• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think we need to tone things down a little.

S

Smokin

With less and less people playing maybe its time to make things a little easier mostly for the newer spawns. I am sorry but the population is dropping it seems more and more. Its getting harder to find groups to do things and what not.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the team plans to address this by opening up factions across facets so people who want to be in factions will be forced to do their PvM hunting in a group.

S

Stupid Miner

With less and less people playing maybe its time to make things a little easier mostly for the newer spawns. I am sorry but the population is dropping it seems more and more. Its getting harder to find groups to do things and what not.
Huh, I've hardly noticed anyone leave recently. Been seeing a whole lot more new people. Guess it's a matter of perspective.

S

Smokin

Huh, I've hardly noticed anyone leave recently. Been seeing a whole lot more new people. Guess it's a matter of perspective.
Your on the same shard as I am and I don't know what your seeing but hunting groups are getting less and less. Yeah there is the community hunts but they last what a few minutes basically, try looking at different times, its dead. Also not everyone always wants to do the same thing. I run around to the different spots for things to do and see no one. If you do they usually do not talk to you or are afk.

As for the factions part I really don't understand how that is going to help other then to make the click type groups come to do PVM and be rude and ignorant with there trashing talking in Trammel.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your on the same shard as I am and I don't know what your seeing but hunting groups are getting less and less. Yeah there is the community hunts but they last what a few minutes basically, try looking at different times, its dead. Also not everyone always wants to do the same thing. I run around to the different spots for things to do and see no one. If you do they usually do not talk to you or are afk.

As for the factions part I really don't understand how that is going to help other then to make the click type groups come to do PVM and be rude and ignorant with there trashing talking in Trammel.
I've bumped into a slew of true UO newbies in the past month on Pacific myself. I've spent all nighters helping them get their feet wet with the game, something I haven't done for quite awhile.

Perhaps you just aren't looking in the right spots. UO is a very big game, after all.

S

Smokin

I've bumped into a slew of true UO newbies in the past month on Pacific myself. I've spent all nighters helping them get their feet wet with the game, something I haven't done for quite awhile.

Perhaps you just aren't looking in the right spots. UO is a very big game, after all.
I go to many of the places specially where newbies would be, I have seen some but unfortunately they are not quite experienced to handle the things that I am talking about. Also I have grown maybe bitter from all the fake newbies coming and begging for new gear and what not trying to get stuff. So I guess maybe that is why I do not approach them anymore. Another thing I guess I don't have the tolerance to train them anymore.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I go to many of the places specially where newbies would be, I have seen some but unfortunately they are not quite experienced to handle the things that I am talking about. Also I have grown maybe bitter from all the fake newbies coming and begging for new gear and what not trying to get stuff. So I guess maybe that is why I do not approach them anymore. Another thing I guess I don't have the tolerance to train them anymore.
So it's not that there's a lack of newbie around, it's just that you've become too cynical and don't have enough patience.....

S

Smokin

So it's not that there's a lack of newbie around, it's just that you've become too cynical and don't have enough patience.....
No its the lack of experienced players. I never mentioned anything about wanting newbies around in the first place.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No its the lack of experienced players. I never mentioned anything about wanting newbies around in the first place.
Nevermind. I was mixing this up with another thread I was arguing in. Apologies.

R

Raconteur

I think the game has gotten WAY TO EASY....& that Its time to get back to the PvP roots the game started with. :twak: Just saying that on less populated shards youve actually got It alot easier....less people to fight when It comes to doing spawns. Less people to compete with when It comes to resouces etc.........

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the team plans to address this by opening up factions across facets so people who want to be in factions will be forced to do their PvM hunting in a group.
LOL ya right we are all red. i have been on a blue on a day to day basis since the last millenium.

you think there gonna let mad dog murderers like me in any other facet? not happening.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL ya right we are all red. i have been on a blue on a day to day basis since the last millenium.

you think there gonna let mad dog murderers like me in any other facet? not happening.
Draconi stated on more than one occasion that reds wouldn't be allowed into Trammel. However, at one or two 2007 or 2008 town hall meetings, the developers said they were working on a way for people to get rid of murder counts and there would be a cost involved.

Perhaps as part of the upcoming changes to factions , they will implement something like the old faction murder reprieve. (See Phoenix's post here in Ask The Devs regarding upcoming changes: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1584289#post1584289. Old faction murder reprieve info is here: http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=640))

Of course, even if they allow a temporary reprieve, there's no guarantee people will be able to restrain themselves long enough to get any benefit from it.

C

Cal_Mythic

Woot! Thanks Sable! Remember the regurgitated worms work better with the new hatchlings :)

U

UOKaiser

I don't know about these newbies. But most of them are either returning players that leave and come back every few years,fake newbies, or players who have played 5-9 years and still have no idea how to play most aspects of UO. I try to bring in players but they just not intersted. Oh I hate the type of newbie that acts like one but is all design to get into your guild to be able to rob or pk guild mates those are plentiful.

M

Mairut

Draconi stated on more than one occasion that reds wouldn't be allowed into Trammel. However, at one or two 2007 or 2008 town hall meetings, the developers said they were working on a way for people to get rid of murder counts and there would be a cost involved.

Perhaps as part of the upcoming changes to factions , they will implement something like the old faction murder reprieve. (See Phoenix's post here in Ask The Devs regarding upcoming changes: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1584289#post1584289. Old faction murder reprieve info is here: http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=640))

Of course, even if they allow a temporary reprieve, there's no guarantee people will be able to restrain themselves long enough to get any benefit from it.
If they do decide to reinstate some type of murderer reprieve, I hope that they come up with some way better than "join factions". Got one faction character that I made red (very foolishly, I might add) at Yew gate.
It'd be cool (not cool=neat, but cool=ok) if you could quit whatever faction you're in and join a new one and have it do that same thing.
IF they implement reprieves, of course.

... Oh I hate the type of newbie that acts like one but is all design to get into your guild to be able to rob or pk guild mates those are plentiful...
Thieves are newbies now? Sweet!!!
jk!!! :lol:

Newbies are pretty common on my shard, albeit I'm on Atlantic.
I help out every once in a while... more often than not though, I'll run home for something, be gone a total of 5 seconds, back to Haven, and find that they haven't stayed put. After looking for them for a few mins I throw whatever it was in my bank and leave *shrugs*.
Can't help someone if they don't know to stay put when you say "Be right back, I'm going to run and get something for you".

S

Smokin

If they do decide to reinstate some type of murderer reprieve, I hope that they come up with some way better than "join factions". Got one faction character that I made red (very foolishly, I might add) at Yew gate.
It'd be cool (not cool=neat, but cool=ok) if you could quit whatever faction you're in and join a new one and have it do that same thing.
IF they implement reprieves, of course.

Thieves are newbies now? Sweet!!!
jk!!! :lol:

Newbies are pretty common on my shard, albeit I'm on Atlantic.
I help out every once in a while... more often than not though, I'll run home for something, be gone a total of 5 seconds, back to Haven, and find that they haven't stayed put. After looking for them for a few mins I throw whatever it was in my bank and leave *shrugs*.
Can't help someone if they don't know to stay put when you say "Be right back, I'm going to run and get something for you".
I'm not talking about newbies and I do not think faction will help what I am saying. I am saying things like Stygian Dragon and things like that are too strong. They need to look at them and make them easier for smaller groups.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm not talking about newbies and I do not think faction will help what I am saying. I am saying things like Stygian Dragon and things like that are too strong. They need to look at them and make them easier for smaller groups.

The ENTIRE idea behind that monster was to FORCE FEED the COMMUNITY concept to you solo players (^*%()^ ok....I think I have had enough for this morning....Simply put if you can not solo something, make more friends...if you still cant, make more friends, continue this process until you can do it and you may just yet see the making of a community, UO style.

U

UOKaiser

Cloak‡1610766 said:
The ENTIRE idea behind that monster was to FORCE FEED the COMMUNITY concept to you solo players (^*%()^ ok....I think I have had enough for this morning....Simply put if you can not solo something, make more friends...if you still cant, make more friends, continue this process until you can do it and you may just yet see the making of a community, UO style.
Force feeding is never good. Especially when there is so few players these days. What are we down to now 10k unique players across 26 shards with completely different times and playing habits from each other.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I like the current difficulty. I really love the new, more challenging Slasher.

A major focus of the guild I'm in is training new and returning players to PvM. The current difficulty levels gives us a broad range of training activities, easily ranked from easy to difficult.

S

Smokin

Cloak‡1610766 said:
I'm not a solo player, I am not sure where you got that from. I am saying less players are around that is why things need to be easy on some of the newer things. Come to my shard and see how often and dead things like these are. If it is dead as in not many doing them it means one of two things. One its too hard and two the loot sucks. Which are combined to be the same thing, too hard for what you get.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Force feeding is never good. Especially when there is so few players these days. What are we down to now 10k unique players across 26 shards with completely different times and playing habits from each other.
*sighs* Unfortunately I think so, so sad...so sad....But still "something" needs to be done =\

I'm not a solo player, I am not sure where you got that from. I am saying less players are around that is why things need to be easy on some of the newer things. Come to my shard and see how often and dead things like these are. If it is dead as in not many doing them it means one of two things. One its too hard and two the loot sucks. Which are combined to be the same thing, too hard for what you get.
Hmm, I did say you didn't I....Well I didn't mean "you" specificly...I didn't even intend to say the word you in my response, altho I am an advocate for making the entire game harder and not just new things, so your argument would be lost on me....and I only play with 3 other people most of the time.

You say to go to your shard but do not offer a basis for what shard you are assuming is more dead than the one I play on (it is possible, but still).
I'll go as far as to say my normal shard to play on is Napa valley with my wife and 2 friends, almost never anyone else and hardly even that many people (and I am still an advocate for harder things) I also play on Atl rarely with 1 friend because they ping better there, but even then that's only 2 people and we do decent against most, so there you now have your basis of my game play to say if yours is more dead or not. :)

S

Smokin

Cloak‡1611218 said:
*sighs* Unfortunately I think so, so sad...so sad....But still "something" needs to be done =\

Hmm, I did say you didn't I....Well I didn't mean "you" specificly...I didn't even intend to say the word you in my response, altho I am an advocate for making the entire game harder and not just new things, so your argument would be lost on me....and I only play with 3 other people most of the time.

You say to go to your shard but do not offer a basis for what shard you are assuming is more dead than the one I play on (it is possible, but still).
I'll go as far as to say my normal shard to play on is Napa valley with my wife and 2 friends, almost never anyone else and hardly even that many people (and I am still an advocate for harder things) I also play on Atl rarely with 1 friend because they ping better there, but even then that's only 2 people and we do decent against most, so there you now have your basis of my game play to say if yours is more dead or not. :)
Well all I can say is you are lucky for having a partner that plays the game with you. I imagine people that have that almost never find it hard to get a hunting party. Unfortunately for me I do not have that, much like many others.

A

Arch Magus

I think the game has gotten WAY TO EASY....& that Its time to get back to the PvP roots the game started with. :twak: Just saying that on less populated shards youve actually got It alot easier....less people to fight when It comes to doing spawns. Less people to compete with when It comes to resouces etc.........
absolutely right on :thumbup1:

Amren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol.... you need a group for this game?

I can solo pretty much everything UO has to offer.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Was hoping to run into you tonight Smokin *winks* Nice turn out that lasted til past 11 for me. The community is there, beyond the community hunts. I'm in love with General Chat so call me out and we'll do something :) Now, just fix the EC crashes with Slasher and I'm sure we'll see more enjoying it.

Attachments

B

BlackMagus

Well all I can say is you are lucky for having a partner that plays the game with you. I imagine people that have that almost never find it hard to get a hunting party. Unfortunately for me I do not have that, much like many others.
Maybe you could do what others have been doing in this situation for ages: join a guild that shares your interests. :thumbup1:

Seriously, I guess everyone knows what you are talking about, but some spawns not being perma-camped because they are actually tough might not be such a bad thing after all.

Otherwise, where'd be the challenge?

Btw: If you are into in promptu hunt groups, pay a visit to Navrey these days... :lol:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How odd .... one of the great strengths of UO has always been the 'sandbox' in it's widest sense, not just in terms of individual character creation but also in openness for almost any playstyle. An attempt to 'force feed' any particular style of play onto people leads to that vision being abandoned and the underlying philosophy for the game shifting to that shared by the majority of other mmorpgs out there - if I wanted that, I'd be playing those games, and not UO.

I hope they have the sense to keep options open to every playstyle, not only concentrate on 'groups'.

B

BlackMagus

How odd .... one of the great strengths of UO has always been the 'sandbox' in it's widest sense, not just in terms of individual character creation but also in openness for almost any playstyle. An attempt to 'force feed' any particular style of play onto people leads to that vision being abandoned and the underlying philosophy for the game shifting to that shared by the majority of other mmorpgs out there - if I wanted that, I'd be playing those games, and not UO.

I hope they have the sense to keep options open to every playstyle, not only concentrate on 'groups'.
The MM in MMORPG is Massive Multiplayer. No one is abandoning any vision, it just happens this isn't a single player game, and cooperative game play is mandatory for some aspects of the game... ;)

S

Smokin

The MM in MMORPG is Massive Multiplayer. No one is abandoning any vision, it just happens this isn't a single player game, and cooperative game play is mandatory for some aspects of the game... ;)
Yes in deed it is but when less people are around the mandatory aspect becomes a killer to the game. Lets see less people on, Oh I can't do this but I can do the things I have done for years and sick of. What happens, that person that is playing either takes a break or quits so the next person that comes along looking for someone to do stuff can't find anyone either. That is the reason some things need tweaking on the size of groups it needs. I never requested to make all things so easy a single person can do them.

S

Smokin

After actually reading all the way through this, two words........go outside.
Hey, I do go outside. Not as much though right now being winter and all but, that is probably another reason I am having trouble finding people in game because of the times I get on to play.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some parts, certainly it's required, and I'd not have it any other way. However, just because it's 'multiplayer' does not excuse making so much of it 'group only' that there's not enough content left for the people not in groups.

We are parts of a 'massively multiperson' world, but I suspect few of us would appreciate being compelled to spend most of our time as part of a local sports team or corporate social club - and I really doubt many would happy to pay for the 'privelege'.... ;)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, I do go outside. Not as much though right now being winter and all but, that is probably another reason I am having trouble finding people in game because of the times I get on to play.
What times are you on? If you look close at the picture I posted, how many of the same guild tags do you see running around? Hop in general chat and ask, "anyone want to do Styggy or Slasher?" Odds are you'll find others wanting to do the same thing. A small group of 4 of us played a few rounds with Slasher too so it's a challenge but doable. Either way Smokin, PM here and I'll hit anything that breathes fire at me with ya *smiles*