Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Patch Notes from 2006-05-11
Patch Notes from 2006-05-11
Thursday, May 11th, 2006 at 2:30PM PDT (9:30PM GMT), we will deploy client patch 5.0.2a
Details for the patch are as follows:
- Added targeting reticle on/off toggle to the options gump
- Toggling off the new targeting system now disables the target status gump as well
- The targeting reticle no longer displays when items are targeted via double-clicking, only when they are cycled to using macros
- Targeting reticle no longer obscures small items
- Removed highlighting when targeting something with the reticle system. Highlighting still appears if the player is in combat with the target, or if the player mouses-over a stat bar other than the target status gump
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a player from being able to double-click a target in certain spots when the reticle system was turned off
- Moved the default location for the target status gump the first time it ever comes up to the upper left corner of the game window so that it wouldn’t conceal the target
- Fixed an issue that could cause health bars to not update properly
- Target status gumps now display when the target is poisoned
- Mounting or dismounting from a pet no longer causes a player to lose their current target. Also mounting no longer brings up or changes the target status gump
- Target reticle now resizes correctly if the player targets themselves and then mounts a pet
- Fixed a client crash that would sometimes occur when cycling through targets too quickly
- Added the AttackLast macro back in
- Renamed the UseLastObject macro to LastObject for 2D/3D client. Macros already setup with UseLastObject will automatically be converted to the new name
- Renamed the ToggleReticleOn/Off macro to TargetSystemOn/Off. Macros already setup with TargetSystemOn/Off will automatically be converted to the new name
- Added a feedback message when a player uses the TargetSystemOn/Off reticle
- Fixed an issue with tool tips being off when there are more than 3 icons and the orientation is up or left
- Moved the default location for the buff/debuff gump
- Fixed an issue that was causing the buff/debuff gump to move when the game window was moved
- Fixed a graphical issue with the buff/debuff gump that occurred when a player cast Divine Fury and then crossed a server line
- Fixed several buff/debuff tool tips
- Removed a debug message that would appear if a player left a party
- Removed an area of green land that was unintentionally added to the corner of the map
- Added the Reduce Display Framerate toggle to Japanese options gump
- Bump version letter to "a"
- Localization changes
If patched correctly, your current version will display 5.0.2a for both clients.
If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.