• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 60 Notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For your convenience, due to the length of the notes, we have put the publish notes in PDF format HERE. As it is easier to read them through the PDF format.

If you are unable to download the PDF version please click on more.

More...

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For your convenience, due to the length of the notes, we have put the publish notes in PDF format HERE. As it is easier to read them through the PDF format.

If you are unable to download the PDF version please click on more.

More...
We'll be happy to answer questions related to these notes in this thread. I'm sure there's plenty to clarify - it's just bullet points in the doc. :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
· Great Dragons have been adjusted to reduce their damage output
· Concussion Blow: The existing Concussion Blow special move has been updated to have the following behavior:

o 10 direct damage

o Temporarily drains 50% of the target’s mana, restored after 6 seconds

o Target becomes temporarily immune to this drain effect if it happens too often to them
Brilliant.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How reduced is reduced in this case? Please be a lot.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'll be happy to answer questions related to these notes in this thread. I'm sure there's plenty to clarify - it's just bullet points in the doc. :)
Special moongate event - when?
few days
few weeks
months
years

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi, can you shed some light on the changes to Greater Dragons? Curious to know what changes were made.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of our guildmates encountered an issue with the patching process. He has the latest patch (7.0.0.0) and had no issues visiting the Underworld and Stygian Abyss. But when we went in the champion spawn area his map was completely black.

I sent him my map file and it worked. So apparently it didn't patch the Felucca map file for whatever reason.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Percolem is nowhere to be found.
Hmm, looks like Percolem just up and took off somewhere! Maybe he's exploring the high way?

But seriously - we'll find out what happened to him. Looks like he's not spawning.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of our guildmates encountered an issue with the patching process. He has the latest patch (7.0.0.0) and had no issues visiting the Underworld and Stygian Abyss. But when we went in the champion spawn area his map was completely black.

I sent him my map file and it worked. So apparently it didn't patch the Felucca map file for whatever reason.
We'll let the engineers know! Sounds like it could be a versioning conflict?

We usually only run into this when the patcher doesn't recognize the version of the map file it's trying to patch

S

Scarab

We'll be happy to answer questions, except for those about the greater dragon nerf, related to these notes in this thread. I'm sure there's plenty to clarify - it's just bullet points in the doc. :)
fixed.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The corrosive slimes in the Abyss are dropping Paroxymous keys.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys broke the entrance to the (Felucca) Ice Dungeon. You can go in but you can't leave.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm, that would seem to imply you will be happy to answer all questions related to these notes.....

Seems several people have asked about the Nerf to Greater Dragons.

*Shrug*

How would one need to phrase the question to get a reply?

1) I will ask the obvious question of Why. I expect the equally obvious reason of because we felt it was required. Anything extra in the reason would be appreciated.

2) I will ask the obvious question of Will you quantify how NERF'd the Greater Dragon is? I will expect the equally obvious reason of, enough to bring them inline with what we want them to be. Anything extra in the reason would be appreciated.

If you would prefer to answer in the Tamers Forum there is this thread.

Greater Dragon Nerf?

Just some feedback. I was pretty motivated to do the SA upgrade, now seeing this, it just deflates that motivation. You may have been better off delaying the nerf by a few weeks. It isn't like I wont follow through with the upgrades, it is just there is now a bad taste in my mouth, even though I intellectually know it is without foundation and I need to be able to determine for myself the Quantification of the Nerf. The thought no matter how unjustified, is do we now have Reptalon version 2.0 AKA Greater Dragon.

T

Teeshy

I got tired reading the pdf - you guys put in a CRAP load of new stuff! Thanks for the hard work!

*anxiously waits for patch to finish*

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a question: why wasn't the screwed up overhead text positioning in 2D fixed for release?

G

guum

Just some feedback. I was pretty motivated to do the SA upgrade, now seeing this, it just deflates that motivation. You may have been better off delaying the nerf by a few weeks.
My guess is this is why explanations are not forthcoming. ;) And I agree that it's not the economically best decision to include this change in the SA release patch -- regardless of whether such a change needed to be made, there are a lot of tamers, and this is gonna annoy most of 'em.

M

mutau

*bump*

ONly the Mod for this forum can sticky. So i bump until then.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl

Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
* Damage cap of 130 (Melee and Breath Attacks)
* Special attack change 10%, instead of 20%
* Special attacks fire no more than once every 30 seconds
* Breath fires no more than once per 45 seconds
* Breath and special attacks will never fire less than 15 seconds apart
* Tamers which are hidden and flagged aggressor against another player will be revealed when their dragon breath attack hits the player

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a 40 dmg firebreath compared to 80.. I dig it.

G

guum

rofl

Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
* Tamers which are hidden and flagged aggressor against another player will be revealed when their dragon breath attack hits the player
Thanks. ;)

(now I just have to figure out what all those numbers mean. ;) what was the firebreath frequency before? like every 20 seconds? yeah, that's definitely a nerf.)

Z

Zodia

rofl

Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
Does this apply to wild untamed Greater Dragons too? Or just tamed ones?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drac do these changes apply to wild and tamed GDs, or just tamed?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl

Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
Does this include if the target has corpse skin, curse or discord?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragon Nerf 1.0:
*Looks nervously at the 1.0*

Ok, what follows is a question that is NOT directly about a bullet point in the Release notes, so I accept it does NOT technically qualify for a require answer ....

Quite honestly, the "Special attack change 10%, instead of 20%" is oh about 2 miles over this tamers head.

What special attack(s).

What does the 10% vs 20% refer to? Damage? Duration? Both?

Does it include the Bleed Attack? If so, what were you able to really nerf about it. I never saw any real evidence it was even working :) Yes I realize this argues the point that what ever you changed (if anything) won't be missed by me :thumbsup:

The rest of the points you listed seem to be just Damage Over Time parameters, were for what ever your reason, you wanted a particular encounter(s) to last longer for some reason. As in, the same amount of damage needs to be done, it will just take longer to do it. A time sink for the players time (does this really make the game more enjoyable for your customers).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this include if the target has corpse skin, curse or discord?
Base damage of 130. Resists get calculated from that point.

The most a firebreath would ever do is 130 to someone with 0 fire, or 39 to someone with 70 fire.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Question on the new craftable necromancy and mysticism spellbooks. I made a few necro books and got a dragon slayer. Will this still impact magery spells and not necro spells or is there more to this?

Also, does the chance to craft a super slayer necro or mysticism spellbook depend on the crafters inscription and Necro or Mysiticism skill respectively (instead of magery)?

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, sorry, I didn't explain that well enough.

This is about rate of occurence. Most super boss-mobs in the game have a rate of occurence of 20% (1:5 hits unleashed a special move). The fact that the Greater Dragon kept this after being tamed was insane.

We've effectively halved that occurence rate to a much more acceptable rate of 10%, which is still upper-end, but not out of the range of other pets.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Awesome, heres my question...

I see that theres new Tameables and pet interractions such as the pet res potion, npc, battle chickens. That theres new Stealables, in the Underworld and the Abyss. That theres tons of new craftables and content for mules making use of many existing items as well as the huge new Imbuing system obviously. That theres tons of new monsters to hunt, epic encounters/peerless with unique loot and new item properties to appeal to both caster and dexxer hunters. New content specifically for casters and dexxer playstyles in Mysticism & Throwing. Plus lots of quests and puzzles everywhere including some that involve Fishing.

...why nothing for Bards again?

To help with the answer please realise that Snake Charming & Aud Chars are not Bard content. Standing an instrument in the corner of your house does not make Bard content. Neither does gathering peerless keys.
Also the answer 'you can never please everyone' will be equally unacceptable, you've clearly added something for every group except Bards again, and I would like to know why that is. There has been 7 years of no Bard content and is one of the reasons I will not be purchasing SA.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait wait wait, you can place houses in areas of the Abyss? Ter Mur was bad enough, god no.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is about rate of occurence. Most super boss-mobs in the game have a rate of occurence of 20% (1:5 hits unleashed a special move). The fact that the Greater Dragon kept this after being tamed was insane.

We've effectively halved that occurence rate to a much more acceptable rate of 10%, which is still upper-end, but not out of the range of other pets.
Thanks for the reply and I understand the logic.

I will post the reply over in the Tamers Forum, for a tighter focus for the Tamers.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait wait wait, you can place houses in areas of the Abyss? Ter Mur was bad enough, god no.
There will be some, the first ones will be contest rewards. Hmm, I'd imagine the vendors will make out like bandits :p

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"These carpets do not act as surface tiles, and cannot be walked on"
Why cant we walk on the carpets?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Felucca spawns you can mark runes all over the place. I don't think that was intended?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scroll Binders
 Allows lower level Powerscrolls, Stat Scrolls, and Scrolls of Transcendence into their higher level versions

==> Does this mean that I can combine 4 +5 magery PS into a 120 one??

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, I have given a longer version of this in the Tamers Forum.

The short version is this, what ever you did, you have reduced the Greater Dragon to a Reptalon Damage wise, the only things seperating a Greater Dragon from a Reptalon, is you have left the Stats, Resists and Skills alone (so far?) and it can still cast Magic Spells. Other than that Hello Reptalon version 2.0.

I honestly thought I would see a tweak/correction. What I did see after 1.5 hours was a full blown destruction of a PvM pet.

If I have dramatized things, then accept it as frustration at having taken the time and effort to Bond (no not the game bond) with a pet, work out Play Styles , scenarios etc with pets, to find that from a Solo Tamer perspective, the reset button just got pushed.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"These carpets do not act as surface tiles, and cannot be walked on"
Why cant we walk on the carpets?
Very good question. I already had plans to use these to cover the ugly teleporters in my house, but what's the point in doing the quest to get them if you can't walk on them??

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not adding a bug or 'feature' report, just a 'Thanks' for probably the most useful Patch note ever!

And I like the implications of the 'loyalty' system a lot...

Edit : Hang on though... Regarding 'loyalty levels', will they decay over time or through character actions? You need 'Noble' level of loyalty to build a house in Ter Mur - but what happens if you later on lose that level?

S

Seismic

Wow, the team has done such a nice job of implementing new systems/etc, lots of detail and thought have obviously gone into this expansion! I'm not real excited about gargoyles but I love all the cooking/alchemy/etc level of details.

Kudos

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scroll Binders
 Allows lower level Powerscrolls, Stat Scrolls, and Scrolls of Transcendence into their higher level versions

==> Does this mean that I can combine 4 +5 magery PS into a 120 one??
No, you will have to combine X number of 105 magery to turn them into a 110, Y number of 110s into a 115, and Z number of 115s into a 120. Binders always improves the scroll to just 1 level higher.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be some, the first ones will be contest rewards. Hmm, I'd imagine the vendors will make out like bandits :p
Could I suggest, those of us who have been waiting patiently for OUR prizes from the JANUARY West Britain Bank contest actually receive OUR prizes before you run any further competitions. No other company I know off does NOT deliver on it's advertised prizes for competitions. SA was on the books long before the competition was advertised and run so shouldn't be an 'excuse' for the lack of prizes.

If you make a 'current (paid up) account' a condition of entry, which it was, then you have basically taken money as a condition of entry. I believe having to wait 9 months is a 'bit' much and as yet there is still no ETA on the prizes that were 'earned' by contestants.

NO we have not forgotten as it appears some may have. And NO I think most of us do NOT want an 'alternative' prize to what was advertised before that becomes a suggested alternative.