Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Patch Notes from 2007-05-17-2
Patch Notes from 2007-05-17-2
Couple of notes:
- This will be on TC1 and TC4 (Not all testers will be able to get into tc4 right now - we'll fix that tomorrow)
- Some of the changes will be visible on all shards - however, many of them have both client and server components and will only be visible on the TCs. Please only report bugs from the TCs to avoid confusion
- The patch is big. Like, really big. Sorry about that.
- MAJOR KNOWN ISSUE: If you try to create a new character using a KR client of this version, it will hang. Character creation will work fine on the TCs
- The remaining schools of crafting have been added:
- Tailoring, carpentry, tinkering, cooking, inscription, alchemy, and fletching
- The New player tutorial has been added
- Teaches the basics of the new UI and gameplay. Testers are encouraged to make new characters and check it out!
- KNOWN ISSUE: New Player Tutorial - Looting lesson will break tutorial if the items are "right click" looted and not dragged
- KNOWN ISSUE: The NPT only triggers the first time you open the client after install – to trigger it again, delete the game settings folder.
- KNOWN ISSUE: Don’t attack the zombies in the skeleton area!
- The Macro system is in!
- Currently the macro system can be accessed from the main menu.
- You can assign target types to macro actions just like you can in the new hotbar system.
- Macros can be assigned unique icons and can be placed in the hotbar.
- You can also attach keybindings to macros if you want to execute them without ever putting them in a hotbar.
- There are two new macro actions called Equip and Unequip items.
- Equip Items: Select a set of equipment to equip all at once. It will replace existing equipment the player is wearing as long as there is enough room in the backpack for the removed items
- Unequip Items: Select a set of equipment slots to unequip. It will attempt to put items in those slots into your pack.
- Advanced chat system
- Offers several different chat channels to speak in
- Ability to create custom private channels
- Right-click on a chat tab to get a context menu. This will allow you to create new tabs, destroy existing ones, and assign whatever channels you want to each tab. By default system messages go to the first tab, and everything else to the second.
- Drag a tab away from the rest of its fellows to form its own chat window (which can then have new tabs added).
- In User Settings (Interface tab), you can set the Chat Window Fade Delay to a value between 5 seconds and forever.
- The Friends tool is available via the shepherd’s crook icon at the bottom. From there, you can add or delete characters from your friends list, or send a tell to a friend.
- There are many commands available to help you use this system – to see a list of them, type /help
- The party commands have been changed from slash commands to dash commands as follows:
- -t -> Say something to the party
- -quit -> Resign from the party
- -rem -> Same as quit
- -add -> Add a party member
- -list -> List party members, maybe?
- -accept -> Accept invitation to join party
- -decline -> Decline invitation to join party
- -t1…-t10 -> Say something to a particular party member
- There is now a skills tool customization tab where players can group skills as they choose
- Object handles are in!
- Appears with ctrl+shift allowing the player to easily grab things in the world.
- The radar map tool has been improved and expanded with the following features:
- Zoom in/out
- Scroll around when double clicked
- Stay centered on player when they move around
- Switch between radar and atlas mode
- Select what icons the waypoint types use and whether they show up on atlas, radar or world
- Show static waypoints for different points of interest (moongates, etc)
- Show dynamic waypoints for party members and corpses
- KNOWN ISSUE: The World Map does not work in dungeons
- More character customization options
- Ability to choose different faces and clothes during character creation
- Info windows have been added to the Skills pages for each skill
- Persistent pet management window now exist where players can issue commands to their pets and monitor their health.
- Health bars can now be dragged off of monsters and targeted
- Two new sound control bars have been added (however, they are non-functional at this time – only the Main Volume slider works)
- A profanity filter has been added
- Improved terrain blending
- Multiple gumps have been added including:
- Community collections
- Various personal attendants
- Promo tokens
- Bulk Order Deeds
- Players can now drag gumps partially offscreen
- Fixed bug where the "log out" option would not save player settings
- The mouse pointer "hand" will change color correctly in and out of war mode
- Fixed many art issues, including paperdoll issues, various imps, and pink boxes
- Fixed many world issues
- Fixed many minor bugs with various gumps
- The chat window should no longer interfere with movement
- Vet rewards statues are no longer life-size
- Improved performance in areas with many houses