Expansive Letter from Cal....

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
"Hey all,
This is a prelude to topics that I’d like to cover in a more expansive letter this week:
* We’ll discuss house design and gozamats: History and future
* Current Status of Pub 66
* Event story arc and loopholes in the fiction – Giving EMs a chance to catch up before major Live Event
* Status of the 3rd party program detection – We are ready to implement and will let you know our plan of action for repeat offenders
Also, right now we are doing our best to get Pub 66 to Test Center .. hope to get you an update in the next 36 hours.
After Pub 66 initial we will have a follow up publish several weeks after as we couldn’t fit all of pub 66 in one palpable serving.
See you on the boards,
Calvin"

It is now later in the week. Any bets to whether or not we hear anything from Cal today? Not holding my breath but I really hope he does post a letter today!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Given things that have gone wrong this week (goza mat issues, water pitcher issues, EC problems, etc.)...I'd say cut the guy some slack...he's only human.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
Tell you what. If Cal were to post that his letter won't be ready this week I will cut him some slack. But it seems that we have all been cutting a lot of slack lately on the "no word from EA Mythic" front for a while now. It is hard to cut slack on empty promises! That being said, there are still a few hours for the letter to be posted.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2008
You seem to forget that there have been times when the team did not listen to us at all.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Tell you what. If Cal were to post that his letter won't be ready this week I will cut him some slack. But it seems that we have all been cutting a lot of slack lately on the "no word from EA Mythic" front for a while now. It is hard to cut slack on empty promises! That being said, there are still a few hours for the letter to be posted.
Are you new to UO?

Origin's original motto was "We Create Worlds" ... but the runner ups for that were "We Make Empty Promises" and "Vaporware: So Real You Can Almost Taste It!" (see Wing Commander Online, Wing Commander VI, Wing Commander VII, UO2, UO:X, Privateer Online, Privateer 3, Strike Team, un-named sequel to the Crusader series, etc.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Tuesday evening, Cal gave us a brief heads-up and indicated he'd be writing out a full letter to us on Wednesday. He said that letter wouldn't be looked at by the Marketing and Community Relations areas until Thursday. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1732891#post1732891)

Given all the ruckus yesterday over gazas, I would imagine Cal might have pulled his letter out of the review process and stomped over to the Customer Service area to hash out new language in the letter regarding the use of gazas. If so, then he probably had to resubmit it to Marketing and Community for review, hopefully on a "rush" basis. He also mentioned Tuesday he must have his letter translated into Japanese. I would imagine he probably wants both the English and Japanese versions of the letter to be officially posted on the official UO sites at approximately the same time, which probably becomes a more challenging task the closer we get to the weekend.

I think we'll hear from Cal sometime later today and I wouldn't be too surprised if we also see him post tomorrow. I really don't believe the UO team's silence means they've disappeared or given up on us. No, I think they're just incredibly busy and working hard to stay on a schedule.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
Far from new to UO honey. Been here for the better part of 13 years as well as playing all the wing commander games and all Ultima games including Aklabeth. I was meaning to spark a response from Cal not to start an argument with you!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
Tina,
I would believe that they are busy if they had not waited 3 weeks to name an item with a patch. Perhaps they are too busy now with only 4 or 5 people on the UO team now. They have no schedule anymore, at least when it comes to patches and publishes. They have gone the way of Vague mentions of upcoming publishes sometime in the near future....etc. Back to "SOON TM"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I certainly hope he's choosing his words very carefully... so as not to irritate the "carebears" such as it were, any more than he already has.

I'll also assume that he's thinking over these changes to water pitchers, the magic wave and gaza's..... Hopefully he's very careful about what he comes off saying.

*wanders off to search for flamethrower and pitchfork*

*winks at Cal*

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Doesn't really matter if he posts a letter or not, or if it's today or tomorrow. It doesn't even matter what's *in* the letter at this point. There's too much unrest and anger in this forum to appease anyone. No matter what changes are made, it will never be enough for most people.

C

Cal_Mythic

I certainly hope he's choosing his words very carefully... so as not to irritate the "carebears" such as it were, any more than he already has.

I'll also assume that he's thinking over these changes to water pitchers, the magic wave and gaza's..... Hopefully he's very careful about what he comes off saying.

*wanders off to search for flamethrower and pitchfork*

*winks at Cal*
Bring it!! :)

F

Fayled Dhreams

Tuesday evening, Cal gave us a brief heads-up and indicated he'd be writing out a full letter to us on Wednesday. He said that letter wouldn't be looked at by the Marketing and Community Relations areas until Thursday. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1732891#post1732891)

Given all the ruckus yesterday over gazas, I would imagine Cal might have pulled his letter out of the review process and stomped over to the Customer Service area to hash out new language in the letter regarding the use of gazas. If so, then he probably had to resubmit it to Marketing and Community for review, hopefully on a "rush" basis. He also mentioned Tuesday he must have his letter translated into Japanese. I would imagine he probably wants both the English and Japanese versions of the letter to be officially posted on the official UO sites at approximately the same time, which probably becomes a more challenging task the closer we get to the weekend.

I think we'll hear from Cal sometime later today and I wouldn't be too surprised if we also see him post tomorrow. I really don't believe the UO team's silence means they've disappeared or given up on us. No, I think they're just incredibly busy and working hard to stay on a schedule.
*pulls pin*
*flinnnnnngs explosive device*

So!
time for another "classic shard" thread ?:gee:

*runs laughing*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
*gasps*
Y'all done brought Fayled outta retirement!!!!!!!!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Doesn't really matter if he posts a letter or not, or if it's today or tomorrow. It doesn't even matter what's *in* the letter at this point. There's too much unrest and anger in this forum to appease anyone. No matter what changes are made, it will never be enough for most people.
Sad but true.

But I like to think it's only a handful of people on the forums who seem to be constantly restless and angry. I like to think the most people on and off the forums appreciate the letters regardless of the day and content.

Devs are constantly busy with stuff. I consider it amazing that they even keep up with posting here from time to time even with how people reply to them. Especially with the issues with goza mats and third party program detection.

C

Cal_Mythic

Hey guys ... awaiting final thumbs up :)
Apologies for the delay I was busy playing Mah Johg on my iTouch all day :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I was busy playing Mah Johg on my iTouch all day :)
lol

Assuming you're kidding, don't kid like that in the present climate. It was like when Jeremey said at a Town Hall that the team "would try to dodge [questions] as best we can." Not a good joke to make in UO circles....

If you weren't kidding....Well, this would be an example of something we should not know.

*chuckles*

-Galen's player