• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about starting on Legends

C

Cabela

I'm looking for a new shard to call home.

I use to play on Atlantic a year ago but I quit. Thinking I'd never come back, I gave away my account to a friend. Now I've got that itch to play UO again. Why is it so hard to quit?!! Argggg!!!

Anyway, come to find out that my friend butchered my characters, quit the game, and let my 8x10 house fall (along with most of my stuff).
So rather than pick up the pieces and continue on Atlantic, I thought that I'd start fresh with new characters on a new shard.

I don't PvP (at least not yet) but I was wondering how other aspects of Legends are? Namely, open housing areas, friendly people, guilds, Champ & Doom hunts, etc. I know that Legends is a smaller shard, which is what I am shooting for.

Any help or info would be awesome. Thanks!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends is a wonderful shard, the people are friendly, there's open housing spaces, and the hunting is good here. You'll find lots of people willing to help you start again, and lots of people to hunt with.

We may be a smaller shard, but we've got a big heart to make up for it.

C

Caelas

Legends is a wonderful shard, the people are friendly, there's open housing spaces, and the hunting is good here. You'll find lots of people willing to help you start again, and lots of people to hunt with.

We may be a smaller shard, but we've got a big heart to make up for it.
Exactly what she said. :thumbup1:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But Id like to warn you to stay away from Sorcon. He has cooties and kinda smells like old dirty water.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I thought he had more of a dead wet dog smell to him

E

eolsunder

The good thing about Legends is its a less populated shard, thus means alot of open housing spots, even for towers, 18x18's, and maybe keeps. Also alot easier to get into champs, peerless, etc without having to wait in long lines or fighting over it. Easier to find hunting spots alone, or with friends.

But on the other hand, small shard means less people, less chance for vendors, less chance for interaction, etc. You have to take the good with the bad.

B

BardMal

Need any help getting up and running?

What kind of chars are you making?

D

Deadly Shadow

I'm looking for a new shard to call home.

I use to play on Atlantic a year ago but I quit. Thinking I'd never come back, I gave away my account to a friend. Now I've got that itch to play UO again. Why is it so hard to quit?!! Argggg!!!

Anyway, come to find out that my friend butchered my characters, quit the game, and let my 8x10 house fall (along with most of my stuff).
So rather than pick up the pieces and continue on Atlantic, I thought that I'd start fresh with new characters on a new shard.

I don't PvP (at least not yet) but I was wondering how other aspects of Legends are? Namely, open housing areas, friendly people, guilds, Champ & Doom hunts, etc. I know that Legends is a smaller shard, which is what I am shooting for.

Any help or info would be awesome. Thanks!

Lot of good folks on this shard.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God forbid we dont gate someone from Luna right when they ask though.

Grid

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I've got that itch to play UO again. Why is it so hard to quit?!! Argggg!!!
I'm still trying to figure that out, after quitting and coming back oh so many times... Been feeling the pull strongly lately, may be joining you in returning to the game and of course to Legends.

This shard has been my home (well, at least when the account is active) since it opened. As I remember its somewhat sparsely populated but with a better decent to jerk ratio than I've seen elsewhere. Plenty of space for housing and as I understand it lower prices on just about everything than on other shards (feel free to correct me on that).

At any rate I couldn't imagine playing any other shard.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to figure that out, after quitting and coming back oh so many times... Been feeling the pull strongly lately, may be joining you in returning to the game and of course to Legends.

This shard has been my home (well, at least when the account is active) since it opened. As I remember its somewhat sparsely populated but with a better decent to jerk ratio than I've seen elsewhere. Plenty of space for housing and as I understand it lower prices on just about everything than on other shards (feel free to correct me on that).

At any rate I couldn't imagine playing any other shard.
correct at every turn, Grid, and (almost) welcome home!

B

BardMal

I was gonna write a rap song for "P Ducky" - but I seem to lack the talent to write something worthy of such a great IDOC'r

C

Cobra76

Everything people on this thread said is true. Lots of housing, great people, not hard to find a hunting spot etc.

The only drawback I've found, is that because there are less people, there are less rares, which make the economy of Legends a lot higher than other shards. Things are just more dang expensive here.

Forwarned is forknowledged.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I agree with all the posts here. Legends is a great shard, great people to hang with and alot of good guilds. Theres tons of housing spots in fact one of my friends found a spot to place a keep just yesterday. The only thing is that since it is a less populated shard, sometimes I have a tough time finding things for sale, especially on vendors. But overall I think Legends is a great shard and we would be happy to have you! :)