• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA can sure promote a game when they put their evil minds to it!

C

Cal_Mythic

I'm starting a bumper sticker campaign that says ...

"Honk if you hate leveling!"

V

Vaen Swiftar

Leveling isn't TOO bad..
how about "Honk if you hate grinding!" ?

Then again... that depends on the type of 'grinding' ... ....

>.>

C

Cal_Mythic

*covers his eyes*

Teen Rating ... Teen Rating!!

How about ..."UO: Even your mom would approve! (I just asked her!)"

J

Jhym

Perhaps... but reading the reviews it comes across as fun early on then just plodding repetition or boring puzzles later.

Sort of like how fun UO can be early on until you actually decide to work on a skill through GM or Legendary. UO is tough to market because the graphics don't lend themselves to building a campaign.

It's really tough to get someone excited about a little pixel mage that you can't even look closely at. And environments that are essentially the same blocks hooked together. When we are walking through waving grasses to get to a battle between dozens of mages, warriors, bards and tamers, both on the ground and in the air, spells sparking, creatures flapping, screams and battle cries surrounding us as we ready our swords.... they might be able to put something together then.

T

Tukaram

What? I'm so lost.

Actually working skills is one my favorite things in game. (really!)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That commercial is awesome though...the song was the kicker "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, only Darkness..everyday.."..Genius..

M

Mitzlplik_SP

That commercial is awesome though...the song was the kicker "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, only Darkness..everyday.."..Genius..
Right on man,I was laughin with some friends in vent the other day cause I could not get that song out of my head. Game looks pretty good,but I`m not a console guy.

R

Rainfo X

I read the entire Dante's Inferno Divine Comedy trilogy. Utter trash! jk but it's not my kind of thing... The game, on the other hand... well, maybe I might play God of War III instead, Ive heard its a GoW clone basically.

Anyways, yeah, UO wouldn't look out of place at all being advertised, everybody would rush to their nearest game shop to join in on the 56k fun. /sarcasm

WAY TO USE THE :gee: OP. lol

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they cant promote uo.. if they do then more people would play, that means they would have to put more money into the computers.. that means they wouldnt make as much as they do now with there old already paid for equipment.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I'm starting a bumper sticker campaign that says ...

"Honk if you hate leveling!"
Sell it on Uo.com for $1 and ill purchase one!

Then you can go and buy a McDouble cheese burger hehehhe

I

Ironrose Dartmore

Dante's Inferno is FREAKY.. gives me the creeps when im playing.. They did an amazing job

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when are we going to see a commercial on TV to advertise UO Cal? enough WoW commercials ! they need competition !

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just wanna see how they make a sequel to Dante's Inferno - it's not like the REAL literary sequels will work...

N

Nh'bdy

More Ultima swag people.

Cloth maps...please? Or another wave of statues, as much as I detest McFarlane's work these days.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bumper stickers...

"My RL house is in felucca"

"By day aeronautic engineer, by night chop trees in Yew for brilliant amber"

"Homemaker by night, Dread Lord by day"

"Does fishing up sea boots in UO count for community service graduation requirements?"

-Lorax

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right on man,I was laughin with some friends in vent the other day cause I could not get that song out of my head. Game looks pretty good,but I`m not a console guy.
Here's something scarier.....Bill Withers just popped into my head....he recorded that, no? No, I'm not googling it.....I'll just walk over n look at my stack of scratchy 45's.

Whose up for some Double Dragon??

B

Beer_Cayse

And it was ever so much better when UO had "M" for Mature! Uhhhhhh, yeah. Better.

B

Beer_Cayse

Maps! Yes! Gad I miss the maps I had years ago. Heck, even the early Ultima games on Atari 8-bitters had a flipping cloth map!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'll assess how 'central' UO is to the EA thinking if the marketing approach talked about here is seen to be happening with UO.....

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i REALLY hate about EA is their marketing for Mythic.

- European branch is out of GTC's (90 days) for UO for months now. My trusted retailer has to sell US imported ones. (Which are unluckily slightly more expensive.)

- A visit of www.electronic-arts.de proved me, that there is not even a single word about UO or DAOC.

- Why arent there low budget versions around of UO? There are enough boni around, to make it worth buying. Maybe 9'th anniversary house tiles and 6'th char slot? The prices for War got dropped into low budget regions. (Europa/Germany at least)

- Where are my informations about reopening of the european DAOC servers by Mythic? I got a confirmation email from GOA about them closing and an invitation to the last days for free. Now I ve read by accident that those servers are up under Mythics control and that there will be a free month. Where is my email/invitation about that?

- Are there any changes to get combi abos like Sony is doing with their mmo's? Simplest idea would be something like pay 2 and get three. Natural combination would be UO + DAOC + War for one price. (Thought I would prefer to get 4 for the price of 3 for 2 times DAOC and 2 times UO.)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*covers his eyes*

Teen Rating ... Teen Rating!!

How about ..."UO: Even your mom would approve! (I just asked her!)"
UO is not a game for kids, it's for grown up, just look at the age of it's players.

Lets drop the Teen Rating and go back to Mature Rating.

How about... "UO: Even your mom, dad and grand parents will love this game, maybe they will allow you to play it with them. (Ask your grand mom or grand dad if they know about it)"