)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can solo lvl 6 maps almost trouble free (depending on facet and spawn) with a mystic thunter. carto, LP, mining, focus, mystic, magery, meditation (or whatever ya want) been usin that template on test and its pretty much unstoppable, except if the guardians are hardcore dispellers.
also ive found on almost every map that the real location is usually about 5 tiles to the east of where it looks like the pin is on map. like some maps i had the pinpoint was on west edge of a road that runs north/south, and the actually chest was on the roads east edge, just takes some doin to get used to the lil difference.

K

Kiminality

There is no super-secret alliance of cool people who get their information and farm up all the coolio items before anyone else even notices.
Hmmm......
Clearly, with your wealth of knowledge, and ability to find your own answers to questions, anything you didn't know about, people would have to have found out secretly from the devs, or whoever else you're including in your wild conspiracy.

C

Cal_Mythic

*facepalms*

I meant going Live later this week ... we have the bard fix to update on Origin first.

Please disregard the man behind the green curtain ...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And make sure you know where your towel is. We are looking forward to an awesome week here ... :)

chill just ran down my spine

given the weather lately, that's not such a bad thing..... do it again, Cal! :lol:

S

Sevin0oo0

My thunter Was a mage/bard, just a mining mule now.I dumped all my maps at Brit, closed the vendor, and trashed the library. 100+ freed lockdowns and I gained 200 empty skill points. Y'all have fun, too tedious & boring for me.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Uhu ?

Still trying to figure out why you immediately assumed something that seemed clearly like a bug, was an intended change, especially with a game system update not yet gone fully public.

Maybe wait a day or two next time before you spaz out and initiate the post barrage.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are planning on Origin later this week ... obviously we have more to fix, and want to correct the oversight for bards.
This sounds cool. Hopefully we can reach some balance in that bards have a really hard time fitting regenerative skills onto their templates to even begin to off-set the massive mana drain.

G

GreekHero

Just a few thoughts:

1. Conspiracy theory: Secret alliances exist, at least it did in the past. Example: after publish of AOS and even though i pre-ordered the game (me and a few friends at the time), nobody could log in for one week (yes I know big problems thousands of people could not log in etc). Logged in to find out that the best of the best Luna housing spots were captured by well known players in my shard (a lot of them respectable library owners) hmmmmm.... (say what you wish here)!

2. It is a proven fact that whenever a template or a particular character that I have been playing for a while when finally his profession becomes popular, things get screwed up. Happened with old stealther assassin in the past, will happen with bard T-Hunter now (I T-Hunt with same template since 2001). Also we old T-Hunter's are really screwed. Now everyone and his mommy will be t-hunting the loot will be high, prices will grow. After some months they will re-evaluate the loot, they will tone down the loot again... And at some point we will be back to looting junk (2003-2005 period if I recall correctly)...

3. I mentioned on another post that their target is not to be able to solo T-Hunts and I see that this is going towards this way (bugs or no bugs). Sorry dudes but you will not have the old Pre-AOS guild T-Hunts. People do not play for fun any more, they play to get items and compete of who wears the rarest robe in Luna bank.

4. And to finish my post to all those who will flame me "You know something guys, a lot of players do not have the freaking time to be developing new templates every 4 months when a new publish hits. I do not want and neither I expect to be able to do everything in the game but come on, this whole thing became ridiculous...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you are being just a little presumptuous of the scope of these changes honestly. I really don't think things are going to change very much. The people who like
t-hunting will keep doing it (solo, as people have been doing on test, and even more so when the barding thing is fixed), people who don't regularly t-hunt probably will for a month or two, or less, then go back to what they normally do. As it is with all new changes.

I don't think anyone will need new templates (might need to work mining, which isn't such a big deal), and I doubt highly that the loot will ever get adjusted down because its already way less quality than what you can imbue. But it's a nice boost for those who do like the treasure hunting system.

As for templates changing once they get popular, lots of times when things do get overly popular its because they are overpowered, or imbalanced in some manner the development team didn't anticipate. These things happen in an ongoing game, things change and evolve.