• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Java of Myth

• Thread starter Shalimar/Cleo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sin laden

I know I've said before no safety net on Siege, not now, not ever. But this is different. I don't support a no-kill rule on NEW, but actively keeping them in the dark about free equipment and training they desperately need is just downright ridiculous.
I like this quote. It's obvious a majority of the contributors to this thread understand we are talking about two very different things here.

Personal freedom is important as individuals...and I think a moratorium on killing any one specific group of players really does not support the best interests of the server.

As a community though, Siege must be cognizant of the fact that the quality of the experience we can each have here depends on the availability of player interaction, and without a source of incoming players this could be compromised.

The fastest declining properties in this jeopardized housing market are those situated in neighborhoods full of empty houses that can't be sold. Think of your personal freedom as the house you live in, and think of the community on Siege as the houses around you. Once the neighborhood goes to the dogs, so does your house.

So what did the mortgage industry do? Well there is a moratorium on foreclosures right now, because across the board they produce fairly undesirable consequences...namely, a bunch of empty houses.

If someone can explain to me how picking up new books is going to help Siege emerge as an attractive choice for returning players I'm all ears. I think we all get that there are few rules on this server. No one here is saying you CAN'T pick up the books...I think the point is to pose the question to these players: "Who are you hurting besides yourself?"

It just so happens the auxiliary consequence is less cannon fodder to go around. Really having trouble seeing the benefit here to not just leaving the books alone folks. The RULE coded into the game is that they can be picked up by anyone, but isn't that just arguing semantics? Aren't we talking about an agreement between players to do something positive for all our sakes?

And as far as TnT interactions with NEW...that's great that you killed a newb and then helped him, but that actually isn't what we are talking about. There is a perception among players joining this shard that TnT is akin to some good ol' boys club, and rightfully so. Most members of NEW matriculate to a guild they have interacted with during the duration of the month they spent in NEW...last time I checked, TnT wasn't making any effort to recruit new players (or at least from the ranks of NEW).

So we don't want new players on our server, we don't want to help the few people that happen to join anyway, and we certainly don't want to recruit them into our guild...would one of you rocket scientist gladly tell me what the plan is?

And to address some pretty spotty logic...if there are so many books out there already, and picking up a few won't make any difference, then why are we having this discussion? If the difference is immaterial, then we should all have no problem not picking up the books.......

But the books ARE being picked up, and this thread is turning into Godzilla, so I submit that picking up or not picking up the books IS actually material. I think we can also agree it hurts the chances of a new player giving this server a chance...and no, it has nothing to do with skills, scrolls, spellbooks, or free armor; NEW offers players a social infrastructure in a world where they most likely have none. On top of that, it offers many venues to branch out via several strong alliances with guilds on the server looking to grow with quality new players.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
passes out tissues

all blues shall die muhahahahah :danceb:

BTW books are a great weapon and shouldn't be left laying on the ground!
-toss it at a blues head and knock them out
-toss purple pots at a blue that is to busy reading at the bank and not paying attention oo000ooo0
-watch them slip on the ones laying around knocking themself out
-and finally most painful of all is the paper cut! ouch!!

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
passes out tissues

-toss purple pots at a blue that is to busy reading at the bank and not paying attention oo000ooo0
OOM.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
passes out tissues

What's really sad about this is back a year or so ago a certain person griefed Krystal really really bad and even used the entire tissue issue thing on his pets...

What get's me is the entire Siege Community supported Krystal... And King Ed was pretty much outcasted the bye the entire Siege Community.

Now she and her friends are just returning the favor I guess bye hurting our community...

I for one can say I couldn't care less about anything that happens to them for now on... If they don't care about our shard then **** on them.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Is this Queen Zens son? Hehe.

Quote:
Did you read it?

No he is NOT my son whom is rl visiting us this week for both our rl birthdays, thus I have little to no time for UO, this week, although he/she ie poster above, does seem to possess the depth and intellect/IQ to be one of my kids. :)

I will always love some of yall here on Siege with many fond memories in my mind, ya made my time gaming time, here since 2004 really fun..so take care yall, I will miss, quite a few of you *characters* here on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Shouldn't your sig read over 9500 NEWBIES destroyed? :dunce:
Don't worried, I rumers say, that we may get a count wipe with SA, making all blue with zero count.

Look forward to hear Krystal cry, muhahahahah

K

Kiwillian

My work here is done. *flies away like superman*

(hehehe :p )

edit: Feel free to use that picture anytime anyone says that. It seems to be a US thing but it annoys me somehow. Oh well, I should go to bed :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Don't worried, I rumers say, that we may get a count wipe with SA, making all blue with zero count.

Look forward to hear Krystal cry, muhahahahah
I hope that is an option, if true.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Is this Queen Zens son? Hehe.

Quote:
Did you read it?

No he is NOT my son whom is rl visiting us this week for both our rl birthdays, thus I have little to no time for UO, this week, although he/she ie poster above, does seem to possess the depth and intellect/IQ to be one of my kids. :)

My post has been removed from this thread. One less damned if I do damned if I don't for my voicing my own independant feelings/opinions, as another old longwinded oldster in yalls way here on our self destructing shard of :( Siege.

I will always love some of yall here on Siege with many fond memories in my mind, ya made my time here since 2004 really fun..so take care yall, I will miss, quite a few of you *characters* here on Siege.
QZ. If a post of yours was removed, it is likely because it quoted an offending post. I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with you.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kage u always love to cause drama
comparing someones mother that passed away to killing a newb? :coco:
when wyrm was in ur guild i didn't see u running to the boards talking crap about him killing and looting noobs. when he quit ur guild elmer told him he can rejoin anytime he will be missed.

Blues represent good, I represent evil. Good and evil for centuries have fault each other, using good tactics and bad tactics on either or both sides. People come here for the the danger
reason i play SP is its freedom to do whatever we want, be it evil or good. I play the game legit (not like most which is real problem and is the real reason why vets and newbs have quit. to bad osi dont ban them all!!!)

just the other day i killed 4 gil at skara bank, so stop ur BS that i just out to hunt noobs. i attack everyone and no one here can say i dont. do i loot newbs? no

When i was new and got pked and looted, did i whine and cry like a little sissy girl? no i went to my house put on new ar went back out and continued on

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope that is an option, if true.
Me too, I just could not resist :)

However other times, it had not been an option except for the time it included faction.

I remember how pissed Lector UDL was when his counts was wiped many years ago.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kage u always love to cause drama
comparing someones mother that passed away to killing a newb? :coco:
when wyrm was in ur guild i didn't see u running to the boards talking crap about him killing and looting noobs. when he quit ur guild elmer told him he can rejoin anytime he will be missed.

Blues represent good, I represent evil. Good and evil for centuries have fault each other, using good tactics and bad tactics on either or both sides. People come here for the the danger
reason i play SP is its freedom to do whatever we want, be it evil or good. I play the game legit (not like most which is real problem and is the real reason why vets and newbs have quit. to bad osi dont ban them all!!!)

just the other day i killed 4 gil at skara bank, so stop ur BS that i just out to hunt noobs. i attack everyone and no one here can say i dont. do i loot newbs? no

When i was new and got pked and looted, did i whine and cry like a little sissy girl? no i went to my house put on new ar went back out and continued on
I couldn't care less about you killing the new players that does not bother me. What bothers me is you griefing someone who is trying to bring new palyers to our shard.

There is no reason for you to be picking up books off the ground that point players who have just made a character into the right direction to help them get started and to keep playing on our shard...

That does not have a ****ing thing to do with good vs evil that is just strait up griefing the same **** that was done to you and the same **** that darth and yoda was notorious for.

Again let me make my self clear... I was comparing griefing...

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dry looting a newb and then killing a defenceless animal and sticking the newbs loot on that corpse to make the newbs loot decay faster i thought was griefing. who used to do that? wyrm, what guild was wyrm in? koc? hmmmmmmm :next:

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dry looting a newb and then killing a defenceless animal and sticking the newbs loot on that corpse to make the newbs loot decay faster i thought was griefing too. who used to do that? wyrm, what guild was wyrm in? koc? hmmmmmmm :next:
Like I said I don't care what you do to a new player... Yes WyRm was KOC but who did he run around with on his little pk hunts even while being a member of KOC ? hmmmmm oh that's right he ran around with you... :next:

But I like how you keep trying to turn this into what a member of KOC did in the past and off the subject of what you are doing now :thumbsup:

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont even try that kage, wyrm did not run around with me, we hunted maybe 2xs together till it caused conflict with both guild, try again :loser:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hello... I am not beyond locking this down for a bit to let tempers cool. Yes, Siege is suffering. I know I am a Siege noob... I get told that a lot.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't care less about you killing the new players that does not bother me. What bothers me is you griefing someone who is trying to bring new palyers to our shard.
There is no reason for you to be picking up books off the ground that point players who have just made a character into the right direction to help them get started and to keep playing on our shard...

That does not have a ****ing thing to do with good vs evil that is just strait up griefing the same **** that was done to you and the same **** that darth and yoda was notorious for.

Again let me make my self clear... I was comparing griefing...
Hmm....theres a lot of things on this shard that bothers me too. I don't keep dragging a worthless thread crying about it tho. Kage......I got your cup bro. Let me know when you want it.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do these books bring people to Siege, to actually see the book the must already be here!

What they are designed to do is get people into NEW and that and that alone will keep them here, please…Do you really think the free amour and weapons make people stay?
How conceited is the New guild, you act like you and you alone hold the fate of Siege in your hands. It seems the position of most is by picking up the books we are hurting the entire Siege community, I say hogwash!

People will stay on Siege because they enjoy it, not for the free crap they get in NEW!

How many extra people do you really think NEW has kept on the Shard? To bad it is impossible to quantify, I would really like to know.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello... I am not beyond locking this down for a bit to let tempers cool. Yes, Siege is suffering. I know I am a Siege noob... I get told that a lot.
lol kelmo, u know me im laughing in RL. u must see kage getting heated, lmao

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do these books bring people to Siege, to actually see the book the must already be here!

What they are designed to do is get people into NEW and that and that alone will keep them here, please…Do you really think the free amour and weapons make people stay?
How conceited is the New guild, you act like you and you alone hold the fate of Siege in your hands. It seems the position of most is by picking up the books we are hurting the entire Siege community, I say hogwash!

People will stay on Siege because they enjoy it, not for the free crap they get in NEW!

How many extra people do you really think NEW has kept on the Shard? To bad it is impossible to quantify, I would really like to know.
i so agree, and how many new (90%) joined gil? how many do u see out and about? maybe its gil killing the shard!!:thumbdown:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I do love what you bring Krystal. I also love Kage and his crew. Siege is the thing. I may not play so much anymore, but I love the idea of it.

Six years...

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think this will be the final blow to siege,

I think its bottom feeders like you/ King ED/puffy who run siege down. The faster siege purges its self from dirtbags like you guys the better off the shard would be...

One low life is pretty much gone--->King Ed

Part time low life almost gone------> Puffy

One full time **** bag we hope will leave---> Monolips
Hey the community here got rid of me, along with the terrible connection problems I've been having. So that's one dirt bag down!
Again........my name comes up at Elmo's dinner table. I do appreciate how much the Elmo home just loves me. But honestly.....if you don't calm down, you will cause yourself a stroke. It's quite funny how this one guy Elmo has such a hard on for few ppl on this shard. Elmo has taken this game to rl seriousness. hehehehe

Oh.......you'll be happy to know that I'll be quitting game here in couple weeks. I''m sure others will miss me and you know who....hint hint hint. ;)

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The books don't help bring people to Siege the help people stay here. I don't see how some of you can't grasp that.... It's not that hard...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Again........my name comes up at Elmo's dinner table. I do appreciate how much the Elmo home just loves me. But honestly.....if you don't calm down, you will cause yourself a stroke. It's quite funny how this one guy Elmo has such a hard on for few ppl on this shard. Elmo has taken this game to rl seriousness. hehehehe

Oh.......you'll be happy to know that I'll be quitting game here in couple weeks. I''m sure others will miss me and you know who....hint hint hint. ;)
Was that directed at me? I don't even know who you are.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

NEW members do not really use much of the free stuff offered to them, alot of them are to proud to accept it except for the first set to replace their newbie clothes and weapon.

What make new SP players stay is someone to hang out with. Sure this do not need to be in NEW they find friends.
Some are already a little group when they move here and will make it on their own.
Some do meet players not in NEW and get help from them, a chest in their house and hang out with them and their friends.

The one NEW try to help is the one who else would had logged in a few times only to find the towns emty and then never login again. If we can get them in NEW, they will find someone to hangout with and may stay on the shard.

Not at all, but everything that can help a new SP player to stay is good for the shard. That could as well be a thief guild picking up new thieves at the banks and add them to their guild.

It's not about free crap, it's about not feeling alone on a not very active shard.

If we can make more players stay, there will be more to kill and more fun on the shard.

If we can make more stay, some wolves may come back from WOW and Darkfall when they here rumers about new sheeps to kill.

The first NEW guild was meant to help new sheeps to make it so the wolves could get more sheeps to kill and was supported and guarded of GC

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was that directed at me? I don't even know who you are.

Oh....sorry, not you Kelmo. I guess I can see where you thought Elmo=Kelmo.

I'm talking about the guy who always make me laugh like the giggliing Elmo=Elmer.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
NEW members do not really use much of the free stuff offered to them, alot of them are to proud to accept it except for the first set to replace their newbie clothes and weapon.

What make new SP players stay is someone to hang out with. Sure this do not need to be in NEW they find friends.
Some are already a little group when they move here and will make it on their own.
Some do meet players not in NEW and get help from them, a chest in their house and hang out with them and their friends.

The one NEW try to help is the one who else would had logged in a few times only to find the towns emty and then never login again. If we can get them in NEW, they will find someone to hangout with and may stay on the shard.

Not at all, but everything that can help a new SP player to stay is good for the shard. That could as well be a thief guild picking up new thieves at the banks and add them to their guild.

It's not about free crap, it's about not feeling alone on a not very active shard.

If we can make more players stay, there will be more to kill and more fun on the shard.

If we can make more stay, some wolves may come back from WOW and Darkfall when they here rumers about new sheeps to kill.

The first NEW guild was meant to help new sheeps to make it so the wolves could get more sheeps to kill and was supported and guarded of GC
*smiles* I think I met you twice while in NEW. Do you remember the uproar back then? These upstarts ! NEW members cross sharding gold and building houses?

Good times Freja...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*smiles* I think I met you twice while in NEW. Do you remember the uproar back then? These upstarts ! NEW members cross sharding gold and building houses?

Good times Freja...
Yes itt had been good times :)

We was 4 NEW leaders when I restarted NEW, Pyrite [DTA], Max Blackloak [TBB], Nevar and one more from [PAC], I forgot his name :blushing:.

We was all using my char Tengel as Guildleader as we did not have the new guildsystem, only the GM could add new members to the stone.

2 times, NEW had been very busy, when Rico was traveling the forums drawing players to Siege and when we had the books locked down at the banks.

It's very hard to draw players to Siege from posting on UHall and other shard forums now as alot dislike our posting there.

The original NEW was started of the Safe Haven community, of Luxor [LOV]

At same time I started a extra stone to TDO, The Dark Merchants, who also took in alot of newbies we picked up in Britainnia.

Shalimar had been running NEW now for years, trust me it can be draining but she is strong and she deserve respect for the work.

If everyone did try to help getting more players to siege and more players to stay it would be great for the shard.

Over the years, we had seen many try to ruin the work, picking up the books is only one of them. I will never understand why some players feel Siege should stay emty.

Do they fear the sheeps will end up hunting the wolves?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please learn to read, thxs...
Are you kidding me? Are you really making fun of someone's English skills? If so, you should have said, "please learn to spell" And if you are, then how does that contribute to this thread?

Everyone knows that not everyone on this shard speaks English as their primary language. Get over it.

If that's not what you meant, perhaps I need to learn to read. . :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i so agree, and how many new (90%) joined gil? how many do u see out and about? maybe its gil killing the shard!!:thumbdown:
:wall:

We do get alot of NEW, but it's because we spend time recruiting them and helping them with hunts and the like. Granted, if I was in NEW and I saw this thread, I'd be steering clear of TnT/Myth simply because of the "we don't need you" vibe I'm getting from them. I don't mean all of them, but most of the one's commenting on this thread aren't doing much for their own recruitment.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Siege, tell you what!

Tonight when I get home from work I'm going to open a new account and create a character called New to Siege check out NEW and then I'm going to GM cooking.

I'm going to start leaving food like sausages, cupcakes, cookies (mmm cookies,) and the like all over Siege (you know... only the exceptional quality kind.)

I just hope I have the free time to cook enough to satisfy Krystal and manage to have enough left over that the NEW folks can still grab a morsel here and there. A daunting task as I believe she will be trying to gobble up every damn crumb, but damnit... I'm ****ing committed.

I'm on a mission.

*nods*

:thumbsup:

*chuckles*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When so many join GIL it's because GIL do alot to help them getting started here.

Also many NEW players are players new to PvP, they do come to Siege because they like the ruleset but yet they are not ready to be aggressive in PvP. GIL do give them an easy start, they risk to get killed or have to defend them self but they are not expected to be agressive in PvP.

TDO had got many of our players from NEW too. There may be several reasons for that.

In GIL, players are not allowed to randum PK, so players who want to be a PK but not yet are use to PvP and not yet have the skill for it will want to start slow.
They will join a guild like TDO and have some friendly fights with guilds like GIL without risk to be looted clean if they die.

If TnT do not get new members from NEW, it's not because GIL and TDO take them all butt because NEW of some reason not want to join TnT.

Maybe the one who will join TnT do not need NEW. A PK from an other shard, know how to train his char and know how to survive. He can handle to join a guild, where he may be killed just because of his tag and get heavy looted.

TnT is not looking for sheeps, they are looking for wolves and only few of them will join NEW first.

Now without sheeps, the wolves will leave the shard for darkfall, wow and other more active games.

TnT need the sheeps but not as guildmates.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where did i ever say they should join TnT? dont put words in my mouth, ty

this thread gets funnier. everyone wants to twist word to best suite them

I'll say it again its not the killing of new that are making people quit, but for the players that dont play legit and we all know who they are. sad but true
:loser:

make sure they chocolate chip cookies mmmmmmmmm

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Here are 'some' names for you, all started out in NEW, most played out their full month in NEW getting to know others and fancy that, they're still here. There are more.

NEW is about making someone WANT to stay on Siege while they are with us, it's called encouragement, and we encourage them to stay when they sometimes feel Siege is the last place they want to be, however, we won't keep doing it if someone really can't cope, we understand it's not for everyone and will thank them for trying at least.

When they move to a regular guild it is down to their guildies and how their guild is operated that will decide whether they stay longer, many do not stay after NEW. If GIL are getting the majority (and the majority are in fact staying with GIL after many months in some cases) then that guild is doing something right. The facts speak for themselves, the guilds that NEW players join are the ones that have actively welcomed them, spent time with them, and made them a part of what Siege has to offer.

Some names of the players who have logged on in the past 30 days, who were in NEW when they started Siege.

Alexus, Alizaren, Alynx, Arizona, Artful Dodger, Augustus, Aurora, Azereos, Bea, Becca, Blind Otto, Branwyn of Errol, Cherish, Corwyn Mac Leod, December, Delores Duende, Demetrius, Desdemona Lyre, Durzo Blint, Five Moons, General Specific, Honeycomb, Hooder, Ian James, Ickabod Crane, Jesus, Litha, Madison, Nadia, Nalvor, NoEyes, Paranamis, Perriwyn, Rage, Reuggan, Sabatina, Tal-san-su, Talos Taurantha, Tatiana, Taylor, Templeton Fisk, The Hand of God, Tonks, Troop, Verve, Yoichi, Zebediah, Calibretto, Sarah and Tis Him.

Aislinn, Aislin, Andrew, Atinus Strongarm, Caimbeul Cupair, Chord, Lilly, Marvin, Valos Ravar, Goron, Hattori Hanzo, Nigel Mc Quinn, Tyrion, Leaf, Miranda, Voza, Phantroneous Cat, Holy Balls, Concise, Patty Pickaxe, Enigma, Blitz, Leroy Jenkins, Ari Lych, Tinendel, Twogrit, Lil Caesar, Liz Borden, Nabs and Cyst.

The first group are GIL

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are 'some' names for you, all started out in NEW, most played out their full month in NEW getting to know others and fancy that, they're still here. There are more.

NEW is about making someone WANT to stay on Siege while they are with us, it's called encouragement, and we encourage them to stay when they sometimes feel Siege is the last place they want to be, however, we won't keep doing it if someone really can't cope, we understand it's not for everyone and will thank them for trying at least.

When they move to a regular guild it is down to their guildies and how their guild is operated that will decide whether they stay longer, many do not stay after NEW. If GIL are getting the majority (and the majority are in fact staying with GIL after many months in some cases) then that guild is doing something right. The facts speak for themselves, the guilds that NEW players join are the ones that have actively welcomed them, spent time with them, and made them a part of what Siege has to offer.

Some names of the players who have logged on in the past 30 days, who were in NEW when they started Siege.

Alexus, Alizaren, Alynx, Arizona, Artful Dodger, Augustus, Aurora, Azereos, Bea, Becca, Blind Otto, Branwyn of Errol, Cherish, Corwyn Mac Leod, December, Delores Duende, Demetrius, Desdemona Lyre, Durzo Blint, Five Moons, General Specific, Honeycomb, Hooder, Ian James, Ickabod Crane, Jesus, Litha, Madison, Nadia, Nalvor, NoEyes, Paranamis, Perriwyn, Rage, Reuggan, Sabatina, Tal-san-su, Talos Taurantha, Tatiana, Taylor, Templeton Fisk, The Hand of God, Tonks, Troop, Verve, Yoichi, Zebediah, Calibretto, Sarah and Tis Him.

Aislinn, Aislin, Andrew, Atinus Strongarm, Caimbeul Cupair, Chord, Lilly, Marvin, Valos Ravar, Goron, Hattori Hanzo, Nigel Mc Quinn, Tyrion, Leaf, Miranda, Voza, Phantroneous Cat, Holy Balls, Concise, Patty Pickaxe, Enigma, Blitz, Leroy Jenkins, Ari Lych, Tinendel, Twogrit, Lil Caesar, Liz Borden, Nabs and Cyst.
The first group are GIL

Who are these ppl? I never see them in game. hehehe

Perhaps your doing something wrong. With these numbers........Siege should be active. Oh....Siege is no longer a PVP shard, thats it. Thats why I don't see these ppl. To be honest....I only recognize few which hardly ever logs on.

Keep up the good work.....your contribution to Siege is well appreciated. I'll vote you as one of the legends of Siege. On that note.....don't cry about others play style. If we all had your play style....everyone would be in NEW with zero PVP on Siege.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW i've killed most of them and they still here!! no way, u lie!

this thread geting boring! :sleep2:

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you kidding me? Are you really making fun of someone's English skills? If so, you should have said, "please learn to spell" And if you are, then how does that contribute to this thread?

Everyone knows that not everyone on this shard speaks English as their primary language. Get over it.

If that's not what you meant, perhaps I need to learn to read. . :)

You do, I was telling Kage that if he actaully took the time to read my post he would see that I understand New is only trying to keep the few players that come interested, he must have missed that part, hence me reply to him.

I do thank you for your keen insight and it has been noted, have a nice day!

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do, I was telling Kage that if he actaully took the time to read my post he would see that I understand New is only trying to keep the few players that come interested, he must have missed that part, hence me reply to him.

I do thank you for your keen insight and it has been noted, have a nice day!
Don't you just hate it when some ppl are to lazy to read the complete thread and only read few posts here and there and then reply. There like little kids only listening to bits and pieces of a conversation and then making comments which makes them look somewhat ignorant.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't you just hate it when some ppl are to lazy to read the complete thread and only read few posts here and there and then reply. There like little kids only listening to bits and pieces of a conversation and then making comments which makes them look somewhat ignorant.
Gee, you just described the person you're defending in this thread, don't you feel smart now!

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed my time in NEW. It was a great way to learn how the Siege shard operates. For the most part, I spent my time in NEW with other NEW members. I joined NEW after someone at the bank told me about it and got hold of Shalimar for me. I came to Siege from the GL server and had only played there a short time. I logged into Siege out of curriosity as I was at the Brit bank on GL and some people were trash talking Siege. They were saying what a horrible place it was and how nobody could go anywhere with out getting PK'd. I thought I would just see for myself. After not getting PK'd on my newbie character, I joined NEW.
I wasn't really interested in the free stuff at the NEW keep, I did use a few things there however. I found the challange of getting most of my own stuff to be fun.
Prior to graduating NEW, I did a little basic reasearch about the guilds on Siege. I applied to Gilfane, was interviewed by Hoff's, and was granted membership. Why did I join GIL? Mostly because of the way that the guild was structured. I reviewed the Gilfane web site and decided that someone (Hoff's) had put in a LOT of time putting this thing together. It seemed to me that the guild was well organized and well structured. Also, I had a few conversations with others from various guilds and they all pretty much told me that I should apply to Gilfane when my time in NEW was up. I would not have fit in well in a PVP guild since I had no PVP experience.
Did I get PK'd while in NEW? Well of course I did! I still do too! The happy part is, now I win once in a great while. Being in NEW helped me to get a good start on the Siege Perilous Shard.
My own feelings about the NEW guild is that it is a part of Siege. A very valuable asset to everyone. I tip my hat to Shalimar and the others who put in their time to make it work. NEW makes a positive impact for eveyone who plays on Siege.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The first group are GIL
Quite a list, how many do you think stayed here because of NEW?

If you remember in the past we have met in game when I donated A bag of 115 PS to you.

The only thing that bothers me is when people put NEW above any other guild on Siege, you do what you do and thats great, but others can and will do what they do.

I started to pick up a few books when in two days I was pked by memebers of GIL. I was engaged in a faction fight and a Blue member of GIL attacked me.

As we can see in your list most NEW ends up as GIL, it is for that reason that I support picking up the books.

What one person finds offensive is different than another...

Status
Not open for further replies.