• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about house foundations

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Any chance they are looking into adding the other house foundations? UO houses
would look so much more complete if one designed with Sandstone walls could
have a sandstone foundation. Or used tower/keeps walls could have a tower/keep foundation.

Keep seeing all these new foundations added but no
updated to the classic or Tokuno tile foundations.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have a sandstone foundation. Or used tower/keeps walls could have a tower/keep foundation.

I would like to see that too. Hopefully more than a marginal part of the player base would like it too.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good point. There aren't any plans for that right now, but we'll hold on to this suggestion for the future!

Thanks!

-GO

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Great thank you!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good .... while your at it please add more tiles to the housing menu.... we are missing a great many tile set pieces stair parts... and dozens of other things from the house custom menus. Especially roofing tiles.

I'd like to see the red and black from Umbra in there. :grrr:

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed
and please please please could we have front steps & blocks that match the foundation styles? i would love black front steps & blocks that match the new black foundation... or the classic greyish white shade that matches the color of the top right example in gareth's pic... (right now we only have yellowy/beigey white, or pinky/orangey white).

K

KoolAidAddict

15 more, while were at it......

1. East side steps to exit the plot!

2. More better house sign poles!

3. 45 degree angled pieces, including doors!

4. Real round pieces, not the ones that we have now that take 175 tiles to complete!

5. 5(five) build saves instead of just one (two if you count the committed one)
This way I could plot my saved halloween build, then plot the turkey build, then plot the xmas build, etc!

6. Customizable classic home builds. Lemme plot the classic design, then go into custo mode and make it mine!!

7. Half height floor tiles. Goza mats are ok but cmon!

8. Round edged floor tiles. Sometimes, the square floor tile just looks goofy!

9. Grass/Snow/Dirt tiles with edges! Why must my snow always be square?

10. Nothing neon or weird, but how about dyeable (painted if ya wanna call em that) wall pieces. Perhaps the Yellow stone wall pieces would look awesome dyed blue, for example!

11. Umbra black wall pieces for all !!! (wow do I love that color/style)

12. The middle pieces to complete the dang archways!! They need to be able to be three piece archways, two wide just doesnt cut it!

13. V-shape corner pieces with WINDOWS in them!!

14. A working drawbridge that would span over a moat made of the water tiles! How can you expect me to build a castle with no drawbridge?

15. New classic Castle and Keep designs. They are due some lovin updates!
Give em some option of customizing as well, perhaps the inner room only, or even make em fully custo except for the "shell" which would consist of the outer wall design or something along this line. They are way over due!!

Peace!:thumbup1:

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: 15 more, while were at it......

i should start by saying awesome ideas koolaidaddict!!!
for number 6, if i'm understanding you right, you can already do that. if you place, say, a classic "small marble workshop", you can convert the plot into a customizable (albeit tiny) one so you can do your own thing. i actually love that feature, since on my spare account i can squeeze a house into just about anywhere on atlantic. and the smallest size of the customizable-from-the-get-go are too big to do that in a lot of places.

K

KoolAidAddict

for number 6, if i'm understanding you right, you can already do that.
If you want to customize, you must drop the classic and plot a blank custo plot.
What I'd like to see is the ability to custo the classic, for example, place a small villa, go into custo mode, and finish it to my liking. Currently, Id have to drop the villa, place a blank plot, build the villa, then custo to my liking.
Can be done, justa pain to do when it could be made much easier.

K

KoolAidAddict

and the smallest size of the customizable-from-the-get-go are too big to do that in a lot of places.
Actually, the smallest current customizable plot size is a 7 X 7.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
[Like all your ideas!]

.... ... .... .....!

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea...and while they're at it, then please allow for entry and exit from any side of a house and not just the south side. Its so 1998 atm.

It would be awesome if you had 2 houses next to eachother you could make an exit to the east and an entry to the west on the other house.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea...and while they're at it, then please allow for entry and exit from any side of a house and not just the south side. Its so 1998 atm.

It would be awesome if you had 2 houses next to eachother you could make an exit to the east and an entry to the west on the other house.
Totally agree, I have accomplished this with teleporters, But it just looks awful.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a reason, albeit correctible, that they don't currently have them. The base pieces aren't all the same size, so the ones we don't have are either too big or too small for the current way bases are created (at least as I understood it from years ago).

That said, it's correctible by doing some art modification and creating the acceptible tiles that would work.

The only difficult one to do would be the log cabin base... but it could be done.