• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Tales of Ice and Fire

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battles are sometimes won with bloodshed. Others are won in the silence between dawn and dusk. And sometimes there is a peace that lasts centuries. This is not one of those times.

Often even the boundaries of an uneasy peace are tested with time. But not even time can heal the wounds of a battle fought between this plane and others.

More...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whoa. Note to villains everywhere: don't muse out loud with so many scrying mages out here watching.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good story... though I don't understand what it has to do with the title.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the now-missing crimsons/Six breath fire ... silver-grey (as seen on the mysterious newcomers) is the gleen of platinum ... methinks we're building to a rather epic confrontation.

G

GL_Seller

Blink. A league passed. Blink. Three leagues.

That line mad me laugh. They must have been sitting around fell when they thought of this. Just keep tossing new **** at us instead of fixing blatant problems that you admitted you knew about what is it now 2-3years?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Any onlooker would gather that the two shadows moving in the lavender light must be planeshifting to move so quickly. Blink. A league passed. Blink. Three leagues.

So they are speedhackers? :D

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used to say that about the Generals... So why not?

mmm... Muffins.

A

AesSedai

- I was thinking maybe Casca doesn't like cake :)

Good story (stories).

First Casca introduces himself in front of Blackthorn's castle & now this losing of a knight to a pawn!?!? This elven king smells more and more like trouble for Britannia.
Then we have wounds and planeshifters and hints of battles; sounds to me like Britannia may be in for some rough times.

S

siyeng0

For a brief shining moment, I saw the title and thought that George R. R. Martin had become a UO dev.

Also, "Prosperity, magic and muffins."

Muffins.

Muffins!

*sigh* Elves.

M

MorganaLeFey

*Raises eyebrow* This latest tale reminds me of a certain, sneak and despicably sly Grima Wormtongue! Ugh! *shivers*

Whatever tomorrow brings, one will more than likely need to get in the habit of sleeping with one eye open and ye back to the wall. If there's any sleep to be had of course!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sleep with my crossbow across my chest bolt loaded.... if I sleep at all in the night.... being as I'm a Drow albeit a fallen one... I still prefer the shadows and the dark... Be certain my eyes and my ears are open.

I was more concerned with this little slip:

“But I didn’t. There was no word to …”.......

makes those little hairs stand up on the back of your neck....

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've enjoyed reading your fiction, Cal. Good writing! :)

Seems there is definately epic trouble ahead for Sosaria...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a brief shining moment, I saw the title and thought that George R. R. Martin had become a UO dev.

Also, "Prosperity, magic and muffins."

Muffins.

Muffins!

*sigh* Elves.
Yeah, the title caught my attention since I love Martin's series. I wonder if Cal is a Martin fan as well....

C

Cal_Mythic

Yeah, the title caught my attention since I love Martin's series. I wonder if Cal is a Martin fan as well....
Hmmm I am not. I grew up on Terry Brooks and Raymond E. Feist ... a touch of Jordan (MHRIP).

I will check him out.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I am not. I grew up on Terry Brooks and Raymond E. Feist ... a touch of Jordan (MHRIP).

I will check him out.
A Song of Ice and Fire is probably my favorite fantasy series at the moment, so I highly recommend it. The first book is A Game of Thrones.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im wondering who the clever chess player is sending in his moves by bird....
We all know Blackthorn and British loved to play alllll the time...
LB! LB! LB!