• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People are placing houses all over the Abyss on Catskills

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Something has gone seriously wrong. There are houses all over the place down there, one of them blocking the way to the Medusa's lair.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well they are gone now, and I didn't think to check the names on the signs. I did page about it. They were clearly placed by the pvp crowd because they had that ever popular water fall design.

M

Mairut

I hope it didn't make their other houses go idoc (if they had any). Would be hilarious if it did though.

:lol: I thought about trying that the other day just to see if I could. Wouldn't have hurt anything with Atl's server revert, but I didn't know that at the time.

Oh well... rolleyes:

T

Tazar

I wonder if this is the old bug where houses on one facet somehow bleed through to another. I occasionally run across houses in Ilshenar - or boats at my house (on dry land in Malas). Given that you saw houses already built, that's my guess.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something has gone seriously wrong. There are houses all over the place down there, one of them blocking the way to the Medusa's lair.
I went to Medusa's lair entrance and visited a couple of other places and did not see any houses. Maybe your ghosting? If anyone else is seeing houses in the Abyss please let me know.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you log out then in, they'll disappear, sometimes, when i recall to abyss I'll see the fel yew houses there as well.

A

AesSedai

- Aye as others have mentioned, perhaps the 'ghosting' thingie was happening. I noticed it happening to me on the EC fairly often (but that was last noticed by me over a month ago when I last got to put a few hours into playing UO).

Y

Yalp

I just combed Baja Abyss looking for Garg Day 3 spot.. didn't see hide nor hair of any houses rolleyes:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wonder if this is the old bug where houses on one facet somehow bleed through to another. I occasionally run across houses in Ilshenar - or boats at my house (on dry land in Malas). Given that you saw houses already built, that's my guess.
I went to Medusa's lair entrance and visited a couple of other places and did not see any houses. Maybe your ghosting? If anyone else is seeing houses in the Abyss please let me know.
If you log out then in, they'll disappear, sometimes, when i recall to abyss I'll see the fel yew houses there as well, including mine. =p
Ahhh, ok, maybe it's another enhanced client glitch. I guess I'll bug report it. And here I thought it was those nasty, cheating, exploiting, son-of-a-.... pvp'rs again! I have had the experience of either Felucca or Trammel bleeding into the opposed facet, but never Felucca bleeding into The Abyss. Although maybe it's appropriate somehow... :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

House ghosting has been in every client since Trammel was added, so it's not limited to the EC.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And come to think of it, it would be pretty stupid to place a house in The Abyss using an exploit considering your character name would be on the sign for all to see, and there is no way you'd be able to keep it... Ghosting it is... :)

A

AesSedai

House ghosting has been in every client since Trammel was added, so it's not limited to the EC.
- Yeah. It just seems like I've noticed it more in EC... but maybe that's because I play EC most of the time these days.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Might have something to do with the house cache... might consider lowering the size of it and see if that helps.

T

Tazar

And come to think of it, it would be pretty stupid to place a house in The Abyss using an exploit considering your character name would be on the sign for all to see, and there is no way you'd be able to keep it... Ghosting it is... :)
Amazingly, lots of people were stupid enough to place houses at champ spawns a few years ago when it was bugged... They knew better, but just could not resist.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get a fright?.. :D