• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HUGE ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!! (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Luna house on baja had about 20 bil worth of rares in it, they are all gone. Anohter guy in luna his house was emptied out also

NOTHING IS SAFE we need a revert now, new patch must have made a bug people can release anything anywhere.

REVERT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: HUGE ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!! look now nothings safe

*sighs*

Again? Didn't we go through the same thing a couple months back?

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just went around baja luna tons of houses have been cleaned out. We need a revert and fix now !!!!!!!!!!1

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

*sighs*

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

eeek sounds like a loading issue we had last year , where Luna was loaded empty

Page a GM asap and see if they can fix it, is it missing everything or just the rares ?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

eeek sounds like a loading issue we had last year , where Luna was loaded empty
I had a dream like that once...

...too bad they were able to fix that :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Define "cleaned out". Has every item in the houses disappeared? If they are all empty, it sounds like a shard specific issue. Perhaps a Gamemaster accidentally deleted every item in a larger area than intended.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just went to Baja to check it out. It isn't everything it was pretty random. Some really big rares were left while dye tubs were taken. Stuff was removed from his house set to private. Very odd. Looks like they knew what some stuff was worth but not what other stuff was worth. JINX also said it was all there about 1 hour ago.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Define "cleaned out". Has every item in the houses disappeared? If they are all empty, it sounds like a shard specific issue. Perhaps a Gamemaster accidentally deleted every item in a larger area than intended.
Looks like someone went through all the houses and unlocked only what they wanted, they couldnt get statues for some reason it seems.

before

After

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

looks all items in the houses are gone so its not a robbery. Just a glitch, items are prolly fine just a loadin error like was said.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ya that very much looks like the loading bug they had loast year, most of the stuff was gone just some random things stayed behind....

So i recomend not doing anything big on Baja tonight and wait for the revert :p

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm nothing worse than a tramitized trammie is there? Wow maybe everyone left the shard but you?? Well now you dreams can come true, you have a whole shard to play with yourself :)
Yeah, kinda like playing in fel.

To OP, more then likely something with the new patch. Any other shards having problems?

Tom

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

looks all items in the houses are gone so its not a robbery. Just a glitch, items are prolly fine just a loadin error like was said.
Well I sure hope that it is just a glitch but it sure does not sound like it since all his stuff was there a little over an hour ago...

R

RD Gumbie

Well at Jinxs house, floors are empty except for Rubble, statues and Deamon blood. The 2stry statue is still there out front while his mailbox is gone as well as like 100 valentines day cards. Also his vendors are untouched in the same house.

Green Mysts house still has Rubble and statues nothing else

Foxys house just has demon blood on all her display tables are empty as well

W

woody_cats

have they taken the shard down yet

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nope. Still on my list. Any other shards experiencing anything like this? It does not look like Atlantic has been affected.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That has to be a loading error, or those pictures are telling me someone stole the books from doom? I've got 10 they can have for free.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, so looks like no decay stuff remained and is locked down. So maybe some kind of hiccough, where everything in these houses got unlocked, then the decayable stuff poofed and everything relocked?

It's weird anyways. My private luna home was unaffected, the small public one I'm going to sell was affected - I just lost a messageboard and some empty boxes, no biggie. Some people have lost billions.

REVERT

Just do it. The sooner the better.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this makes me sick to my stomach, just revert already whats the hold up please ?

W

woody_cats

has at least gm and customer support and cal and the developers been notified and responded

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Breath, slowly...slowly...

But how scary for the people that came on and found everything gone.
Thank goodness they can revert and turn everything back the way it was.

Poor Cal, it hasn't been a good week.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I agree they need to revert the shard already..the later it gets the worse it is.. hello devs..? anyone out there.?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I seen Ziggy view the thread and Mesanna is looking at it now, so they know and are on it...

Its wait and see now

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Some trolls were removed. Some posts that weren't trolls but were attached to them went with them. Sorry.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Baja going down....2 min warning

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok guys, we are reverting Baja, the shard should be down soon. It will be reverted to this morning.

Mesanna

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

epic customer relations , stellar results ... great people.

http://i46.***********/2el9zc2.gif

W

woody_cats

great response and doing the right thing in a timely manner

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Guess people need to keep an eye on Baja when it comes back up to make sure that it does not happen again or at least to figure out what caused it if it does happen again.

T

Thorin Ironbeard

Got a handle on what caused the problem?

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Got a handle on what caused the problem?
We are still investigating but in the mean time we thought we would revert so everyones hearts can start beating again.

Mesanna

R

RD Gumbie

It's those bad house tiles on Baja, im telling you! :) Have Supreme icq me and ill show them to him, 91689320

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's those bad house tiles on Baja, im telling you! :) Have Supreme icq me and ill show them to him, 91689320
you say this as if something has been brewing for some time now... but the items were lost this morning. what exactly is a bad house tile ?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im glad people got their pixels back but since I dont have a luna house and my pixels in fel was not affected it kind of sucks on my end. I lost all my work this morning I did. Spent time in the abyss for nothing. Want to compensate me for my losses/skill gains Mesanna and any others that put time in the game this morning and had no idea about Luna. Do I now I have to check luna out everyday before I can do anything just to be on the safe side? HTF does Luna get to recall a revert b/c of pixels but others suffer for wasted time spent. I want an explanation on your behalf Mesanna.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

We are still investigating but in the mean time we thought we would revert so everyones hearts can start beating again.

Mesanna
lol, qft. PIXELS PEOPLE PIXELS, EVERYONE CALM DOWN!

Its not like EA stomped on ur new puppy!

B

BeefSupreme

Don't play Baja, but good job!

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Baja is back and so are the items.

S

slaveone

My Luna house on baja had about 20 bil worth of rares in it, they are all gone.
I'm glad you got your stuff back but that estimate of value is just a little bit laughable sorry...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Really? I thought his estimate was very low. He had several Unique items as well as very low number items. It is all back at the moment so hopefully it is fixed.

R

RD Gumbie

you say this as if something has been brewing for some time now... but the items were lost this morning. what exactly is a bad house tile ?
Sorry was a joke with the smiley face,

Baja has a ton of bad house spots where an old house fell and the foundation outline is still there, So running around you hit an area you cant run around, sometimes you get trapped inside and its an invisible maze and you have to recall out. and they also block house placement. Ive found an area that is the outline of a Smithy house except no patio.

While I had the lead engineer there looking into the revert I mentioned he could Icq me anytime and Id show him some of these spots.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm glad you got your stuff back but that estimate of value is just a little bit laughable sorry...
Well, a single item on the Rares Forum just went for 2.5 billion, so anything is possible.

On the other hand, if you actually know specifics on his collection and are making an honest personal assessment of its value, then your post comes across as an unnecessary put-down.

R

rayvowrath

Good Job!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im glad people got their pixels back but since I dont have a luna house and my pixels in fel was not affected it kind of sucks on my end. I lost all my work this morning I did. Spent time in the abyss for nothing. Want to compensate me for my losses/skill gains Mesanna and any others that put time in the game this morning and had no idea about Luna. Do I now I have to check luna out everyday before I can do anything just to be on the safe side? HTF does Luna get to recall a revert b/c of pixels but others suffer for wasted time spent. I want an explanation on your behalf Mesanna.
"the needs of the many ... out weight the needs of the one." -Spock

L

Luke Carjacker

lol, qft. PIXELS PEOPLE PIXELS, EVERYONE CALM DOWN!

Its not like EA stomped on ur new puppy!
We know what 20B translates to in RL dollars; you can get a new puppy for a heck of a lot less than that.

Ok, I'm joking. I'm a dog lover, got two of my own and wouldn't trade either one for all my stuff in UO 100x over.

However, it always irks me when people say "it's just pixels". Yeah, blank CDs cost 10 cents each and recorded CD (do these still exist?) cost $15. Blank DVDs cost 20 cents, but fill them up with data and they cost $20. People pay $100 a month for cable or satellite TV service and all they're getting is a bunch of ones and zeroes streamed to a box in their house.

Fact is people spend hours (dare I say hundreds or thousands of hours to put together a collection like this) playing the game. If it were just pixels, EA/Mythic could just email everyone a bunch of pictures each month - how about they email you with a picture of a castle or a 100m pvp weapon? It's not. Acting otherwise and belittling those that lost stuff is simply asinine.

R

RD Gumbie

Well you gotta think of it as, what if it was Fel instead of Luna? or peoples bank boxes? Do you actually think the time you spent in the abyss today is worth what you've aquired and placed in your house?

And Hell when was the last revert? You act like this is an everyday thing, they did the right thing, leave it at that.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"the needs of the many ... out weight the needs of the one." -Spock
BS!! Many others were out this morning just not me. This is your ally or guildy not your stuff you lost so dont act like it was your stuff also. This is how it works .......

Certain groups > then other Groups time. Since this was how they saw fit for Baja then the rares festival should of been reverted also. Still no explanation of the issue but if it was a bug and somebody had removed these items it be no different of that situation wouldnt it. Not all items were missing from what was said in GC from what I saw. Some luna houses wasnt even touched. Just certain ones and this was being said

S

shulginist

"You Survived The Luna Great Lakes Revert" shirt came from when all the houses in Luna lost a majority of their items on Great Lakes just last year. Once the revert happens all should be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.