• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Age not Updating

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a problem with accounts not updating to the proper age?

My acct should of updated to 132 month back in January. I sent in a help request and was sent to their website, also was told to send in a help request through there to get my acct age corrected. After filling out the request with the proper information, I have not received any response, other then the 1st email stating I would have an service rep contact me within 24 hours. I updated my question 3 days later and I am waiting on a response. 5 days later still waiting!

K

Kalinda

I have the same problem, except that my account has been stuck at 81 months for a while.

Y

Yalp

same issue.. should have aged Jan 24, now Feb 10th. I've sent in 2 GM pages , 2 Bug reports, 2 questions on EA's page... nada.. Might be nothing, but is CS in the Fairfax, VA area? We've been under a ton of bad weather closures since last Friday.. fwiw

S

Suzzy

A GM can't help you with account related issues. Anything account related is something you have to contact billing for. Not getting a response is due to the lackluster support billing has. You can try calling them, but you'll just get some kind of outsourced help desk which will more than likely be pretty frustrating to deal with.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will never understand why this is a recurring issue. How complicated can the code really be to count the number of months between two dates? I understand that there can be multiple dates of cancellations and re-activations, but unless they have an extremely poorly-designed account database, this should just be a simple query. So what causes the account ages to repeatedly get "stuck"?

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Try asking the devs in that thread up top. Maybe this is fluff enough to get a reply.... maaybe.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try asking the devs in that thread up top. Maybe this is fluff enough to get a reply.... maaybe.
I did that and like customer service, I guess it isnt important enough yet. Still waiting for my acct to update 6 weeks later. :sad2:

Y

Yalp

I will never understand why this is a recurring issue. How complicated can the code really be to count the number of months between two dates? I understand that there can be multiple dates of cancellations and re-activations, but unless they have an extremely poorly-designed account database, this should just be a simple query. So what causes the account ages to repeatedly get "stuck"?
Yeah I can understand having some issues with the accounts that go "inactive/active/inactive" but my account has been active and paid in full since it was started in 06... I got a reply from a CS at EA, directing me to a different department, of course, and now I get a response from that department directing me back to the first department... egads!

C

Cal_Mythic

Yeah I can understand having some issues with the accounts that go "inactive/active/inactive" but my account has been active and paid in full since it was started in 06... I got a reply from a CS at EA, directing me to a different department, of course, and now I get a response from that department directing me back to the first department... egads!
Ugh.

Caught. Let me see what's up ...

C

Chelle

My account STILL says 48 months when it turned that back in December.

C

Cal_Mythic

Hi,
we passed this off to our guys at EA ... we'll be working on this over the next few days however, and I'll track this thread.

Seems a service was hung, and was restarted. We'll be monitoring over the next few days.

Thanks for the heads up ...

- c

L

lupushor

Same problem. My account should have turned 36mo on 5th of february (since it turned 24mo on 5th of february last year - continuously paid since then -and 35mo on 5th of january). My third anniv is of most importance to me cos of the xtra 5.0 skills ( i got lots of skills on stones which i cannot take without deleting 5.0 of other skills, so now most of my account is blocked waiting for anniv). I will also be able to finally ride ethies! So i have emailed EA they of course promised to reply within 24 hours. That was 3 days ago.
Xtremely frustrating, i'm just logging in to see if it aged and then log out. :(

L

Lady Narsil

Hi,
we passed this off to our guys at EA ... we'll be working on this over the next few days however, and I'll track this thread.

Seems a service was hung, and was restarted. We'll be monitoring over the next few days.

- c
Thank you for at least looking into it. I hope it is fixed soon as I am about 6 months off now.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

- c
Woot thanks!

L

lupushor

Thank you Devs :)
Apparetly you did something that worked. Two of my chars just aged today 36mo and this solved my problems :) The rest of chars will soon follow.
**cheers**

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot, Mine grew 3 months today. Thanks Cal and whoever fixed it at EA. :)

C

Cal_Mythic

Yay ... awesome! Glad we could help guys!! And good morning everyone!

Y

Yalp

Feb 19 log in at 10am.. my account has not updated yet. ;( On an upnote, I'm glad to know there's someone checking into it!

C

Cal_Mythic

Feb 19 log in at 10am.. my account has not updated yet. ;( On an upnote, I'm glad to know there's someone checking into it!
Grrr there's always one in every class *winks*

Will keep looking at this and following up ...

- c

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrr there's always one in every class *winks*

Will keep looking at this and following up ...

- c
Hello Cal and thank you for everything you have done so far...my account was 66 months some time ago but over the past couple months it dropped to 65 months any ideas why?

DirectorDoug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, Cal, but it is at least TWO in every class...my account has been stuck at 142 months since December (November? Not sure). I have been waiting to get those new tiles, but nothing changes (accidentally got myself a crystal gate, thinking that must be the new tiles....my bad)

Bene'Dryl

Y

Yalp

So yesterday 1 of 7 toons updated to 48 months (my youngest character) today at log in, 2 more have updated (again the youngest toons). So at this rate, it should be Monday before all 7 toons have updated... progress!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, Cal, but it is at least TWO in every class...my account has been stuck at 142 months since December (November? Not sure). I have been waiting to get those new tiles, but nothing changes (accidentally got myself a crystal gate, thinking that must be the new tiles....my bad)

Bene'Dryl
OMG You too. 2 of 3 accounts updated this week. Acc #1 (94 to 96 mo, youngest) 2 months. Acc #2 (102 to 103) 1 month. Acc #3 (my oldest 142mo.) stayed the same. Wish it was reversed. Oldest acc get 2 mo bump. Also waiting for that 144 mark.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I have one account and I'm not sure if it is properly udating but have 2 characters who are currently at 141 months and the other 5 at 140 months. One of the characters at 141 is my first character (the first one I created and kept.) The other one with 141 is the fifth character I made.

D

Deb

Mine finally updated am now at 150 months, danggg I have been playing
this game a long time.

R

rieley

Does anyone know a contact at EA that handles these issues? One of my accounts updated on friday, rather 2 charaters on that account updated to 24 months. The remaining charaters are still at 23 months.

To make it worse I received only one vet reward gift. The reward gump came up only the charater that had turned 24 months.

So now I stand with two charaters at 24 monhts, three charaters at 23 months. One reward gift and no reward gump option at log in to choose anymore vet rewards. I contacted a GM that sent me to the site dealing with your account age, nothing to do with vet reward issues. I spoke to billing at EA by phone and they have no power to do anything. Where does a person go from here? Is it possible I have a bugged account? The thought of waiting another year to see if this happens again ... I dunno.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got some even stranger info on this problem. I have an account that just hit 144 months. It always changes on the same date of the month. This time it didn't. Ok, I'm patient, who cares? However, that's not what is happening. My main char on that account hasn't updated, but the other characters have. ????

UO is a very strange game.