• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will the UO store be fixed?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a search for this, but couldn't find a definite answer. Soulstones are kind of a necessity on Siege, and not being able to get them kinda sucks.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a search for this, but couldn't find a definite answer. Soulstones are kind of a necessity on Siege, and not being able to get them kinda sucks.
There is an uncomfortable work-around - and I can understand if it is unacceptable to most. Calling customer support, and waiting an inordinate amount of time.... I was able to purchase 2 of them this way, with no issues (at least as far as claiming them in game went).

The CSR I spoke with had no idea what the actual problem was with the site, other than they were aware there was an issue, nor did he have any idea as to when it would be fixed.

Sorry that I can't offer a better answer - EA's customer service rep couldn't, either.

C

Cal_Mythic

Hey ... I'll take a look into this ... I'll get in touch with the UO Store owner and pass him this thread ...

- c

B

Beastmaster

I used it to open a new account this weekend, no problems.

C

Cal_Mythic

Why do I feel I just go pwnd? :p

Speedy I sent an IM let me know specifics, please.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, Cal. I really hope the UOGameCodes folks can resolve this issue soon!

When I called EA Customer Service to buy my Legacy Token codes over the phone in early Jan the rep knew exactly why I was calling when I said UOGameCodes... he knew it was for a Legacy Token. I don't know when the problem began, but it has been broken for this one item since before early Dec 09.

Please stay on the site managers until they fix this. This issues seems to get posted (or added into an existing thread) in UHall about every week when a new member of the community runs into the problem.

-OBSIDIAN-

B

BeefSupreme

Ya I was hoping he wouldn't think i was being mean spirited
but Cal has created a UO meme. Just wait til I get a chance
to get on photoshop! Lol!

C

Cal_Mythic

okay so .. .the error you are getting about Legacy tokens is that the administrator is saying he is actually OUT of them.

So ... please let me know if you were charged and did not receive a code.
I will be request more Legacy token codes today. Should take about 2-3 days to get the new ones in (or less ...)

The store should have confirmation by account transaction and account name if you paid and did not receive a legacy token. If this is the case I'll make certain you receive the items you were charged for.

No you don't get them for free for being a cool person! :)

Apologies to the guys who got the errors ...

Ta!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
okay so .. .the error you are getting about Legacy tokens is that the administrator is saying he is actually OUT of them.

So ... please let me know if you were charged and did not receive a code.
I will be request more Legacy token codes today. Should take about 2-3 days to get the new ones in (or less ...)

The store should have confirmation by account transaction and account name if you paid and did not receive a legacy token. If this is the case I'll make certain you receive the items you were charged for.

No you don't get them for free for being a cool person! :)

Apologies to the guys who got the errors ...

Ta!
I tried to check out with legacy tokens 20-30 times, but I never got charged for any of my attempts. I just got the standard, "We are experiencing unusually high order volume..." message every time.

I do have to laugh that the store is out of a virtual item, but I am sure that just means the UOGameCodes system needs new codes generated that the UO servers will recognize. I'll buy two more tokens the day it is active. Can't get enough soulstones! I hope 2-3 days is a good assessment of how long this will take. :)

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Cal_Mythic

Obsidian we actually got a response tonight and the codes are mapped. Hope to have it all squared away tomorrow :)

T

Terrorknight

Obsidian we actually got a response tonight and the codes are mapped. Hope to have it all squared away tomorrow :)
I am loving the quick turn around to getting these things fixed. Alot of people would have sat here for days not knowing why it was broken. Thanks Cal.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was virtually impossible to run out of virtual items.
It is if you limit the amount of codes generated for an item, which appears to be the case. Seems like they generate a set number of codes for an item and "restock it" every set time frame as to not have an overstock of generated codes. Probably easier to keep track of this way.

C

Cal_Mythic

Just got confirmation that there should be Legacy codes on the store.
Let me know if there are any other problems.

- C

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is EA ... Challenge everything ...
Yeah....some of the CSRs are as helpful as they can be, given how isolated they say they are from the rest of the team.

The rest seem to be just clueless. One of them last week told me to post on the UOForums website regarding a potential bug on Origin that I was trying (unsuccessfully) to submit via e-mail to the uobugs or tcbugs e-mail addresses.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yea! I just successfully purchased 2 Legacy Codes from UOGameCodes and they arrived in my email inbox. I will try cashing one of them in later tonight. This is a good sign. :)

-OBSIDIAN-

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Cal, I can't buy anything from that site for like 2 years. Always get the same message......"A problem was encountered while processing your order:
There was a problem encountered while processing your order.
If you continue to have problems, you can order Ultima Online products over the phone.
Please call 1-866-543-5435 and press option 7 to speak with a sales representative.

Processor Error #31"

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO just got a cool thirty bucks from me and I hope it all goes to you Cal! Thanks again for getting that problem fixed!

C

Cal_Mythic

Hey Cal, I can't buy anything from that site for like 2 years. Always get the same message......"A problem was encountered while processing your order:
There was a problem encountered while processing your order.
If you continue to have problems, you can order Ultima Online products over the phone.
Please call 1-866-543-5435 and press option 7 to speak with a sales representative.

Processor Error #31"
Hey Kinney ... I sent you a PM on how to get this handled ...

- c

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please give this Cal Mythic guy a raise please...

That website has been broken for months and i do mean months and you got it fixed in days...

Well done sir keep up the good work...