• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOGameCodes refund?

T

Trevelyan

UOGameCodes.com is always playing oddities with me; gives me weird errors at times and I have to restart the whole process of adding to my basket, buying etc.. combine this with me being up so late in the UK and, well, stupid me bought the wrong code in the end (an SA new player account code - $40).

Yeah yeah I know it says on some codes that you CANT get a refund, but on the new player account code it doesn't say that! I have a feeling this is probably going to be a "no, you noob, get more sleep" but is it possible at all to get a refund or has anyone managed to get a refund in the past?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you're right, this is where I should tell you that since you didn't double check it was your fault, but... We have all been there and it never feels good to lose $40!

As for a refund, I've never tried from there before. I'm not sure if they would have a way to check the code to see if you applied it or not, plus from their end you could get a refund THEN apply it. So I'm assuming all codes are final sales =/

T

Tazar

Call Customer Service (866) 543-5435 and see if they can help. I know of 5 or 6 people that did this back when SA first launched - and EA was helpful in correcting things.

Good Luck!

G

gjohnson5

UOGameCodes.com is always playing oddities with me; gives me weird errors at times and I have to restart the whole process of adding to my basket, buying etc.. combine this with me being up so late in the UK and, well, stupid me bought the wrong code in the end (an SA new player account code - $40).

Yeah yeah I know it says on some codes that you CANT get a refund, but on the new player account code it doesn't say that! I have a feeling this is probably going to be a "no, you noob, get more sleep" but is it possible at all to get a refund or has anyone managed to get a refund in the past?
Unfortunately in this recession , some simply have not learned at all what good customer service is. The best thing to do is stop doing business with them if fixing bugs or supporting ordering customers is too much for them to handle. Being a 'noob" is not an excuse for lousy support

T

Trevelyan

Could call, but im outside the US.

Would likely cost me $40 in bills just to resolve anything!

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could call, but im outside the US.

Would likely cost me $40 in bills just to resolve anything!
Use Skype with Skype Out. That way you can call landline numbers for the same fee as if you where in that country :)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you could find a friend who wants to start playing UO or wants an additional account. They could buy an upgrade code and you could swap codes.

C

Cal_Mythic

Hello all ...
I've been handling these in offlines ... so if you have a problem please let me know and I will contact the vendor directly ...

- c

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Off track but... cool title Cal! :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what it says on the site. But the 2nd time I called I didn't even mention what the site says. I just explained my situaiton (that I had bought the new player and meant to get the upgrade).

The first time I called, the person mentioned the website (which I quoted to begin with) and refused to refund. The second time I called, I didn't mention what it says on the website and received a full refund.