• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 61 change to monsters, unannounced

S

Smokin

Um they changed some monsters, Navrey Night Eyes is ******** now, it is just a big mana drain has tons of HP but is nothing to kill other then to waste time. Sure before Navrey was easy to kill but it was hard to stay alive at times, cause of it throwing webs. I could have seen a little bump to the HP but its just dumb now. I think Niporailem is harder now too, spawns more crap around him.

Why this change and why was it not announced. I imagine other ones have changed too, come to think about it maybe the fire deamons seem tougher too.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navrey is in the middle of a complete makeover.

We didn't have time to properly redo her AI, but there was a major issues with her web littering her lair. Her web attack has been removed and her HP upped (it will be upped even further once she's done as she's supposed to be a peerless type encounter).

You should be getting a new and improved Navrey, both AI and loot, in an upcoming publish.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We didn't have time to properly redo her AI, but there was a major issues with her web littering her lair. Her web attack has been removed and her HP upped (it will be upped even further once she's done as she's supposed to be a peerless type encounter).

You should be getting a new and improved Navrey, both AI and loot, in an upcoming publish.
her web attack has been removed??? -runs off to do navrey- i kept friggin dying and i'm a tough char, because i always got tangled in the web. i'm sorry but i dont own a greater dragon.. and while this make-over is obviously due to tamers camping her, it also might help the little guy (hopes).

U

UOKaiser

her web attack has been removed??? -runs off to do navrey- i kept friggin dying and i'm a tough char, because i always got tangled in the web. i'm sorry but i dont own a greater dragon.. and while this make-over is obviously due to tamers camping her, it also might help the little guy (hopes).
Don't know what you mean I use my mage to destroy her. I hope they don't make her imposiible to do using anything but a tamer. And while there at it if they expect her to be a peerless type encounter they will need to up that loot 10x fold and any loot that a quest that needs her dead gives.

U

UOKaiser

Also I thought the cavern was sppose to be like that. Didn't bother me either way

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Oooobviously the Tamers fault...pfft. :twak:

In the words of Richard Pryor: "Have a Coke and a smile and STFU"

S

Slim29

Navrey will be easy for my Dexxer now. Was impossible before with the web attack. Yay! for me :)

S

Smokin

Yeah its not easy for a dexxer.

Why did you take one of the few things that a person could solo and have fun with when no one was on and ruin them. I understand having things made for groups but it is nice to have things other then crafting for a solo person to do once and awhile. Atleast that are worth while to do.

Some days hunting with groups just gets to you. So if you continue with this atleast add in something to replace for people to also.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole abyss is full of mini-bosses for us solo players (unless they're being changed too).

I'll miss visiting Thunderdome Web, but I can deal with it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed Smokin. I used to hunt every night with a group till the drama ruined it for everyone. I see today's groups (at least on LS) are full of drama again. :(

Being able to go alone or two, three maybe was nice...

S

slavoie

Well, as much as I wish she was the way she was, this is good. Pre 160 bard difficulty and 5k hits.

I would go in with 5 frenzied and a arachnid flute and kill her as fast as she spawned.

A dev must have been walking around and saw me slaughtering her mercilessly and had pity on her.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Navrey will be easy for my Dexxer now. Was impossible before with the web attack. Yay! for me :)
Dexer was not impossible but easy before the attack if you did it with a partner.

Two dexers xhealing was laughable. Arachnid slayer, enemy of one, 150 dex and bandies with 1 sec xheal and it was chop chop chop - loot.

Even if hit with web - you could bandie through it.

That place was a gold mine for my dexer before.

P

Prince Caspian

I camped out in Navery's lair with my Pally Archer and killed her by the dozens, and never died. Mostly because I used to drop her in like six hits and hugging the edge of the screen makes it rare for her to web you, and when she does, you're free by the time she arrives to chow down on you.

But yeah, I notice now her HP has quadrupled at least, plus her resists obviously have been upped.

Now a cash cow I could easily solo in seconds is a tedious stick-and-move plinkathon... which has destroyed its allure. But then, I suppose ol' Navery was never supposed to be a pushover...

S

Smokin

Well I hope they up the quest loot for it, even a bit and make it able to be redone.

D

Drawde2

As stated, the loot is getting upped.

I figured Navrey was a bit too easy when I first killed her. Not to mention the reports I've heard from mages with spider slayer books. Can't wait to see what she's like when finished. Maybe the pillars in her lair will be used now.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went up against her with a tamer and they screwed her up badly it had my cu sidhe running in circles because she went up on a Z axis I got her to red line and she would heal up. I come back with my mage spamming energy attacks and she spams healing and it ticked me off.

P

Prince Caspian

I come back with my mage spamming energy attacks and she spams healing and it ticked me off.
Heh. Welcome to the Pallyarcher world. Hit them for 120, and they heal up 160 by spamming GHs at 500mph. From a mana pool that must be in the thousands.

Ah, the oh-so-"fun" games of "He's at no life! No he isn't/Yes he is/No he isn't/Yes he is" which is soooo much more pleasant when your "Legendary" Archer misses half the time, giving the baddie about a million free heals in between times.

U

UOKaiser

Hopefully the dev will actually come back and looksafter they changed her. If nobody is taking her on anymore then they will need to redo it. There is a cutoff point from being a desireble monster to fight and being a worthless monster to fight. Remmeber it is a game and we want fun and rewards not difficulties and frustration. If we have to farm her in order to get a reward and she is too annoying to fight then the change is worthless. If she is difficult but after we win we feel satisfaction in the reward then it's fine.

There is only a certain amount of times a player wants to have a experience with a difficult creature with little reward then they become unused and a waste of space. Even peerless are a waste now the rewards do not merit the trouble. Soloing them is the only way you feel satisfied as you don't have to share the limited loot. Remmeber there is a reason why up,up,down.down,left,right,left,right,B,A was so populer and is embedded in legend on such a difficult game.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, as much as I wish she was the way she was, this is good. Pre 160 bard difficulty and 5k hits.

I would go in with 5 frenzied and a arachnid flute and kill her as fast as she spawned.

A dev must have been walking around and saw me slaughtering her mercilessly and had pity on her.
Not everyone plays a lame template though.

M

maroite

More uneeded tamer hate. Too bad you're not bright enough to figure out that a mage with 120 evalint/mage and a spider slayer spell book could 4 shot her with ebolts.

Yeah, tamers got this changed! lol... :loser:

I look forward to the loot change... atm she isn't worth the time to bring a group down to kill her. :sad4: