Devs - Turn Pub 66 Back Off

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Connor_Graham

Enough is enough already. Turn the pub off. It's riddled with bugs and had no business being released to all of the shards after only a single day on Origin. There were even 1 or 2 posts made yesterday pointing several of them out, yet they went ignored and now today we've got people getting stuck all over the place. I feel sorry for anyone that lives in one of the secret locations that require a rune to get to, or people that live on some of the islands that will have no recourse now but to sail back and forth to get to or leave home.

Man up, admit your mistake, then turn it off until the bugs are fixed. :thumbup1:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Are you sure the Publish was released?

I see nothing about it being released anyplace but TC and Origin.

Granted, however, for me the Herald is blank; it comes up with the headers and the categories but the news appears to have been wiped clean.

-Galen's player

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 13, 2002
Green Mt State - Vt
I know you can get the Quests on Napa now after server up. They were not there (NPC's) last night.

M

miss uo

Yea it must have been. I was able to donate bags items to the library this morning (love this new feature), and some people of GL are having problems recalling.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 2, 2008
We are currently working on two issues:

Can't drop items directly on pack animals

Some runebooks are failing to open

If there are any other issues that you have experienced please let us know. We should have a publish out today to fix these.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
I submitted a bug report on a fun one. When you have multiple containers in your pack (maybe specifically gift boxes), and you put an item in a container, if you try to move another item into that container, or move the first item out of the container, it will switch places with some other item. Definitely one of the odder bugs I've come across.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 2, 2008
You are talking about the SA client grid view right?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2005
We are currently working on two issues:

Can't drop items directly on pack animals

Some runebooks are failing to open

If there are any other issues that you have experienced please let us know. We should have a publish out today to fix these.
Are you aware - its live on all shards!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 5, 2009
Atlantic Shard
ravenofminoc.com
I submitted a bug report on a fun one. When you have multiple containers in your pack (maybe specifically gift boxes), and you put an item in a container, if you try to move another item into that container, or move the first item out of the container, it will switch places with some other item. Definitely one of the odder bugs I've come across.
Ditto on that... I had it happen to me at the bank this morning. I would take something out of my backpack and put it in the bank. When I moved somthing else out of my backpack the last item I put in the bank would jump back into my backpack. Nuts.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 5, 2009
Atlantic Shard
ravenofminoc.com
You are talking about the SA client grid view right?
I was in list view when this happened. I found that dropping the items lower in the list seemed to overcome the issue.

I also reported an issue with boura skin weights being changed, not sure if that's a mailbox issue. Also an issue with spellbooks a the library. There seem to be container issues of all types springing up.

Very annoying.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Seriously guys, why should we test things out for you before it goes live, if you don't fix the bugs that are pointed out prior to going live.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 2, 2008
Ditto on that... I had it happen to me at the bank this morning. I would take something out of my backpack and put it in the bank. When I moved somthing else out of my backpack the last item I put in the bank would jump back into my backpack. Nuts.
We identified the issue. This seems to only be happening in list view and legacy view in the Enhanced Client. Patch should be coming out shortly.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
There's an issue with tooltips in the EC being stuck on the screen. The only way to remove them again is to click on an item in your backpack.

B

BeefSupreme

Seriously guys, why should we test things out for you before it goes live, if you don't fix the bugs that are pointed out prior to going live.
This.

Whoever over there that is forcing hard publish dates needs to be hit over the head with a hammer once or twice.

V

Vaen Swiftar

This is why I don't test things anymore. They ask us to test it all and find bugs before it's released to the public. We do it and report bugs. Patch is released with bugs in tact.

Seriously. I'm very disappointed in the way UO handles this.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
Its not that runebooks are failing to open, its that they open but pressing anything that isn't changing pages just gives a "needs time to recharge" message instead of doing anything, including one being given when closing the book. And its not every runebook, either. Just a good number of them.

You should have waited until after the long weekend. I'm with those saying roll back the publish. All we need is for some massive bug to be found and exploited while you're all on holiday because this wasn't tested well enough and we're all screwed.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
Man up, admit your mistake, then turn it off until the bugs are fixed. :thumbup1:
I've never seen the Dev team, in all my years playing, push a publish this fast. What the hell? Nothing on Herald until after the publish was released on all shards? Why has Pub 66 been rushed? Sure, some of the more vocal whiners in the group wanted the next thing, and complained about the Ricardo storyline and nothing happening, but my gosh, as OP noted and several others are painfully finding out, Pub 66 was no where near ready for Origin let alone shard wide!

T

Tinsil

Maybe there was hidden reasons of stopping some kind of big exploit? Never know.

Everything on it looks good to me except just a couple problems they said they'd fix today. Over-reacting here people?

C

Connor_Graham

I've never seen the Dev team, in all my years playing, push a publish this fast. What the hell? Nothing on Herald until after the publish was released on all shards? Why has Pub 66 been rushed? Sure, some of the more vocal whiners in the group wanted the next thing, and complained about the Ricardo storyline and nothing happening, but my gosh, as OP noted and several others are painfully finding out, Pub 66 was no where near ready for Origin let alone shard wide!
As you've said, and Crysta has elaborated on, this publish was pushed out way too fast, and is so riddled with bugs and unannounced changes to unrelated systems (swamp dragons? really? wtf?) that it needs to be pulled back and fixed before it's released to production again. It's totally nuts to push a publish that affects so many systems out that fast, and not even bother to listen to all of the people that pointed out multiple problems. I'm really hoping that this is all the result of someone pushing the wrong button too soon, and EA/M trying to cover up a simple mistake, because if not, it sure doesn't make certain people look like they made an intelligent decision.

B

Babble

Maybe they thought that after fixing some old bugs they need to introduce some new ones to keep people on their toes?

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 17, 2009
> Publish released without proper testing...
> Feedback not acted on prior to release...
> Bugs and issues that should be fixed prior to release... etc etc...

What surprises me most is that you guys are remotely surprised by this. EA/Mythic has a history of releasing shoddy, untested publishes and even clients to the UO paying public. This has been the case for many years now, and there is no reason to think that this will change in the near future, if ever.

Uo has been running on life support for a while now, with minimal investment from EA/Mythic in the way of time and resources. The end result will always be bugged, rushed and untested software releases that really should still be in testing, but arent as they dont really throw that much resource UO's way.

Really we should all just accept that thats the way it is with UO. As paying customers we probably shouldnt accept this mediocre at best customer experience and service, but hey ... we're probably lucky to still have a game. The reason we still have one is that UO is run on the cheap. More time, money and resources to properly test and release when ready would probably mean its not worth them keeping UO up and running.

So ... you guys really are long enough in the tooth to realise that this is the level of service we will ALWAYS get with UO, so just count your blessings and suck it up. It has been like this for years ... why do you expect it to improve? It wont.

B

Beer_Cayse

I am not surprised at this one bit. What *did* surprise me is the simple stuff that -IMO- should have been caught in alpha testing (pre-TC). The issue with packies not allowing loads to be dropped on them; runebook functionality.

Those are 2 that simply boggle my mind - especially since I have had my rear handed to me for work that was nowhere near this ummmm, incomplete.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
It isn't all runebooks, just seems to be certain ones from an undiscernable time into the past. You can't really blame them for that one since they would be making new ones for such things, and it definitely isn't anything most test centers would even get for the same reason.

Packie thing you can blame them for, tho.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
All things aside, those of you who don't remember them pushing out publishes this fast before are certainly forgetting the times where it hit TC for a week, hit Origin on a Thursday, and Production on a Friday.

This is nothing new... just wish they'd stop doing it.

B

Beer_Cayse

er, like AOS? <cringes> TC for a day, prodo the next. Way kewl! but that was before the current teams time.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS
Turn the way back clock further. How about they do as they are doing AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDD if there is anything really busted. We get a revert for the weekend. I have no issues with reverts. When they start getting their ears bent for to many reverts I think we'll get better releases of the new.

I know for one TC is a waste of time. And more so when you spend real shard time there testing the new. Finding problems and reporting on them, just to see it released. Didn't even give it a second thought going to TC for 66 this time. I'd rather be mining.