• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else think this is a Dev overstepping her boundries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lost-Soul

Mesanna bribed players to gank me in fel. After doing so she rewarded them with this bow. It is a slayer with the name of my character on it.

Attachments

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I smell something funny, and it's emanating from my computer. Nope, temperatures are all good!

I have a hunch we're not getting the whole story here, and maybe not even part of it...

T

Tinsil

I'm guessing you play Mesanna's favorite shard.. Napa Valley?

Edit: But no.. You're a complete ass.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next step is you manning up. Personally..I would be proud as a peacock that a Dev or EM or anything like that hired guns to dirtnap me. THAT is the bomb!!!!

Wipe your nose and man up.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the rest of the story why did she feel the need to have you killed?

Was there somthing oyu did to deserve the wrath of other players, that reached the attention of a dev who agreed and decided to reward the bounty hunters?

:gee:

S

Stupid Miner

0% chance that you're giving enough of the story for anyone to make a judgement on.

If you were honest, you'd gladly tell the whole thing, if not, then you'd make it intentionally obscure... so...

Haha, I like Mesanna even more now :D

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a chat Ignore list of names that needs bows named after them. The ideal of those in power hanging out in game doing things from the hip is exciting. Just need more eyes on large player activities and reward those for selfless acts. And if in your shoes I'd only be down due to the fact all the gold I have couldn't buy one of my named bows. Better would be besides demon slayer if they had UBWS, 69% Curse Self and -50% HCI & DI as mods.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secondly you should blank out the names of chars / players on stratics posts

Your previous actions do not bode well in your favor of anyone feeling any sympathy. also you should consider following the stratics rules of not showing char names in your posts.

:gun:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next step is you manning up. Personally..I would be proud as a peacock that a Dev or EM or anything like that hired guns to dirtnap me. THAT is the bomb!!!!

Wipe your nose and man up.
I agreed, It would be kickin (yes I used the word kickin) to be the object of a hunt even if I hadn't done anything and Mesanna just wanted to have some fun.
I mean at least she's active in the game.

Oh and you aren't telling the whole story, I'm sure cause I've seen some of the things she's put up with including some of the cats players coming up getting naked and start caps typing "I'M ON A BOAT I'M ON A MOTHER ******* BOAT" and that wasn't censored when they said it. My suspicion is that the other responses were right and you've probably been actively trying to ruin things.

Also you had less Str than 30 either way that's weak haha (and I'm pretty sure that says 30). Stat loss? even with stat that is ridiculous.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agreed, It would be kickin (yes I used the word kickin) to be the object of a hunt even if I hadn't done anything and Mesanna just wanted to have some fun.
I mean at least she's active in the game.

Oh and you aren't telling the whole story, I'm sure cause I've seen some of the things she's put up with including some of the cats players coming up getting naked and start caps typing "I'M ON A BOAT I'M ON A MOTHER ******* BOAT" and that wasn't censored when they said it. My suspicion is that the other responses were right and you've probably been actively trying to ruin things.
Sounds like you're a voice of reason here. After reading your sig., does that mean something is wrong? :p

B

Babble

Pff, should have taken your chars head and displayed it in luna :p

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right or wrong I really appreciate Mesanna's sense of humor.

That is simply classic.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right or wrong I really appreciate Masanna's sense of humor.

That is simply classic.
Well, at least it explains why she hasn't taken down the DSFASFA small towers on LA like she SAID she would. She's been too busy with this other important stuff...rolleyes:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. To the question.

It is a pretty lame bow. Is that why you are mad?

If I were a dev, I probably would have banned you if you tried to ruin an event.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Overstepping her boundries ? Nah I don't this so, but just think now there is something named after you in the game that you do not own. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Mesanna is hot.

T

Trevelyan

Hmm... i'd be interested in the story behind this. Its pretty used for something new and its just a demon slayer (and why a demon slayer?). Looks like a modified Juka bow but renamed. Also why does it say "Mesanna" at the end?

Id be interested to know more :)

T

Tinsil

Hmm... i'd be interested in the story behind this. Its pretty used for something new and its just a demon slayer (and why a demon slayer?). Looks like a modified Juka bow but renamed. Also why does it say "Mesanna" at the end?

Id be interested to know more :)
My guess is the demon slayer because he's one of the most lying, annoying players I've ever met, and I only met him for about 30 minutes on Napa.

Mesanna because that's who gave it out!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OY VEY sux it up hawk Dev have done this before. Infact first year they use to come and make hell on napa all the time and Catskills too. I doubt any of the original shards went without a dev making havoc. Hehe infact one holloween hehe they killed off 3/4s of the shard in the moonglow graveyard. Players love it Mesanna is playing her part of a meanie very well and I aplaud her actions to get the shard off their duff to hunt you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OMG I bet I could get 80 billion each for some Flutter slayers...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think the OP's just angry that his bow has jack all for mods. Your one chance to get recognized by the devs and it's a bow that will only unravel into Residue :p

Y

Yalp

Oh please.. I have 2 things named after my toon that were brought into the game by the glorious, err Murderous Mesanna (before anyone jumps the horse here, I was NOT disrupting an event). And I can say without any eqivication.. it is a wonderful thing. I would gladly jump through hoops to have more items with my character's name on it.

So, as so rightfully stated in previous posts.. I call BULL on the OP. The entire story is not out there and even if what was relayed was the complete god's honest truth.. then shut up, sit down and man up!

T

Tinsil

I guess in all fairness... The item should've had a timer.

I've received an item before from Mesanna and it had a timer.. Items such as these I think should, to keep with the integrity of the game I suppose.

L

longrod

I was at this event and it was well deserved.And from what i recall hawk was calling people out to meet him at yew the recipent of this bow took the challenge and went to yew,and returned very shortly .So it wasnt even a bribe more of a reward messena didnt say whoever kills him gets something.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna bribed players to gank me in fel. After doing so she rewarded them with this bow. It is a slayer with the name of my character on it.
Now you are immortal. Take it as a compliment. Would you believe that Lefty the ticket seller was named after me? Unbelievable but true.

O

olduofan

Huh?

Do you mean definitely?

And replaced??? I hope that's sarcasm. If not, god no! Get out of here! She's one of the best devs on board!

SARCASM :gun:

I would like to see a pit viper slayer in the game as well 3x dmg

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like harmless fun to me, In fact its very nice to see a dev taking such an interesting in UO.

Well done Mesanna, You probably made a lot of people very happy with that 'event'! :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whos to say thats not done on a Emulator. Sure thats not from a weapons engraving kit??

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Anyone else think this is a Dev overstepping her boundries?

Survey says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.