• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Characters Missing 12th Anny Tickets - Devs Please Look

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I've got 1 of the characters on my home shard that has not received his ticket. He's 4 yrs old so there shouldn't be any problem with his age. I've tried logging in and out several times now with no luck. I've also run into several of my x-shard holiday trading chars which are all at least a year old not getting their tickets upon login either, although those were able to get one once I'd logged out and in again on them.

So what's up? Is anyone else running into this problem?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Characters Missing 12th Anny Tickets

I have one character that I know is over a year old and didn't get one. All the other characters on the account got one. I tried logging out and back in a few times but still no ticket. :thumbdown:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have one character that I know is over a year old and didn't get one. All the other characters on the account got one. I tried logging out and back in a few times but still no ticket. :thumbdown:
take them to the nearest bank and access it and then log out and back in and see what happens. Especially if you havent used that character in months.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

take them to the nearest bank and access it and then log out and back in and see what happens. Especially if you havent used that character in months.
Yeah I tried that too. Someone had said to do that in another thread but it didn't work. :sad3:

C

Connor_Graham

Didn't do anything. This char is one that I'd used just last week also.

C

Connor_Graham

Chrissay, Regine, Draconi, or anyone...can we please get some confirmation that this problem is known by the powers that be and something is being done about it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have about 5 character per shard (pre-aos characters) and noone of them have received the ticket :(
Only the characters created this year has received the ticket :|

C

Connor_Graham

I have about 5 character per shard (pre-aos characters) and noone of them have received the ticket :(
Only the characters created this year has received the ticket :|
Wow, that really bites.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes... I try every day but there is no chance... I tried after server restart, open bank, with horse, die and resurrect... nothing :(

O

Old Man of UO

I have about 5 characters across several shards that are 10+ years old that didn't receive the rewards. In fact, 3 never received any rewards, and 2 received some in the past, but not the last 3 years or so.

Funny that I'd forgot, but one other character still has the 1998 Christmas bag with fruitcake, champagne and glasses.

C

Connor_Graham

This just sucks for a lot of people it seems. Between this and the bug with placing deeded items it looks like the Devs have some fixing to do. I just wish someone would say something about either issue.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have about 5 characters across several shards that are 10+ years old that didn't receive the rewards.
Did you try logging into the characters a second or third time? (I haven't run into any problems this year, but I remember from past years that sometimes if a character has not been logged into for a long time, it's age isn't always picked up the first time you log in)

C

Connor_Graham

Did you try logging into the characters a second or third time? (I haven't run into any problems this year, but I remember from past years that sometimes if a character has not been logged into for a long time, it's age isn't always picked up the first time you log in)
I've logged onto mine at least a half dozen times since this morning and still nothing for me.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i get a message on one of my characters that says im to young to get a gift. the message shows in the bottom left corner of my screen.
for me thats no biggie cuz the character is new.
Im thinking maybe that also might be why any of you might not being getting gifts on your characters. the system could be picking your characters up as being to young to receive a gift.

C

Connor_Graham

i get a message on one of my characters that says im to young to get a gift. the message shows in the bottom left corner of my screen.
for me thats no biggie cuz the character is new.
Im thinking maybe that also might be why any of you might not being getting gifts on your characters. the system could be picking your characters up as being to young to receive a gift.
My youngest char is almost 4 yrs old and is logged onto almost daily.

C

Connor_Graham

I can't believe no one has said anything about any of the issues. Unbelievable.

O

Old Man of UO

Yeah, I just logged in and out several times, ran to the bank, logged out and in... still no rewards from any of the last ten years. It's not my primary shard, any of the characters, so no big deal to me.

C

Connor_Graham

Yeah, I just logged in and out several times, ran to the bank, logged out and in... still no rewards from any of the last ten years. It's not my primary shard, any of the characters, so no big deal to me.
Something like this should never happen. It seems like the issue is even more widespread now that it's hitting even primary shard chars. Here's to hoping the Devs actually decide to do something about this....:pint:

C

Connor_Graham

Day 2 and after waiting for server up my character still hasn't received a ticket....

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Chrissay, Regine, Draconi, or anyone...can we please get some confirmation that this problem is known by the powers that be and something is being done about it?
Hi,

I had this issue with a few of my characters, I resolved it by going to a bank, opening the bank box, closing it and logging out and back in. I was then able to receive the anniversary ticket.

Mesanna

C

Connor_Graham

Hi,

I had this issue with a few of my characters, I resolved it by going to a bank, opening the bank box, closing it and logging out and back in. I was then able to receive the anniversary ticket.

Mesanna
I've tried that several times. It didn't work.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I tried too, here how to do that:
-go to the bank
-say bank
-back to a safe log-out area
-wait few seconds
-login
- the ticket is here!

C

Connor_Graham

I tried too, here how to do that:
-go to the bank
-say bank
-back to a safe log-out area
-wait few seconds
-login
- the ticket is here!
Tried it. Didn't work.

And still no comment from anyone on this? :yell:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did no one see the post in another thread by Draconi? "Accounts in bad standing [i.e black marks against it due to "bug exploiting, duping or the use of 3rd party programs"] will NOT recieve a 12th aniversary gift from the Dev team for obvious reasons!!

:D

C

Connor_Graham

Did no one see the post in another thread by Draconi? "Accounts in bad standing [i.e black marks against it due to "bug exploiting, duping or the use of 3rd party programs"] will NOT recieve a 12th aniversary gift from the Dev team for obvious reasons!!

:D
No, I didn't. Wouldn't matter anyway as I don't have any marks against my account. The fact that only 1 of my primary shard chars didn't receive it's ticket should have spelled that out pretty clearly.

O

Old Man of UO

Hi,

Mesanna
As I posted above, I tried that too on characters that are over ten years old. I can live without the reward on these characters, but I do understand why others want theirs.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you consider people with 30+ characters not receiving their tickets a small problem, it's a good thing you're not in quality control. :dunce:
Considering the problems this game has, yes, it's a small problem.

BTW, I do QC all day long, just not on software. If it wasn't for me 85% of the hard drives sold in America wouldn't do squat. You're welcome in advance!

C

Connor_Graham

Considering the problems this game has, yes, it's a small problem.
Considering that there are people that have 5-6 accounts with 7 characters on every single shard, all of which haven't been able to claim gifts in several years, no, it's not a small problem. That's a huge issue. You may not give a ****, but the people that want to claim their gifts and can't, disagree with you.

BTW, I do QC all day long, just not on software. If it wasn't for me 85% of the hard drives sold in America wouldn't do squat. You're welcome in advance!
What brand? I want to make sure I don't buy any. :gun:

F

Flora Green

A couple of my husband's characters didn't get gifts. Some others didn't, but the logout/in fixed them. I'm not upset about it because I don't care for the gifts, but I do think this should be fixed considering it happens every single time gifts are given out.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had one char on one shard that did not receive a ticket. The bank open thing worked for all the rest. Whew! That was alot of logging in and out and now I don't care about the one lost ticket. But that is just me...I'm sorry you cannot claim yours :(

C

Connor_Graham

You most likely already have.

You don't think Dell, Sony, HP, or any of the mainstream market systems make their own platters do you?
You didn't think I'd stick with generic hardware did you? :lick:

That aside, why has no one official had anything to say about this yet? Do I have to wait weeks?

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't think I'd stick with generic hardware did you? :lick:
You don't get it do you?

Our burnishing heads are bought by Hitachi, Seagate, and Western Digital, amongst others. I dare you to find a computer in the U.S. without a single component from one of those companies.

As for your issue, perhaps the devs see it as I do. Not game-breaking.