• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2010 Rare Items Found!

• Thread starter Question MarX
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Q

Question MarX

For those inquiring minds out there, here you are!
This is simply putting a picture for everyone to see.
I AM NOT THE THIEF! NOR AM I ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SITUATION!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you're not the theif but you are holding the rares... yea that makes sense Mr newly registered to stratics, congrats on your first post

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dunno why u would do something like that when u were apparently trusted by a lot of people, hope it keeps you up at night

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, how did you get the screen shot if you are indeed not associated with the heist? Did you pull it off guild forums somewhere or something?

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they opened my gunpowder bag ! it wasn't spilled like that before !!!! the nerve !!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
It think it looks better spilled Demon... if that helps.... But I dont see your Goblin lantern. I know its not white.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea it does look better spilt, i might open up the one i have on chessy dunno yet :p and the lantern is probably in a bag

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poster is not affiliated with this. This individual was asked to investigate this issue and gotten this screenie from another person who claimed he was solicited at Brit bank to look at it. I told them this should be posted so that others may see and hopefully some new information can come forth that we might have missed.

Ok more to add. The person who received this screenie said it came from another person out of the blue either icq or AOl who call himself Konesky (Frank Grimes), then logged. So the receiver did not have a chance to ask any questions. He then forward this screenie to this poster to post here for all to help further.

L

Luke Carjacker

I see both of my items (well, hard to tell by just picture without label but I'm pretty sure).

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poster is not affiliated with this. This individual was asked to investigate this issue and gotten this screenie from another person who claimed he was solicited at Brit bank to look at it. I told them this should be posted so that others may see and hopefully some new information can come forth that we might have missed.
That's cool but it seems to me the first order of business is to interview the person who took this screenie. Does that person have more screenies which include character names that hold these items? Does the person remember the character the contacted them? And so on and so forth.

R

Rand Al

The stuff is gone you wont get it back the guy who took it needs the crap to survive. The lowest form of life is someone that befriends people to steal from them. This person is someone that cannot get a job to get what they want so this is how they pay for there cheese puffs and xbox live acc. There mom was like you are 30 and we are cutting your allowance! So blame her... and a lesson to all you whom trust people don't people are trash!

B

Balian of Asgard

WOW, a scandal. I hope they get busted and banned.

I thought it may have been a real thief job, not a scam, cuz I know a thief who robbed PAH a few times, by being a thief using real uo thief skillz.

S

shulginist

Hey Tet and oblivion if its true that you guys have the items can I get mine back :sad3: . Yaya in before the names are edited...

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gee, does all this mean we will soon be seeing "UO Home Security Cameras", or Spy Cams" as a new anniversary item?

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

well the real thief is the one who posted right after the original post was put in.. well i guess we will see Tet leaving pac or using a name change really quick.. wrr own damn fault for co owning a known thief

B

Budweiser KDL

well the real thief is the one who posted right after the original post was put in.. well i guess we will see Tet leaving pac or using a name change really quick.. wrr own damn fault for co owning a known thief

wow is all I can say about you Tet. WOW. Karma pal. KARMA is coming.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's too proud as a thief so he will just use different characters.

R

Rand Al

He's too proud as a thief so he will just use different characters.
he is not a thief he is a con man a thief on uo is someone that takes items out of your pack using the skill. He befriends some over-trusting group of people and takes them for all they have which in the real world is jail time (for all you basement dwellers jail time is like you getting banned from uo). There is no con skill in uo :p

M

Muu Bin

he is not a thief he is a con man a thief on uo is someone that takes items out of your pack using the skill. He befriends some over-trusting group of people and takes them for all they have which in the real world is jail time (for all you basement dwellers jail time is like you getting banned from uo). There is no con skill in uo :p
This :thumbup1:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
set fire to their property and put their characters in public humiliation shackles so we can throw tomatoe's at them, no court needed.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Tet and oblivion if its true that you guys have the items can I get mine back :sad3: . Yaya in before the names are edited...
Well, this is a shock to me. I am in the process of moving and now hearing about a pretty huge scandal that occurred during the Rare Festival. For those who want to implicate me due to prior events or a falling out of some sort, feel free. You know who you are....someone who attempts to post evidence....although ICQ / AIM logs with messages to me and no responses back don't really mean much...

Just because I am a thief in game doesn't mean much more than that, but you can all choose what you want to believe.

It sounds to me that a particular thief became a bit to power hungry, and since he wasn't a part of what was consider the best heist in UO history, he became rather jealous....jealous to the point that he would betray someone that out did him. He even would state that:

"...IT WOULD BE A HONOR TO HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH THIS (censored)"

But as soon as he is not apart of the grand scheme, he tries to rat someone out by pointing false evidence, and then will turn around and say:

"We will try to get all items back to all the players that lost them'

Sounds pretty much like a hypocrite....and i'm sure he will get his.

-Oblivion

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who want to implicate me due to prior events or a falling out of some sort, feel free.
-Oblivion
i'm willing to implicate you based on the fact you're selling two of the (my) stolen items on atlantic via the east coast trading forums right now.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm willing to implicate you based on the fact you're selling two of the (my) stolen items on atlantic via the east coast trading forums right now.
Interesting, because both an Angel Gift Box and Sparkle is so rare. But not at all.

But thank you for the consideration. = )

A

A Rev

It sounds to me that a particular thief became a bit to power hungry, and since he wasn't a part of what was consider the best heist in UO history, -Oblivion
So...Is this you saying you planned this heist *Coughs* SCAM *Coughs* and he wasn't involved so hes given you up??

For the reference, this isn't stealing in the thieves sense(UO wise). This is a scam and is the lowest form of action taken in this game.

Well...close to, duping is just below it.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares who scammed who? People gave their items to an organization in which they placed their trust and that organization failed to maintain a secure and trustworthy environment. It is the fault of the auction holders and nobody else.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares who scammed who? People gave their items to an organization in which they placed their trust and that organization failed to maintain a secure and trustworthy environment. It is the fault of the auction holders and nobody else.
Pretty much this.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude. Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

A

AND3R

Dude. Talk about hitting the nail on the head.
I would have never guessed to see a
comment like that from you....:lol: Hate PAH much?
Tet is on ignore, but i didnt say anything about responding to your posts dear.
To be continued...

Kahlan, you still owe me a "lost Glacial Blaze Hair dye" from the DsNchanted -R3 Auction House- days that i was never reimbursed for. What ever happened to that old DsN signature you had on these forums???

The Irony! Damn, And3r has a good memory!

I agree with Pink as well.

D

Duke X. Winter

I think I disagree with you Pink, but not totally. I agree the fault should be placed on the people who granted the theif access, but in all due fairness, let's not shurk personal responsibility. Regardless of who took the items, I personally care that people were scammed. Say what you will about our shard, but right now it's being built on ill feelings. It's things like this that prevent that days of RP from coming back Pink, because it's things like this that stop us from wanting to trust other people. I know you miss those days of OTW and SWG Pink. I know you'd love to RP again, even if just a little. It made UO fun. It wasn't something you always had to do, but it was great to do it.

I understand that some of you couldn't give a crap about RP. But wouldn't it be nice to at least believe there were some people in game that you could still trust? This wasn't a UO theif stealing from a backpack. This wasn't a UO theif stealing from a crate. This was a carefully planned confidence job. That's not UO.

Sure...it's pixels. But it's also time. I remember when I gave my account name and password to someone I trusted very dearly, only to attempt to log in one day and find my password changed on one of my accounts. When I logged into another account I had to sit and watch as someone on my characters was transfering my stuff to another account, and I was almost helpless. It was ONLY because I knew the right things to say to them to make them stop that I still have some of my most precious belongings. And they are precious to me. Some of it isn't worth anything. But most of it was either given to me by real life friends I played with, or stuff I worked hard to achieve.

It's all value. One way or another. See it as you will, I suppose. And I know my opinion isn't going to get me many more friends, but at least I can say I had to courage to say something.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have never guessed to see a
comment like that from you....:lol: Hate PAH much?
Tet is on ignore, but i didnt say anything about responding to your posts dear.
To be continued...

Kahlan, you still owe me a "lost Glacial Blaze Hair dye" from the DsNchanted -R3 Auction House- days that i was never reimbursed for. What ever happened to that old DsN signature you had on these forums???

The Irony! Damn, And3r has a good memory!

I agree with Pink as well.
Dear, Ander... how much you need. Though I did return the money to Liquid, your memory must not be that great after all. And the auction was called N.A.P. Nchanted Auctions of Pacific. Again your memory not as good as you think it is. After I give you your money it will be my pleasure to add your hipocritical ass to ignore.

A

AND3R

Dear, Ander... how much you need. Though I did return the money to Liquid, your memory must not be that great after all. And the auction was called N.A.P. Nchanted Auctions of Pacific. Again your memory not as good as you think it is. After I give you your money it will be my pleasure to add your hipocritical ass to ignore.
I recovered from that loss two years ago, bit late to make nice now.

Surely you don't expect me to take payment from you? Next time you should distribute the reimbursement to the person who submitted the item, instead of just handing it out to whoever you deem appropriate. Besides, this was to make a point of your weak sauce security -not about making things right for And3r! So i guess thats back to back mistakes for your Auction practices too. So lets not talk about beating the dead horse. Most of your horses are still alive!

Indeed I would remember getting an item - If you admit giving it to another person and not me then that means that I'm still sane and have a fantastic memory.:lol:

Don't pass go, dont collect $200 - Just put me on Ignore.
Can you even do that on stratics?!?!?!?!?
:thumbup1:

A

AND3R

Again this topic has slid into a personal agenda -
Find me on another thread!
:offtopic:Peace!:drama:

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...Is this you saying you planned this heist *Coughs* SCAM *Coughs* and he wasn't involved so hes given you up??

For the reference, this isn't stealing in the thieves sense(UO wise). This is a scam and is the lowest form of action taken in this game.

Well...close to, duping is just below it.
I think he is refering to shinobi

S

Shinobi

Well i don't plan to get sucked back into this whole convo, but if you guys wanna know where your rares are, Tgoru (Tetricyde) is sporting a Hollow Branch (among a ton of other rares) around Luna on Atlantic. He's also selling them openly. Not sure why no one has realized that yet, lol.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said in another post it makes me sick seeing him sitting around the bank openly showing off all the stolen loot and we have to just sit by and do nothing. All you can do is say im not gonna buy off him, but not everyone cares... and not buying off him really doesn't do much.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this is a shock to me. I am in the process of moving and now hearing about a pretty huge scandal that occurred during the Rare Festival. For those who want to implicate me due to prior events or a falling out of some sort, feel free. You know who you are....someone who attempts to post evidence....although ICQ / AIM logs with messages to me and no responses back don't really mean much...

Just because I am a thief in game doesn't mean much more than that, but you can all choose what you want to believe.

It sounds to me that a particular thief became a bit to power hungry, and since he wasn't a part of what was consider the best heist in UO history, he became rather jealous....jealous to the point that he would betray someone that out did him. He even would state that:

"...IT WOULD BE A HONOR TO HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH THIS (censored)"

But as soon as he is not apart of the grand scheme, he tries to rat someone out by pointing false evidence, and then will turn around and say:

"We will try to get all items back to all the players that lost them'

Sounds pretty much like a hypocrite....and i'm sure he will get his.

-Oblivion
Hey...you are just as much to blame for all of this as anyone else that was involved. I hope you enjoy the ill gotten goods.