SetItOff VS Kyrite 20m duel round two.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'

He was on Mixtape Messiah, I was on SNEAKi GHEAL, he was on mixtape because of no med chars, I had no med the whole duel was gaining from 0 and only got to 60. GD He paid me my 20m as well.

V

Vandetta

is he patting himself on the back? kind of a weird post right?

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 29, 2009
is he patting himself on the back? kind of a weird post right?
well since u are in the guild with Kyrite u should know he said to set duel me right now for 20 mill. an set put the out come up on here so everyone that was in global chat know who won after ky called him out. to be honest what is wierd is u would say what u said. :)

V

Vandetta

Well actually no Stu... what is weird is how you consistently post stuff that is rather illegible. Anyway I did not know about a duel nor do I care about duels in the slightest. The thing is that to post it is fine but it’s as if he is talking to someone.
"and he paid me $20mil as well"
I just thought the wording was like a little kid excited to tell his mom something...
“mommy mommy look at what I did”
Haha.. Hugs?
Bubbles... *points finger*
Out.

L

lols

I think what he was trying to do was:

a) post the outcome of the duel
b) let everyone know kyrite came through and actually paid him

Because, let's face it.. many, many duels have gone unpaid on this shard by various players.

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 29, 2009
ok for the million an 1 time, i cant type correctly i cannot spell at all. i quit school at the 8th grade. but last year i was locked up for 90 days an went to rehab for 60 an still made 32k. so tryen to call me ignorant or an idiot, people i already know this, but at the age of 30 it does not phase my real life. that i cannot spell or not have run on sentences on uo stratics forums.. so bubbles please lay off the insults when u type something stupid about someone else to make them look bad, an it back fires, k thanx high fives an tight vibes, right an hugs not drugs....!!!!!!:stretcher: ooo p.s bubbles i hope u can understand what i typed here since it is all proper like

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
I think what he was trying to do was:

a) post the outcome of the duel
b) let everyone know kyrite came through and actually paid him

Because, let's face it.. many, many duels have gone unpaid on this shard by various players.
Correct, I mean why would I want to gloat about killing kyrite; that's a accomplishment?

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
*sigh*

Set, you would be in ZKV, seeing who could solo Rikktor the fastest if Kyrite had not taken you under his wing. At least respect the guy.

S

SUPRsalad

*sigh*

Set, you would be in ZKV, seeing who could solo Rikktor the fastest if Kyrite had not taken you under his wing. At least respect the guy.
I tend to disagree with the first part of this: Set was a fair fighter before Ky. Post-ky, you see a deffinate progression of team-work/x-heal skills, as well as sharpening of 1v1 skill, but its not like he was a trammy. .

I tend to agree with the second part of this, still.

E

Eyes of Origin

ok... I had to stop by and see how this conversation was panning out.

Set, to me, its like you're bragging about winning again.

Now before you jump all over me, like you are known to do, let me explain.

He paid up the first time against you. Just like he's paid up with everyone else he has lost to when there was a gold bet.

See where I'm going with this? There was no reason to post it in the fashion you did.

S

SUPRsalad

It would be ideal, I think, if this were the last post in this thread. . .

Z

Zeranax

In pure mage...

Me > All

Nice win Set. At least you're willing to duel me on a consistent basis when everyone else won't and you don't come up with excuses when you lose.

- Orion

S

SUPRsalad

welcome to stratics geekdom, orion. sign your soul over on the bottom line, would you like a sig sir?

A

Always a Ghost

ok for the million an 1 time, i cant type correctly i cannot spell at all. i quit school at the 8th grade. but last year i was locked up for 90 days an went to rehab for 60 an still made 32k. so tryen to call me ignorant or an idiot, people i already know this, but at the age of 30 it does not phase my real life. that i cannot spell or not have run on sentences on uo stratics forums.. so bubbles please lay off the insults when u type something stupid about someone else to make them look bad, an it back fires, k thanx high fives an tight vibes, right an hugs not drugs....!!!!!!:stretcher: ooo p.s bubbles i hope u can understand what i typed here since it is all proper like
Holy stu not a whole 32K hot dang man you can almost get them new tires for your house you always wanted.:).

P.S. for the love of god, Set can you please read stu's posts or have him read them to you in vent before he posts them.

L

lols

P.S. for the love of god, Set can you please read stu's posts or have him read them to you in vent before he posts them.
you know.. the amazing thing is.. he is actually very well spoken in vent.. I was kinda shocked to find that our Stuii was this Stuii..

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I tend to disagree with the first part of this: Set was a fair fighter before Ky. Post-ky, you see a deffinate progression of team-work/x-heal skills, as well as sharpening of 1v1 skill, but its not like he was a trammy. .

I tend to agree with the second part of this, still.
You thought he was decent before Kyrite? I would of ranked wild-x ahead of him.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
In pure mage...

Me > All

Nice win Set. At least you're willing to duel me on a consistent basis when everyone else won't and you don't come up with excuses when you lose.

- Orion
It's not that anyone is afraid of you, it's that dueling doesn't entertain.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Holy stu not a whole 32K hot dang man you can almost get them new tires for your house you always wanted.:).

You sound like an ignorant ****. If he hadn't been in jail/rehab for 5 months, he would of totaled out at about 55k (assuming it's a steady paycheck). Now take into account that he self admittedly did not finish 8th grade, let alone high school and that he probably didn't go to college. Yeah, he did pretty well for himself.

Stu probably makes more than you and kills you in UO. Sucks for you :(

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 29, 2009

i have a feeling this is narzul.

E

Eyes of Origin

wow supr lets u play with goo, they must be hard up imo. for your nebie little mind i quit M an joined with set...k u got your drama fix now?...
lol i dont even play UO right now, so I dont know anything about supr and goo so where did that come from?

And lols... thanks for setting it straight, the correct way. =)

L

lols

of course :)

And word on the street is you are Krystal? Or have you really not come back to the FUN game?

S

SUPRsalad

Stu has a massive mind for mechanics, and is probably a great deal more competent than much of the player base here. See, at least stu can 'do something'. Before poking your pink little fingers at him, make sure that you can actually 'do something' first. (UO/gaming doesn't count)

E

Eyes of Origin

of course :)

And word on the street is you are Krystal? Or have you really not come back to the FUN game?
not me =/ I am not even playing ... Kyrite asked, but like I told you icq, its not gonna happen. I have no interest in coming back to uo right now.

L

lols

you are so silly..

Ms "I would NEVER in TEN BAZILLIONETY YEARS play WoW"

and now you're abandoned us for lich kings and pugs :(

M

MasterP

wow supr lets u play with goo, they must be hard up imo. for your nebie little mind i quit M an joined with set...k u got your drama fix now?...
How does SUPR have any control who plays with GOO. I have no idea who this chick is. Ky is there gm and they do as they want. Fact is me and ky have knowen each other for like 7 years and only been in 1 guild together. I dont not just pick up anyone. Is there some people in my guild that are not great at pvp? Yes. However we just try to have fun win or lose. Stuii i give you more respect now that you left M. I hate everything they stood for. Also gj on compleeting rehab. Set gj on beating Ky in the duel. However Ky is prob top 5 west coast.

M

MasterP

you are so silly..

LOL WOW was boaring after 2 weeks... F. wow.....

E

Eyes of Origin

you are so silly..

lol its funny you mention wow

i log in every couple of days, do some dailies.. maybe log in to do some icc.. and thats it

gaming has almost become a thing of the past.

O

Omega9

somewhere many lightyears away, on a little planet not unlike Earth, the inhabitants there suddenly start receiving strange binary signals broadcast from the third planet orbiting a rather unassuming Star towards one of the ends of our galaxy's many spiral arms ...

this, of course, causes much excitement in the discovery that they are not alone in the universe, that somewhere intelligent life also exists ...

after many years, they begin to "unravel" these signals broadcast from lightyears away. At first the signals seem senseless, but as more years pass, with many of the planet's greatest minds working on understanding them, one scientist extremely gifted in linguistics, finally manages to translate a small portion of the vast amount of data recorded from this Alien Race's constant broadcasting ...

this translations reads: "SetItOff VS Kyrite 20m duel round two .........."

B

Budwieser

How does SUPR have any control who plays with GOO. I have no idea who this chick is. Ky is there gm and they do as they want. Fact is me and ky have knowen each other for like 7 years and only been in 1 guild together. I dont not just pick up anyone. Is there some people in my guild that are not great at pvp? Yes. However we just try to have fun win or lose. Stuii i give you more respect now that you left M. I hate everything they stood for. Also gj on compleeting rehab. Set gj on beating Ky in the duel. However Ky is prob top 5 west coast.
Mage duels, wow, really?? Harm, weaken, poison, lighting, harm. rinse repeat. your timing is great! GOOD JOB! Being the best mage dueler is like being the smartest guy in a room full of *******, congrats to you. UO isnt about mage duels anymore. it's about team work, friends, having fun. I can't mage (DUEL) worth a ****. But I understand pvp, tactics . etc. And I love the people in our vent, goo or supr.

So get over the "IM THE BEST MAGE IN THE WEST" $hit because in UO now, It really don't matter worth a crap that you can time five spells.

And for the record. Ky, Made, NY, and Mix are great peeps in vent.

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 29, 2009
Dam Stu didn't know you thoguht that little of me. Life is full of surprises eh. Oh well enjoy your new endevour
no the reason i thought it might of been u cause we killed in the star room then bamm the next day all this stuff. im cool with u was just a thought..

Z

Zeranax

Mage duels, wow, really?? Harm, weaken, poison, lighting, harm. rinse repeat. your timing is great! GOOD JOB! Being the best mage dueler is like being the smartest guy in a room full of *******, congrats to you. UO isnt about mage duels anymore. it's about team work, friends, having fun. I can't mage (DUEL) worth a ****. But I understand pvp, tactics . etc. And I love the people in our vent, goo or supr.

So get over the "IM THE BEST MAGE IN THE WEST" $hit because in UO now, It really don't matter worth a crap that you can time five spells.

And for the record. Ky, Made, NY, and Mix are great peeps in vent.
Reason #1 why pure mage is still relevant (from a skills standpoint, not in terms of popularity): Any gimped out...gimp has the possibility of killing practically any mage (mainly and most recently disarm archers). Take the same gimp/person, put them on a mage, and have them duel/fight another decent mage. Almost all of the time the better (and smarter) pvper/dueler will win.

What's the prevailing factor? Intelligence and recognition. Anyone can play a gimp. Not everyone can play a mage.

Why do most people play gimps now? Lack of intelligence, imagination, and/or the justification of a quick/easy kill.

I would argue that pure mage dueling is still a great barometer to judge whether or not someone is also good on the field. Chad, mixtape, set, goku, kyrite, kal, zhuang, lambo, etc are examples. While all of them range differently in terms of pure mage ability, they have the intelligence, ability to recognize situations, and imagination to excel in both pure mage and on the field apart from mostly everyone else (sorry to those whom I failed to mention..just using examples).

I understand why pure mage is continually bashed on and not appreciated because people are a) disenchanted by the rinse/repeat aspect of it; b) NOBODY does it anymore, which in turn it doesn't receive the respect it once did; and c) they are barely any pvpers out there nowadays that have the drive/ambition to want to succeed at pure mage dueling, which is a biproduct of everything else listed above.

Most people will take the easy way out and will play gimps. Others will exclusively play mages, but choose not to duel, which is fine and I commend them. In spite of all of that though...to say that pure mage dueling is completely irrelevant and has no bearing in today's pvp scene is both short-sighted and "********".

/endrant

B

Budwieser

Why do most people play gimps now? Lack of intelligence, imagination, and/or the justification of a quick/easy kill.
Really? No intelligence, or imagination huh? I think it takes alot of imagination to create some of these temps people use, thus intelligence to do so.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Reason #1 why pure mage is still relevant (from a skills standpoint, not in terms of popularity): Any gimped out...gimp has the possibility of killing practically any mage (mainly and most recently disarm archers). Take the same gimp/person, put them on a mage, and have them duel/fight another decent mage. Almost all of the time the better (and smarter) pvper/dueler will win.

What's the prevailing factor? Intelligence and recognition. Anyone can play a gimp. Not everyone can play a mage.

I would argue that pure mage dueling is still a great barometer to judge whether or not someone is also good on the field. Chad, mixtape, set, goku, kyrite, kal, zhuang, lambo, etc are examples. While all of them range differently in terms of pure mage ability, they have the intelligence, ability to recognize situations, and imagination to excel in both pure mage and on the field apart from mostly everyone else (sorry to those whom I failed to mention..just using examples).

I understand why pure mage is continually bashed on and not appreciated because people are a) disenchanted by the rinse/repeat aspect of it; b) NOBODY does it anymore, which in turn it doesn't receive the respect it once did; and c) they are barely any pvpers out there nowadays that have the drive/ambition to want to succeed at pure mage dueling, which is a biproduct of everything else listed above.

Most people will take the easy way out and will play gimps. Others will exclusively play mages, but choose not to duel, which is fine and I commend them. In spite of all of that though...to say that pure mage dueling is completely irrelevant and has no bearing in today's pvp scene is both short-sighted and "********".

/endrant

It's not the template, it's the player. I would rather play a mage vs any gimp. Really, gimps don't have much of a chance vs a good mage IMO...or maybe I'm just really sweet?

Idk man...dueling doesn't really indicate anything if you ask me. Sweet Teen is a top player on the east coast and even west and he can't duel himself out of a paper bag. But his x-healing and syncing is fantastic. Eggplant to my knowledge isn't much duelist by any means, but he is phenomenal as a team mate. Cloud was an ok duelist, but great in the field. Now flip it around...one of the better duelists from the east coast was HackerPVProdigy, there were only a few I would say were better than him in dueling at the time, but he was just horrendous in the field, god freakin' awful. So I wouldn't rate someone based on their dueling skill, but maybe that's just me. Not everyone is as good at everything as me, ya know?

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Reason is decent on the field I will give him that, But most of the people who can beat him Pure mage can beat him OPEN field correct,?

Only thing I dislike about Randy is he is a Cubs fan :( , other than that he is not a bad teemate at all, LOL at least he didnt learn everything from you then join calamitys guild and talk **** :p,

As for dueling, if you take two people who are equal skill its going to come down to who gets the most poison in a row at low life, its luck based, In fact I think dexxer duels might be as skilled as pure mage duels now, its based on speed and who hits the most.. Not dising dueling its still fun but it really does not prove who the better mage is anymore at all..

I did find another pure mage duelist on napa I hope to bring to pacific he beat me the other night, I was laggy but he needs training but very solid,

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Reason is decent on the field I will give him that, But most of the people who can beat him Pure mage can beat him OPEN field correct,?

Only thing I dislike about Randy is he is a Cubs fan :( , other than that he is not a bad teemate at all, LOL at least he didnt learn everything from you then join calamitys guild and talk **** :p,
Reason is great. I watched you two 1v1...fights lasted 10-15 minutes without either leaving screen. You won in the end, but he did redline you numerous times and he has 90-100 ping on the west coast. Nope, like everyone can beat him pure mage, but hardly anyone can beat him in the field. The guy hasn't done pure mage since pub 16.

Only good duelist from Napa I've ever seen was Vision.